Admiral Reviews

of reviewers recommend Admiral

Tell us how Admiral made you happy
Good insurance company ,great staff, in particular Lewis. He helped me tremendously today, very knowledgeable and friendly. Got better insurance for a lot less.
The renewal price is so much higher than if u spend 3 minutes looking on confused, they pray on people just renewing without checking.. very disappointing how they get away with it
Excellent customer service A****
I will recommend to people that needs insurance to go admiral
you can see admiral insurance company review here

& PLEASE REMOVE THE NUMBER 4 FROM THE URL
copy and paste it in your browser
Thay have very good customer service and communication.
Had a policy for a short time paid annual premium but cancelled after 6 weeks as I bought a brand newer truck and part exchanged the one I insured with Admiral, had to pay a massive £50 admin fee and received a part refund. It turned out it was cheaper to completely re-insure for a complete year with another insurer and take the admin fee hit than to transfer my new truck to my existing policy with Admiral, they dropped the ball on that big time poor show!
Very bad company. Low service. I had very bad experience with them 3 times in one policy.

1 : I added another car to my policy and I paid for a year . I sold the old car and when I asked to refund the rest of they year which was more than 7 months . They refunded only £50 it should be more than £250. When I asked why I did it get the rest of the money they replied with a lot of lying that you was on Ofer bla bla . And now you will not be on the offer and a lot of shot came out of their mouth . I did not even know or agreed to any of what they talking about . It’s just stealing the money.

2 : I had a claim not my fault. And was easy not taking long time to fix . Any way they took my car after like 3 weeks. And they replaced my car with another one very very very bad. Like it locked me inside many times I could not get out . And some times I cannot lock it at night when I leave it in the street so it’s easy to be stolen. I talk to them and I said what is the car stolen who’s fault is it cause I reported this case to you . The Customerservice said will be your responsibility if the car stolen. That made me mad .

3: I decided when my policy be finished wonky renew with them . My no claim bonus should be 3 years . The surprise that they gave Ymir to me only 1 year NCB :) . They have it separate 2 years on the car which I sold and one year on the new one . But legally will show the last car I have which is one year . And no other insurance companies will accept that. I fighted with them a lot till they sent me the right one. As my new insurance company asked for it .

Please donot insure with them . Better to go with small companies as they care more to build up their reputation.

I have a very basic contents insurance policy with Admiral. In all the 10 years I've rented property, I have never had to make a contents claim but had a policy every year. This year (2020, the year that can so kindly disappear into the abyss never to be seen again), the building I rent was struck by lightning emitting a power surge through the ariel and frying my electrical goods.

I reported it to Admiral the next day. It took them 17 days to create the claim with only one correspondence email in this time.

Collection for the electricals to be assessed was arranged via third party. The earliest they could come was in four days. On the day, they called me to say they weren't coming because the engineer had broken down. I was not given a new date, just told to wait for a call.

I have now been without a television and other devices for 23 days and counting. I have had to rearrange my working days only for the engineer to not turn up.

I have provided feedback to Admiral and yet to receive a response.
Poor customer service

Takes 1 hour to answer telephone

Regret having multi car policy with them
After an accident on the 10th June 2019 I submitted my dashcam footage to Admiral the third party in question tried to instigate a road rage situation that resulted in deliberately trying to cause an accident by swerving into my lane And deliberately slamming on his brakes this did not cause the accident And me vechicle skidding to a holt next to his the accident in question but 1 min after this When still in a state of shock I decided to pull my vehicle over to the side of the road in front of his vehicle prior to commencing the man over I in formed him of my intentions, while attempting to pull across he moved his vehicle forward and hit my vehicle. Even though I had fall dashcam footage of the whole time time line And the third party was making a false claim and falsifying witnesses Admiral laid the full blame on myself then referred the accident to their underwriters who not only deemed me responsible also accused Me of driving aggressive and deliberately putting my vehicle in danger and cancelled my insurance under their section 3 And they will be recovering cost totalling more £8000 from myself even though I informed them my wife was suffering from Breast cancer they did not care and informed her will be in touch with final bill After lodging a formal complaint and spending over 3 hours on the phone taking them through the footage second by second they unsurprisingly found in favour of their underwriter. We have now referred the whole incident to Ombudsman and are currently still fighting them over a year later. I strongly believe their decision to cancel my insurance was down to the fact we made 3 claims our joint policy within a year and Admiral wanted me off their books and used my dashcam . So do not send your dashcam footage to Admiral as the first thing they use it for
I have 3 instalments left to pay on a car policy which in total came to £44, I had to scrap the car so tried to cancel the policy and was told the cancellation fee would be £49.
Surely it should never be the case that a cancellation fee exceeds the remaining balance. Unbelievable.
Waiting 18months for my excess refund.
Non existent customer service and terrible experience ! Avoid.
Worst ever. Easy to set up but impossible to get in contact with after that. No phone no on the site and even if you call average waiting time one hour!!! Every time you call it is expected you to pay £25. But make changes on the site is most of the times impossible so you have to call them.
I was in a difficult situation after having my driving licence revoked last year. My current insurer's were so embarrassed by how high my quote was they simy refused to offer it to me and I was left having to change companies.
Unable to successfully sign up on line I braved the waiting time and called admiral up. The guy I spoke to, Connor, could not have been more helpful. Every step of the way he made sure I was confident in what he was saying and he took the time to confirm information with his higher ups consistently. When we needed to get things cleared through the system he offered me a call back and he was prompt to do so and make sure I was satisfied with the process.

Even when it came down to agreeing to the policy and signing up he ensured me there was no pressure to do so and I was entirely within my rights to look elsewhere for a better deal, despite this process having taken 4 days and 3 phone calls at this point.

When I finally called to accept the quote, I spoke with a girl, Lisa, who went even further to help me out and I couldn't feel more confident that at least these people have hearts and soles and are not the steriotype we associate with insurance providers.
They treated me with kindness and were very clear and helpful in their service, never stopping twice to double Check information and make sure they were getting me the best possible deal. Admiral were my first insurer's and I couldn't fault them then. I'm very glad I can return to them.
Terrible!! Easy to set up yes but even if you have the slightest little problem they are a nightmare to get in contact with. Currently been wait 1:10:00 minutes to cancel my policy! I would not recommend
Great price on multi car cover even on a renewal. Thanks.
Easy to purchase and good price
Brilliant service really easy quick set up and brilliant cover for the price
Very easy to sort out my van insurance,
and a great price for the year.
Admiral is rated 2.88 based on 1,137 reviews