Gen Mobile Reviews

Based on 369 reviews
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Read Gen Mobile Reviews

About Gen Mobile:

Gen Mobile is a U.S. pre-paid wireless service provider that runs on America's largest 5G GSM network. We are dedicated to keeping wireless service affordable without compromising on network, speed, and service quality.

Our plans are designed to fit all budgets and start at $10 per month. Plans $15 and up include free calling to 100+ countries so our customers can stay affordably connected to family and friends around the world.

Gen Mobile was founded by a team with 25 years of combined experience in the wireless industry. We leveraged our expertise to take advantage of the latest technological advances and bring amazingly low prices to our customers.

(833) 528-1380

care@genmobile.com

2215 Artesia Blvd, #1243, ,
Redondo Beach

Tell us how Gen Mobile made you happy
Terrible service! I bought a faulty gen mobile phone.It keeps hanging up on calls.Customer care is inexperienced.My number from previous carrier they did not know how to port it over to gen mobile.Do not become a gen mobile customer or you will regret.Beware!
My phone was stolen and a Gen Mobile agent told me that they don't send replacement phones so I have to buy a whole new phone.
Idk who runs this company but I thank goodness I looked at the reviews first please understand that these awful reviews has caused me to take back my decision to get service with this company there is no way all these reviews are wrong but the old saying says you get what you pay for but just because it's free you shouldn't treat ppl this way and also beware of people in stores trying to offer you free phones because they don't care they get paid for how many people they trick into signing up so yes they will tell you anything to get you to sign up but please be advised that it will cancel your ACP eligibility with any company you are with so if you do decide to go with this company it will affect your ACP eligibility with other companies but nevertheless the reviews were helpful and to see no response to the complaints shows the lack of care and concerns they have for they're customers.
Phone was originally shipped with wrong area code which took hours with customer service to fix. Then the initial set up was done incorrectly so the phone cannot use Wi-Fi calling. More hours with customer service. I finally decided to cancel my service entirely. Do yourself a favor, avoid GenMobile.
On August 2nd, 2022 I encountered a few guys in my local Walmart that offered phone services through Gen Mobile. They offered free phones as well as feature improved phone for an additional fee. I upgraded the phone option and paid the fee to have enhanced quality. After I got home and decided to activate and transfer my current phone number to the new phone service, I contacted the customer service for assistance. The representative attempted to assist me, but when she sent the command to port the number the phone was immediately disconnected and has not begun working again. I have contacted customer service upwards of 30 times since, to no avail. No one has been able to rectify this matter. I have been told several times that the matter has been escalated and sent to the tech department, the supervisor ect. and not once have I received a call back. I would really like have the situation corrected, but I am also willing to just get a refund for the purchase if a solution cannot be met.
Constantly dropping my phone calls and I never have enough to get on the internet
The internet keep going out for me.
Hi Travon, thank you for contacting us regarding your issue. We have messaged you directly and if you need any other assistance please don’t be afraid to reach out.
Y'alllll are just hilarious. And sound like you're ridiculous and super entitled little brats ... you want 5 ☆ service & assistance with your -5☆ bank account LoL 😆 😂 ...it's a freakin FREE phone and service.... whatcha expect here, let's be honest
I signed up for ACP and received a phone with someone else's SIM card I live in NY and they gave me a sim card for Kentucky I have contacted them 4 times since Aug 31 and I still don't have a correct sim card. Not a happy camper here!!
Great Customer Service, I called and they were able to fix my issue within minutes. I was not able to make phone calls or text. It was resolved in minutes. Kudos to the agent that helped me with this. I sincerely do not remember his name.
Thank you for your feedback about our service. We are glad to hear that our customer care team exceeded your expectations. We thank you for choosing Gen Mobile.
In my end very bad service!! Bought a phone a little more than a month ago, only work for 2 days. 3x before they said they can send me a phone. 4x they said they will send me a phone, once I received the phone I will send the other back. Called today very wrong information!! I waited 13 days now they are saying I have to send the phone first!! The worst phone company ever and customer service!!
Funny how the customer service seems to be so happy when you decide to disconnect your phone, LOL
Y'all bad opinions are trash, u guys are dumb!
cant get in contact with nobody. it's say chat room opens at 7 AM and there still not working i called they won't even say my whole number saying it's wrong smh this company is trash...
I had to call these people four times, three to ask them to cancel my service and they did not but kept charging me. I contacted them and a supervisor told me there were not notes in my account and he could/would not refund. He then asked if I wanted to cancel my account. Damn! How many times and people do I need to tell? THEN he asked if I also wanted to cancel my automatic deduction from my bank! I said "That's part of cancelling an account! You charge people if they cancel their account with you but don't ALSO cancel automatic payment." The reason I wanted to cancel was they cut my service about a week and a half after a payment and said it would return within three days. It never did. I cannot say how angry I am at these people. I cannot give them one star to be honest. I disputed through bank and as of this date, have received no refund.
Representatives were in town giving away the "free" phones, also selling a better quality phone for $30.00, I bought the $30.00 phone...Big mistake! After spending a lot of time there (they had multiple problems with getting the phone activated for me as well as trying to take care of quite a few other people that stopped to sign up) After getting home the phone i paid for would not work, I tried several times making "test" calls, phone would not make or receive calls, I drove back to the site where they were and stated i wanted a refund/the phone was not working, first they told me they would not refund my money because i already became a customer, well that made no sense. They said i needed to leave the phone with them and come back in an hour. I returned an hour later and they gave me 2 options; I could either let them keep the phone to bring it for repair, they stated the phone was in fact broken, or offered a refund of my $30.00 and give me one of the "free" phones. I chose the refund of course and agreed to take the "free" phone, they gave me my $30 back and one of the "free" phones, during the process of them activating the phone, I asked them 3 TIMES if this was in any way going to affect my "lifeline" status that I had with my Internet service provider, all 3 times when I asked, both of the ladies stated "No, it would not" After waiting again a long period of time they gave me the phone saying it was all set, all activated and I was then on my way home after 3 trips there! Well this morning I get an email from my Internet service provider stating this......."You’re no longer enrolled in the Affordable Connectivity Program through Spectrum. You may have chosen to end your participation in the program, or you no longer meet the program requirements, according to the FCC" So now I have to go through leaps and hoops to get all of this resolved and get my Internet service discount re-instated with my Internet service provider as I need that to continue, Needless to say i am going to make a formal complaint. Beware of the "free phone" promotions and get all the facts before you are a victim of a nightmare mess!
No customer service.
This the plan that I'm on is amazing and yes Jen mobile has so much to offer and what it's capable of is just wonderful wonderful thing for what being on a government fixed plan. However I cannot make my Sim work anymore it just stopped I have tried to call a text he was not able to help me everything he had stated to do I'd already done and then he puts me on hold and then he hung up I don't think he meant to I have not had my phone working in over a month and a half and I've tried everything I can to get that Sim working and I've had no help Jim mobile please help me and my stars I promise you will go up I think you sincerely and I do want to keep the service I just need better customer service and help thank you.
They were at the grocery store trying to sell phones for $50 . They got my girlfriend's information and caused problems with her ACP eligibility. They shouldn't be allowed to scam people.
The problem is the employees lie first time I called they said 4 to 48 hrs no one called then I called on Monday they couldn’t find my first ticket now it 24 to 72 hrs the right hand don’t know what the left hand is doing worst service I was with metro they were bad but this is horrible I would rate them neg 99
Gen Mobile is rated 3.1 based on 369 reviews