Catawiki Reviews

08AM
8AM

Popular Questions:

Delivery

How does Catawiki deliver?

How can I contact Catawiki?

Tell us how Catawiki made you happy

Postal Service, Own Driver, Courier
"As a seller I am not being paid for 4 months now. Sellers beware avoid this scammer website! I can prove my situation with all my documents!"
Are you Catawiki? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Could not get the app to work. First it said there was a connection problem, the when I tried again a few days later, I was unable to log in."
"I have two experience that the sellers do not send the item. It is very difficult to contact catawiki for refund. The first, I made an oversea call which was expensive. The second time, I am still waiting for catawiki response. My order is 12134349. Please help. No confidence in this auction site."
"Catawiki is an unrelible and unresponsive auction site. I had a problem with a seller not delivering an item as advertised. The seller agreed entirely to my claim but Catawiki sat on the funds and has not even answered my messages or emails. If you are a buyer you have very little protection. Steer clear. Stick to Ebay."
"As far as buying is concerned, I have received all items as described, and promptly. I have not used this site for selling so I am unable to comment on that process. However, unlike ebay, Catawiki has a fundamental problem in the way that they have no buyer protection, as you are unable to pay by PayPal, which is a must if you are using these auction sites. I have had previous problems on ebay and PayPal have always resolved the issues, and I have been refunded, but I have heard that there are lots of problems with Catawiki when things go wrong, and Catawiki Customer Service does not provide an adequate solutions to deal with the problems, so you need to bear this in mind if using this site - things do go wrong and you may well be left to deal with the issues yourself, and what a nightmare this could be, so be warned. Until they allow PayPal to be used to pay for the auctions, this is going to be the major downside of using this site!!!!!!"
"I am a buyer with Catawiki. I have been very pleased with my purchases. Many are one of kind items. Descriptions of my purchases have been accurate. I believe the commission being charged from the buyer is unreasonable. As the postage is also unreasonable. This company is relatively new and has some serious administrative issues to be addressed. But the concept is better than most online auctions. I don't think you should add minutes to the auction. It's obvious you want to get the highest bid possible by resetting the clock, but is not an incentive for a real auction afficionados. Once worked out, I believe Catawiki will be as competitive as eBay!"
"I have purchased three item, watches, and am awaiting the fourth to arrive, I am very supicious as the fourth was a low price and no other bidders !!! However I used my credit card so have some protection. DO NOT BUY UNLESS YOU USE A CREDIT CARD. I have one piece that was described as in good condition, it doesn't work ! Please be aware they appear to sting you with the exchange rate, on a 522 Euro deal I was charged ove 16 Euros, (£14) above the standard exchange rate. I see some items selling for 15,000 euros, I would be very cautious on this. Having compared prices of exclusive Swiss watches to some Pre Owned watch sites, the prices on this aution site are very similar, which means NO BARGAIN, but high risk. I recommend you use reputable sites, I think this Catawiki is like early Ebay, where many crooks are selling fake, stolen or just rubbish items they cannot sell legitimately. Conclusion, high risk, Definately not expert valuations and no bargain."
"It is very embarrassing that Catawiki is a Dutch platform. I am Dutch, but I live in Italy. They treat me so bad, you cannot imagine! My husband he is a lawyer and his opinion is that everybody should avoid Catawiki."
"AVOID CATAWIKI AUCTIONS LIKE A PLAGUE: FAKE ARTIFACTS, FAKE CREDIT VOUCHERS, LIES, THEFT, a stain on my beloved Holland!! On Sep 17, 2018, I won an auction for an Abelam figure. It was listed as having "Striking Pigmentation" [sic] by Arend de Grave. Moreover, de Grave committed a grave offense by dramatically raising contrast in his photos to back his lying description. See de Grave photo (left) and my photo in natural light (right). CATAWIKI's Foreign Relations Manager, Luke Dench "RESOLVED" the problem by issuing me a partial refund of 500 euros in the form of CATAWIKI credit vouchers. Guess what? THE VOUCHERS WERE FAKE TOO!!! I won two items at $2006 and tried to use these #$%^* vouchers - and they were FAKE! In early December 2018, CATAWIKI's Samantha conofirmed that the vouchers did not work and advised me not to pay $2006 for a few days while CATAWIKI fixes or replaces vouchers. Imagine, now 6 WEEKS LATER, they did not fix the vouchers., Moreover, in early January 2019, CATAWIKI blocked me from their auction for following Samantha's advise and not paying!!! CATAWIKI Experts do NOT see items, they judge them by photos, and when photos are "fixed" by de Grave, experts cannot give honest description of artifacts. SO, Catawiki sells lots of faked artifacts, fakes its own credit vouchers, and does NOT reply numerous please to come honest. Thus, AVOID CATAWIKI LIKE A PLAGUE! SPREAD this message, protect fellow collectors from dishonest dishonorable lying CATAWIKI. Such a stain on Holland, the country I love!"
