Holiday Extras Reviews

Holiday Extras have a Customer Happiness Grade of C. Customers love their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

84% of reviewers recommend Holiday Extras
2PM
2PM

customerrelations@holidayextras.com

Category:
Business & Office

Live Chat

How would you rate Holiday Extras ?

"No show for taxi"
"I have booked airport parking and overseas transfers with this company.I called them to ask if they could send my confirmations by post as I was having problems printing what they sent me.They wanted me to pay £1.99 twice to have my confirmations sent by post?Thought some concessions and common sense might have prevailed but no.Will not use again .I have spent £ 111 with them and they want nearly four pounds to send me two A4 pieces of paper. FIRST TIMECUSTOMER AND THE LAST TIME."
"Booked an airport hotel with parking partly based on the fact that breakfast was included, only to find that breakfast was not available until 8 am - too late for us to take advantage of. When I complained it was pointed out that this nugget of information was tucked away in the small print."
"First time I used them I had issues with a car booking, called up the help line very unhelpful. For some reason I decided to use them again, and they double charged me for a car park 100 pounds! No response for 2 weeks, then I get an email "we can only refund this if the carpark refunds it". Terrible company, terrible customer service. Yes you'll save 5 quid but if something goes wrong you'll lose a lot more, plus a load of hours of your time!"
"only got a star because this site doesn't accept no stars Come hell or high water I will never book another car par space with this company or it's sister company Purple Parking. I've booked 5 times with this company in the last 5 weeks. Five weeks ago I got to the Silver zone parking reception at Bristol only to be told that had a double booking and that this company had charged me twice and I should contact then to get a refund. I then called the company and explained the situation and they went as far as to say they would have to see if Bristol Airport would agree to a refund of the one of the payments, even though it was the Airport Parking Company that told me to contact Purple Parking / Holiday Extras. Eventually they agreed to refund me. Then 2 week ago I received an email from Purple Parking offering up to 60% discount. so I used the link to make the next 2 weeks parking bookings. the 1st appeared to be ok, but unbeknown to me Purple parking had added an additional £46 for an Aspire Lounge booking for 2 people. I received no documentation to state that there was an additional booking, which I had not made. I only became aware of this as this weeks booking was cancelled by Purple Parking within minutes of receiving confirmation. My booking confirmation was for 5 days at £75.01, but apparently yet again I made another aspire lounge booking, which I most definitely not done. I found this out when I called to find out why my parking ticked displayed payment required, and was then told about the booking cancellation and the additional aspire lounge bookings. Customer Services staff Lucy and Liz, were very patronising and went to great lengths to point out that I was the one that made the aspire lounge bookings and I was the one that cancelled my own car parking, what so that I could incur the additional 20% cost of paying on departure.........even though I made them aware that I have worked in the world of IT for over 20 years, and that I had no notification of additional aspire bookings or cancellations. I have even emailed an official complaint to Matthew Pack the MD of Holiday extras, but he has failed to respond. However If I do not get a response from him I shall be invoking my right under the distance selling regulations, conducting my bank to invoke an investigation with the view to getting a refund, and contacting the Financial Conduct Authority......Stay away from this firm and especially from there emails that offer discounts, especially when an aspire booking appears which cost more than the original parking booking."
"be warned...masquerading as Gatwick long stay parking operators. Deliberately unclear. Actual car park is 8 miles away from terminal and long wait for buses on return"
"Word of warning, if travelling from Manchester don’t book with this short of crooks Lyers and thieves"
"I bought a car park slot in good faith at Stansted, Ryan Air only notified my flight was cancelled 6 hours before it was due out. Obviously this was within the 24 hr deadline but it was entirely out of my control; I would therefore would have thought Holiday Extra could recompennse my expenditure and pursue Ryan Air for the money on my behalf. But the simply took the soft option and penalised the customer ie. me and witheld my refund. Plus, I have just seen my phone bill and they charged me nearly £6 to contact them regarding this complaint. I believe they are a money making scamming outfit and they simply legally steal from their customers - I would never use them again, I would never recommend them and I will now do my upmost on social media to expose them as the charalatans they are and how they run the company. They are simply a disgrace and should be closed down, totally disgusted by them !!"
