Europcar Reviews

42% of reviewers recommend Europcar
01AM
1AM

Tell us how Europcar made you happy

"Booked a rental car to drive from San Francisco to Los Angeles with Europcar. When I flew into SF I discovered that they have outsourced to Advantage. Their depot was miles from the airport, the vehicle had not been valeted properly and there was even someone else's huge Coke in the cup holder. The staff were rude and bullying. I witnessed them badgering everyone, including us, into paying for their breakdown cover on top of the rental which was supposed to cover everything. They told us that if we didn't take it and the car broke down 400 miles from our destination then we would have to pay the full towage to the destination. Not happy. It is their vehicle and I am not responsible for maintaining the car. They didn't give us a map of where to hand in the vehicle and that turned out to be miles from the airport with rude and offhand staff again. I complained through the "Resolver" website but all I keep getting is more adverts from Europcar to rent again. I will never use this company ever again and strongly advise everyone else to read all the bad reviews concerning the way they treat customers all over the world. Unfortunately I didn't look before booking because if I had I never would have booked with this firm."
Are you Europcar? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Scammed into a cheap deal though easycar as an agent. I was told on collection it had no insurance and I need to pay in excess of 400 GBP when the original rental was just 320 USD. It did in-fact have some basic insurance so the info was false. No joy from any complaints made. I will never use this company again."
"Europcar (Gatwick) didn't have our details of booking. After finding, have us wrong vehicle (manual). Advised correct vehicle not available despite confirmed booking. Unable to offer like for like. Had to spend £250 on hotel for myself, partner 2 x infants and brother. Confirmed over the phone next morning that vehicle was available. Again, no information on their system when I attended. Wrong vehicle offered. Suddenly correct vehicle became available. Increased price. Paid just to get out of there. Returned vehicle, attempted to charge the deposit £250. Found out later that original booking payment was taken (pending) as well as our correct payment. Unable to access £650 of funds for the final 5 days of our holiday. Still unable to access these funds a week after returning home. Has not responded to emails since we left the UK. Horrible experience and currently out of pocket £900 until pending payment clears (excluded bank charges)."
"Bad experience when arriving at CDG Paris airport. Told us we hadn't paid for the car and were rude so had to spend 2 hours messing around calling back to UK to sort. Arrived home and took money off our deposit for various thing including an extra day rental as they claimed we didn't drop the car back till 17.35 that evening despite our slight being 12.25 earlier that day. Called to raised a complaint and took a week to finally found any booking and another few weeks to start getting money back. Terrible experience"
"The car had 30k plus on the clock. Clutch and gearbox needed worked on. Odd sound from engine. Drove it to our destination and left there until our return. Did not excursions. Recommended for 5 people one large suitcase and 4 small. Definitely not large enough. Very uncomfortable in rear."
"Booking was easy online. Upgraded to a larger vehicle on pick up FOC. Pick up was easy, staff friendly and helpful. Vehicle was presented in very good state."
"the service was really good. the staff was really friendly and helpful, although there was a telephone ringing all the time. They put a lot of effort in trying to explain me the different insurances and help me to decide what to do. And this did not end up being the most expensive insurance."
"Most appalling customer service experience ever, took money, no vehicles available, company cancelled booking didn't tell me and had to wait 24hrs to get money back. Branch full of rude staff, who attitude of well its not their problem and manager who wont speak to customer probably topped it all by saying doesn't know what the telephone number is for their Head Office."
"excellent service at all times and fantastic deals"
"Europcar charged me for damage that I did not do- there was a 2cm area of peeled paint on the front bumper that I was charged more than £350 for. They also billed my credit card for an additional £180 for extras such as car seat hire, wheel and tyre damage cover etc. None of this was agreed to at the time I hired the car but in the end it was my word against theirs and they won."
"Excellent service. This was a car hire for my car that was in repair. Pick up good and very nice car. Very polite."
"Good availability, not the cheapest but staff friendly and vehicles ok."
Europcar is rated 2.58 based on 12 reviews