Kwik-Fit Reviews

of reviewers recommend Kwik-Fit
Email, Live Chat, Telephone

Tell us how Kwik-Fit made you happy
Dreadful company, dreadful mechanics, rude, arrogant and how many tines have I had a tyre fitted from them which are not sealed properly and the tyre deflates. Countless having had company cars and tied into Lease Car Deals with them. I would never recommend any of their garages.
A generous one star, there is no zero option. Took my car for an MOT after which I got a low battery charge warning, now the battery won't charge and as a result the car will only start with a jump start. I don't know what they have done to my car but I am not going back there again
Don’t bother with mobile fitting.
This is the first time i have used kwik fit. I had a mobile appointment for 6 March at 1200 - 1730. It came to 1730 and I had not heard from anyone, i called to find out that the fitter was not coming till 18.30, quite annoyed as I had been waiting. The fitter did not come until 2030 he called before coming and informed me that he would not be able to balance my tyres. I stated I did not want the tyres fitted so late as I would not be able to check the work after it was done, the appointment was rearranged to 7 March at 0830. The fitter arrived at 9 and still was unable to balance my tyres, he said did 'they' not tell you about this, no one told me about this nor did i receive a pre call to inform me when the fitter was coming. I spoke to despatch who said that I can have the tyres fitted and someone would come to me on Monday to balance the tyres. The fitter then informed he could not complete the job as he could not put the rear tyres on the alloys. I spoke to the despatch team again who said there was nothing they could do! I then suggested taking it into the branch to have them fitted and they said they would speak to the branch and call me back, which they did not (why was it down to me to suggest such a simple solution). I called back in to ask what was happening and they said they will leave the tyres with me to take to the branch which i was frustrated to hear and said no! I came to the branch at 1200 and left ar around 4pm. All in all this process wasted two days worth of my time and ultimately my weekend! I spent a lot of time on the phone back and forth with the despatch team and trying to call the non-existent customer care team. I did not understand how this process became so complicated and how they can expect to manage customer expectations if they cannot even call to let me know that they are running late. I waited at home for the fitter from 1200 till 2030 on friday and then from 0830 to 1100 on saturday this is totally unacceptable. I had spent £560 on tyres which is a substantial amount of money in this fee I expected a professional and courteous service which I have not received to say the least. The complaints team responded to my complaint once and after speaking to me once at time where I was busy, they never came back to me. I have contacted them numerous times and they have never responded. I wish i could give zero stars
my vauxhall corsa went into kwik fit today 29.6.20 for mot. and found out that it needs a catalik converter. i was well peed off. they said to me you may as well get rid of it as its going cost moor than the cars worth. between £1000 to£2000.mycar is a 2013 plat. i got it booked in at vauxhall eden next week. ill let you know the out come. i just feel that they are ripping me off big time it just pees me of
No Show Fit... Booked the Mobile service on a Friday to come Sunday between 8am-1pm Paid for the tyres and got the confirmation from them. Sunday morning comes and I get a call from the No Show Mobile Dispatch team saying that they wont be coming and the man was unsure how I managed to book, saying that there were no available spots. Next available date- Thursday..
I'm now rushing to get the tyres on a Sunday as I have a motorway trip on Monday!

