Catawiki Reviews

18% of reviewers recommend Catawiki

How would you rate Catawiki ?

"As others have mentioned, the sales pitch to get you to list items is very persuasive, with your own account manager etc. Always calling you as to when you will list items. Any problems once listed or with buyers and it's like they never heard of you and just don't want to know. Also they never mentioned that you have to pay the postage out of your own pocket, even though they have been paid the postage. 36 items sold abroad with £13-16 postage is over £540 to payout upfront. Any issues (not received) and they keep the money BUT STILL EXPECT YOU TO PAY THIER COMMISSION!! AND LOOSE OUT ON THE POSTAGE PLUS ALSO THE ITEM!!! Work that one out. £120 item costs me the item+another £12 plus £13 postage and no help from catawiki. Thieves in sheeps clothing."
"Looks really professional but really poor service when things go wrong. Also experts really need to have their credentials checked as they don't seem to know their stuff. Would never use them again for buying or selling If I could give no stars I would. One star is too much. Shocking"
"thieves! They forced me to pay € 250 for a shipment they told me I would not have to pay! I paid for them to send me back, because otherwise I could not talk to the seller! And when talking to her they tell me that she is not professional and can not return the money? !!! But what is this??!!!! The order: Nr. 10620077 14. Vintage Industrial Cabinet - metal"
"opgelet , dit is een site met vriendjes , de topverkopers krijgen voorang op alles en er word zelfs naamaak voor echt verkocht , heb dit op papier staan , zijn de grote verkopers die dit mogen , opgelet mensen"
"BUYER BEWARE!!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!!! As a buyer you will have NO support from customer service. They say that they will help you and then never do. Thank goodness I purchased with a credit card and they saved me. I bought a vase over 400.00USD. SELLER sent to wrong address. Returned to seller to reshipped and then it arrived broken. I was told I would be reimbursed to return broken vase to Italy. After many many overseas phone calls and endless documented detail emails, I was left hanging with no refund for purchase or the return shipping. I also made a purchase and the seller lied and said he shipped the statue but he never did, it took 3months to get my money back. Catawiki I does not have the buyers back!!"
"I submitted an authentic Goyard bag for auction and I was told it was fake. It makes me question their ability to know authentic vs fake. I now question authentic designer merchandise for sell."
"I was scammed"
"be extremely attentive! a month ago they paid for the lottery 400 €. The parcel has not received, the auction refuses to return the money."
"Be careful! Won the lot. Paid 400 euros. The seller sent the goods not by urgent DHL service, but by ordinary. It's been 30 days already, we did not receive the parcel, maybe it's lost. The dispatch was from the Netherlands to Lithuania, but she somehow found herself in Finland. The seller does not want to do anything, she does not contact the delivery service. The auction itself, referring to its politician ,. in the refund of money refused. Be extremely careful when making bets on this site."
"I purchase its porcelain in Asain. It took over one month to deliver and the item delivered is a wrong one. I contact the Catawiki about the wrong item. But the customer service told me it was now out of 10 day protection and can't ask the seller to refund me. If you don't stay in Euro, please consider carefully about buying items from Catawiki. I contact the customer service after 10 days due to the long delivery issue. The staff did contact the seller. But if the seller didn't refund or was ineffective in communication, the customer service is unable in taking any action to protect buyer's benefit. That's my personal experience. I am now still struggling in getting my right stuff or my money back."
"Slow service, high fees, terrible customer service, "experts" are clueless (approving obvious fakes, disapproving obviously genuine items, ridiculously inaccurate estimates of value, arbitrary changing of requirements which wastes ridiculous amounts of time). If you send an email to the info@ address to complain about the behaviour of an auctioneer you will get an automated response (if you are lucky) to say the complaint has been sent to auctioneer you complained about. And then, surprise surprise, you won't hear from the auctioneer. Completely unprofessional in every respect. Don't waste your time or your money. Unfortunately it is not possible to give a rating of minus five stars. UPDATE: Catawiki has responded with more nonsense below. Two months previously I listed and sold items almost exactly the same as the ones they rejected this time. At that time this type of item was acceptable and now it is not? And there are many other similar items currently for sale on the site. Are they suitable or not? This stock reply was obviously written without any research into what actually happened and I have still had no reply to my official complaint. You can expect this type of nonsense from Catawiki. Unbelievably bad. Go somewhere else. Anywhere else! Google - catawiki swindle - or Google - catawiki reputation"
"Stay away, don't buy or sell comics with catawiki they are complete buffoons!! No knowledge at all or backgrounds on auctioneers, they won't take items sold buy them. They make up prices and make you jump through hoops. You can never disagree with the auctioneers, they behave like children. No evidence to back up the auctioneers expertise. 90% of the time whatever you buy you will be disappointed, nothing on this website is exclusive. LOOK ELSEWHERE"
"I'm a seller of Catawiki and i like it so much."
"trying to sell is a nightmare you have no control over your items and if they buyer does not pay you are held to ransom for six weeks until they try to get your money and you are not allowed to sell your item to another party in this time ridiculous also woe betide anyone who dares to disagree with the auctioneer no customer service just telephone and all they do is pass on your complaint to the auctioneer you complained about and then they ignore your lots and leave them in limbo. if a buyer complains then your money is held ransom until the matter is resolved although they may be nothing wrong with the said item the list goes on sellers be aware before getting involved with this company"
"Site muito bom"
"I buy occasional coins from this auction site and although the delivery charges can be high (from Europe) the system works well"
Catawiki is rated 1.65 based on 17 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!