"Hello I plead for suspending the suction because I have put a reserved price and my lot did not appeared till Saturday 13th of January and tomorrow is closing with no RESERVE PRICE! What a deal?! YOU ARE NOT CORRECT and I am pleading for SUSPENDING THIS FRAUD. THE MINERAL IS NOT GOING TO BE SOLD WIHTOUT A RESERVED PRICE and your action was not correct!"
"The head auctioneer is a seller herself Iris Hendricks in Jewellery sells her Jewellery on the site and she vets sellers. It’s nepotism . Only Dutch sellers (some Spanish) The control of vendors by the auctioneers is defiantly suspicious. They control the whole business model ."
"I am new to this site, bought 4 swiss made watches, but after reading the reviews, made sure I paid with a credit card. The item that has turned up, after a description of, " Good working order ," isn't that at all. The description did highlight some marks etc, but the fingers cannot be adjusted and it has just simply stopped, this is 3 hours after receiving it. I have taken it to a high end watch repair shop for inspection and am awaiting thr results and cost for repair, which I won't be paying!! You must realise that NONE of their items for sale, CANNOT be physically examined by any so called expert, just look at the logistics, some items are from as far as Japan!!!! The photo's cannot examine if something is mechanically sound. However, any auction is a risk, this seller knew what he was doing and will get it back, I am protected by the credit card company, DO NOT PAY with any other method, far too risky, I am awaiting the other three items, so watch this space. My experience so far is not good."
"My experience shows that the so-called expert auctioneers have no expertise in their respective fields on many occasions at all. They cannot distinguish real items from fake. Sometimes it seems they have no idea about what they are doing, and their price estimates have nothing to do with the reality. Recently I read an article on smartshoppingschool.com and it correlates with my experience. It shows how unprofessional these "expert" auctioneers are. If you would like to find out more here is the link: https://www.smartshoppingschool.com/catawiki-online-auction-safe-haven-for-fake-jewelry/"
"I was checking the price of Gold bullion to buy. If you buy cold coin or bullion from Catawiki you will be paying 25 to 50% MORE than if you bought it from your local gold bullion dealer. THE COMPANY IS FRAUD. Do not buy or sell through this company. Besides they do not operate in the UK. If there are any issues with the buy or sale it would take years to resolve and you have to pay for the legal fees. I BEG OF YOU. Keep out this company. Read the reviews. there are more negative review than positive reviews."
"How can an item sell for £244 one week, the same article the next week for £478 when you can buy it in perfect condition for £40? So of course when I tried to sell the same article all I got was £66. Something very suspicious going on here, I would suggest either fraudulent activity or money laundering comes to mind..."
"Experts are not reliable. The main point is that if you are serious you can’t appraise an item on pictures only. The oriental art team is really hopeless. Their knowledge is basic despite some academic titles."
""Experts" are not very expert. Site is poorly organised- it has to be used several times before all procedures are clear. Not a good place to sell relatively low-value items as their reserve price is much too high. The bidding is erratic and one wonders if it is manipulated. They hang on to your money far too long, in addition to a hefty commission.."
"Terrible firm. Would not recommend buying or selling. Talk a good game, but certainly do not deliver. A combination of the worst elements of an online platfrom such as eBay and traditional auction house, combined with fundamental dishonesty. Many bad reviews already, you really shouldn't use them!"
"Outright robbery"
"Item tracked (yodel)informed that it had been delivered .then that the itm was returned to seller ,this was confirmed by seller. Informed catawiki of this .CUSTOMER SERVICE A WASTE OF TIME NO HELP AT ALL OUT OF POCKET 98GBP."
Catawiki is rated 1.38 based on 47 reviews