Vestiaire Collective Reviews

5% of reviewers recommend Vestiaire Collective
8PM
8PM

Tell us how Vestiaire Collective made you happy

"Please don’t waste your money Void at all cost this company should be shut down Void void void"
Are you Vestiaire Collective? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"VC IS A FRAUDULENT COMPANY IN EVERY AND ALL ASPECTS. I SHOULD NEVER HAVE PURCHASED A THING FROM THEM. THEIR REPRESENTATIVES ARE SNOTTY, RUDE AND THINK THAT BUYERS ARE DIMWITTED. THEY LOST AN EXPENSIVE ITEM WHICH MEANS I AM OUT OVER $1,500 US AND NOW THEY DEMANDED I FILL OUT THEIR INSURANCE CLAIMS WITH THEIR CARRIER SO CAN COLLECT - THIS MEANS THEY WILL HAVE TWICE THE MONEY THEY HAVE OF MINE. THEY MUST THINK WE ARE STUPID. MY BANK IS HANDLING THE MATTER. IF NECESSARY I SHALL TAKE LEGAL ACTION."
"If there’s negative infinite star, they deserve it. I saw those bad reviews. I should have listened. Bought an Hermes kelly bag listed as in “very good condition” and “never worn” and the pictures were deceiving. Instead, I received a significantly worn, scratched, and discolored bag. Very disappointed. Where is so called “quality control”? Also the seller Phillip, you are scamming a hard working person who has saved really hard. How do you sleep at night? Update: This website is a scam and the sell also has no conscience. “The quality control” just emailed me saying the bag passed their quality control therefore I have to keep it. How? There is a difference between “slight worn corners” and “corners look like bitten by a shark”. It’s over 4000$ !! I will not be able to sell it because the bag is a piece of garbage. People, learn from my lesson. Never ever ever believe this website and the sellers on the website. I can’t believe a business like this can sustain in the long run. I am reporting them to the BB bureau and consumer.gov where complaints can be shared with several nations. Also the customer service people are useless. “There’s nothing they can do. Quality control people don’t have phone. They can’t transfer phone calls to their supervisor.” Sounds like a slump lord. Update: The reference number is 6736939. I would appreciate if you can provide full refund. I will ship back the bag to you once I receive it. Apparently it is on the way back to me. Please let the seller know that it is unethical to claim the bag is “in perfect condition” and “never used” when it is clearly heavily used and well-worn. Also your quality control people should have standard. Otherwise why bother having them at all? I have been working very hard and saving for very long for this bag. It costs me 4000$!! It is NOT a small purchase I can just let it go. I have purchased many vintage items from the realreal, fashionphile, and yoogi’s closet. I have never ever experienced this kind of treatment. Please respect your customer and practice honest business. Update: Called the customer service again. The answer is that there’s nothing they can do. It has been causing me significant stress. I don’t understand why do they even have customer service if there’s nothing they can do. Or why there’s even quality control if anything and everything satisfies them. Do NOT make a mistake like me. Don’t ever buy from them! It’s not worth the money, time, anxiety, and dismay."
"I FOOLISHLY PURCHASED SOME ITEMS OF FINE JEWELRY FROM VC. NEEDLESS TO SAY - NOT ONE ITEM MADE IT HERE AS IT SHOULD. SO FAR, TWO ARE MISSING IN TRANSIT. ONE - DHL CLAIMS TO HAVE DELIVERED WHICH IS AN IMPOSSIBILITY AS I HAVE BEEN HOME ILL FOR THE LAST 3 WEEKS. BUYER BEWARE. THEY ALSO CHARGE VAT ON USED ITEMS WHICH IS NOT THE USUAL WAY OF DOING BUSINESS. I KNOW THIS AS I HAVE BEEN PURCHASING JEWELRY FROM OVERSEAS FOR DECADES. THEY ALSO MAKE NO EFFORT TO REFUND YOUR MONEY. IF I DO NOT RECEIVE THE GOODS - WHICH DHL CLAIMS THEY DELIVERED - I SHALL HAVE TO CONTACT MY BANK AND PLACE THE ITEMS IN DISPUTE. AT LEAST THAT WAY THE MONEY WILL BE FROZEN AND, HOPEFULLY, RESOLVED IN MY FAVOR. DO NOT PURCHASE A THING FROM THEM."
"Dear all, I will never ever use this application. I have sent chanel watch for 12 000€. And TNT company deivered to the place on 21th of December at lunch. AND TILL NOW I DONT HAVE ANY INFORMATIPN WHERE IS MY WATCH!!! They just write me that they try to investigate. I have prove of delivery. Im sorry, but its not about 100€. Even not about 1000€. Its 12 000€ !!!! I can understand holidays etc. But!!! Is have past 9!!!working days. Is it normal? I dont have watch, i dont have money. 100% i will sue to that company. But Its very nervous, I will need to pay to my layer. I am a huge buyer, and i will make an amazing BAD rewier for that site, if you dont find the watch and give my money."
