Groupon Reviews

45% of reviewers recommend Groupon
08AM
8AM

Tell us how Groupon made you happy

Over 7 Days
Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Under an hour
"I spent money on arborvitae trees that never arrived. I contacted customer service several times and all they ever do is tell you to call them back or email in a few days because they have ZERO information. I waited and waited only to hear they items are in transit and they have no information. The rep said maybe they sold out. They don’t know anything. An extremely frustrating experience and tied up my money. Really disgusted with the customer service and lack of information. Also it was my burden to keep checking back. What a joke. Never received items"
Are you Groupon? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Groupon receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"would give zero starts if I could. Great price but rubbish service all round. Incredibly frustrating and I still haven't recieved my item. Will never use groupon again"
"vintage hairdressers the worsted hair cut i have ever had it is all uneven will have to let it grow before i can go somewhere else to have it done properly they want crossing of your list it gives your company a bad name"
"After purchasing the lunch buffet at Bukhara , Indian fine foods , I felt compelled to write a review. To begin with I should come t on the other reviews which are approx 50 percent good and bad. I should have taken notice of the bad reviews as there is always an element of truth to a bad review. On entering at 12.30 there was only one other customer. The waiter was too busy on the phone to welcome us let alone seat us. The buff3t was not even remotely close to any pictures on website and was limited to 2 non vegan and three vegan choices all of which tasted similar . Old rice that has not even been warmed was disgusting. Bad food , bad service and hopeless buffet choices made for a bad experience . I expected much more. No recommendation from me."
"A place my son loves, I purchased a groupon for & everything went smooth the 1st time. The 2nd time I used it, there wasn't location restrictions listed. However, when I got my email the 1st thing it lists is that I can only use it in 4 spots, all of which are 1.5+ hours away! In fact, the whole time I kept getting offer after offer for various states & had to keep changing my location back. Oh well, I am going to hope that the race place we go to honors it, but somehow I doubt they can. Bye bye $60 worth of races!"
"Item not delivered on time. Tracking option shows still being processed yet online chat says will be delivered tomorrow. Should have been delivered Monday then they changed the date to today, now tomorrow. Customer service is not in this country and they simply read generic answers from their screen. Never again"
"Disgusting company with no values. I purchased a KARCHER 4K pressure washer. There was no reference to it being a REFERBISHED ITEM. I have screen shots to prove it. £122 36% off compared with Argos it said!! I paid through PayPal and of course PayPal provide the address for the seller. Days later I wondered why it had not arrived so I checked the tracking which advised that parcel force didn’t have enough of the address to deliver the item. Groupon had missed off the first 2 lines of the address! I took a look at My Orders on the groupon page and noticed that REFERBISHED had been added to the details on my order. Both the screen shot of the original advert and my invoice emailed by groupon made no reference to the item as REFERBISHED!!! I imidiatly contacted PayPal to report a claim and contacted Parcelforce and instructed them to return the item to the sender. I also contacted Groupon with my findings and complaints! PayPal have been amazing, Parcelforce did as instructed and Groupon couldn’t be bothered to respond however they did change the advert adding REFERBISHED to the item! Groupon did finally email 2 days later offering Groupon credit £122!!!!!!!! Why would I accept that as under distant selling your entitled to a full refund provided you notify the seller within 14 days. I received a second email advising my request had been passed to payments team but no apologies for the deceitful underhand and downright illegal behaviour from Groupon! Pay Pal have closed the case in My favour and are issuing a full refund. I WILL NEVER USE GROUPON AND WOULD URGE NO ONE ELSE! If I could have I would have given ZERO star rating!"
"Groupon is a disgusting company. We purchased a voucher and the merchant was unable to vlidate it therefore advised that Groupon will be refundig. The amount in question here is £275. We've been calling them weekly for months now and they keep making excuses of 'we had your incorrect account details' or 'the money is still pending ' or ' it should be going in in a few days'. It's been months now . Will be taking legal action because this is appalling and will never buy from Groupon again. My friends and family have headed our advice and not purchased anything since."
"Good quality goods at the right price!"
"Excellent customer service answered all my questions."
"Absolutely dreadful company, bought a voucher for my birthday at a spa that me and my boyfriend were travelling to. I booked the spa and it was cancelled last minute. Tried to ask groupon for my money back or to change this to a spa thats closer to us. And they said this isnt possible. So upset that my birthday spa weekend was ruined and groupon refuse to exchange money back for this or help change the location. Waste of money. Would not recommend wasting your time or money with their vouchers."
"Bought a groupon ( times 3 ) for a new favorite restaurant and found out when trying to use it that it was for a restaurant in another state! When you look on my personal account information I listed that I wanted deals for my state/area. I never saw as stated by the customer service representative "the fine print" that the restaurant with the same name was for Arizona not Arkansas. Very dissappounting for that was all that was stated besides the fact that they would not refund me. The very least you could offer would be to give me credit for the money spent and the capability to use for any other Groupon offer! I am no longer using Groupon and will close my account as soon as possible."
"Trying to get a refund on a simple newspaper subscription. I've done all the legwork to no avail! This has been going back and forth for over a month. I'm done and will NEVER use Groupon again!"
"Quick delivery well pleased with trainers"
"Great savings on everything from eating out to unusual gifts. Great customer service. I and many of my friends use this site regularly!"
"If I could give Groupon UK 5 negative stars I would. I purchased and non refundable hotel reservation with them for 4 days. I had to cancel my hotel stay due to a death in the family. I even offered to show them Proof as well and they still refused to cancel it. I honestly wouldn’t never book anything with them again"
"Quick service great price"
"They give excellent delivery service, had no problems so far also always keep you Informed of your purchase."
"Have ordered 3 different items and they can never deliver them and then you can’t speak to a human to discuss at all just chat bots"
"I never received a mattress ordered. I did a Paypal Resolution and they never responded to Paypal. They emailed me saying they will refund me if the Paypal Resolution is closed. It ran the 28 days and closed. I asked Groupon to honour their pledge. Tonight I got and e mail starting with this statement "We never got the mattress returned to us" and offered tokens for the £259 pounds. They are a bit suspect in their logic and general morality. Paypal don't come out of this well either. The irony is that this was ordered on a "Pay on Delivery basis. Steer well clear of this company!!!"
Groupon is rated 2.84 based on 471 reviews