1-800-Battery Reviews

of reviewers recommend 1-800-Battery
Read 1-800-Battery Reviews

About 1-800-Battery:

1-800-Battery is the largest Battery Marketplace in North America. We have over 100,000 location, 10,000 products, 1000's of installers, all at the best prices and most service options available.

I know I needed the battery during a time when there were a lot of calls. I called Monday morning and received my battery Wednesday afternoon. I understand there were a number of calls. What upset me was lack of communication. I was told I was fifth on the list when I contacted customer service on Monday. At five PM I had received no update so contacted cs again. I was told it would be fist thing Tuesday. St about 11 called CS again. I was told I am now 7th on list. At midnight I get a call that the installer is in my driveway!! Then he had the wrong size battery. Promised to be back in the morning. I had a critical health appointment at noon. At 10:30 no word on the battery. I scrambled to get alternative transportation. He finally came around 3 PM. None of this would have bothered me if there had been reliable communication. I know this was a challenging time.
I spent 275 dollars to get a battery replaced. Car didn’t work the next day. Towed it to shop and they told me the battery was incorrectly installed and fried my car’s computer system.
I purchased a battery several months ago and made a customer complaint which I received no customer resolution. Now they send me a review.
The technician arrived after more than 4.5 hours instead of the promised 2 hours. He installed a different, much cheaper, battery and, incredibly, did not even secure it so that it was sliding around. He also installed the battery jacket after connecting the terminals, instead of the other way around, so that it was loose also. Incompetent or lazy or both. He also did not wear a mask. Now I have to waste more of my time dealing with this. Horrible nightmare!
Order and paid for an Exide battery, tech ( ? ) showed up with a Continental Plus ! Installed ,but could never reset computer to register new battery in a 2009 BMW 328i. Long story short ,never did get a new battery , BUT on my charge card they billed me for $83 for a jump start ?Would not recommend using this service . Talked to a JACOB in customer service ,NO HELP ! Asked to talk to his supervisor , Richard was to call me back --- 7 days later still waiting ?
I purchase a battery online I waited for the man to show he never showed I called him up and asked him where he was and he said oh we don't have your battery I have a BMW X5. Nobody called the customer to inform them they did not have the battery so it got really late and I finally called up and they told me they didn't have the battery I bought a battery of Chief auto parts so less money
Terrible service.
I’m still waiting for my car to be fixed bc battery wasn’t installed correctly. This is ridiculous.
Not good. I was quoted the auto battery for my BMW - M3 & paid over the phone. I received a call a few hours later telling me the battery would cost more, much more. THAT IS NOT THE WAY TO DO BUSINESS !!. You quote & collect payment & then call me later it would cost more
THAT IS Outrageous. I thought that callback was telling me the tech would be here in 30mins to install my PAID FOR brand new battery.
I had an appt scheduled for 11am and selected the option to checkout without paying in advance. I was then called and told I had to provide a cc # in advance to use for hold so that someone could come out. So, first, don't offer the option to NOT provide that because then I'm called and asked for it so that's not a good experience.

Then, they called me at 2pm on the day of my 11am appt (no contact about being late or anything) to say it was actually going to cost $50-60 more than I had authorized payment for. I told them to just not bother anymore and I dealt with it myself.
Set up an installation on a Sunday.
Received a call back 3 hours later informing me that they did not have the battery.
I requested my battery to be installed and the technician couldn’t unscrew the bolts for my battery. He called the company and they charged me 75.00 for nothing. I’ve requested my funds to be returned to no avail! I wouldn’t recommend this company!
Everything made sense to use your service and was all set. Unfortunately, no one called me on the installation day, and left me hanging. So, I bought my batteries elsewhere.
Tech never arrived. Do not utilize this service
Sold me a battery that said in stock on the site. When i inquired was told it was being made and not shipped. Missed christmas as this was a gift. I ordered and recieved within 1 week from a Chinese comapny
The customer care person was very very rude. He abused me when asked about the pricing. He was so rude. I never recommend this site to any one. Worst service ever
Quoted $215, Billed $315. Never discussed and certainly never given approval for the extra $100 charge.
after ordering they came to my house with the wrong battery. I gave them all the information on my car explained everything and they still got it wrong.
No one showed up on time to appointment set the day before. I got no communication from company on what was going on.
I’m just going to tell you what I went through.

I called at 10:30am. A ”tech” arrived approximately 2:30pm. The “tech” was preoccupied on his phone almost the whole time making him use one hand to do his job. Went inside shaking my head at his lack of professionalism. 40 minutes later I went back out. He began to tell me he couldn’t get one bolt loose because he didn’t have proper tools And had to leave for another call. Called them and they said they would call me at 9:00am the following day to have a different tech do the job. After they didn’t call by 10:30, I got a ride to the auto parts store and picked up a battery and installed it myself in under 15 minutes. I should have done this in the first place since I know how, but my car was dead and I couldn’t get a ride to the store the day it died. For this reason, the convenience of having a “professional” come to me and install a new one in my driveway was great. I have never done anything like this before. I will admit that I had a bad feeling about this. Like it was too good to be true. After I was done and I STILL hadn’t received a call from them as promised, I called them to cancel the order.

Never again!