Loot Crate Reviews

02AM
2AM

Popular Questions:

Delivery

How does Loot Crate deliver?

How can I contact Loot Crate?

elijah.hurwitz@lootcrate.com

3401 Pasadena Ave

Category:
Monthly Box Delivering Co's.

Tell us how Loot Crate made you happy

"I had a 6 month subscription for my daughter and she asked to have it renewed as one of her Christmas presents. The 6 month subscription she had was to renew January 23 so I hit the upgrade button because they had a sale at the time and I wanted the discount. You would think that would mean that AFTER the 6 month subscription was over that the new one would start. NO...THAT IS NOT THE CASE. I received 2 boxes in December and they changed my renewal date to Dec 5 2018. I am still trying to figure the date out. I emailed customer service and the first response was that they were sorry but I should have waited until my subscription was over. I would receive 2 boxes until my old subscription is over. WHAT? That makes no sense at all. I RENEWED an existing subscription, why would I want duplicate boxes and for the subscription to end a month earlier than it should be? I told them I was not happy with this and the second email told me when I received the box, to refuse it and they would give me credit for it. Ummmm....The first email I sent CLEARLY stated I received 2 boxes. How could I refuse something that I already received and how would I know there was a problem if I did not receive it? I have looked in their terms and nowhere does it state not to renew early. I am sure that they will find another excuse to cheat me so I'm done with Lootcrate after this subscription is over. I would not have renewed this in the first place but my kid loves getting her surprise box every month even though they are coming later and later and the items are not nearly what they were when we started."
Are you Loot Crate? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"We switched after Nerdbloc went out of business. I got my husband a six month subscription I will not be renewing. We have the gamer box. The first box we received was full of promotional material for a game being released that my husband had no interest in. 5 of 6 of the items were literally an advertisement except we paid for them. The sixth item was a pin. The next box was admittedly a little more varied and better. The third box was an entire month late and not worth the wait. The fourth box is a month late again and we're still waiting. In all this time my mailbox is bombarded by emails of Lootcrate trying to sell me stuff. They can't even provide what I already bought"
"I had 7 subscriptions to loot crate for many years. I decided to cancel them all because I really wasn't getting any interesting items for many months in any of the crates. When I canceled them Tony G said he was in the process of canceling them all. Well he canceled three of them and didn't do the rest for some reason. I sent a email asking why and a Robbie S. emailed me back and said that was a one time courtesy for me. Which i was thankful for but I asked him what happened to the other 4 refund subscriptions and heard nothing. But let me make sure this is clear . I started this process mid november and it is at the end of December. I had to send many many emails also and I never got those other four refunds.I would never recommend loot crate to anyone. I am also going to negatively review loot crate on as many sites I can. Also Robbie S sent me a snarky email back. Real professional over a few dollars."
"My dad got lootcrates for a bit on his account, and then when he passed they started charging my mom's account (they were divorced, and ergo separate bank accounts but my mom's was still a joint) without her knowing. When we found out and mentioned what happened, they wouldn't refund us anything and just cancelled the subscription. We were lucky they agreed to it no problem, but the fact that someone was still getting charged after he passed away was criminal. As for the actual content of each crate, it's hit or miss, mostly miss, and you can tell sometimes you're getting 'shovelware' or something that clearly no one wanted to buy, so they threw the supplies in the crates."
"I had previously ordered from Loot Crate's Vault store, and was fine with my purchases. So I was quite excited when they offered a 55% off Black Friday sale, and placed another order, thinking I was getting a great deal. I continued to feel pleased with myself for all of 48 hours, when they start peppering my email with 70% off Cyber Monday ads. I look at the site again, and barring one item that had gone out of stock, every single thing I ordered was now signifigantly cheaper. Now, I totally understand that discounts change from sale to sale, and I don't get mad when something I bought a couple of weeks back goes on sale for a better price. But this was literally two days apart. My purchased items had not even been put in a shipping box yet, and yet anyone buying them now was getting a way better price. And clearly this was a preplanned set of sales, being such a huge shopping weekend. I feel totally ripped off. I really don't expect most decent retailers to