No apologies from them, didn't offer any discount or compensation. Didn't even bothered to email me a cancellation notice or a refund, so I had to call them myself to get it. Now I have to wait about 5 days to get my money back.
IF you need tyres soon go get them elsewhere!
I needed a new battery for my car, called Clevedon branch they said they did not have one. Tried Weston branch no luck there. Tried to ring Nailsea no answer so drove over. They were to busy and that was ok, so arranged for 14/05/20. I asked do you need car reg they said no. Well do you have batteries in stock? Yes, I will call you Thursday and the technician turned to leave. I said you might want to take my number then. Oh yeah. Never got a call. This is disgraceful customer service. Went back to Clevedon branch to order a battery to be told we have them in stock, I said had a delivery then? He said no we've had these type in all week. Very poor practise.
they wanted over £800 for MOT 'repairs' which turned out most were not needed -I paid less than £300 in another garage! Complete con artists, would never ever go to kwik fit again..thank god I got a second opinion
I’ve been to Kwik Fit twice in for an MOT, once last year and again last weekend. I found the staff to be friendly and informative on my last visit so I chose to go agin this year for an MOT The major reason I am leaving a little 1 star is because of the terribly misinformed information I was given about to the change in law regarding MOT failures!! With no dangerous faults on my vehicle AND 1 week remaining on my current MOT I was told that it would be ILLEGAL to drive my car on the roads as of that day INCLUDING COMMUTING TO WORK. I had 1 week remaking on my MOT and was told that branch couldn’t fix it for 2/3 weeks. I rely on my car to get me to work, I can’t afford time off. Found out today that’s not exactly correct. READ THE CHANGE IN LAW YOURSELF! I took it on good faith I was being told the correct information and it has cost me a weekend of stress, rushing around and nearly £1200 for a new car i didn’t need for repair I could have fixed for £300/£400 in the coming week! The whole experience and information I was told has left me feeling like an idiot and I’m enraged. Based on that I will don’t think I’ll be going back
Had my MOT at Erith Kwikfit. Car was failed on several major faults all linked to suspension arm and drop links. However, had replaced the drop links previous year so was concerned. Took the car to another garage the next day and it passed without any problems at all. Went back to Kwikfit to question their MOT and received a hostile response. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They are a massive rip off and if I had left my car there to have the ‘faults’ rectified I would have been looking at a £600-£700 bill. BE WARNED.
Took my car for MOT to the Erith Branch and was told that before they could carry out the MOT I needed to pay for 6l of engine oil bcos the engine oil in the car was low otherwise my car engine will knock. . After the MOT, I was told there was a nail in my tyre and needed 2 buy new tyres, and front & rear break pads needed replacing as well as 2 brake discs quoting £500.
As I didn't plan to spend that amount on a 3 year old car, I said I will bring it back at the end of October.
I took it to Ancaster Nissan for full car service and was told I only need 1 tyre, and the other tyre with the nail was repaired. For the brake pads, they can still go another 15000 miles, after which they will recheck it to see if it needs replacing. The discs dont need changing at all.
In total, I paid £380 for a full service, repair of a tyre and replaced a new tyre. The same would have cost £800+ with Kwit Fit even though it was the manager that attended to me at Kwit Fit.
Took my car for MOT and was told that before they could carry out the MOT I needed to pay for 6l of engine oil bcos the engine oil in the car was low otherwise my car engine will knock. . After the MOT, I was told there was a nail in my tyre and needed 2 buy new tyres, and front & rear break pads needed replacing as well as 2 brake discs quoting £500.

Questionable MOT practices. My vehicle was failed with a list of fraudulent faults. The vehicle has since been re-tested elsewhere with NO additional works being done and has passed without incident or advisories. Make of that what you will. I will certainly not be using them again.
Watch the Kwik-Fit cowboys, thay have a habit of telling you need work done that you dont! Went to one in Norwich Norfolk thay told me I needed new track rod ends and thay must be done, went to 2 other garages and thay told me that's aload of bull, stop talking up jobs to con people out of there money. Kwik-Fits in Norwich have a reputation of ripping people off, so the best you can all do is stay away🏃‍♂️
135 GBP for a 205/60R16 HANKOOK K125 96W XL tyre.
Now I know
Many people afterwards told me that I should know the rule
Never use Kwik fit
£25 for a simple puncture repair is just taking the mickey
Unable to do MOT that had been booked and paid for. Did not rebook or provide any solutions, meaning MOT would have lapsed. Contacted customer services on 29th August and yet to receive a response.
WARNING

Be very careful of the Kwik Fit in Dunfermline on Hospital Hill. They are ripping one customer off after another. They charged me and my partner £400 (budget tyres replaced with what a joke) for 3 flat tyres and hard sell wheel alignment and tyre insurance.

Kwik Fit Head Office are paying bonuses to staff on the WHEEL ALIGNMENT SCAM and they normally say oh before you leave I'll just check your wheel alignment....Then your bill doubles!

NEVER GO TO KWIK FIT IN DUNFERMLINE and if you are a female be very careful as they are just do the hard sell on everything and put the fear into you if you challenge the bill.
Bunch of Robin bastards .do not trust
Just ripping people off left right & centre . Giving false information.and the price was unbelievable.so went to a different company on the advice off a friend.so I had one tyre .and a puncture repair which kwik fit said no . The man said just trying to sell you something the tyre is in excellent condition just a small hole .big? Kwik fit .I just saved £150.00 had excellent service and a cup of tea .Do Not Go There . support your independent garages and money in your pocket.
Kwik-Fit is rated 2.56 based on 189 reviews