Groupon Reviews

Groupon have a Customer Happiness Grade of C-. Customers love their prices but are unhappy with their returns process and refunds. Full Insights

44% of reviewers recommend Groupon
1 New Reviews Written
2PM
2PM
Live Chat, Email, Telephone

How would you rate Groupon ?

"Items arrived all smashed up so refused to accept the order after waiting in a full day for delivery. Tried to get them to reorder it but instead only option was a refund which would take up to 14 days . After having to ring twice, the representative had very broken English so struggled to understand her"
"I ordered a Hoover floor cleaner It has NEVER worked. I tried working with Hoover to see if we could get it working. They sent me new chargers to charge the battery, still not working. Then Hoover said it could be the battery, they said to send them the battery at my cost when they got the bad battery they would send another one. I said no thanks. I have been trying to return this floor cleaner to Groupon, and can't get anywhere with them. They don't care about keeping customers or doing right by them. I will be deleting my app, and will never use them again. Also will be spreading my story all over social media, and warning everyone, DO NOT order from Groupon"
"They overcharged me and it is IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of anyone online-worst customer service I've ever experienced. Doesn't matter how many reviews you do-nobody will EVER contact you. Please do not ever use GROUPON unless you want to be frustrated beyond belief!!!"
"I refuse to ever again purchase or work with any company that does not offer 'real' person customer support. I guess Groupon got rid of their actual real person phone support because they were having too many complaints. That should tell us something. No matter, I refuse to talk anymore to any company that does not offer the same respect back to me of a real person to converse. To me that says they are just there to collect our money and not care about our concerns. Way not cool Groupon!"
"Bought a set of supposedly leather hand bags, delivery took longer than expected and a Tesco 10p bag is better quality then the so called leather I received"
"For the past 2 days, I have been trying to purchase 4 tickets for a Naples Sunset Cruise - Pure Naples. My first attempt was when Groupon advertise 50% off and after 30min with Customer Support assistance we gave up on making a purchase that evening and left it at trying again tomorrow using 25% off with Groupon bucks that worked out to $23.50. On our second attempt the next day again, we had trouble making the purchase. The customer support person also gave up and has referred our situation to another department. In the meantime, we went directly to the provider for the item and completed the purchase. We honestly won't be shopping Groupon or referring others until such time Groupon gets their act together."
"I ordered placed on the 9th and my goods arrived on the 11th, half of it was smashed up and hanging out of the box, the driver suggested I send it back and customer service (CS) would contact me . Today is 14th, I called every day and their CS dont speak English, I've used their email service and they are not responding , very frustrating ....as the are resellers one can only judge them on their delivery, telephone and email service....they responded to 1 of my 5 emails, 0 of the 4 telephone calls ...therefore I rate them 1/10 very very poor"
"ordered a "rose gold necklace" - should have known the price was too good to be true. after wearing it for about 2, weeks, the "rose" wore off and i was left with some kind of splotchy silver necklace"
"I accidentally submitted a review for a Groupon I bought without completing. I contacted Groupon on chat and thought the first chat window had closed so I started another chat where I was told "Unfortunately, we are unable to remove the reviews made by customers." I thought this was pretty inefficient and didn't make sense so deleted my account as I can't be bothered with a company that doesn't have ways of dealing with things well. However, I received a transcript of this conversation and also of the conversation I thought I had accidentally quit where the operator said "We'll not publish the empty review. Is there anything else I can do for you?" Ir's too late since I deleted the account. Consistency is needed."
"DO NOT ORDER FROM GROUPON!!!! They have the worst customer services I’ve ever dealt with in my lifetime. Bunch of workers that don’t know what the hell they are doing, can NEVER resolve the issue. They have you waiting on hold for ages for management which is NEVER available. They NEVER get back to you via emails. There services are appalling and the trading standards really need to look into this company and re-consider them even being allowed to sell. I purchased a bed from groupon with a missing part, I instantly called up groupon to let them know so this issue could be resolved as I had thrown my old bed away & would now have to sleep on the floor, baring in mind I am currently 5 months pregnant, which this whole issue has stressed me causing me to have further health problems, I stressed this to groupin numerous of times which they did not take into consideration at all. So anyway the first time I’ve called up I was told that it will take within 7 days for them to redeliver. Within this time because I’ve realised groupings customer services is so rubbish I kept calling up to see the progress of this. 7 days passed & was told the merchant doesn’t want to send the missing part so the supervisor took over & told me to forward pictures of the parts I’ve recieved for the bed so she can send over to the merchants. Done this was waiting another few days which made it 2 weeks since the bed was first delivered. Hadn’t received no emails/phonecalls nothing so called up again to be told again even after looking at the pictures I forwarded over the merchant still doesn’t want to send missing part. The staff over at customer service are rude, they hung up on me numerous times & gave me empty promises. I was told 3 times I will be given groupon credit for the inconvience which I’ve never received. Now I am awaiting a refund, which I’m completely frustrated about as I have no bed, pregnant & will now have to go through the trouble of purchasing another bed. This company has caused me so much grief, stress & problems & they don’t care at all, they deal with you really bad & I think something needs to be done about it seriously!"
"I have used Groupon for MANY years! You used to be able to call and talk to customer service to resolve an issue and all was good. Now, you cannot get in touch with a person, chat is rarely available, they give no response to the emails I sent.... It is AWFUL!!! I will not, CANNOT, order from Groupon anymore because I cannot risk the problems I had with my last order (they sent TWO items, not one (a $426 credit card charge), and it was the WRONG COLOR and there is NO ONE to resolve the issue). If they start answering the phone again, I will start ordering again."
