Groupon Reviews

47% of reviewers recommend Groupon

How would you rate Groupon ?

"I had purchased tickets for a concert and had them gifted to my flashseats account email address, however the tickets never came across. After hours of trying to find a phone number for groupon on the mobile app, I finally googled the # and all it says is to go on the website and email them or request a live chat session, however you cannot get to the live chat on your mobile app. Once I got onto my computer and started a live chat the representative wasn't helpful at all, made me call the vendor of the event I bought tickets for, and they couldn't find it either. All because groupon did not send it as a gift like I had requested on check out, and sent it to the email on my groupon account."
"The worst website to find deals! I just had and issue in which after all I didn’t get anything but an apology because they can’t do anything... it's a scam and a lie. They tell you that your a saving by purchasing with them and when you go to real website you see that you are paying exactly the same. Besides they don’t have a good customer service, they don’t have a phone line where you can actually complain or request about something... they take about two days to answer about any question or complaints but a the end they don’t help you. So please don’t waste your time purchasing in Groupon."
LTC Photography
Verified Reviewer
"Signed up to groupon Marketplace in April and they told me that they were a photography ban for 3 months and will be lifted in July. I called on Monday last week to a guy called William who told me to call on the 2nd July and told me that he is very sure that this was going to be lifted because they only have a ban for 3 months. I called today and they now told me that the ban is still there and will be lifted in November and i should wait until November to get on the list. I asked for a manager to discuss this and they blatantly refused to put me through to one telling me that there is no point All I want to do is to promote my business and offer good promotions to the potential customers in Ashton under-Lyne. Waiting 6 months to be added on a list is terrible when there isnt much competition in Ashton Under-Lyne."
Mark Morrison
"Value for money and delivered on date specified and time specified"
Stan
"The price was excellent and it helped get a jump start on improving my health."
"I love the great buys and coupons."
Janet Southam
"Product arrived on time in good condition the customer service is excellent I have purchased from this company before and will continue to do so."
"I have been using Groupon for years and have been happy because of immediate issue resolutions and fantastic customer support. This is no longer true. They deserve a 0 rating as dealing with them is now a several hour odyssey that will bring you no satisfaction. No more phone support, rude and unhelpful staff that will text you via live help if you get lucky and anyone is available. Nightmare! Never again"
Patricia Spence
"I buy from them all the time they are value for money and have great gifts never had a problem with them fast delivery would definitely recommend them"
Johnny Bahama
Unverified Reviewer
"usually a good buy but when you have trouble and need to contact them it is a real PIA! Virtually impossible by your phone and takes FOREVER chatting as I guess the agent is handling at least 4 chats at the same time. Hope you never buy a bad one!"
"The delivery was very quick and got what I needed at a discounted rate compared to the high street."
"Product was exactly as described and arrived in 2 days"
"Just read the reviews online (Trustpilot etc) and their Facebook page. These tell a better story than I ever can."
"Avoid Groupon like the plague. I have ordered a shoe cabinet, which arrived broken. I have contacted them for a refund, and provided a photo of the damaged contents. They said I would need to take it back to a Parcel force centre and post it back. Now, this package is extremely heavy and has a two man lift sign on it. I don't own a car so can't possibly take this anywhere, and they refuse to collect it or refund me. So I am stuck with this useless item, and I am going to have to pay the council to bulk collect it! Utterly outrageous."
Jennifer Wilson
Unverified Reviewer
"DO NOT BUY !!! I ordered Rattan Furniture £800 worth end of April ...missing parts and I have a 11 seater Table and chairs still with no bolts, instructions weeks now calling , emails still no parts ... disgusting service !!!"
"Ordered something that was supposed to take 7 days to arrive. 3 weeks later and still nothing. When we looked at the tracking it said it had been delivered and signed for by someone completely different. Clearly it wasn’t us and we hadn’t received it. Spoke to groupon and they said it must be that they’ve given the courier the wrong tracking information. No apology though! Offered us our money back in groupon credit but we refused and they finally agreed to give us our money back into our bank. Clearly realised they had messed up! Will not order anything from groupon again."
"Goods didnt arrives on time then I was told they would be delivered yesterday .l waited all day and still didnt get them .My moneys been taken from my account two weeks ago."
"Never again. The worst thing is that there is NO telephone customer service. WHO do you call for help? I spent hours trying to get help in the chat and after a long, long conversation I got no where. I did not get the info I wanted. : ( If a big corp like Amazon has real people for customer service than Groupon should have a decent costomer service. I think for Groupon, it should be a half star. VERY, VERY POOR"
"TRIED TO SELL USED MERCHANDISE AS NEW. SCAM."
Edwina Clough
"The electronic keyboard I received is plastic. And although it didn't state in the title and description at time of ordering that it was a toy it did some weeks later, in which case I wouldn't have ordered it."
Groupon is rated 2.90 based on 400 reviews