Hobby Lobby Reviews

4PM
4PM

Popular Questions:

Delivery

How does Hobby Lobby deliver?

How can I contact Hobby Lobby?

Tell us how Hobby Lobby made you happy

"I usually like hobby lobby, I love their crafting products I really like all of the cute items that they have in their store. I have bought a lot of material in there and I bought some this week to upholster a set of dining chairs and the material turned out to be faded in a lot of places and I covered a couple of chairs in the light material and you can totally see the difference. I checked cushions back in to show them the difference and the whole matter of it is even if it was on clearance they should warn people that there is no guarantee that the material is good.She pointed out that the material was on clearance and that was probably the reason that it had been marked down. I think that if they are going to sell below standard material they should warn people I had of time so that they know they’re taking chances. I had nine chairs to cover And one stuck out like a sore thumb so I took the cover off and looked through the material to see if I could find something better. Clearance or no clearance, I think that they should stand by the quality of their materials., Everyone likes a good bargain but it’s not much fun if you have to go fixing up the screw ups that you can get for using bargain stuff And I am just wanting to say be careful when you buy material that is on clearance at Hobby Lobby. There is no guarantee. There was no refund and I don’t think the customer service was very good in this case either."
Are you Hobby Lobby? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I had to let your company know, what an amazing experience I had last night at your store in Watertown,SD. The manager at the store David helped me frame a pastel portrait I had mad . He did such a great job and made sure it was just perfect! I could not have asked it to turn out better . He put his heart into helping me , which is hard to find anymore . I felt like you needed to know sometimes you only hear the bad not the good ! I asked him his name after he was done helping me so I could give him the recognition he so deserved. His name is David Warne and I would recommend Your store to anyone because of his great customer service!"
"I love this store, but the person who attended me in register 1 at 8:00pm was so mean to me didn't want to scan a coupon for me and made me feel as trash in front other people. And said maybe next time and I said if the Lord want."
"I spend a lot of $$$ st hobby lobby almost every week..and have shopped there for years.. I have never shopped at a place with such unfriendly people the stores are all the same does not seem very christian"
"The hobby lobby store is absolutely wonderful in Chula Vista, California. I’ve also ran into the workers there and they have been extremely helpful and cheery except for one. Her name tag said “Annie” and she is deaf. Myself and my friends have visited the store at separate times by ourselves. It just happened that we were all having a conversation and we all started talking about your employee, Annie. We all have been very disappointed with her being extremely unfriendly and had an obvious attitude of “why are you bothering me?” With a roll of eyes. One of my co workers has recently learned sign language and was excited to be able to communicate but Annie was not impressed. Please understand that I am deaf myself and I work with customers on a daily basis at my job. I would never give attitudes towards customers since that will make them leave the store not in a positive vibe. I just wanted you to be aware and possibly re train your employees or a one on one with Annie about giving customers some kind of satisfaction and would enjoy coming back. After all that’s how good business works. I understand everyone has bad days but this was an encounter on multiple different occasions and she is now known as a disgruntled employee that shoppers wants to avoid. She may be very knowledgeable and have some strong points in doing her job but working with customers is something she needs to work on. It’s just terrible and she leaves customers feeling bad. Thank you and hope you take this into consideration and fix it. It’s a wonderful store and you need employees to serve with excellence."
"I was with my elderly mother in line to pay. She had to go to the restroom and asked me to finish paying for her order with her debit card. I used an on line coupon paid for her items. I then tried to pay for my items and use my online coupon. I was refused. Seriously, you just lost a customer for $3.18. Michael's does not seem to have this kind of issue. Not that there will be a next time, but I should have told the 84 year old woman to pee in the floor."
"Went to Hobby lobby to purchase thread and fabric for an independent living project. I picked out my fabric which was BRIGHT BLUE and then asked the lady what color thread to get, she then said to get WHITE. I was working on my project, when I was sewing the waist band, my teacher pointed out that I was using THE WRONG COLOR. keep in mind,I made these shorts FROM SCRATCH and I was almost done with the waistband. NOW I HAVE TO RESTART MY WHOLE PROJECT BECAUSE OF THIS PERSON. 10/10 WOULD NOT RECOMMEND. I AM NOW GOING TO FAIL THIS CLASS. PRO TIP- DO NOT GET WHITE THREAD IF YOUR FABRIC IS BLUE!!"
"Store manager very rude boxes in front of merchandise was told they stock on Monday's and would not help or get help to move boxes. Store in Thornton CO both managers not helpful and they have attitudes went to Westminister CO that store is great"
"Nancy an employee at HL store Fairview HTS, Framing department was wonderful!!! She helped me decide how to frame a beautiful canvas, spent an hour carefully putting it all together. It turned out great! Which I had taken a pic of it! Very professional in her job but a joy to be around. Kudos to Nancy!!! A very happy customer! P.S. I have always taken my items to be framed to hobby lobby the last five years and have never been disappointed! Keep these good employees and pay them well! D. Hulse"
