Admiral Reviews

of reviewers recommend Admiral

Tell us how Admiral made you happy
Very easy to sort out my van insurance,
and a great price for the year.
Very dissapointed with them i've been with admiral,
4 years ago i got a quotte for myself i was new driver first year and was around £3500 p/year,and for 3 years follow i was named driver and my ex partner was the policy holder and now i've split up with my exnpartner i tried to get a quote for myself as policy holder and all i get is over £7000 p/year quote from them,
And they say you can get a little discount if you are a named driver with admiral,
Very very dissapointed with them,
I am a key worker and have been working extremely long hours of late. I Opened my car door and a cyclist 🚴‍♂️ went into my car door, this caused them injury and me great distress. Admiral have been amazing eleviating all my anxieties knowing they were there to help me! As a thankyou they have also covered my excess for me being a key worker! Thankyou Admiral 🌟
Quick to set up. Nice friendly staff. Competitive for young drivers
Avoid this broker !!! I took a Home Insurance with them. When I filled in my partner details I typed Coffee Merchant but the website auto-fill change it to Commodity Dealer. I called them, no answer. I filled a complaint online and they reply after 2 days saying that they will charge me £19.50 for the ,,update''. So I decided to take a new policy with a different broker, filled a complaint to Financial Ombudsman Service regarding this matter.
Very fast and good.
Admiral increased my home and contents insurance because I ENQUIRED about making a claim the previous year. I did not go ahead with the claim, but they penalised me for enquiring about it, saying it is counted as INTENT TO CLAIM !!!!

When I asked to cancel they said it would cost £25 even though I had only had the new policy for 20 minutes!

AVOID!!!
Great insurer, really professional and helpful
I am happy with the service provided for my car insurance. The documents were provided quickly and I like the UX on the website.
Got good cover for my first year driving, had a hard time finding affordable insurance but best deal i could find with them
Very disappointed after being a customer of Admiral for many years with no claims that they were unable to provide a competative renewal price this year.
Admirals price doubled when an online quote for building & contents insurance got refused & I rang up to ask the reason why.
They told me it was because I had made an enquire this year about claiming for storm damage repairs from my then insurer who I had been with for the last six years.
The claim NEVER processed as the repair cost was not worth pursuing bearing in mind the policy excess.
All what was recorded was that I had made an enquire about making a claim for storm damage.
However Admiral chose ignore the FACT that NO claim was ever paid from the company I had the policy with, but still choose to double the price from their online quote.
They refused to contact my previous insurer to ask if ANY claims had been made by me for the entire six years I had insurance with them.
If they had bothered they would have been told that there had NEVER been ANY claims paid to me by them in the last six years.
So before purchasing any policy from Admiral, ask yourself the question do you want to put to the test (before trying to make a claim) the ethics of a company who choose to believe what they want to believe because it suits them rather than their customers.
Horrible company ... took em 5 months to process a repair during which i had no car although I paid for courtesy car option but they twicked so you don't get one if your car is stolen and recovered ..complained to FCA ... Avoid
Staff missguided me since Feb.end.
That's why cancelled my policy today.
Also loose near about £500.00.
I suggest others to make sure with 2 or more staff members before taking any decision,they deserve a big ZERO.
Had minor accident whilst driving less than 5mph, admiral say car is a total loss due to cost of fixing, they didn’t even call to explain this to me just sent an email stating a salvage yard would be coming to collect car and to clear my belongings from the car.......
My insurance is now cancelled with immediate affect unless can get fixed myself or an MOT. I now have no way of getting to work tomorrow and I’m an essential worker. Had to scrabble around to find a garage to collect my now uninsured car to repair and do MOT at short notice so I have a way of getting to work. Car is drivable with minor damage, terrible way to treat a customer anyway but especially in these difficult times.
Claimed with Admiral when I was hit by another driver. The other driver was insured with Admiral as well and Admiral dealt with the incident very quickly. Courtesy car, my car was picked up and even provided the courtesy car from a rental place because the garage didn't have any car available. Very much recommend.
My elderly mother's carer saw drops of water coming through the kitchen ceiling from the bathroom. I called Admiral Home Emergency for help. I think it was Haman Ì spoke to who dealt with me very professionally and organised help from PMR and that a plumber would be out before 11pm. Simon duly arrived just after 9pm masked and gloved, assessed the problem but would need to revisit today after he had got the part. He did what he said and I had a follow up call from Erin to check all was well. Excellent service in a Saturday evening in the middle of the Covid 19 pandemic. Outstanding service, thank you.
Premium paid on 14th of May £640.00
Renewal quote on 24th of April £1715.00

Same multi-car policy, same drivers, same location, same mileage. Absolute rip-off. Avoid-Avoid-Avoid
Very good 5*****
Really organized company and very good customer service, but they provide really expensive insurance. When i was looking for perfect home , i made insurance for me and my girlfriend, when we changed our address, they charged us with 400£ . I think that , this company is worst insurance company . At the same time my other car , which is big GT coupe , i was using Hastings Direct , and the address was changed as well . They gave me 127£ discount. That happen in the same time , so i think that the Admiral have unacceptable services. So in my opinion even if they are giving you cheaper price, pick something else.
Admiral is rated 2.89 based on 1,138 reviews