Kwik-Fit Reviews

of reviewers recommend Kwik-Fit
Email, Live Chat, Telephone

Tell us how Kwik-Fit made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
they wanted over £800 for MOT 'repairs' which turned out most were not needed -I paid less than £300 in another garage! Complete con artists, would never ever go to kwik fit again..thank god I got a second opinion
I’ve been to Kwik Fit twice in for an MOT, once last year and again last weekend. I found the staff to be friendly and informative on my last visit so I chose to go agin this year for an MOT The major reason I am leaving a little 1 star is because of the terribly misinformed information I was given about to the change in law regarding MOT failures!! With no dangerous faults on my vehicle AND 1 week remaining on my current MOT I was told that it would be ILLEGAL to drive my car on the roads as of that day INCLUDING COMMUTING TO WORK. I had 1 week remaking on my MOT and was told that branch couldn’t fix it for 2/3 weeks. I rely on my car to get me to work, I can’t afford time off. Found out today that’s not exactly correct. READ THE CHANGE IN LAW YOURSELF! I took it on good faith I was being told the correct information and it has cost me a weekend of stress, rushing around and nearly £1200 for a new car i didn’t need for repair I could have fixed for £300/£400 in the coming week! The whole experience and information I was told has left me feeling like an idiot and I’m enraged. Based on that I will don’t think I’ll be going back
Had my MOT at Erith Kwikfit. Car was failed on several major faults all linked to suspension arm and drop links. However, had replaced the drop links previous year so was concerned. Took the car to another garage the next day and it passed without any problems at all. Went back to Kwikfit to question their MOT and received a hostile response. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They are a massive rip off and if I had left my car there to have the ‘faults’ rectified I would have been looking at a £600-£700 bill. BE WARNED.
Took my car for MOT to the Erith Branch and was told that before they could carry out the MOT I needed to pay for 6l of engine oil bcos the engine oil in the car was low otherwise my car engine will knock. . After the MOT, I was told there was a nail in my tyre and needed 2 buy new tyres, and front & rear break pads needed replacing as well as 2 brake discs quoting £500.
As I didn't plan to spend that amount on a 3 year old car, I said I will bring it back at the end of October.
I took it to Ancaster Nissan for full car service and was told I only need 1 tyre, and the other tyre with the nail was repaired. For the brake pads, they can still go another 15000 miles, after which they will recheck it to see if it needs replacing. The discs dont need changing at all.
In total, I paid £380 for a full service, repair of a tyre and replaced a new tyre. The same would have cost £800+ with Kwit Fit even though it was the manager that attended to me at Kwit Fit.
Took my car for MOT and was told that before they could carry out the MOT I needed to pay for 6l of engine oil bcos the engine oil in the car was low otherwise my car engine will knock. . After the MOT, I was told there was a nail in my tyre and needed 2 buy new tyres, and front & rear break pads needed replacing as well as 2 brake discs quoting £500.

My son took his car to Scunthorpe branch to have 2 tyres replaced and a spring coil....was told he needed work doing totalling around £550+ he didn’t and we had the car towed to another garage which confirmed this. I think they see a youngster and try to pull wool over their eyes. I am extremely angry at a time when it’s so difficult for people.
Went into kwik fit today to get my flat tyre sorted as I need my car for work as I work for the nhs and counted 9 staff members. Why so many during this lockdown.surely they should be reducing their staff. Spoke to mot guy and he was fully booked with most if not all being non key workers.he mentioned that most of them didn’t run out until April and that they’ve been extended 6 months from 30th of March but still doing them.surely they shouldn’t be taking on so much work during this unpredictable time. Seems they are more concerned about earning money than the welfare of their customers and staff.
I went to kwik fit branch in dewsbury for wiper blades, guys were very friendly and polite. Excellent service. 😊
Tried telling me about lots of faults on the car, there were none, confirmed with car dealership only wanted exhaust checking :: beware::: I did a google and find this is common practice bbc dailymail etc have reported similar
The AA called ahead to the Sevenoaks branch to check if they could replace a punctured tyre. The branch confirmed they had tyres in stock and could do the repair within 45 minutes. After an hour and a half at the branch I was informed they didn’t have correct tyres and I would need to come back. I declined especially after I had to tell the staff 3 times which tyre had the puncture and them arguing they knew what they were doing and I was wrong. On a positive, they did find the puncture on the third tyre they tried.
I booked to have two tyres fitted at home as I have a disability. I was quoted over £25 cheaper but would have meant going into a garage to have the work done and I didn’t feel up to that.

I booked and paid 24 hours later on Friday I got a call saying they could no longer install at home and I would need to go into the nearest garage and have to wait another 24 hours. The company that originally quoted me couldn’t get the tyres in prior so I ended up paying more money and the garage took over 75 minutes to complete the work. A total waste of my time and money. Been waiting for customer services to get back over 6 days I have heard nothing from them!!

Cheaper and more reliable companies out there stay away.
Took my car for MOT week before christmas to Kwik-Fit Birstall.
Long story short - they quoted me £700 for work which ended up costing less than £200 elsewhere!!
Will never return to Kwik-Fit.
I had a new tyre put on my car at Kwik Fit in Wrexham to which they rotated my tyres back to the correct place very kindly and grately, but ever since I drove at 70mph my steering wheel would shake, so I went back on the weekend and asked if they could take a look at the balancing and explained it was at 70mph, and the rude woman response was 'Our machines only do up to 70mph, so if your driving over that which is illegal anyway, there is nothing we can do about it.' So i explained this has never happened before to which she explained 'we have had other customer's complain about the wheel shaking, but as it's over 70mph there is nothing we can do' to which she then said they could 'check' but it's a 2 hour wait, to which i refused as the way i had just been spoken to! To which i got a second opinion who then advised me this was rubbish! I went to F1 autocentre the next day, and said the same thing to them, which there was No Problem with the 70mph 'limit', to then find out 2 of my tyres had been counter balanced and were completely off by 20! Only go to Kwik fit if you want to mess your car up or be spoken to rudely.
Booked appointment at Kwik Fit centre as i belive after hiting a curb due to careless other driver made my front wheels tracking not being safe and working correctly.. Expected that after free appoitment to check wheels allignment some correction would be done (not expected to have work done for free). arrived at the centre 10 min prior to appoitment just to be told few words only rude way that made me cancell the appoitment. When arrived, being just told ,,its going to be coupple hours.'' when asked does job takes that long on it, got told straight, ,,no , it will be coupple hours before we get you on the ramp.'' my replay was, ,,so what about making appoitment for selected time?, does that mean anything?'' to witch the response just is ,,APPOITMENTS MEANS NOTHING''. after these few words i decidet to cancel appoitment and leave. the reception guy just responded ,,ok''.
Im starting to understand all negative reviews left on kwik fit. it feels that becouse checking is free, centres just avoid doing the job at all. Leaves me with unsafe driving condition and unhappy revievws to leave
Kwik Fit Thornbury, Bradford. Absolute scam artists. Tried to charge me £1,200 for a new exhaust (without catalytic converter), 2 front budget tyres and some brake fluid. When I asked how much just for the exhaust I was quoted £625. I got all of the the work done for £320 from Calverley Autos and my brake fluid was full when I checked it. What made me really angry though was that their reception was full of vulnerable OAPs who will all have been getting scammed. I’m going to complain to Trading Standards. Avoid.
Kwik-Fit is rated 2.55 based on 95 reviews