"I booked return transfers for our weekend in NYC and we were picked up at the airport ok but no one turned up to take us to the airport to catch our return flight home. I called all of the numbers given and was asked "i don't know what you want me to do, madam" Useless, rude and would never use them again there's plenty others offering the same service and doing it well."
"I would not recommend this service to anyone. Due to the weather conditions last week, my flight was cancelled 7 hrs before take off. I emailed Holiday Extras, but got no response until the next day. They then said due to the type of parking I had booked, I could not get a refund. I have lost £40 in parking fess for two days parking, that I did not use and I am furious. This company is a license to print money and should not be able to do this. It must have still made a fortune last week even though it did not provide a service. AVOID this company."
"Bookings changed then cancelled at short notice. Shocking attitude towards customers. No response to emails after seven days. AVOID this place like the plague. If something goes wrong, they wash their hands and ignore you hoping you go away. NEVER AGAIN will I use them. Zero idea on dealing with upset customer, they should be ashamed of themselves."
"Extremely helpful with my airport parking and overnight hotel stopover at Gatwick en route to Lanzarote and their prices are very competitive too. They make life for DIYers like me a piece of cake. Nothing is too much trouble for them."
"I booked airport hotel and parking. I was sent an email offering a 15% discount from them with prices, when I checked from £46. I cancelled my existing booking and returned via same email to book immediately afterwards and prices had doubled_ at least £96 for same hotel. This company has an absolute monopoly on hotels and parking. They can charge what they like while we mugs keep paying it. I now have a k ft and will never use this conpany again for anything. Absolute scam"
"Booked airport transfer. Good value and transfers were prompt."
"Problems with VAT invoice, could not resolve to my satisfaction and customer service was poor at best."
"am so dissapointed d way procedures have occured i made a booking for Heathrow lounge , never travelled from heathrow booked the north instead of south i contacted for a refund was told it shouldn't be a problem and go back sent reference etc and now they have decided not to refund my money . i am soo dissapointed and feel it wasnt handled properly"
"Whilst sitting on a bus shelter waiting for a shuttle to the airport that was late, I saw my car being driven off at speed with the boot open. When I approached a man in a hi-vis jacket he shrugged and grunted then looked away. I had to catch a plane so couldn't wait to find out how my car was. On return, we waited an hour for our "every 20 mins' shuttle bus and then no one to speak to at the other end. Customer service don't care. Awful company NEVER BOOK WITH THEM."
"I made genioun mistake and booked the wrong airport. So we made a second booking to the right airport, as our booking was for 4 am, and their customer service line is unfortunately not covering customers 24 hours a day although the bookings are. When I spoke to their customer service agent the response was that they appreciate it was a human error but they couldn't refund the wrong booking because the car park is strict. Holiday Extras you are the agent selling the service, and you have not taken ownership, and tried to use human approach to resolve a human error, instead you pass the buck, ignore your customer, and show no empathy whatsoever. I would recommend you avoid Holiday Extras, they may not be beaten on price, but for service you don't even get what you pay for."
"I booked airport parking for one night at Cardiff airport. My flight was cancelled 30 mins before departure- I contacted Holiday Extras for a refund as the parking space was no longer required & was told that I could not as the request was made too close to the booking date - how on earth could I have predicted the flight was going to be delayed 48 hours before departure! I am a frequent business flyer but will never EVER use Holiday Extras again for parking - AVOID"
"Hotel was not booked even though we had paid for it prior to going on holiday. The hotel in question was Travelodge BHX who were very helpful but apparently this has happened a lot. I would never use Holiday Extras again. Disgraceful service."
Holiday Extras is rated 4.19 based on 193 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!