"Rude call centre staff they have taken money for a bed and never delivered it to us and have not given us are money back do not use them they are heartless scammers"
"I purchased a shutterfly photo book. Suddenly I am unable to log in. Many password resets didnt help. No customer support on "live chat". On my phone application (purchased from the same phone couple days earlier) shows no shutterfly purchase, but when I checked my account sure enough they charged me for it. Just wasted almost an hour and still got nowhere. Can log in on my phone, cant on computer."
"I purchased item from groupon an due for delivery in 7 days, dint arrive, then i contacted the customer care after 15 days, the customer care responded the item will take another week as groupon received a message from seller. the customer care is not bother about the customer care, i should be receiving a message if the item is delayed but groupon wants customers to call and case for their orders, thats carelessness."
"Groupon had been gaining more of my business from Amazon with merchandise deals. I had 2 unauthorized charges on Groupon show up through my account. Customer service should be titled the 'FU' Department. You cannot call them to speak to a live individual. Email or chat are their only available options. The reps are callous and heartless. They told me it was my fault and the terms and conditions place responsibility on the accounholder. Groupon's loss. I spent a lot of money with them. Probably between $200.00 - $450.00 month. Amazon will regain all that business as their customer care truly shows their valued clients they care. I rarely have problems, but when I do, Amazon gets an A+ in resolving them. In my opinion, Groupon is all smiles until there is a problem. We all make mistakes. I refrain from a final decision until the business is given the opportunity to correct the mistake. You failed miserably Groupon."
"Customer service does Not try to help you when there's a problem. My coupon did Not go thru. They refuse to refund me or allow me to use another coupon code.... customer service supervisor kept me on hold a long time without offering me anything on thst purchase. Only a lower discount on my next purchase which I won't be making."
"If you are a local business or want to support local business, DO NOT USE GROUPON!!! They stole money from me!!! I had set up a deal online to go live on June 1 of 2018. They gave my account to a groupon employee who was out of the office until June 5. No one would help me and they insisted that no one could help me because the person who was handling my account was the only person who could open the account and she was gone. When I finally did get a hold of her, she informed me that I HAD to publish 2 deals, not just 1 and and so I said no that will not work for me, nevermind about the deal. Fast forward, two months later, I get a phone call from a woman who bought a groupon for my yoga studio, specifically for a series of classes that were being offered and only for that purpose. I investigate and Groupon had gone ahead and pushed my deal through. Not only that, but they didn't use any of the pictures or text that I had downloaded for my deal. It was a stock photo with basic language about yoga. I would never have offered this series of classes on a groupon deal in the first place, but since it was not the (two) women's faults (how would they have known), i went ahead and honored them. They would have purchased the class full price through my website (which was already a great deal) if not for groupon and now I am literally paying to have this series of classes in my studio."
"GROUPON had been slowly earning more of my business from Amazon. They offer services, entertainment and restaurant deals versus merchandise alone. That said, almost $300.00 was stolen from me by my account being hacked. I am the only one making purchases on my account. I am so disappointed with GROUPON for not taking this matter seriously. I am still chasing after them 9 days later, after electronic communications with 3 or 4 different individuals. They all pass the buck to another versus solving my problem. I have spent a ton of money supporting GROUPON in the past. It is my fault for trusting them to care about their loyal customers, this one has now become a former customer. Karma 101; the energy that you give out, boomerangs back to you."
"Do not buy sofas from Groupon. I bought two sofas from them for my parents. The quality is so poor that the leather has literally peeled off. My parents are so embarrassed they've just been covering the tears with throw blankets. As they are pensioners they cannot afford to buy replacements until we get a refund from Groupon but as bought them over 12 months ago Groupon do not want to know, choosing to hide behind their terms and conditions and ignoring consumer law that states items must be fit for purpose and last a reasonable amount of time. Their live chat abruptly ended the chat because he didn't want to deal with me so I emailed their CEO Rich Williams. The only response so far is an email back from the normal customer service email asking for more details of the order. I provided this straight away and haven't heard anything back despite chasing them twice. I have therefore lodged a complaint with the EU online dispute resolution and am seeking legal advice on how best to take them to court to retrieve the money they have effectively stolen along with some compensation from my elderly parents. I will not rest until they have paid dearly for what they have done."
"NEVER USE GROUPON!!!! I ordered a mattress with them, thinking it would be great. It has been the most awful customer experience!! I ordered this on the 30th July, I was promised delivery within 7 days. Contacted them on the 7th day, to be told it would be delivered the next day. It was not delivered the next day and the tracking system was not updated. I contacted them via the live chat, for them to tell me the carrier had not updated the tracking system, they completely blamed the carrier for not delivering. So I demanded the carrier details to contact them myself as they could not be bothered to do it. Turns out, Groupon never even gave the carrier the mattress to deliver!!!! I asked for a manager to contact me urgently, still no contact made from the manager, apparently they cannot use phones, so I would have contact via email- STILL WAITING!!!! Ever since I have had nothing but excuses from Groupon. I have just contacted them AGAIN, and now they are just sending me automatic messages, instead of speaking personally to me. Telling me to wait another five days for a resolution!!! The customer service team is terrible, they are a bunch of robots with no care in the world about you or the amount of money you have spent, they are thieving scam artists! NEVER USE THEM, NO MATTER HOW GOOD THE DEAL IS!!!!!!! If I could give a 0 star, I would!!!"
Groupon is rated 2.78 based on 427 reviews