Vestiaire Collective Reviews

6% of reviewers recommend Vestiaire Collective
1PM
1PM

Tell us how Vestiaire Collective made you happy

"Very poor customer service. I live in the US and purchased for the first time. The item was from a US seller, but after purchasing and waiting 14 days, the seller had not shipped. So I looked at the seller profile and realized she had listed two items in 2014 and there has been no activity before that and since 2016 (questions about the items in 2016). Other sites I buy and sell on check with sellers who have been inactive or whose listings remain with no activity so that buyers do not tie up money for items no longer available. You now tell me I have to wait 30 days and if you have not recieved the item by then I will have my money returned within 48 hours. You have really bad reviews. I am shocked at how many but not surprised."
Are you Vestiaire Collective? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Vestiaire Collective receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Please please please AVOID this awful company !!!! Not worthy of 1 star but no option for zero stars. They sold my limited edition Louis Vuitton bag for £200 less than it was listed for without my consent. As a result I asked them to return 3 other LV bags I had listed with them. They stuffed all 3 into a plastic bag and then a flimsy cardboard box with absolutely NO packaging, inside or outside any of the bags. They had been listed by them as in "very good condition". The state of them when I got them back was shocking - I cried! They look like they've been run over. I sent them photos, shipping tickets, everything but all they did was offer me £100 off my next order - as if! They currently have a pair of Gucci shoes and a leather top of mine but I am too scared to ask for them back as they will arrive similarly battered or more likely be "lost". Absolutely outrageous behaviour. They are registered in France so court action is a last resort but I am seriously considering it."
"I bought a pair of Hermès heels from a private seller in good condition. But what I received was a pair of defect shoes, where the right heel could not be used. I contacted customer service and the approved a second quality control. After a long time, they finally got back and said that they could not return my money since worn shoes can have flaws and defects. This really pisses me off because I have no issues with flaws but a DEFECT is much more serious. If the shoe is defect, then they cannot be used, so it should've been stated in the description! So in conclusion, I ordered a pair of shoes which were supposed to be in decent condition, but got defect shoes instead. I reached out to customer service but they handled the matter poorly. Therefore, I will NOT return as a customer and I do NOT recommend them."
"Vestiaire lost my £370 shoes and did not respond to my email asking them to investigate it!! Appalling customer service. I am so upset"
"Purchased a Chanel belt which was described as silver when I got the belt it clearly showed that half the belt was gold and the other half was silver my return was excepted label was sent to me and item was shipped back to the company a few days later and email was sent denying my return I called immediately and the gentleman at customer service told me the reason for the denial was due for other reasons not for the reason of the color Which was my original and first claim he therefore re opened the claim , I again got another notice stating that the claim has been denied for the second time with a reason and I quote the quality control had stated “The color of the gold is closer to SilverSo it was difficult to distinguish .....telling me the color was as it was pictured !!!!! and just to let you know I purchased this from my cell phone and the photo clearly showed it was all silver as well as the description clearly says silver it mentions nothing about this belt being 2 tone.... this is fraud they clearly admitted that the gold does exist but it seems a little bit more silver but then the rest of the half the belt is silver so here we have a two-tone belt that they needed but then yet they refuse my return I will not let this rest I want others to know this was my first and only experience that I’ve had with this company there are a lot of other websites that guarantee and I’m more for the customer I will be fine this with my credit card company and I suggest everyone else to do the same if you go look at the reviews which I didn’t do you will see why"
";Lovely service, prompt shipping, poor relation to the seller as they refused to contact me but overall, very very happy my piece came flawless and exactly as described."
"Avoid this website! Absolutely outrageous customer service. The website is a disgrace, although I continuously delete my old address it reappear in the additional information in my profile, resulting in a pair of very expensive boots getting sent out to the wrong address. I have been told on numerous occasions there is nothing they can do and no way of contacting the seller, I can simply leave a comment on the items page. I am reporting this site to trading standard as I am constantly hearing of issues through friends. Please avoid this company! Still no response to any emails."
"I made an offer on a Saint Laurent bag on July 27th, the seller counter offered and I accepted, purchased and paid for the bag. I wait 30 days to find out Vestiaire contacted the seller and was told the bag was not available! I received my refund immediately but I still see the seller has the bag for sale again for a higher price. I got no answers, nothing! I will never buy from them again!!!!!"
"Work with them at about 3 years. Sold 62 items. 3-4 times they made small mistakes but we found the solutions. 2 times their "expert team" send back louis vuitton bags as fake. I went to LV boutique told me that they are real and found them. The first bag i send back to them and they sell it! The second i sold it here! One time they loose a Cartier screwdriver , i bought another one and they refund me. But no they are Dangerous! Send them LV supreme bag with box ,papers , invoice etc. THEY SEND ME BACK A FAKE ONE!!! With No Box and a wronf invoice from another country!! Send them pics , messages, and after 2 months of investigations and the "expert teams" the final answer was thats my bag was fake! They change or confused or lost or try to cover other situations! Send REAL , they send Back : FAKE!! Becarefull This Site!!! Not Serious Not Professional any more!!"