"Avoid Vestiaire Collective at all costs. As the vast majority of reviews suggest, the company only stands behinds it sellers, and cares nothing for customer service or satisfaction. I ordered a Ghurka duffel bag from a private seller on December 14, 2018. When the bag arrived, it very obviously did not match the seller's description or pictures. The seller described the bag as "Tan GHURKA Canvas Cavalier II No. 97 Twill Duffel Bag. Leather trimmed zip top bag with gold-tone hardware" and described the cloth as "beige." The bag I received has very bright, tangerine orange leather trim, nowhere in the listing was the color orange mentioned, and the photos of the listing had been manipulated in such a way as to make the leather appear to be the more traditional and common Ghurka tan. I do not like orange, and would not have purchased the bag if I had any suspicion that the leather was orange. I contacted Vestiaire customer service through their website on 12/25 about the discrepancy in the listing. I received no response (Vestiaire disputes this. They claim to have responded on Dec. 26th. There is no message from them in any folder in my email, spam, trash, or otherwise. Oddly enough, all of their later emails came through with no issue, including a satisfaction survey they will obviously ignore, judging by all the reviews). I contacted them again via email on 12/28, and when they finally responded on 12/29, the only option they offered me to resolve the situation was to re-list the bag for sale with them (which includes a "small handling fee" I would be charged for that great honor, should the item eventually sell). Essentially, I am stuck with an expensive, but ugly, duffel bag that I will never use, all because that Vestiaire Collective does not stand behind the integrity of their listings, and allows dishonest sellers to describe an item in any way they please, no matter how untruthful or misleading. No one with any degree of English literacy would think think "tan" or "beige" describes bright orange, but apparently the quality and authenticity "experts" at Vestiaire Collective, who were supposed to have inspected the item for compliance prior to shipping, would disagree. Long story short. DO NOT BUY THROUGH VESTIAIRE COLLECTIVE! Even if an item is blatantly not as described, they will not allow returns of items purchased from private sellers through their web service. No matter the condition or description, Vestiaire Collective does not value its customers enough to correct those situations in a meaningful manner, and the overwhelming number of bad reviews are a testament to their nonchalant customer service attitude. Believe the bad reviews."
"Will never buy from this place. I order an item, but seller never since item in for QC. Vestiaire wanted me to keep messaging seller, while they only send out one email. Seller never replied. My issue with Vestiaire on they customer service is really bad. And they have a policy that you have to wait 30 day from purchase for either seller send in item or transaction is cancelled. And then wait another 3-7 days for refund. Needless to I will not shop on here no more"
"Avoid seller Laura Giuseppina she's listing items and if the sales price is not appropriate resp. high enough the transation is canceld by VC. This seems to be common practice. I filed an appeal against this practice but this is agreed with VC. For me this violates law and binding contact, but in France everything seems to be possible."
"Avoid the seller JDParis Avoid the seller JDParis I've ordered a jacket from the "trusted" seller JDParis - yes I am writing so you can avoid her!!!! which she never sent to VC (perhaps she realised it was not going to pass their condition evaluation?, who knows?) After a week I asked her: have you sent the jacket? She answers "of course I did, please don't bother me". Well after another week I called VC where they told me her tracking code was never activated which means she LIED to me. What should a decent company do? Cancel it immediately. VC keeps our money up to 30 days and keep calling their sellers "trustful"... Run away from VC as fast as you can, Rebelle is way better."
"This company has no way of cancelling items ordered in error and their customer services just cut & pastes platitudes when you try to complain. No way of escalating a complaint - you are completely at their mercy. Avoid at all costs."
"I have just signed up to Trustpilot only to leave this review. I have never been compelled to leave a negative review on a site like this until my experience with Vestiaire. Last Christmas I bought a pair of cufflinks for my partner. The item never arrived. After numerous calls I was assured someone would get back to me within 3 days. After not hearing anything from them and calling another several times I was told they would now get back to me within 30 days and that every time I called I would be put to the back of the queue! ...Talk about tying a customer's hands behind their back!! I took it upon myself to contact the postal service in France and was told that Vestiaire had not put enough postage on the item and it was being held at their local post office. I called Vestiaire to tell them this and ask them to increase the postage (the French post office were unable to accept payment from me, only the sender). I was told that I was again at the back of the queue and they would contact them within a month. I said that they weren't able to hold it for that long and that I wouldn't receive the gift before Christmas. After not hearing anything back I asked for the postal service to track the package and they said it was no longer on their system. i requested a refund from Vestiaire and was told I wouldn't receive it until the case had been investigated. Still nothing. I only received a refund when I had to get Payal legal team involved. After having to resort to messaging via Instagram I was offered a 50 euro gesture to cover my calls to them. Almost a year later I still haven't received it. I have recently been back in touch with them about it and was told their accounting team would be in touch within 3 days. 2 weeks later and still nothing. No response to my follow-up email. I am having to now leave 'comments' on instagram in the hope it will get their attention. I have never in my life had such bad customer service."