"I love the corporation of Hobby Lobby. I love that they give their employees Sundays off. I love the Christian themed items in the store. However, I am sick of the lines at this particular Hobby Lobby. And today, I saw dishonesty at the Hobby Lobby, so I will shop elsewhere. After waiting in the line, with my small child, I was happy to start checking out. The cashier saw that the calligraphy pens, 2 packs, were labeled at $1.99 each. She said that she felt that the price was wrong. She called the co-manager, Jesse, over. He said that he too felt the price was wrong. They called back to that section of the store and whoever was back there could not verify that the price was different. After waiting several more minutes, with my small anxious child, the co-manager got on his phone to attempt to look up a price. Now mind you, they were BOTH labeled $1.99. He said that he "thought" that the price "should" be $12.99 each. I was furious. They were guessing. I would have left the entire order there but I had already waited almost 15 minutes, in line and at the register, and I had to have the items. I only bought one pack of the pens. I had another customer ask me if they were not honoring what was labeled. I told her that they were not. Not only did they make me wait, but also the 5 or so people behind me. I called corporate and told them that this store is run poorly and DISHONEST."
"I have always been amazed at the amount of religious product at hobby lobby. In the past, I could not find a desk calendar that didn’t have a cross on it. (Would not have been appropriate in my office). This time I went to the Latham, NY store get decorations for my grandchild‘s baptism. I thought hobby lobby would be the best place! I was so wrong. They did not have one baptism decoration. I guess you want to spread the good word but not baptize new Christians? Still shaking my head."
"Great place to shop, amazing customer service."
"Awful place to work for. Nasty mean people. No way a Christian company"
"As an employee for four years, I would just like to compliment the staff I had the pleasure to work with due to my decision to move on. The location is in Las Vegas at the Fort Apache and Tropicana. To the manager I have to say that there is no manager working that cares more about the presentation and cleanliness of their workplace more than him. As for the comanagers, they to were fun to get to know and the co-workers made the workplace a joy with hard work coming constantly. Thank you for the retail experience and Jesus Lives ....j"
"La Habra Hobby Lobby is amazing. Love it."
"It is ridiculous that in this day and age that nothing is scanned and every item must be entered by hand. Hence the constant long lines. No employee seems to help fellow employee. If an employee needs help they are perceived as stupid. Strange behavior from a quote Christian based company."
"I went to a Hobby Lobby today to buy an item using their 40% off coupon. There was a yellow price tag on the item, which apparently meant it didn't qualify for the coupon. Okay. What about a price match from another store? The first store that I visited flat out told me 'no, we don't do any price matching whatsoever'. I spoke to a manager who confirmed this statement. This is straight from the FAQ on their site: Do you honor competitors’ ads? We do honor competitors’ ads in-store if a specific price is listed and we stock the exact same item. However, we do not honor competitors’ "percent off" ads or coupons. We exclude all Holiday door buster ads, Cricut, Silhouette, Sizzix, Cuttlebug, Simplicity & McCall's patterns, clearance, and closeout items from this policy. Sorry, competitors’ ads are not honored online. So I went to a different Hobby Lobby after trying other shops. I wanted to talk to them about what I learned above. Initially, they once again there was no price matching. A manager arrived and claimed there WAS price matching however, there were several stipulations: 1) it had to be ON THE SHELF of the shop they were matching 2) it had to be the exact same 3) they had to call them to find these things out. I have done price matching at Target, Best Buy, Apple, JC Penny, Fred Meyer, Office Depot, and Petco. None of them have these requirements providing the retailer you're matching is reputable. Furthermore, they just need to check the price and move on with their lives. I'd like to point out I was not trying to match something outrageous. It was a $119 item (the SRP) which was $90 dollars (not on sale) at Home Depot. The second manager went into a diatribe about how these online places didn't have to worry about lights and fixtures and shelves. She actually went on and on about the difficulties of running a brick and mortar store. In any event, the ultimate truth was that they really just wanted us to pay and leave. By the way, I ensured I was in a line that wouldn't jam up traffic. No one could get in line behind us because the checker closed down after us. I wasn't not wasting the time of other customers. I just wanted to understand why they wouldn't follow the company policy. Her answer was that she doesn't have anything to do with the web site. Despite the fact that, as you can see above, the only place you CAN get a price match is in the store. I will never go back. There are WAY too many options."
"customer service fail. I ordered a gift card 10 days ago. It shipped the same day and was never received. Customer Service is telling me my only option is to have the GC cancelled and refund my money. Can you not cancel the GC and send another one?"
"Hobby lobby does a really good job custom of making frames. Love!"
"Late delivery of my order of $1000+ Order. Tracking says it was but it wasn't. Found it hard for anyone to replay to my emails. Beware things can go wrong at Hobby Lobby!"
Hobby Lobby is rated 3.14 based on 29 reviews