"I bought a Louis Vuitton bag for EUR 400 used It for two months and now it is totaly destroyed I have sent it back to VC but they will just return it back to me I can not use it beacuse the bottom of the bag is destroyed so i will throw it in the garbage I will never but anything from VC"
"I ordered a purse that as listed as in "very good condition", and the seller wrote " Bag comes in great and clean condition, only the 2 leather straps are curling up a bit from storage ". The purse looked really old and was totally damaged, de-colorated, scratched, everything. I made a complain and the costumer support with photos and they reply that they don't offer returns! What about making their job of assuring the articles are in the condition that they were listed?! Do not trust this people, they just collect your money."
"My experience with Vestiare Collective has been nothing but a nightmare. I purchased a handbag and never received the order , i have chased them up several times including emails and kept being told that i have to wait for the logistics team to inform me. At the end of it all the parcel is now being returned back to them without it reaching me at all. Their customer service team were extremely unprofessional and rude. I will never purchase anything from them again."
"Fake Hermès Constance. VC didn’t done authenticity checking. The bag has unclear engraving also had plastical smell. I can’t believe VC even passed the authencity checking even out the tags on. Luckily I paid via PayPal and created the dispute to request for refund. Just got funds back to my account."
"I bought a silver pandora bracelet. it’s FAKE their quality and authenticity control is a joke. Never buy on this site!"
"Wish I could do 0 stars! I bought a pair of shoes which stated they are very condition. Once they arrived turned out they are completely ripped on one side making them unwearable. Basically they could be thrown out. Contacted Vestiaire about it since I don't understand how shoes that are unwearable destroyed have been check and named "very good condition" by their quality control team. Their answer was that they do not do refunds, the quality control terms are just a guideline and do not have to state damage (LOL) and that if I am unhappy I can relist them for sale ... W T F Well sorry I am not a liar like the people working in Vestiaire and I cannot see myself selling a faulty pair of shoes thats unwearable while claiming it's good condition and hiding the fault on the photos as well as NOT writing about this in the description."
"I recently placed a order for a khaki green Moncler field jacket, what i was sent was a cheap GREY fake Moncler Axia jacket from Bulgaria. This style does not exist in the Moncler range yet the Vestiaire Collective authentication team verified it as genuine!?!?! They cannot even verify that it was a completely different colour and style to what i purchased let alone fake. Upon sending pictures they expect me to send it back to verify a second time! Obviously do not verify and are happy to supply and advertise fake goods. I have contacted Trading Standards who have a case now and from what i can see and hear this is very common with this company. Purchase at your own risk and read the countless fake reviews and poor service. Shambles."
"Be very careful with selling since Vestiaire doesn't pay you right after quality control and holds out payments for weeks. Now they keep my bags AND don't pay me which is under scrutiny by European Law. Unfortunately Vestiaire made the decision to cancel an authentic new gorgeous bag and hold it. It is an original one off, there are no different sizes and now the buyer misses an excellent bargain. I am completely done with the stupidity and meanness of the so called Authenticity Team. I only offer authentic bags with the best quality and they place me in a bad light because of a measurement mix-up. From now on I only sell through other sites and I'll make sure this will be out there on social media.I heard very bad references before from sellers!!"
"Be very careful with selling since Vestiaire doesn't pay you right after quality control and holds out payments for weeks. Now they keep my bags AND don't pay me which is under scrutiny by European Law. Unfortunately Vestiaire made the decision to cancel an authentic new gorgeous bag and hold it. It is an original one off, there are no different sizes and now the buyer misses an excellent bargain. I am completely done with the stupidity and meanness of the so called Quality Team. I only offer authentic bags with the best quality and they place me in a bad light because of a measurement mix-up. From now on I only sell through other sites and I'll make sure this will be out there on social media.I heard very bad references before from sellers!!"
"Read reviews before you buy! Item not sent, no communication, finally refunded, but I would rather have had my item. I would never use this site to buy or sell, there are better sites out there."
"I purchased two items from Vestiaire Collective on the same day 13th of October 2017. The first item, a Balmain blazer arrived promptly as stated. However, the moment it arrived I opened the box and immediately emailed Vestiaire Collective requesting a refund because the blazer arrived was not as the images show. It arrived in a light green/blue almost teal color, NOT the deep green hunter color Balmain jacket shown on their site. After 7 emails back and forth thier representative told me that they would not honor the refund because it was not returned within the two weeks stated. It was in fact returned within 8 days. I then provided to them all the documents including the shipping reciepts. Their next response was that they will not refund due to a slight difference in color. This is not a slight difference in color; The item listed on their site is the iconic hunter green Balmain, the one I received is a teal blue. There is nothing similar about this. Obviously Vestiaire Collective had no intention of honoring their own policies. I requested to speak with a manager and the response I received a week later was that I needed to change the address in my account so they could return the jacket to me, or it would be destroyed! Vestiaire Collective is a dishonest company who does not follow their own stated policies, and obviously does not care for their clients. I will not shop here again, and I do not recommend them to anyone for any reason."
Vestiaire Collective is rated 1.39 based on 31 reviews