"Very poor customer service. I live in the US and purchased for the first time. The item was from a US seller, but after purchasing and waiting 14 days, the seller had not shipped. So I looked at the seller profile and realized she had listed two items in 2014 and there has been no activity before that and since 2016 (questions about the items in 2016). Other sites I buy and sell on check with sellers who have been inactive or whose listings remain with no activity so that buyers do not tie up money for items no longer available. You now tell me I have to wait 30 days and if you have not recieved the item by then I will have my money returned within 48 hours. You have really bad reviews. I am shocked at how many but not surprised."
"Please please please AVOID this awful company !!!! Not worthy of 1 star but no option for zero stars. They sold my limited edition Louis Vuitton bag for £200 less than it was listed for without my consent. As a result I asked them to return 3 other LV bags I had listed with them. They stuffed all 3 into a plastic bag and then a flimsy cardboard box with absolutely NO packaging, inside or outside any of the bags. They had been listed by them as in "very good condition". The state of them when I got them back was shocking - I cried! They look like they've been run over. I sent them photos, shipping tickets, everything but all they did was offer me £100 off my next order - as if! They currently have a pair of Gucci shoes and a leather top of mine but I am too scared to ask for them back as they will arrive similarly battered or more likely be "lost". Absolutely outrageous behaviour. They are registered in France so court action is a last resort but I am seriously considering it."
"I bought a pair of Hermès heels from a private seller in good condition. But what I received was a pair of defect shoes, where the right heel could not be used. I contacted customer service and the approved a second quality control. After a long time, they finally got back and said that they could not return my money since worn shoes can have flaws and defects. This really pisses me off because I have no issues with flaws but a DEFECT is much more serious. If the shoe is defect, then they cannot be used, so it should've been stated in the description! So in conclusion, I ordered a pair of shoes which were supposed to be in decent condition, but got defect shoes instead. I reached out to customer service but they handled the matter poorly. Therefore, I will NOT return as a customer and I do NOT recommend them."
"Vestiaire lost my £370 shoes and did not respond to my email asking them to investigate it!! Appalling customer service. I am so upset"
"Purchased a Chanel belt which was described as silver when I got the belt it clearly showed that half the belt was gold and the other half was silver my return was excepted label was sent to me and item was shipped back to the company a few days later and email was sent denying my return I called immediately and the gentleman at customer service told me the reason for the denial was due for other reasons not for the reason of the color Which was my original and first claim he therefore re opened the claim , I again got another notice stating that the claim has been denied for the second time with a reason and I quote the quality control had stated “The color of the gold is closer to SilverSo it was difficult to distinguish .....telling me the color was as it was pictured !!!!! and just to let you know I purchased this from my cell phone and the photo clearly showed it was all silver as well as the description clearly says silver it mentions nothing about this belt being 2 tone.... this is fraud they clearly admitted that the gold does exist but it seems a little bit more silver but then the rest of the half the belt is silver so here we have a two-tone belt that they needed but then yet they refuse my return I will not let this rest I want others to know this was my first and only experience that I’ve had with this company there are a lot of other websites that guarantee and I’m more for the customer I will be fine this with my credit card company and I suggest everyone else to do the same if you go look at the reviews which I didn’t do you will see why"
";Lovely service, prompt shipping, poor relation to the seller as they refused to contact me but overall, very very happy my piece came flawless and exactly as described."
"Avoid this website! Absolutely outrageous customer service. The website is a disgrace, although I continuously delete my old address it reappear in the additional information in my profile, resulting in a pair of very expensive boots getting sent out to the wrong address. I have been told on numerous occasions there is nothing they can do and no way of contacting the seller, I can simply leave a comment on the items page. I am reporting this site to trading standard as I am constantly hearing of issues through friends. Please avoid this company! Still no response to any emails."
"I made an offer on a Saint Laurent bag on July 27th, the seller counter offered and I accepted, purchased and paid for the bag. I wait 30 days to find out Vestiaire contacted the seller and was told the bag was not available! I received my refund immediately but I still see the seller has the bag for sale again for a higher price. I got no answers, nothing! I will never buy from them again!!!!!"
"Work with them at about 3 years. Sold 62 items. 3-4 times they made small mistakes but we found the solutions. 2 times their "expert team" send back louis vuitton bags as fake. I went to LV boutique told me that they are real and found them. The first bag i send back to them and they sell it! The second i sold it here! One time they loose a Cartier screwdriver , i bought another one and they refund me. But no they are Dangerous! Send them LV supreme bag with box ,papers , invoice etc. THEY SEND ME BACK A FAKE ONE!!! With No Box and a wronf invoice from another country!! Send them pics , messages, and after 2 months of investigations and the "expert teams" the final answer was thats my bag was fake! They change or confused or lost or try to cover other situations! Send REAL , they send Back : FAKE!! Becarefull This Site!!! Not Serious Not Professional any more!!"
Vestiaire Collective is rated 1.29 based on 42 reviews