Kwik-Fit Reviews

of reviewers recommend Kwik-Fit
Email, Live Chat, Telephone

Tell us how Kwik-Fit made you happy
Total let down. I scheduled my MOT online, arrived on time and the representative said they would call me in 40 - 60 min when the testing is done. They never called, I returned to Kwik Fit Bracknell shop in the evening, an hour before closing. They said the car failed MOT due to the headlights pointing too high. I told them my car was released from Service that very morning and everything was all right, and requested to see the headlight testing. They invited me into the testing garage after about 10 minutes (!) and - surprise - the lights were now pointing too low, below the mark on the testing wall. When I presented these contradictory statements to the Manager, he offered a third version: "One was pointing too high, the other was pointing too low." (!!) They admitted they made a mistake for not calling me, to tell me about the failed test and to agree with me the next step. They should not have "tried to repair" the deficiency without consulting me. Instead, they decided to leave the car for repair, explained that most likely "the only" way to remedy the defect would be new headlights (GBP 250 + labour). I thanked them, took my car to another MOT Center, where a friendly mechanic fixed "the problem" in less than 2 minutes: the bulbs in the headlights were loose. I called Kwik Fit Customer Service, explained what happened, and they returned the money no questions asked. Sadly, Kwik Fit lost three good customers.
Dreadful company, dreadful mechanics, rude, arrogant and how many tines have I had a tyre fitted from them which are not sealed properly and the tyre deflates. Countless having had company cars and tied into Lease Car Deals with them. I would never recommend any of their garages.
A generous one star, there is no zero option. Took my car for an MOT after which I got a low battery charge warning, now the battery won't charge and as a result the car will only start with a jump start. I don't know what they have done to my car but I am not going back there again
Don’t bother with mobile fitting.
This is the first time i have used kwik fit. I had a mobile appointment for 6 March at 1200 - 1730. It came to 1730 and I had not heard from anyone, i called to find out that the fitter was not coming till 18.30, quite annoyed as I had been waiting. The fitter did not come until 2030 he called before coming and informed me that he would not be able to balance my tyres. I stated I did not want the tyres fitted so late as I would not be able to check the work after it was done, the appointment was rearranged to 7 March at 0830. The fitter arrived at 9 and still was unable to balance my tyres, he said did 'they' not tell you about this, no one told me about this nor did i receive a pre call to inform me when the fitter was coming. I spoke to despatch who said that I can have the tyres fitted and someone would come to me on Monday to balance the tyres. The fitter then informed he could not complete the job as he could not put the rear tyres on the alloys. I spoke to the despatch team again who said there was nothing they could do! I then suggested taking it into the branch to have them fitted and they said they would speak to the branch and call me back, which they did not (why was it down to me to suggest such a simple solution). I called back in to ask what was happening and they said they will leave the tyres with me to take to the branch which i was frustrated to hear and said no! I came to the branch at 1200 and left ar around 4pm. All in all this process wasted two days worth of my time and ultimately my weekend! I spent a lot of time on the phone back and forth with the despatch team and trying to call the non-existent customer care team. I did not understand how this process became so complicated and how they can expect to manage customer expectations if they cannot even call to let me know that they are running late. I waited at home for the fitter from 1200 till 2030 on friday and then from 0830 to 1100 on saturday this is totally unacceptable. I had spent £560 on tyres which is a substantial amount of money in this fee I expected a professional and courteous service which I have not received to say the least. The complaints team responded to my complaint once and after speaking to me once at time where I was busy, they never came back to me. I have contacted them numerous times and they have never responded. I wish i could give zero stars
my vauxhall corsa went into kwik fit today 29.6.20 for mot. and found out that it needs a catalik converter. i was well peed off. they said to me you may as well get rid of it as its going cost moor than the cars worth. between £1000 to£2000.mycar is a 2013 plat. i got it booked in at vauxhall eden next week. ill let you know the out come. i just feel that they are ripping me off big time it just pees me of
No Show Fit... Booked the Mobile service on a Friday to come Sunday between 8am-1pm Paid for the tyres and got the confirmation from them. Sunday morning comes and I get a call from the No Show Mobile Dispatch team saying that they wont be coming and the man was unsure how I managed to book, saying that there were no available spots. Next available date- Thursday..
I'm now rushing to get the tyres on a Sunday as I have a motorway trip on Monday!

