Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors Reviews

of reviewers recommend Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors
Read Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors Reviews

About Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors:

Industrial Scripts Reviews

Founded in early 2010 by a Warner Bros and Paramount script consultant, Industrial Scripts® is now one of the world’s leading screenplay and story analysis companies, backed by major entertainment companies and with over 1,000 verified client reviews.

Our script consultants have significant industry credentials, writing script coverage for companies and studios including Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros., Universal and many more. Working with screenwriters, authors and filmmakers of all levels and from myriad locations, we also deliver intensive training both online and offline.

While our OVERDRIVE and Talent Connector programmes hone and promote writing talent to the industry, our popular blog – Character-Driven – educates, informs and entertains. We believe that rigorous script development is the foundation of great cinema and TV and is, indeed, essential – without it, the end product is certain to fail…

Visit our site here >> https://industrialscripts.com/

Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors 5 star review on 11th December 2019
Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors 4 star review on 8th July 2017
Judith
Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors 4 star review on 29th June 2017
Guido
They had some terrific suggestions.
I learned so much! Felt like the feedback was very appropriate for my stage of writing (beginner) ... enough encouragement to offset the advise. Thank you!
Clear, concise feedback with great depth and side notes on ways to improve. It asked me the questions I needed to be asked in order to move my screenplay onto the next level, and I already have pages of notes to get on with. It has been well worth it.
Thorough, thoughtful and very helpful. Looking forward to the rewrite and incorporating many of the professional opinions and advice to make my script that much better. The positive remarks were well received and much appreciated.
The review was really good and rich of details. I would have liked to flesh out the charaters and scenes structure.
My report was incredibly detailed, offering insight and clear options, instructions, thoughts on the best way to move forward while still leaving the choices to me. I have returned many times and will continue to do so for the level of service.
An extensive assessment which brought much clarity and fresh direction to the project.
I was greatly impressed by the script report I received; it went way beyond my expectations.

Absolutely brilliant feedback which explained clearly where the script needs work: mainly the characterisation, which I must admit I had ignored; I knew the characters but in the excitement of writing forgot that they would need to be more fully developed in the script.

Also some great suggestions regarding dialogue, to maintain a period feel whilst keeping it understandable for a modern audience. I was initially a little puzzled regarding comments on the choice of period setting, but they actually pointed me in the right direction to deal with the conflicting elements and perhaps rationalise them to make them to make them acceptable in the story.

Overall, an essential second opinion on the script and excellent value for money.
Overall, a useful day to gain insight into the world of script reading. Although a bit Powerpoint heavy for my taste, the instructor was happy to stop and answer any questions or discuss topics raised by members of the group. He was also incredibly generous with his time at the networking session after the course finished. On a less positive note, it's a bit cheeky that in order to get your 'homework' marked you are forced to leave a review...
The tutor was really friendly and excellent at explaining things. The entire day gave me a great insight into the world of Script Reading and as a Screenwriter, it was extremely interesting to hear how the industry works from other angles. Unfortunately I couldn't make it for the drinks afterwards as I had a train to catch but thought it was a nice touch to give the people there the opportunity to network.
Personally would have preferred two days wherein we went into more detail on a few things - perhaps a bit more in-class work on our part - but the course is ultimately excellent and full of great information all about the script reading process.
The Effective Script Reading course was practical and informative and has given me the motivation to kick-start my career in script-reading.
While the Post-Course instructions do read a bit like a Mission Impossible task, I felt this was the firm hand on my shoulder that I needed to push me further in my career. Our Script Reading course was led by someone who is currently in the business. Therefore, the information we received was very through and relevant, and I can already tell this will make a different to my analysis of scripts in the future.
I'm a pretty hardcore coverage buyer and have used all the "major" script companies: WeScreenplay, ScriptReaderPro, Screencraft and the rest. At different times I've been mildly impressed thru downright furious at the quality of the coverage. But never blown away. So it was with trepidation that I approached Industrial Scripts, even more so as they're at the pricier end of the market. And you know what I learned? In life, you truly, truly GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. I type this in bold because I am old enough and ugly enough that I should have learnt this long ago. The IS report was by some considerable distance the best piece of coverage I have ever laid eyes on: erudite, warm (but equally very frank at times to the point of being brutal), and clearly written by someone right at the top of their game. Thank you, IS, for I now know precisely what real, top-of-the-line notes look like. I'll be back...

-Sam, Fox Cities, USA, May 2019
Been using the service for a year now and it's been invaluable to improve and refine my drafts.
I read the analyst’s (bq9) comments
I had some problems with the low ratings on some of the criteria and the overall ‘Low Consider".
The overall balance of the 19 pages was mighty unhelpful.
First, I can see that many parts of the dialog were memorable because they were repeated back to me over the first 10 pages. It would have been far more useful if the weaker parts were highlighted.
Second, the short conclusion told me nothing except "The storyline, however, needs tightened in some areas and perhaps more obstacles/conflicts can be put in the way of Jie and Yong’s release from the commune towards the end.”
I am profoundly disappointed. This is a poor IS review. This review is a marked departure in quality from earlier reviews by IS.
Paul Gross
I'm usually really please with your work and have received many "Considers", Screenwriting is very subjective, I've had readers love and hate the same script. So I usually get 3 different sets of coverage, that way, when a problem continues to surface, I address it. other wise it reflects one persons point of view...and Think about it. Does my script still need work? Of course. The French film Amelie opens with almost 25 minutes of exposition, what reader would have excepted that?
Subtle criticism and underlying sarcasm worked to convey 'the error of my ways,' It was honest so I accepted each note for all its worth.

What's logline got to do with it? Everything!
I would highly recommend this course to any aspiring screenwriter or script reader. You get extremely good value for money in the one day intensive course as well as an abundance of course materials for your own personal study. Before I did this course I knew next to nothing about script reading. Now I have a solid understanding of how to be a script reader and how to get professional work. Loved it!
Very strong analysis combined with helpful notes focused on strengthening character. Stellar feedback.
Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors is rated 4.69 based on 547 reviews