pull that stunt; let's be honest, Black Friday and Cyber Monday are pretty much the same deal at a lot of places, with "extended Black Friday sales", etc. Or different sets of items or services will be sold during each sale. I did do quite a bit of shopping this holiday, and out of all the places I made purchases, only one other place pulled the same thing. So I contacted customer service for both the other retailer and Loot Crate, and asked for the current sale prices to be honoured on my just purchased, not even processed orders. The other seller (Airbiotics) promptly refunded the discrepancy in price to me without fuss, which was great. Loot Crate/Vault responded that they can't change orders or do anything regarding the price... On the items I overpaid for... that are sitting in their warehouse... that they are right that second selling to others much more cheaply. It's pretty insulting, especially as a returning customer making moderate sized orders. If I had known they would be so crummy on the customer service front, I would have reordered the items I originally ordered with some additional items, and had the initial order canceled. Except I did not know if it was even possible to cancel an order, I didn't want to lose my whole order (as some items are for gifts), and I also did not want to get stuck with a whole doubled order. I couldn't find anything helpful in their published info, and there is no one to call for customer service, so I was stuck waiting for a response to my email request. Which ended up being deeply unsatisfying. Obviously they are within their legal rights, but I really don't like feeling like a gambler or a sucker getting played when I make a "sale" purchase from a retailer. Retailers that have either the same sale or different on sale items across the Black Friday weekend are fine and expected. Retailers that honour major drops in price on recently (2 days!) purchased items (Airbiotics, NYX, Target; to name a few I have had good experience with) make me feel like they care about customer service and retention, and that they want their customers to walk away satisfied. I took away the exact opposite feeling from my purchase from Loot Vault; like I was scammed out of some extra money and that they don't care if I walk away happy. After initially feeling like I would be checking them out for fun items on the regular, I am now really disinclined to ever buy from them again, and would only recommend others purchase from them at their absolute rock bottom prices (I mean, I am pretty sure this is all just overstock items from their subsciption service anyway). And don't buy from them on Black Friday 'cause you will be ripped off come Monday."
"I still haven't received my January 2017 D&D hoodie. It's now mid-July. Multiple mails to customer service and NADA."
"Lied To US. We were told several Months ago they would send us bonus loot with our next crate. Next crate they did not send any. They will now probably say they put MAY win after they recently changed it. It clearly said WILL receive. Will not ever get Lootcrate again until I receive the two bonus loot pieces promised."
"I started the subscription for my son about two years ago and back then, it was great! The 'crate' was packed full of interesting and exciting collectables. However, the merchandise selection seems to be steadily declining, to the point of my deciding to cancel the subscription. For example, my son's crate arrived yesterday. Inside was a t-shirt, a small, rather cheap Star Wars themed colouring book, a packet of 'Loot Crate brand' coloured pencils, a pin, some patches and a figurine of Rocket Racoon. I would say the value of the items would be around $30AUD, less then my monthly subscription. Opening the Loot Crate used to be an exciting event for all the family - now it's a passing glance with most of the items left on the kitchen table. I mean, a colouring book with Loot Crate pencils - that's what did it for me. Maybe at 13, my son is too old for Loot Crate? Although I took took out the subscrition upon the advice of Podcaster Tom from The Complete Guide (still funny after all these years), I'm pretty sure this Podcast is not meant for the under 15's. Anyway, very sad to see the decline of what was once a fantastic monthly treat. I must add that when a crate went AWOL last year, the customer service team dispatched a replacement right away, no problems, and I was very grateful."
"Quality and selection of items were good, but late shipping 3 months in a row and poor communication led to canceling my subscription"
"I really enjoyed getting Loot Crate when I first signed up, but over the past year they keep adding more and more boxes. It seems with each new type of crate they offer the quality of the existing crates drops. I can think of 10 different crates off of the top of my head. It's too much. I would rather give my money to a company who does one or two things really well. I've cancelled my subscription and will be receiving my last box in October. I have already switched to two new subscription services where I feel my money will be better spent."
Loot Crate is rated 3.03 based on 481 reviews