“If I could give a zero or below I would.
1. It took me two hours to process my order on line … supposedly due to server issues.
2. After finally processing my order around 1:00PM and a promise of a two hour delivery or less, the technician never arrived causing me to lose an afternoon of work waiting for him. The appointment was reset for the following morning by Jason at 1-800 Battery for him to arrive between between 8:30 and 9:00 AM. ONCE AGAIN THE SAME TECHNICIAN ARRIVED AT 11:30 AM causing me to miss morning appointments.
3. The technician arrives in an old broken down vehicle. He immediately asks me for my tools so he could open up the battery casing in the car. So he not only shows up late on the second day to service my vehicle but doesn’t have the necessary tools to perform the job. AND HE WANTS TO USE MY TOOLS. Unfortunately my son took them for use on his car several days earlier so I was unable to provide him the tools for a job he should have had with him in the first place. So since he couldn’t complete the task he returned to his place of work.
4. I immediately sent an email to Jason stating the details as outlined above and asked him to remove the several hundred dollars they charged me.
5. Today I called Jason again noticing that a new charge had been made to my account for $159 supposedly to cover the Techs travel and time. This was an exorbitant amount of money because the original invoice only showed an $8 charge for his travel.
6. I told Jason to credit my account for all monies charged me. He only committed to chatting with the technician and nothing more.
This company is a farce … very unprofessional to say the least. My recommendation would be take it to the dealer. I was just trying to save a few bucks. Their advertising is very enticing. Stay away from this outfit. Remember you get what you pay for … and without any product being delivered.”
“5 stars - Quick, efficient and courteous - the contractor who arrived at my home was truly a professional. Quick response when I made a web request for service. I hope I never need to call again but if I do it will be a pleasure.”
“Within an hour and half after my online order, I had a new car battery installed. Communication was excellent, Edison (my mechanic) was professional and completed the job quickly. Overall, a terrific experience. Strongly recommend!”
“They were able to get to my house well into the evening. Their technician was professional, friendly, knowledgeable and a diligent worker. the call taker was also truly trying to do what it takes to get a battery to my house on the day that I called.also professional and friendly. I would definitely recommend 1-800-Battery.”
“My review would have been a five star except for the only complaint I had which was I was not told there would be a dollar per mile surcharge on the delivery of my battery. I was quoted a price plus tax and then when the final bill was emailed to me there was a $25 mileage charge on top of the price that I was quoted other than that everything else it was excellent”
“The people I spoke with were very helpful : My storage facility had a mechanical problem, so re-scheduling was necessary. On the second appointment, the tech arrived within a few minutes of the scheduled time.”
“Absolute disaster in all aspects of customer service and communication and I was totally ripped off in the end as well. On Monday 11/15 at 8:30 AM, I called in with a dead battery and was told that I would have service within a 3-hour window. The 3-hour window passed, and I never even received an email or text or anything letting me know the status. So, after another hour of waiting, I called and was told by the person representing you that they would investigate it, and they would communicate back ASAP as to why I was getting no response from anyone. Two hours after that, which is now 6 hours after my call, I called again since nobody had the decency to call me back and the person I spoke to said that the tech would be there in 20 minutes, but 30 minutes after that I got a call from the tech saying he was on his way and would be there in another 40 minutes, which is basically almost 8 hours after my initial call. The tech finally showed up and at that time he tested the battery and said that he thought the battery tested fine and did not need replacing. He stated that the battery just needed a full charge and if it stayed on the charger and got a full charge it would be fine. He said I should leave it on the charger for 18-24 hours, and I did just that and charged it for 20 hours before using it. Now today in the afternoon when I finally went to use it, the vehicle did start, but after driving just a couple miles from home to a store, it would not start again and was dead. I called your company, and I was told that the system was down and that someone would call me back shortly, which once again never happen. So, I was totally ignored a second day. What is even worse, is that the tech told me that since I didn't need the battery, I shouldn't take it as I would be charged for it and really didn't need it. He told me I had nothing to lose to wait a day and see if the battery would be fine after charging for 20 hours. But he lied to me as I was still charged $99.00 for a jump start that I really did not need as I had cables and had another vehicle there to jump it myself. If he told me that I would be charged for half the d=cost of the new battery for absolutely doing nothing, I would have 100% taken the new battery. So, I was totally ripped off and will be reporting this company to the better business bureau for so many reasons.
and since they just abandoned me again today stating that the system was down, I ended up calling a local garage after I had to call my wife to come out and jump start me, and when I got to the local garage, they tested the battery on a battery tester and it failed and said battery not good. I can send you a copy of this battery test if you want, but this entire process with this company has been a joke and you literally stole my money. So now I had to pay someone else for a brand-new battery the next day because your useless company failed on so many levels. I would like to get my money back and compensation for two lost days of my life or I will be calling the better business bureau and posting some of the most vivid complaints on social media as I am absolutely horrified with how you treated me wasting two days of my life and also how you stole my money for no service. Whatever you are using to test batteries is also garbage, so you should investigate that to avoid others having the same issue. I would not call this company for service again if my life depended on it and I would never recommend, and I will be filing complaints. Please let me know what you can do for me to make me whole after this embarrassment of a situation.
I cannot give a single star below for customer service as my experience was ZERO!”
“Had a terrible time getting someone to actually show up when they promised. Cost me an entire day because they were 5 hours late. Once the guy actually got here, he wasn't even a 1-800-Battery employee....worked for someone called "Pop-A-Lock." The guy, once he finally did get here, was actually pretty good and got the job done in a timely fashion. What happened to the days when someone actually delivered on what they said they'd do, when they said they'd do it?”