1-800-Battery Reviews

of reviewers recommend 1-800-Battery
Read 1-800-Battery Reviews

About 1-800-Battery:

1-800-Battery is the largest Battery Marketplace in North America. We have over 100,000 location, 10,000 products, 1000's of installers, all at the best prices and most service options available.

Tell us how 1-800-Battery made you happy
This company does not replace your battery, they are forwarding your request to the local techs who do a great job at half their price. Charging $25.00 for mileage was a surprise and charging $100.00 more for the battery than the local tech is dishonest at a minimum.
Posted 1 hour ago
I was given an eta of 10 am. It is now 1:30 pm and the tech is still a no show. I have been given a new eta of 3 pm. This company is extremely dishonest and unprofessional.
C.R. Huntington, NY This is a 'hit' or 'miss' operation judging from the reviews . . . if they are legitimate. My car would not start at my residence. I found 1-800-Battery on web. They advertised they serviced a stalled car at any location. I called on 12/6, spoke to CHRIS, and paid 'up front' for battery (which was a mistake). Installer was available (outside contractor - 'TOP LOCK') and he did a good installation (I think) as I really don't know what model Exide battery (crank capacity, warantee time) was installed. I was led to believe by CHRIS at 1-800-Battery that I purchased a 'new' battery, but I now believe I was given a 'refurbished' battery, which shouldn't have cost so much. This is obviously why CHRIS (who processed my order) refuses to email me the warranty and specs he promised. These idiots refuse to speak to you when you call. The phone keeps ringing or goes dead. However, Jason finally took my call when he thought I was a 'new' customer, but refused to connect me with 'CHRIS' and hung up on me twice!! (I finally managed to receive an email confirmation of the P.O. - 12/7 - MINUS the info I was looking for). In frustration, I did further research on web and found a page where 'they' (1-800-Battery) advertised a SX65 Exide battery for $224.99. This included installation. Does this mean I paid $224.99 for the battery . . . the battery they refuse to define (new or refurbished, crank capacity, or warantee time)? 'They' - (Chris, Jason, Tim) have jerked with me for two days, avoiding my calls and refusing to send me the promised specs on the battery I purchased. 1-800-Battery (Greenlawn location) and their outside contractors are con-artists. I intend to look under my hood to check what battery was actually installed. I will then escalate this matter further and report their ignorant and evasive tactics to the proper authorities. I should have 'checked them out' before doing any business with them. I do not recommend their services.
False advertising.
Not a positive experience.
This company should be out of business. They required my credit card before they would come to my house. They showed up at my house with out the tools to remove my battery. After 30 minutes they did not charge my batter or replace my battery. I was charged $272.41. I contested the bill on my credit card. The company told my credit card they completed the task. They had gps recordings to show they came to my house but they have nothing that shows the task was completed. They do not even explain what the task was they completed. I had to hire another company to replace the battery. DO NOT GIVE THEM A CREDIT CARD UNTIL THE JOB IS COMPLETE. Your card will be charged before the arrive. I am filing a complaint with the attorney general. 12/3/2021
Seriously, you ordered a Motor Home Battery which was self diagnosed and incorrect fit. When we came out to solve it wasn't a tool problem it was your problem. We tried to solve it but you continued down the same path as this invalid review. You are banned from further service requests based on your behaviors.
I'm not happy at all it took the tech ten hours to come and install my battery, a very big inconvenience
Very rude service
CROOKS. They ended up overcharging and we're supposed to refund $130- still waiting for the refund and then customer service is a joke. You can't call just email and the person I get just doesn't feel like doing their job I guess.
Whatever you do make sure you know how to contact this company to cancel your order. I waited for 7 hours for someone to show up with a replacement battery. At first customer service stated my wait time would be 2 hours. I waited. No show. I called back again, this time they stated they were receiving a high call volume and someone should be out in 1 and 1/2 hours. No show again. I called again I was placed on hold for 1 hour, when it got to my number the phone disconnected. I went online to try to reach the company through chat. I was informed that I was #1 in the que and someone would be available in 2 minutes. No response. Finally contacted my credit card company to make sure they did not take $249. 00. It was still pending so I have to wait. This is way more work than I anticipated. There are crooks everywhere nowadays.
The technician did his job in an efficient way when he finally showed up, but showing up 12:30pm for a 9am appointment just does not cut it. So, unless you do not mind waiting the whole day, with no updates whatsoever from 1800-battery, I recommend taking your business somewhere else. After reading a few more reviews here I see that this was far from a one-of, so I will definitively not be using them again.
Unbelievably unprofessional. After 4.5 hrs waiting, i get a text from the tech that they can't fulfill the request to replace my battery. I could've uber to a parts store but i instead believed in this service, now thinking how I'm going to get to work in the morning.
Did more damge than helped with my car battery