No apologies from them, didn't offer any discount or compensation. Didn't even bothered to email me a cancellation notice or a refund, so I had to call them myself to get it. Now I have to wait about 5 days to get my money back.
IF you need tyres soon go get them elsewhere!
I needed a new battery for my car, called Clevedon branch they said they did not have one. Tried Weston branch no luck there. Tried to ring Nailsea no answer so drove over. They were to busy and that was ok, so arranged for 14/05/20. I asked do you need car reg they said no. Well do you have batteries in stock? Yes, I will call you Thursday and the technician turned to leave. I said you might want to take my number then. Oh yeah. Never got a call. This is disgraceful customer service. Went back to Clevedon branch to order a battery to be told we have them in stock, I said had a delivery then? He said no we've had these type in all week. Very poor practise.
they wanted over £800 for MOT 'repairs' which turned out most were not needed -I paid less than £300 in another garage! Complete con artists, would never ever go to kwik fit again..thank god I got a second opinion
I’ve been to Kwik Fit twice in for an MOT, once last year and again last weekend. I found the staff to be friendly and informative on my last visit so I chose to go agin this year for an MOT The major reason I am leaving a little 1 star is because of the terribly misinformed information I was given about to the change in law regarding MOT failures!! With no dangerous faults on my vehicle AND 1 week remaining on my current MOT I was told that it would be ILLEGAL to drive my car on the roads as of that day INCLUDING COMMUTING TO WORK. I had 1 week remaking on my MOT and was told that branch couldn’t fix it for 2/3 weeks. I rely on my car to get me to work, I can’t afford time off. Found out today that’s not exactly correct. READ THE CHANGE IN LAW YOURSELF! I took it on good faith I was being told the correct information and it has cost me a weekend of stress, rushing around and nearly £1200 for a new car i didn’t need for repair I could have fixed for £300/£400 in the coming week! The whole experience and information I was told has left me feeling like an idiot and I’m enraged. Based on that I will don’t think I’ll be going back
Had my MOT at Erith Kwikfit. Car was failed on several major faults all linked to suspension arm and drop links. However, had replaced the drop links previous year so was concerned. Took the car to another garage the next day and it passed without any problems at all. Went back to Kwikfit to question their MOT and received a hostile response. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They are a massive rip off and if I had left my car there to have the ‘faults’ rectified I would have been looking at a £600-£700 bill. BE WARNED.
Took my car for MOT to the Erith Branch and was told that before they could carry out the MOT I needed to pay for 6l of engine oil bcos the engine oil in the car was low otherwise my car engine will knock. . After the MOT, I was told there was a nail in my tyre and needed 2 buy new tyres, and front & rear break pads needed replacing as well as 2 brake discs quoting £500.
As I didn't plan to spend that amount on a 3 year old car, I said I will bring it back at the end of October.
I took it to Ancaster Nissan for full car service and was told I only need 1 tyre, and the other tyre with the nail was repaired. For the brake pads, they can still go another 15000 miles, after which they will recheck it to see if it needs replacing. The discs dont need changing at all.
In total, I paid £380 for a full service, repair of a tyre and replaced a new tyre. The same would have cost £800+ with Kwit Fit even though it was the manager that attended to me at Kwit Fit.
Took my car for MOT and was told that before they could carry out the MOT I needed to pay for 6l of engine oil bcos the engine oil in the car was low otherwise my car engine will knock. . After the MOT, I was told there was a nail in my tyre and needed 2 buy new tyres, and front & rear break pads needed replacing as well as 2 brake discs quoting £500.

