Groupon Reviews

42% of reviewers recommend Groupon
6PM
6PM

Tell us how Groupon made you happy

Over 7 Days
Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Under an hour
Returns & Refunds
Difficult
refunds process
"Groupon is an app where you can get some deals. I don’t know how it isn’t out of business yet! It has so many key problems. I have been with them long enough to tell you to stay away. 1- the prices aren’t always the cheapest! The deals aren’t the best. It is very frustrating when the pricing is cheaper on the company's main website than Groupon site. After you discover this, you won’t be able to change or get refund. 2-Customer Service is just horrible and terrible!! First you won’t be able to reach them easily. If you do so, then always they have mo clue about your problem and always seem they are reading from a paper! They’ll repeat “We are sorry but we can’t help you”! As a broken record! So don’t waste your time with them since you are already waste your money for a stupid deal! 3-when you buy something everything seems very well until you pied the money! Then once you did so, forget about it! You can’t get your money back and you can’t do anything! And by the way, the “nonrefundable” word is written in a very tiny font. No one can see it unless he/ she knows the trick! And guess what? There is ALWAYS a trick somehow!! 4- If you go to any business and tell them what is the price in groupon, then they’ll give you the same price or less! so what is the point of using groupon as a third party? It is an useless app and doesn’t worth your time nor money! For me, it is the time to try a new app!"
Are you Groupon? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Never again! One used to speak with someone But no more! Policy has changed! Won’t buy anything anymore!"
"Be VERY cautious using this company. I made a purchase of over £100 before Christmas when the £25 off £100 spend offer was on. As the discount wasn't applied (glitch in the system) I made a partial refund request with Paypal for the £25 which was accepted. Groupon now claim that I received a full refund which I never and have canceled my voucher thus missed out on the experience and wasted a days holiday from work. EXTREMELY dissatisfied with my experience and would advice people to avoid Groupon more than the plague! The customer services staff don't even read what you are writing. I was explaining my problem and they were giving me the answer to something I wasn't even asking. Almost like I was speaking to a poorly programmed robot!"
"I waited 2+ weeks, had to hunt down the 3d party delivery service just to find out Groupon had never sent the package. After trying to reach a manager 3 phone calls later. 2hours with customer service. They put me on hold for almost 30minutes twice the call got dropped when on hold.(funny how this never happened with anyone else). Every time I asked for a call back I had a different person who was nonchalant about the problem. After 3 days I finally get ahold of a “supervisor” Paul (probably not his real name) code was 78550645. All I asked was that I get a refund and some credit for the waisted hours. NO HELP AT ALL. If you want to risk having a horrible experience don’t go with Groupon just buy the stinking product full price you will pay more if you don’t."
"Ordered a mattress which i was sent a delivery message by dx would be delivered on 15th jan waited home all day nothing came so i emailed them they said it's been sent back and contact groupon.on contacting groupon which is only accessible by chat they said they would investigate and may give me compensation as there was no tracking information i would hear within 24hrs which i didnt contacted them again to be told wait another 24hrs and again they cut me off I message again to complain about being cut off to be told the mattress had been delivered on 14th! And they would refund me in groupon credits !i threaten to start a paypal dispute and suddenly im refunded no compensation no apology no.mattress avoid them"
"They have HORRIBLE costumer service! I had one problem after another and right in the middle of Live Chat 3 different times, they disconnected me! Then I emailed them 3 times and they never answered my questions at all...just went around it! I was also charged for 4 tix that I shouldn't have been charged for! I'm so over Groupon! They don't even have a costumer service number to where you can talk VERBALLY with someone!! I'll use Living Social from now on and hope they do better."
"I've only had great experiences with Groupon. My latest purchase was a mattress & I'm a very happy bunny. I read so many bad reviews I almost didn't order one. I read the fine print in all the ads and realised most state the supplier so I googled each supplier to look at their reviews. Aspire furniture only had GREAT reviews so I ordered one off Groupon by that supplier. 7-10 working days for delivery, mine came in 5 working days. Mattress was vac packed & rolled & looked a bit scary once opened however we read to leave mattress for 12-24 hours to get to it's proper size & we waited the full 24 hours. It's great & we've been sleeping on it for the last week & I'm so glad I wasnt put off by the negative reviews."
"This company sucks. They charge you for products you never receive and their retailers are worse. Customer service can’t do arming except tell you not to dispute it."
"I requested info as to how to get my discount. Chat cut me off... then Chat was unavailable. Sent an email...response was usually get back to you in 24 hrs. Called tollfree number...USELESS... can't talk to anyone!! I USED TO LOVE GROUPON... may never use them again... WAKE UP GROUPON...you are loosing VERY LOYAL CUSTOMERS!!! :-("
"Awful customer service. Unhelpful, don’t listen and just keep repeating the same “solutions” that aren’t relevant to the problem."
"0.5 Is Groupon Safe or Legit? 10 Is Groupon Reliable? 10 Groupon Guarantee 10 Groupon Prices 10 Groupon Hidden Fees 10 Groupon Shipping Delivery 10 Groupon Help & Support 10 Groupon advertise the Amount Paid never expires and you will never lose this even if the voucher expires. Had a situation where the voucher expired and wanted to use the Amount Paid, but the vendor will not honor it. Groupon will not honor the amount paid either. They completely ignore the issue and offer me 6 groupon buck to shop with them again. The logic here??"
"Avoid at all cost, no up front customer service. Hard to get intouch with them. Do not put credit card in, random purchases show up on my bill through Groupon."
"I would give you zero stars if possible. I glitch in your system caused multiple orders to be placed for the same item. When I contacted your customer support it took 10 plus days for a response, and then was told it was past the 3 day refund policy. They claimed they called me, no call came through. Escalated my complaint to a supervisor who was equally useless, and gave the same recorded speech. Will never use your company again, and advise everyone I know to do the same. WORST customer service ever.................."
"I purchased microblading and discovered they had no business location so I tried to cancel the order. It was only two days after purchase but Groupon customer support kept saying we’re working on your refund and now no response at all. I should have read these bad reviews before I became a customer. Heed my warnings Groupon will rip you off."
"Extremely good service , Order online piece of luggage and receive exactly what I'm ordered for very low price. definitely will use that service again."
"Customer service is horrible. I tried to exchange something and I got no help or a refund. My experience with some other items have not been the best!!!"
"Misleading and deceptive. Do not use for anything! Very poor quality products."
"Bought breakdown cover from Groupon. They wanted to charge me extra for calling out! Total fraud. AVOID “Emergency Assist” breakdown cover!!!"
"I didn't get my deliver when I contacted in email they send me a phone number costumer service and this number it's invalid And a lot stuff there it's fake horrible cheap stuff"
"Terrible experience. Purchased Groupon for 10 days parking. Used Groupon's link for the parking facility to make the reservation. They had no space for my days of travel. I immediately went back to the Groupon website to "self-cancel" my purchase (allowed for local purchases). I thought it was cancelled, but the charge was posted to my credit card account. Sent Groupon an e-mail (can't reach anyone by telephone). Despite cancelling within one hour of purchase, they said I didn't cancel in time. Terrible, terrible company. SCAM."
Groupon is rated 2.73 based on 555 reviews