Lexham Insurance Reviews

83% of reviewers recommend Lexham Insurance

About Lexham Insurance: Established in October 2000 Lexham Insurance was originally formed as a specialist broker handling Moped, Scooter and Motorcycle Insurance. The operation has rapidly expanded and now handles polices for tens of thousands of riders and drivers in the UK and Northern Ireland.

Our UK Call Centre team are highly trained and passionate about their jobs and we believe our First Class Service is unrivalled by our competitors.

01379 646504

enquiries@lexhaminsurance.co.uk

Tell us how Lexham Insurance made you happy

documents delivered on-time
Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Under an hour
customer service
"Very helpful, knowledgeable and competitively priced"
"Absolute rubbish. Awful customer service and clueless. The only person who knew what was going on was in the cancellations team, hardly surprising as I imagine they deal with most customers"
"Bad service..."
"AVOID LEXHAM AT ALL COSTS I took my policy out monthly which was outsourced by a loan company. My motorcycle was valued at £2500 when I claimed for theft only 2 months after i had bought the bike. When I made my claim I had to wait a full MONTH for the paperwork to continue my claim. In the meantime i had to find transport elsewhere by either using public transport or friends which is expensive enough as it is. When Lexham FINALLY continued with my claim after sending them all my documents and keys, etc, they then decided to pay me out. They explained that it would be £2000 less my excess of £700 which I knew from the start, so that left me with £1300. They then explained that they would need to take an extra £1000 to pay for the rest of my loan!!! This is equivalent to paying for 6 months of insurance that I will never be able to use!! This ends up leaving me with just over £200 which is only about a third of the value of my bike!?!?!? whatever you do, do not take out insurance with Lexham unless you don't mind being ripped off!!"
"bad service"
"Shocking on every level after 2 years trying to renew for the 3rd year!"
"I find it ridiculous that every year i need to pay more for my insurance when the value of the motorbike has decreased and I've never done any claims. It's supposed to decrease and not increase. Also, the fact that the "position title" impacts the price of the insurance is also discriminatory."
"Dreadful, disgraceful, shouldn’t be allowed to trade!"
"I was sold the policy I wanted with a named rider then week later told it’s only valid if the main rider has an accident and not the named rider, after 2 weeks tried to cancel police and the 3 weeks cover cost me over a 3rd of original quote😲"
"Keep Away. Was told I would put my 5 years no claims onto it but the customer service agent didn't inform me it needed to be on the bike. Also when sending out the policy documents, the agent on my call, couldn't even wait 2 mins for the email to arrive for me to check to confirm. Its a shame as lexham is a well-known brand when buying bike insurance. I doubt I will buy insurance from this company again."
"Watch out double check your agreements every month they change your agreement without you knowing"
"hello, I did the insurance with you and I was not very happy with the result, I filed for parts and theft, and finally it was only for social parts, I requested the change again and informed me that they would not return the money that had already paid"
"42£ in administration fees for changing my address - I spoke with the guy for 4 minutes. What a joke. This is very bad customer services!"
"Today 07/21/2019 I suffered a puncture at 120 miles in my house, I called the Recovery and they denied the help because they did not have my file, claiming that the insurance had not passed my date, that I had I had to wait until Monday when the offices were open to call and that politically they could only pick up my bike and me 10 miles from my house, When I went to check the Recovery policy I got an error and I could not access the PDF with the terms and conditions, they asked me for a card and they gave me a budget of 300 pounds if they wanted to pick me up. The first time I see such a poor management of insurance, not professionalism, I will take legal action I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT"
"Joined the first year for a decent price. The following year my premium was jacked up by 150 quid, went from 350 to 500. Phoned up and got no real reason why. Went somewhere else got it for 350 again and it was with the same insurance company as the Lexham policy."
"Between yourselves, Plantec and Marble Arch you have scammed me into paying the full excess as you wouldn't replace the bike until paid but as it was a 50/50 claim we deserve half of the £825 excess back. I have asked endless times but getting cocked about. I will now start a small claim through the courts."
"Poor and very slow customer service ,very non professional, rude staff,phone staff should be replaced specially the man."
"This insurance company makes me seriously worried 😯"
"delay to send the documents !!!!!"
"Lexham avoid at all costs. They are actually loaning you for a years I insurance so no matter what happens even if your bike is stolen they will ask for the reminder of the 'loan' policy no matter what so even if your policy lets you claim they will deduct the years 'loan' ammount worst company I've been with read the clause they are a rip off if you have no problems it seems ok but if you want to cancel they say you took a loan agreement with them!!! Honestly so bad"
Lexham Insurance is rated 4.32 based on 2,317 reviews