I went in for one new tyre to Kwik Fit Hendon. Three mechanics swarmed around the car, telling me I needed 4 new tires and my wheel alignment was wrong. I was having none of it, and took my car to my local garage. Turns out 3 tyres were fine, my wheel alignment was fine, and indeed all I needed was one new tyre. Never again, Kwik Fit. They exaggerated my problem to get more sales.
Booked a Service and Mot at my local Branch firstly surprised that full payment was taken 10 days before appointment and my vehicle failed its Mot on 3 issues and then had to pay a large amount to have issues resolved .I feel that I was ripped off with this work and was shown no proof of failed parts or print out on emissions failure which was one of the issues.Several people warned me about this Company after I booked it in and paid for original Service and Mot which was proved to be accurate that they find issues to over charge you most unsatisfactory would not recomendd
I popped into my local Kwik Fit Sudbury depot, for some brake pads and tyres for my stepdaughters car, both Jamie and Darren where very helpful, excellent customer service would highly recommended.
Over priced and was charged for work not carried out. I had two budget front tyres and a ‘wheel alignment’ done. I was charged for the replacement of 4 tyres rather than two and I had my car checked by a mechanic after the work was done and he confirmed that kwikfit had not carried out the wheel alignment as there was no evidence that the nut had been cracked in order to of carried out the work. The mechanic at kwikfit did not try and provide evidence of the work being carried out
Scammed my girlfriend for £400 for two budget tyres. They do the laser alignment scam here. Totally untrustworthy and said if you don’t do this you will die in accident.
Went to kwik-fit walthamstow with a puncture in my front tyre.

70 plate car, new tyres and a very small circular puncture at 90 degrees to the tyre tread.

The technician (that's a joke) took the tyre off and rolled it over to me and said "look" as if that was meant to convince me, "you need a new tyre".

I said, are you telling me it can be repaired, yes or no?

He refused to answer saying, " it might leak".

Told him to repair it. He begrudgingly did so.

He then reinflated the tyre, sprayed the puncture spot with some soapy foam and called me over. Look, it's leaking" he said as he pulled on the end of the untrimmed plug he had just pulled through the hole. In fact he had to distort the tyre rubber to make it do so.

"You need a new tyre" he persisted.

To shorten the story, the technician and the manger are crooks in my honest opinion and think that their customers are fools with no knowledge or skills.

I left in disgust and the puncture repair is fine, pressure holding at 35 psi and have been driving on it for 5 days now.

DO NOT USE KWIKFIT.
Avoid Kwik Fit Howard Street Bolton
I have had to award 1 star because I couldn’t do a review on zero stars which is how I feel .
After fitting a tyre we felt that my alloy wheel had been damaged .
Kwik Fit always photograph the wheel trims prior to doing work to be able to accurately answer any queries of damage .
This procedure produced a blurred photo which was useless - they therefore could not back up their assurances that the damage was there prior - however the manager was TOTALLY against anything we said - he said he fully backed his staff even though they hadn’t followed protocol - said they haven’t time to check if their photos are any good - we spent 1 hour trying to resolve it .
The manager - Nick Buczynskyj said he wasnt bothered about their system not being adhered to , he said his area manager Rob Jackson wasn’t bothered either .
I was very upset - it is a lovely car which I have only had 1 year .
He proposed to put my old tyre on & send me away with a damaged alloy .
He said people are “ trying it on “ all the time - hence they take photos to prevent this - well that’s a great system & would have solved this dispute immediately if they had followed their own rules .
Another good customer service line from Mr Buczynskyj was I was only upset because I was ashamed that I’d damaged my own car !!!
I am a 50+ lady who has never complained about a wheel trim ever in my driving history since age 17 and yet a young male manager of about 27 yrs old feels it is appropriate to speak to me with those demeaning words .
This upsetting and insulting experience at Howard Street Kwik Fit garage cost me £245.85
BE WARNED unless you want to risk damage to your car & also experience the worst customer service & insulting behaviour ever - then DONT CROSS THE THRESHOLD - pay more if necessary & go elsewhere - it’s worth it to avoid the upset & stress that I have been subjected to today !!!!
Kwik-Fit is rated 2.71 based on 249 reviews