General Accident Reviews

of reviewers recommend General Accident

Tell us how General Accident made you happy
You are a disgrace of a company my car blew up and i had to pay you 56 pounds to cancel policy on top of all that the expenses i incurred.and to top it off you haven't even got a helpline.
Been a new customer less than a month, oh yes very helpful when selling you a policy, dreadful when you need to make a claim. We had a small chip on our windscreen, Told their preferred company was National windscreens and they would call us first thing next day, they DIDNT. We have had to call them every time, No one calls back, it’s been two weeks now, car still not fixed, no idea when it will be!!
Steer well clear of GA, absolute rubbish customer service!
They say anything to get your business. Take your money. Then tell you it not as thought. Crooks on the end of the phone saying anything to get your money AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
Same story as many others came to change our car and the online service would accept the change of vehicle. Sent email query but no response, we have had to pay to cancel the policy and take out new insurance with a business we can talk to !
I would definitely avoid this insurer especially if you think you might change your car mid insurance period.
Wanted to change my insurance too a new vehicle,kept telling me that I couldn't be insured,gave a list of possible reasons none was applicable to me.
Tried to contact them by email,got a reply after their stated 24 hour response time,asking all the questions I had already answered.I answered all the questions again in my reply email,as yet 48 hours have elapsed since and I have heard nothing.
Now gone with a different company as I pick the car up tomorrow!!
Completely none existent customer service!!
So far I've had a good experience with general accident, was covered from the moment I clicked pay with great communication although I changed my car fairly soon after setting the policy up which was supposed to be cheaper, they then sent hpc to fit me a box instead of having another plug in device because "this is what they prefer for young drivers" but at a cost to yourself even if your new car is compatible with a plug in which I will be on the phone to them over!
For some reason they cancelled my policy after having less than a month left. The black box has been faulty for me all year and has lead to this, I have cancelled my own policy before their 7 day notice which means they haven’t cancelled it. Don’t go with them as they will try to scam you and try take what they can.
Absolutely awful. Got an email after 6 months of driving, saying that over that period, I was speeding on the same 30mph road 3 times. The black box is faulty, and doesn’t know what the bloody speed limit is. I’m a great and safe driver and I use my cruise control to make sure I don’t speed. It’s ridiculous now I have to pay £6000 a year through a different provider for the negligence. Don’t have a human answering the phone, all automated. Save yourself the time, money and hassle and don’t be a cheap skate. Can’t believe they’re still up and running after reading what other people have had to say👎
Do not use. Cannot get hold of anyone to answer a question regarding change to policy for new car. All automated and cannot get a quick response even by e-mail, if at all! Will be seeking alternative insurance provider.
AVOID AVOID AVOID

I wish I could give 0 stars. Terrible experience with these.

We had to make a claim when someone caused us to hit them when braking unnecessarily. There were two young males in the car. The damage was minimal and I have evidence of this. However the car was further damaged which resulted in their car being written off. I have photographic evidence from the science and of them driving off in the car that shows non of the damage that caused the car to be written off. However no one handling the claim noticed this and that the damage wasn't consistent with the damage our car would have been able to do. The other party claimed it was a family in the car and they all had injuries. I have pictures the show you can only see two passengers in the car and never saw anyone else in the car. I also disputed the driver who was claiming was the correct person as the age of the driver didn't match my description. Despite sending numerous letters to their solicitors and asking if we would testify in court (which we would liked to have done) they also paid out for personal injury of the driver.

I had to do all the chasing of the claim (which took over 2 years) and they went months and months between doing any work on the case. My childrens car seats full amount wasn't covered as we had hit them. They paid £150 out for 2 seats and the seats were ERF at £380 each to replace.

Honestly pay the slight extra premium and avoid these at all costs.
Very helpful customer service and resolved issue there and then.
Tried all day to get the answer to a question on claiming when I needed it.
Absolute scammers!! Every claim,even if you are in the right, they say has to be 50/50. Told them I disagree and want to go to court. Was told it’s not my choice. (Lies) The assessors are are liars. They a money scamming insurance company stay clear of these people!
Great insurance company with amazing customer service!
Cancelled my insurance on a 2nd strike after 9 months. Broke down in the middle of a motorway there was no number to call!! DO NOT GO WITH THESE you’re better off paying extra and making sure you’re covered properly!
Cheap and easy to follow the steps
Recently bought car insurance. Will update for further details
Avoid this company at all cost . The app & black box they use will not give you any updates or accurate readings. I was actually told on the phone by a general accident employee that they are aware that the equipment general accident use & provided by Vodafone is faulty.I urge everyone who has been accused of speeding by them & their faulty black box to report them to trading standards . They have the lowest rating of any insurance company so far on trust pilot. There seems to be a pattern where they accuse young drivers of speeding. Young drivers who have previously had black boxes from other insurance companies that actually work & have an impeccable driving record. A week with this lot & their faulty useless equipment throws out speeding accusations. They are by far the worst insurance company I have had the misfortune to be ripped off by .
my mrs changed her car carnt get hold of you so had to take out a policy with churchill mine payed last DD by the bank then i cancelled it you say you havent had your money bank says you have youre going cancel my insurance yet youve had all the money going with some else YOU ARE THE WORST COMPANY i have ever been with. ps you owe me 3month insurance money
God awful customer service, threats of cancellation, false speeding alerts through a completely unreliable telematics device, the list really does go on. Do yourself a favour and steer well clear of these absolute buffoons, they are only out to line their pockets and cause undue stress on young drivers such as myself. And the worst of it is, their employees believe there is nothing wrong with the way they treat customers and how they deal with issues.
NEVER NEVER Go with GA.
My Car was a write off in a accident, I had 0 support or contact with the company. When i filed a complaint, i was told by the advisor, he can take the complaint but will not take it further because they don't simply care and don't agree.
Also, for canceling my policy after having no car was £140. when querying this on the phone and email i was ignored.
My app for the black box also- score kept reducing even when I was driving great. I simply do not trust this company. They are cowboys scamming people.
They seem to make money out of nothing with loopholes and dont care. massively disappointing. In a way, im glad i have no car so i dont have to deal with them again
General Accident is rated 3.08 based on 530 reviews