If I could give a zero or below I would. 1. It took me two hours to process my order on line … supposedly due to server issues. 2. After finally processing my order around 1:00PM and a promise of a two hour delivery or less, the technician never arrived causing me to lose an afternoon of work waiting for him. The appointment was reset for the following morning by Jason at 1-800 Battery for him to arrive between between 8:30 and 9:00 AM. ONCE AGAIN THE SAME TECHNICIAN ARRIVED AT 11:30 AM causing me to miss morning appointments. 3. The technician arrives in an old broken down vehicle. He immediately asks me for my tools so he could open up the battery casing in the car. So he not only shows up late on the second day to service my vehicle but doesn’t have the necessary tools to perform the job. AND HE WANTS TO USE MY TOOLS. Unfortunately my son took them for use on his car several days earlier so I was unable to provide him the tools for a job he should have had with him in the first place. So since he couldn’t complete the task he returned to his place of work. 4. I immediately sent an email to Jason stating the details as outlined above and asked him to remove the several hundred dollars they charged me. 5. Today I called Jason again noticing that a new charge had been made to my account for $159 supposedly to cover the Techs travel and time. This was an exorbitant amount of money because the original invoice only showed an $8 charge for his travel. 6. I told Jason to credit my account for all monies charged me. He only committed to chatting with the technician and nothing more. This company is a farce … very unprofessional to say the least. My recommendation would be take it to the dealer. I was just trying to save a few bucks. Their advertising is very enticing. Stay away from this outfit. Remember you get what you pay for … and without any product being delivered.
Absolute disaster in all aspects of customer service and communication and I was totally ripped off in the end as well. On Monday 11/15 at 8:30 AM, I called in with a dead battery and was told that I would have service within a 3-hour window. The 3-hour window passed, and I never even received an email or text or anything letting me know the status. So, after another hour of waiting, I called and was told by the person representing you that they would investigate it, and they would communicate back ASAP as to why I was getting no response from anyone. Two hours after that, which is now 6 hours after my call, I called again since nobody had the decency to call me back and the person I spoke to said that the tech would be there in 20 minutes, but 30 minutes after that I got a call from the tech saying he was on his way and would be there in another 40 minutes, which is basically almost 8 hours after my initial call. The tech finally showed up and at that time he tested the battery and said that he thought the battery tested fine and did not need replacing. He stated that the battery just needed a full charge and if it stayed on the charger and got a full charge it would be fine. He said I should leave it on the charger for 18-24 hours, and I did just that and charged it for 20 hours before using it. Now today in the afternoon when I finally went to use it, the vehicle did start, but after driving just a couple miles from home to a store, it would not start again and was dead. I called your company, and I was told that the system was down and that someone would call me back shortly, which once again never happen. So, I was totally ignored a second day. What is even worse, is that the tech told me that since I didn't need the battery, I shouldn't take it as I would be charged for it and really didn't need it. He told me I had nothing to lose to wait a day and see if the battery would be fine after charging for 20 hours. But he lied to me as I was still charged $99.00 for a jump start that I really did not need as I had cables and had another vehicle there to jump it myself. If he told me that I would be charged for half the d=cost of the new battery for absolutely doing nothing, I would have 100% taken the new battery. So, I was totally ripped off and will be reporting this company to the better business bureau for so many reasons. and since they just abandoned me again today stating that the system was down, I ended up calling a local garage after I had to call my wife to come out and jump start me, and when I got to the local garage, they tested the battery on a battery tester and it failed and said battery not good. I can send you a copy of this battery test if you want, but this entire process with this company has been a joke and you literally stole my money. So now I had to pay someone else for a brand-new battery the next day because your useless company failed on so many levels. I would like to get my money back and compensation for two lost days of my life or I will be calling the better business bureau and posting some of the most vivid complaints on social media as I am absolutely horrified with how you treated me wasting two days of my life and also how you stole my money for no service. Whatever you are using to test batteries is also garbage, so you should investigate that to avoid others having the same issue. I would not call this company for service again if my life depended on it and I would never recommend, and I will be filing complaints. Please let me know what you can do for me to make me whole after this embarrassment of a situation. I cannot give a single star below for customer service as my experience was ZERO!
The person who came was very impatient. He did not put the battery lids back together and was leaving with the car being started. He also took my battery with him without asking me. That battery was under warranty and we could have been compensated for that.
Customer service was horrible. I had no contact for several hours and tried multiple methods to get in contact with them. Ultimately I had to go somewhere else for service, and I still ended up paying 1800battery for nothing.
Ordered a battery here online. It's pricey but I figured it was worth it. So the tech shows up with a battery I did not buy and was not even on the website. So I ask him and he says we don't even have those batteries I have no idea why they are on the site. So this is unacceptable. I bought one battery and they show up with something else. Bait and switch scheme.
**CONSUMER WARNING** This company promises ease of doing online business but fails to deliver. Emergency calls for on-site battery installation cannot be fulfilled between dispatch and their independent technical road crew. Avoid your headache. Check reviews.DO NOT ENGAGE their poor service.
11.04.21 I ordered battery for my car.The delivery should have been at 1.30 pm.At 3 pm I connected with support agent and he promised that delivery will be in hour.Next time I connected with other support agent at 5 pm and he also promised that delivery will be in hour…. I still didn’t get my order!!!!! It is terrible service!
1-800-Battery is rated 4.53 based on 1,241 reviews