Lexham Insurance Reviews

83% of reviewers recommend Lexham Insurance

About Lexham Insurance: Established in October 2000 Lexham Insurance was originally formed as a specialist broker handling Moped, Scooter and Motorcycle Insurance. The operation has rapidly expanded and now handles polices for tens of thousands of riders and drivers in the UK and Northern Ireland.

Our UK Call Centre team are highly trained and passionate about their jobs and we believe our First Class Service is unrivalled by our competitors.

01379 646504

enquiries@lexhaminsurance.co.uk

Tell us how Lexham Insurance made you happy

documents delivered on-time
Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Under an hour
customer service
"Having to call you to discuss our renewal is ridiculous. We are in 2019, please have it done thru the web."
"Absolutely horrendous to get hold of, but offer cheap deals and were quite helpful in the end but ring them at your peril"
"My previous premium was 120 pounds for a scooter, now it went up to 170 (same circumstances). This is way too much, 40% increase?! When asked them to send me a copy of licence in a different format than txt (which my computer does not read) they sent me again a copy in txt format."
"Just found them to be very expensive and try to milk every last penny whilst having extremely high excess charges too. If I lose my vehicle through theft the excess is so high that I still lose! What is the point of insurance in this case??? All insurances are legalised theft for the normal honest hard working people!"
"I’m really disappointed. I sent two emails fews days ago and anyone replied. I’m waiting for my certificate of insurance one week and I did receive yet. I called and they said you need to wait."
"I've not received my policy documents"
"The first payment will be taken in two to three weeks? Have you taken complete leave of your senses? I took the policy out on the 22nd, then suddenly money comes out on the 11th of next month? Why? Every other company seems to do just fine with a month! You’re just weird. What an arbitrary way to do it."
"Paid around £900 for a 125cc cbf. third party only. Then upgraded to a YZFr125 which they decided to charge me an extra £500 for + fees. Bike got stolen so I cancelled the insurance after 7 months, and they only refunded me £250. Not to mention having to wait HOURS for someone to pick up."
"Competitive quotes, however the online web document system is unusable, continual errors 404 server not found when trying to download documents. Whether using a PC, phone or tablet."
"Lexham Internet setup kept failing and the password given to access paperwork portal doesnt work, I am having an S7 Thatcham approved trakrecovery device fitted but this didnt show up on Lexhams list of security devices, after getting this insurance set up Lexham said it only acknowledges that if simply devices are not fitted then insurance is void, a tracker of this expense would help to recover a stolen machine and avoid a payout? Device to be fitted is an OXFORD TRACKER VANTAGE also Datatag next year I will be asking around to find insurance that acknowledges these security devices and lowers its rates, so you get a POOR rating for ease of set up, poor internet service and refusal to lower rates when expensive devices are fitted to avoid theft and recover if stolen."
"a expensive insurance company"
"Way to cumbersome to renew the policy, on the phone for ages. you need to change this - send the contract in writing - then we can sigh,"
"Not very good! So far I have had no one contact me, Nor have I had any paper work or emails come through about my policy yet? I need more communication."
"Product is ok, shame the web site didn't perform as it should, after linking in from Compare the market it allowed me to buy policy without opening an account! then asked me to log in to see documents! Because I didn't create an account the forgotten password dosent work! Live Talk - no response, call back worked and they sent documents in email and temporarily set my password. So good recovery but need to work out the bugs."
"Phone line is very poor not picking up easy . staff talks like they don’t care not sorting the problem easily. Plus if you asked for same discount or asked why my insurance getting more expensive this year then last year was cheaper staff will easily say get it from other companies 😒"
"very harsh on no claims bonus be carefull"
"They sent me somebody elses documents. I'd never heard of them. I asked them to remove my email address from their system. They then ask me to review the service by emailing me. Draw your own conclusions."
"Cheapish price but their booking fees are crazy almost £50 and for what? No idea how the insurance is and hopefully won't ever have to find out."
"My son's bike got stolen and didn't have enough money to buy another one his access was 500 so wasn't worth claiming on bike so phoned up they said if wanted to cancell it it was 30 pound cheaper than paying it of in full wouldn't freeze insurance or refund the 10 months what was left disgracefull"
"Good for my smaller bike. 2X nearest competition for larger bike. So have 2 separate policies with different insurers when only I can ride one,"
Lexham Insurance is rated 4.31 based on 2,330 reviews