Lexham Insurance Reviews

Documents Delivered On-time
Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Read Lexham Insurance Reviews

About Lexham Insurance:

Established in October 2000 Lexham Insurance was originally formed as a specialist broker handling Moped, Scooter and Motorcycle Insurance. The operation has rapidly expanded and now handles polices for tens of thousands of riders and drivers in the UK and Northern Ireland.

Our UK Call Centre team are highly trained and passionate about their jobs and we believe our First Class Service is unrivalled by our competitors.

01379 646504

enquiries@lexhaminsurance.co.uk

Tell us how Lexham Insurance made you happy
My motorbike was stolen and treated as a writeoff. The claim was handled by Marble Arch Claims very efficiently, and I was especially grateful to Senior Claims Adjuster Mrs Vanessa Knights for managing a slightly complicated claim really well, and keeping me fully informed about what was going on and what I should do to progress the settement.
One week to resolve my membership with the insurance company, three days to confirm my details and make the payment, I called to ask a person to confirm my details. They said that only the person who answered me could finish my process.
Three days I was trying to solve this and losing money without being able to work.
I hope it will be different
Despite having been sent a renewal quote in the post, to make payment, you have to go through a 15 minute questionaire with a call centre just so that you can pay. Why not an easier way to make payment? Apart from that no known problems with the cover provided.
I been on the phone for over 40 minutes and still no one seems to no what is going on . Do you actually want the business or do you just like to mess people about leaving them hanging on the line ?

Not impressed . Utter shambles .
Hi Martin,
I'm sorry to hear about this. Would you mind sending an email to enquiries@lexhaminsurance.co.uk with your number, and any reference you may have, and we'll get someone to contact you to sort this out?
Thanks,
Alex
First class attention to detail, very friendly and aftercare assistance exceptional. Have to add the staff at Marble Arch likewise simply the best..
Useless very little communication said they sent a credit agreement through email and never did
Outstanding customer service from Olivia! This representative went above and beyond, rectifying a poor experience I had previously had with a different representative. Olivia was extremely professional and worked with me to clearly understand my Insurance requirements and provided me with a quote. I was very happy with the customer experience and would give her 5*s. My review gives 4 because of my poor experience yesterday with Lexham where I did not receive call backs on two occasions and was told I would have fees to pay that ended up not being needed. Thank you Olivia for your help!
I’m still waiting to cancel my insurance
Sadly, I did not renew with Lexham even as a customer for three years. You quoted nearly £1000 when the same policy was available online for £360. When I applied online you put obstacles in my way and sought to rewrite the terms and conditions. No loyalty from you to a returning customer and a blatant attempt to rip me off. Also your phone service is not fit for purpose. I was cut off several times or the agent was never available. I went with someone else. Oh and by the way, you took the money off my credit card before denying me the deal. Room for improvement!!!
Won’t use this company again
I was so over priced when i had 3 year no claim bonus instead of 2 because my previous insurer refused to give me the certificate since it was more then 2 years ago. I was charged 130 pounds extra and after asking for some leniency they reduced 15pounds thats all.
No good
I sold my Honda and bought a Kawasaki same year and same engine cc and i keept for me the same details.
With Honda i drove roughly 1500 miles in 8 months
For no reason mentioned they didn't want to move my insurance to my other bike

So i lost this year ncb(i had another 4 month to complete the year).
And they charged me £60 cancellation fee.
So obviously i don't recommend this company.
Very disappointed with them😞
Hi, Sorry to see you've had a negative experience. Can you please email enquiries@lexhaminsurance.co.uk so a member of the team can look into this.
Very Good service.
Very efficient and helpful. Highly recommended.
Took over 1 hour on the phone just to add one motorcycle to my current policy, didn’t seem to have any sense of urgency even though I explained I was on a train journey, every time putting me on hold for quite a while at a time. Then wasting more time going round in circles, I had to change my tone and ask what do you need from me to insure my motorbike as I was getting delayed, and when I tried to say that it was taking too long and I had to go on the tube he basically said “what do you want to do?” Meaning I either wait or have to start over later not even given me an option to call back and carry on or anything. I have insured bikes many times never taken so much of my time and my customer needs weren’t met. Customer service and reassurance was not there. Will be looking to change insurance providers.
Staff were rude illegally cancelled policy and refuse to speak to anyone or provide information for ombudsman complaint
too expensive, lack of support from customer service.
very poor service
Went through a comparison site and chose lexham as my son had used them before. Didn’t state anywhere that 1 year of his NCD was not valid as it was on a car, then had to pay a further £144 on top of the almost £600 we had already paid. This did not then make them comparable to other insurance companies, i would have used an alternate company for cheaper if we would have known this.
Hi Jo,
Thanks for your review. Whilst the quote may have been from a comparison site, all of our policies are set up direct on our website. Before setting anything up you have to read through the important information and tick boxes to confirm you have read each section - the 'No Claims Bonus (NCB)' section states: "If you claim any NCB, this must relate to bike insurance (not car) (...)".
If you would like to discuss this further, please email us: enquiries@lexhaminsurance.co.uk
Thanks,
Alex
Take money way to early from your bank then charge you fees , fees I can’t afford I’m scrapping the barrel as it is just paying the £60+ a month on a 125 Tammy bike 2017 and iv been riding since I was 5 I was told it was expensive as my bike is one of the most stolen on the road and that was there excuse . I’ll never use them again especially after putting charges on my account because they took the money to early before I even got paid I spoke to a lady about when I got paid and she said it would be fine that’s why I picked the 4th of every month !
Awfull company screenshot everything because they will lie and screw you over herd from ppl b4 and didn't listen but it happened 2 me too go with mce instead
Lexham Insurance is rated 4.31 based on 2,824 reviews