Groupon Reviews

39% of reviewers recommend Groupon
11PM
11PM

Tell us how Groupon made you happy

Over 7 Days
Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Under an hour
customer service
Returns & Refunds
Difficult
refunds process
"Not time sensitive when it comes to shipping items for their customers. And very impossible to speak to customer representative"
Are you Groupon? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I was given a groupon code over the phone that has not worked. I have been online chatting all day and have spk to 9 people including 5 "supervisors" without a resolution! Each time I am disconnected when they say I have been idle for 2 min (which I havent) and then I get kicked off! Not to mention the fact that we have to use chat to communicate our issues when we are already frustrated is RIDICULOUS!! Groupon customer service used to be great. Now its horrible!"
"Accidentally booked an overnight stay by pressing wrong button , tried everything to get cancellation with merchant and groupon . Merchant has tried to resolve but groupon not having it , putting up more obstacles every time I think I may have a resolution ."
"The idea of a lot of people pitching in to get a discount is good, but Groupon is so shady it's not worth it. They have no moral compass and will hide hidden fees into their fine print. Then not allow refunds after you find the hidden fees. Products will be broke and they won't return it. The local deals are merchants that don't want to use them and make you feel awkward. It's just a bunch of junk just to try save a couple bucks. My overall feeling is the company itself is ran by scammers."
"As of recent, Groupon has more savings if you pay a monthly membership fee. My experience now is if you are not a member they discount you as a purchaser. I placed an order as I have many times in the past with no issues, only this time, my voucher never came. I kept getting a be patient coffee spill issue to be resolved. After time, I did a live chat. I was told issue going to be corrected with discount. Neither ever happened. Again another live chat with gentlemen who never read my actual messages with being too busy trying sell me membership. Asking questions already answered several times. Same promises that yet again never fulfilled. It's a shame service is now so poor for a none member who has brought them so many clients."
"Misleading sales, do not sponsor this business."
"I was not aware that this site had a bad reputation on customer service. I guess is ok to purchase discount services, but is not a good idea to buy goods from here. I purchased a Big Boss 16qt Oil-less Air Fryer and it was defective out the box, I thought i could just call and get a replacement, but was never able to get anyone on the phone and not even the live chat. I decided to just return the item and now I'll have to wait god knows how log to get my money back. Don't buy goods, they don't care about you as a customer!!"
"You dont deliver to all of mainland Britain, shame on you."
"Paid for the restaurant, only to arrive and the restaurant was closed - absolutely disgraceful as it was a birthday treat"
"Delivery charge only £1.99. Vary fast deliver."
"Very disappointing experience which ruined my morning. I advanced paid £20.95 each for 2 pedicures (£42) through Groupon, but when I arrived found my appointment slots had been cancelled out. She said she did not make any money on the Groupon appointments and had given our slots to regular customers who pay her more. She refused to find another appointment slot for me and said it was Groupon's fault and basically pushed us out the door. The rudest salon experience I have ever had by a long shot. It seems she uses Groupon to fill in empty slots and feels justified to cancel and not make restitution because she says 'most the profit goes to Groupon, and I give appointments to my regulars first" -- clearly she resented how little she gets paid. As the owner of the business, it did not make sense to me why she sabotaged our goodwill by refusing to honour our pre-paid appointments, blaming Groupon. Exercise caution using this salon, because if she cancels on you, you as customer have to do all the administration (taking nearly two hours with Groupon so far and as yet unresolved), then having to contact credit card company to get the charges removed. An utter disaster for us -- ruined our morning. I'm remain out £41.90 because of her dispute with Groupon -- we did nothing wrong but it is us that has to fight to get our money back."
"Bought few things from them, only when i had to return one item because it was a wrong size, i am still waiting for item to be collected even after a month now. I was told someone will contact me and will give me collection date but there is no call or email. I would never buy anything again from them, their customer service has got to be worse in the country."
"I purchased a groupon and it was not honored. I contacted groupon and they would not respond in any way. Total scam."
"Don't use it, unless you like to gamble your time and money. You can get lucky and get a good deal or lose your time and money. After months of planning without any communication they refunded the groupon for our anniversary dinner plans. If you redeem a voucher say goodbye to your money, even if the vender did not deliver the product."
"I have used Groupon for many years for personal deals & gifts, both in the UK and in Spain but my last experience has left me very reluctant to use again. Purchased a deal for my mum for Christmas of three beauty treatments in a salon in Worsley, Lancashire. When she tried to book, they would only allow express treatments (not stated on the advert) and were extremely inflexible, even when my mum offered to only redeem for the two that she wanted. They also asked for the voucher upfront so they could claim the payment. When I approached Groupon, they simply offered a refund in credits to spend on another offer. Poor customer service, no interest in retaining busines and no offer of compensation or apology. Will not be using again after this and would urge others to use Wowcher, LivingSocial or another competitor."
"They would not change the date of a booking there was no discussion only live chat I gave a weeks notice and only wanted to change it by 24 hours. The other purchase has not arrived it's been 4 weeks and I have had no reply to 4 emails. I have instructed my bank to make an indemnity claim for my purchase. I have also complained to the Financial Ombudsman, who were not surprised even though they are independent. Never use them again. A Warning to all"
"Great deals and very helpful customer service team. Would highly recommend"
"So disappointed ! Never again."
"Do not buy myheritage dna kit with groupon. We ordered 3 kits to qualify for the free shipping deal. $59.00 each. We went for it. We got a confirmation number through our email for the payment and estimated delivery date. After waiting for over 2 weeks we checked on our kits and groupon is not going to send our order until we pay an extra $13.00 per kit for delivery. So, we have been waiting for weeks for nothing and then on top of that we are not getting the free shipping deal they offered. Now the order we placed is called a " voucher" and it's just sitting there. We have to place the order on the my heritage website with each voucher and add an additional $13 per kit. Its $12 each for shipping, and then $1 more for groupon. Do yourself a favor and only order directly from the my heritage website for their products. Leave groupon out of the equation completely. Groupon just takes your money and then you have to go to the products website and pay more money. It cost you more money and time and is deceptive and confusing. It's impossible to get the great deals and discounts of this product offer of $59 if you involve groupon. Don't do it. This was our first time using groupon and our very last!"
"I bought in groupon wheel alignment and the garage barrack rd tyres they did not do the job claiming that my car had a problem and that it would cost me £60 , I went to the mechanic and he said that there is nothing wrong and went on the national tyres to do the alignment and they did without problems. I request a refund and they not wanting to solve the problem, at least it was not expensive what I paid, very disappointed."
Groupon is rated 2.61 based on 619 reviews