1-800-Battery Reviews

of reviewers recommend 1-800-Battery
Read 1-800-Battery Reviews

About 1-800-Battery:

1-800-Battery is the largest Battery Marketplace in North America. We have over 100,000 location, 10,000 products, 1000's of installers, all at the best prices and most service options available.

Tell us how 1-800-Battery made you happy
The communication from 1-800-Battery is very poor. I made an appointment for 9am the next day and that time came and went with no update from the tech or your company. I reached out to support and they couldn't provide an answer so they said they'd get back to me. They didn't. I chatted again and another tech said I was good to go. I had to explain that I was still waiting and it was now almost 2 hours past my appointment time. Only then did he look into it, but still no answer. Finally on my 3rd message to y'all about 3 hours after my appointment time the support agent was able to get in touch with the tech and he arrived at my house 4.5 hours after my appointment time. Once he got here everything was great but you should be more proactive in your communication to customers. I shouldn't have had to initiate follow-up to find out what was going on with my order.
Your website has a problem it did not recognize submit command but returned with an error signal. I had no way of knowing that the order had been accepted.
If anyone should ask me for a recommendation on your performance I would advise them to shoot you on site. Except for the mechanic that put the new battery in my car the rest of the experience Unforgettable in a negative way. I don’t mind bad news but I do hate surprises. And all your service did surprised me.
Had a terrible time getting someone to actually show up when they promised. Cost me an entire day because they were 5 hours late. Once the guy actually got here, he wasn't even a 1-800-Battery employee....worked for someone called "Pop-A-Lock." The guy, once he finally did get here, was actually pretty good and got the job done in a timely fashion. What happened to the days when someone actually delivered on what they said they'd do, when they said they'd do it?
An hour and forty five minutes late with no explanation or apology. The guy who showed up looked like ODB rose from the dead.
I definitely feel like I was misled. I asked for a quote on "chat" and was told that my card would not be charged there would only be a hold on it and once the technician had replace the battery my card would be charged. When the technician got here I asked him for a less expensive battery. I had spoken to the Volkswagen dealership earlier and was told for my make and model of Jetta that any battery that size would work and that the computer did not have to be reset. However when the technician got here and I asked him about all of that he said no he could not do that that my card had already been charged and I had already paid for a $265 battery. In the future I will not use these services again I will purchase my battery from auto pro and hire someone to put it in and I'm sure I can save myself at least $100. I think your company is shady.
The install was late by an hour and the battery did not fit my car. The technician had to install one of his own batteries because 1-800battery sent an incorrectly sized battery (the tech had said at the store that the battery would not fit).
A tech was sent out to my house at 7:30PM. He did not have the proper tools. He did not know what he was doing. He was very nice but I had to help him and get out my own tools just to get him out of the after 10:00 PM. He tried hard but it was a fail. Total joke of a service. I would never use this service again. He stripped a bolt so one of the batteries was never replaced. Then I was charged for both batteries bad had to contact them to get one removed from the bill.
Technician installed battery with no problem. However, I have yet to receive warranty from 1 800 Battery.
It was Sunday and I had a dead battery and was at the office. I was in direct need of a replacement, After googling found this company and thought let's try it. I ordered a battery online to fit my car for 250. Got called back and because the auto has a start-stop the price was 450 because of a different battery. Normally I would check this but I was in need of quick service. After googling the battery afterward it was only a bit more expensive than told. This is not right. Also when the mechanic came, very friendly guy, he clearly never had changed a battery in a Ford Escape. I even told him how to do it and eventually helped him to make sure he got home in time. It took him almost 3 hours..... I felt so sorry for him :-). I think next time I just call a friend to get me the battery and get it done for 150 dollars and within 30 minutes. Was a nice try but never again.
I was overcharged for the service provided and it’s been 3 weeks from calling to correct charge and nothing has been done.
Service man was great and went above and beyond (he even ran to Home Depot to get the proper tool to remove my battery), the new battery ended up being bad and died the next day, I got stuck but was near an auto parts store. Called 1-800-battery to see if I could get even a partial refund for the bad battery, they said the billing department would get back to me and never did, not even to say I could not receive a partial refund.
I scheduled an appointment and then had to change the time (notified them the day before). Tech never received the message and came at the original time, which messed up my day since the vehicle and I were in two different locations. I was also very clear that I needed the odometer reading listed on the receipt/email receipt, and that never happened. I've called and emailed and never received anything I can use to show Motor Vehicles the correct odometer reading. The tech, Sheldon, was great, but the rest was a mess.
New battery installed July 1. Did not drive it until attempting to today, July 7, I can't even unlock the doors. Everything is dead. Car started when installed, serviceman tested alternator, said it was ok. I am now on hold with 1800Battery. Wait time....less than one minute (recording keeps saying that), I've been holding 5 minutes, and still no representative. Order ID # 7430. I have now been on hold for 15 minutes....recording still says estimated wait time is one minute. I am next in que..... I NEED someone to contact me!!!
Hi Kitti, I know that customer service is waiting until normal daylight hours to call you. This is important a new battery is never fully charged if you don't run the car for awhile the battery will be depleted. It's important to drive the car for a little bit after install. A week would be a long time. Customer Service will be able to help with a jumpstart if needed.
A $307.00 battery was outrageous. We were taken advantage of by the Chevrolet GM truck driver who was sent on the call at 11 pm at night when we had a patrol truck that needed to stay running throughout the night.
You purchased a premium 4 yr AGM Battery. You actually got the best value as per dollar you will get usually 5-7 years on an AGM and fully covered for any manufacturer issues for 4 years. What you may or may not realize with the options in your vehicle a CHEAPER battery was not available. Many new cars require an AGM battery do to the electrical loads on the vehicle.
Delivery was prompt and installer was courteous. I was disturbed to find out that I had paid an additional $25 for extra distance delivery because the repairman told me he was pleased because the delivery distance was so short. In addition to that he did not prepare and grease the battery terminals on installation. He told me he did not have the necessary grease to do this. As you are aware this is a normal procedure when installing a battery. Anyone installing a battery should use portable voltage source to maintain voltage on the car's computer so that it's memory is not lost. He did not do that and I had to reset all my radio channels and my windows.
the person who was sent out to install the battery, he used power tools to removed bolts to the hold down the battery bracket, with that being said it strip out the nut part of it . and after that happen all what it was for him was a head scratcher. I was out there with him and i had to get my own tools to remove the bracket. around 3 hours later it was installed.
The delivery and installation was perfect. Great guy. Very nice and polite. Installed quickly. Nothing bad to say about him. Not happy about the price change. Placed order Saturday and it was 275.00. Went to the site on Sunday and same battery plus install was 250. I don’t know why there is such a big difference from one day to the next for the same battery and service.
4 hour wait, also never received my $50 credit when they had to get a different battery
I am not happy with this company and after they get my battery changed (Hopefully today at sometime) I will probably never use them again. I make an appointment on Sunday March 14 2021 to get my battery replace early in the day and gave them enough lead time to get her of almost two hour so what do they end up doing, they canceled the appointment 5 minutes before they where to get here. They couldn't cancel earlier they had to wait until 5 minutes before. Then they cancel the next day because they said they had no power. What that had to do with changing the battery at my house I don't know. Anyway they are to be here today with is the third day so we will wait and see. NOT HAPPY AT ALL!
1-800-Battery is rated 4.53 based on 1,241 reviews