1-800-Battery Reviews

of reviewers recommend 1-800-Battery
Read 1-800-Battery Reviews

About 1-800-Battery:

1-800-Battery is the largest Battery Marketplace in North America. We have over 100,000 location, 10,000 products, 1000's of installers, all at the best prices and most service options available.

I was quoted a price of $285 for my battery out the door. I was required to pay upfront so I gave my credit card info on the phone. After the battery was installed I was charged the $284.99 plus tax plus a $25 trip charge. I called the 800 number and was told that the extra charges would be taken off….they weren’t. Nice way to rip off a senior on fixed income but a very poor business model. I won’t ever use 800-Battery again and I’ll tell anyone that asks not to use it. I’m putting this on Yelp as well.
We looked up your order and your "25 Mileage" Fee was removed. On top of that it looks like your 2013 Mercedes Benz required a higher end battery as well. Please revise as none of this is true.
Charged my credit card for a battery I never recieved
At first I was thinking I'm really lucky! I ordered a Excide battery for my car. I asked the guy at customer service. How long would it be? 2 to 3 hours. I decided to go for a walk. 20 minutes later I got a text saying the guy will be at your place in 8 minutes. I got to my place I was really happily surprised . My battery is under the rear seat. He put in the battery that isn't for my car? There's a hose that connects to the battery to remove battery gases outside also the battery was not a Excide, off brand and a inch taller where my back seat goes in. No checking? Just put it in and took my battery. And left. After an hour and a half online with customer service. The chat ended? I called the main number. I got a machine. After a couple hours I got a text that said the tech will be there in 11 minutes. Took my old battery out put it on the ground took out the battery from 1800 batteries. And said you don't want our battery. I don't care. Then left. I never got any email or text about my refund. Until 2 days later saying canceled. Not the right product and Customer service Not very good at all.
The man opened the battery compartment under the seat but said he did not have his tools to remove the seat and left the cover on the back seat floor. You should send someone to put is back!!! It turns out the battery was fine. It just needed to be charged.
I booked a 1:30 pm service time and the service person arrived at 8:40 pm. Nobody from 1-800-Battery bothered to give us an update during the whole time. I contacted them 3 different times during the entire time I was waiting to get an update and nobody could give me any helpful info. They were simply guessing and kept asking me to just wait. I will definitely never use this company again and will tell all my family and friends to stay away from this unprofessional and unethical company.
I needed my battery replaced and I had to get to work so I thought it would be very convenient to have 1-800-battery deliver it to me and install it for what was a very fair price. However, I received a text that said "Your battery will arrive in 20 minutes". I expected that to be a little off, but was happy with how fast I got a response and expected them to come within the hour. This was at 10:55 AM, i was already late for work, and I did not receive my battery until 8PM. They sent me a tracking number for the battery, that showed how far the driver was from me. He sat at what I presume to be his home for about 2 hours while I was told it was 20 minutes away, drove to the Beach (the tracker was literally on the sand at the beach) and stayed there for about 5 hours. Then drove back to the same house as before, and then called me saying he was on the way, after not responding to me all day. All the while, customer service at 1-800-battery was giving me random estimates, saying he had Other jobs to attend to, even though they had already taken my money and I was at work waiting for a new battery. They said there is nothing they can do, and any time they give is an estimate. The price was fair, though it seems to be a very dishonest and un-organized company. I do not recommend using them, it would have been cheaper and faster to get a tow truck to advanced auto parts.
Promises unkept by 800 battery
I called because my battery was dead. I was told the guy would be there at 3:30 pm that day. At 4:30, I was called by someone to say that the person working that day didn’t know how to put in a new battery and could I wait until Saturday when the “regular guy” was available. I said that would be OK but they would have to charge me less or I would call someone else. They agreed to $199. He did show up on Saturday and changed the battery. Then I was charged the higher price. Bait & switch. I would NOT recommend.
Very poor warranty response. Multiple days wait for a dead battery and very poor service
The technician failed to install the battery properly, and my wife lost power while driving the car on the highway. She had the car towed to a service station who ran diagnostics and discovered the battery cable was loose and the battery holder was missing. This created an obviously dangerous situation as she lost power steering and power braking. We ended up paying the service station to install a new battery holder and for the diagnostics.
Ordered and paid the price of a new battery, they delivered A USED ONE and passed it as a new one. Luckily my car was in my garage so I declined the battery.
Absolutely, 100% full of B.S. We have never once ever sent out a used battery and only use premium 3 year batteries. So Douglas contact customer service but you are wrong. Very wrong. In fact, libel and defamation wrong.
Absolutely, 100% full of B.S. We have never once ever sent out a used battery and only use premium brand new 3 year batteries.
I know I needed the battery during a time when there were a lot of calls. I called Monday morning and received my battery Wednesday afternoon. I understand there were a number of calls. What upset me was lack of communication. I was told I was fifth on the list when I contacted customer service on Monday. At five PM I had received no update so contacted cs again. I was told it would be fist thing Tuesday. St about 11 called CS again. I was told I am now 7th on list. At midnight I get a call that the installer is in my driveway!! Then he had the wrong size battery. Promised to be back in the morning. I had a critical health appointment at noon. At 10:30 no word on the battery. I scrambled to get alternative transportation. He finally came around 3 PM. None of this would have bothered me if there had been reliable communication. I know this was a challenging time.
I spent 275 dollars to get a battery replaced. Car didn’t work the next day. Towed it to shop and they told me the battery was incorrectly installed and fried my car’s computer system.
I purchased a battery several months ago and made a customer complaint which I received no customer resolution. Now they send me a review.
The technician arrived after more than 4.5 hours instead of the promised 2 hours. He installed a different, much cheaper, battery and, incredibly, did not even secure it so that it was sliding around. He also installed the battery jacket after connecting the terminals, instead of the other way around, so that it was loose also. Incompetent or lazy or both. He also did not wear a mask. Now I have to waste more of my time dealing with this. Horrible nightmare!
Order and paid for an Exide battery, tech ( ? ) showed up with a Continental Plus ! Installed ,but could never reset computer to register new battery in a 2009 BMW 328i. Long story short ,never did get a new battery , BUT on my charge card they billed me for $83 for a jump start ?Would not recommend using this service . Talked to a JACOB in customer service ,NO HELP ! Asked to talk to his supervisor , Richard was to call me back --- 7 days later still waiting ?
I purchase a battery online I waited for the man to show he never showed I called him up and asked him where he was and he said oh we don't have your battery I have a BMW X5. Nobody called the customer to inform them they did not have the battery so it got really late and I finally called up and they told me they didn't have the battery I bought a battery of Chief auto parts so less money
Terrible service.
I’m still waiting for my car to be fixed bc battery wasn’t installed correctly. This is ridiculous.
Not good. I was quoted the auto battery for my BMW - M3 & paid over the phone. I received a call a few hours later telling me the battery would cost more, much more. THAT IS NOT THE WAY TO DO BUSINESS !!. You quote & collect payment & then call me later it would cost more THAT IS Outrageous. I thought that callback was telling me the tech would be here in 30mins to install my PAID FOR brand new battery.
1-800-Battery is rated 4.59 based on 705 reviews