My Food Bag Reviews

of reviewers recommend My Food Bag
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Read My Food Bag Reviews

About My Food Bag:

We're your answer to "what's for dinner?" with fresh ingredients and easy recipes to cook delicious dinners, delivered to you.

hello@myfoodbag.co.nz

My Food Bag 5 star review on 28th April 2021
Karyn
My Food Bag 5 star review on 7th April 2021
Sue
My Food Bag 5 star review on 7th April 2021
Nicole
Amee
Fresh ingredients, easy to make, tasty sauces and marinades. Good variety of meals to choose from in My Choice.
(My Choice (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 week ago
Hi Georgia! Thank you so much for your lovely feedback! We are so stoked to hear you are loving these meals! Have a great rest of your day, Happy Cooking! Ally Avocado 🥑
I enjoy the size of the meals and that thought has gone into the calories as I like to eat healthy
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 week ago
Hi Feiona! We are so happy to hear that you are loving these meals ❤ Kindest, -Ally Avocado 🥑
We love My Food Bag! In recent months since we started selecting our choice, receiving the wonderful fresh produce, deciding what to have for dinner, having all of the ingredients, and easy steps to follow, has made life so much easier! The meals are amazing, easy to prepare and delicious! We are very happy and love the convenience while eating high quality gourmet meals! As foodies and people who love to cook, we thank you!
(My Choice (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 week ago
Hi Carolyn! Oh, this is so lovely to read. We are so happy to hear that our product is fitting in with your busy lifestyle. Happy Cooking! Ally Avocado 🥑
Excellent taste and great variety of meals. All nutritionally balanced and delivered right to the door. Couldn’t ask for anything better
(My Plant Based Bag (4 Nights For 4)) - Posted 1 week ago
Hi Sally! We are stoked to hear you are loving your meals 😊 Kindest, -Ally Avocado 🥑
The food is really nice, with top quality products. The delivery times are flexible and meet today's changing situations. The app works well allowing management of your account easy. We have had other food boxes and found these to suit us the best.
(My Choice (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 week ago
Hi Paul! Thank you so much for your lovely review. It is great to hear that you are enjoying your Food bag! Happy Cooking! -Ally Avocado 🥑
I enjoy the constant variety in the meals to choose from; these options push me into cooking recipes that I might not normally go for and I am always pleasantly surprised. The quality of the ingredients is usually very good. I like the clarification that came through about how to recycle all elements of the packaging.
(My Choice (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 week ago
Kia ora Matt, thanks so much for your review! It's awesome to hear our recipes have offered you with some great variety and new flavours! Happy cooking 😊 - Frankie Frankfurter 🌭
We love fresh start but would like to be able to choose the meals
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Hi Maria! We agree that being able to select your meals is a huge plus. Our My Choice bag offers this, and will always include a range of Fresh Start meals each week, along with some options from our Made and Classic range. You can find more information about this here: https://www.myfoodbag.co.nz/my-choice. If you have any queries, don't hesitate to sing out :) - Dan Dijon 🍯
We have enjoyed our food bag and are always surprised at the menus. Before we got the Food Bag I was cooking the same dull meals week after week. It was my husband who suggested we try May Food Bag and it's great. One positive thing is we now cook together for a change. Thank you food bag
(My Choice (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Hi Rosemary! It is so lovely to hear that My Food Bag has given you both a chance to cook together, it is always more enjoyable with a partner :) -Dan Dijon 🍯
Love not having to think what to cook during the working week, very tasty 😋
(My Choice (3 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Hi Jade! Thank you for your lovely review! We are so happy that our meals are helping you through the week with your busy schedule! Have a wonderful rest of your day, Ally Avocado 🥑
Some of the plant based menus don't have enough protein
(My Plant Based Bag (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Hi Scott! Thank you so much for your feedback. We base our protein servings on the Ministry of Health guidelines, however, we definitely take your feedback seriously about this, and I have passed it over to our test kitchen and supply team, as we definitely want our lovely customers to feel full and satisfied at the end of a meal. If you have any further concerns, please feel free to email us on hello@myfoodbag.co.nz. Happy Cooking! Ally Avocado 🥑
Love the plant based bags. The recipes are fresh, healthy, interesting and delicious. Instructions could maybe be a bit clearer according to my partner but that’s men haha. Love love that it’s so easy to make vegan meals without the headache ☺️
(My Plant Based Bag (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Hi Bree! Thank you for your wonderful feedback - we will certainly pass this on! Happy Cooking, Ally Avocado 🥑
Absolutely love that I decided to go on this challenge. Since my Mum died 18 months ago my weight piled on. Comfort food was my go to. So after having to lie on our bed to do my jeans up... enough was enough. Now thanks to you all I have dropped 2 jeans sizes and now need a belt to hold up my jeans and have given the biggest jeans away and now buying new ones. My husband is soo happy and so am I. The food is amazing and I’ve tried foods I’d never dream of eating. The flavours are amazing. I’m so happy, so healthy and I certainly love my new jeans. Thanks team your bloody amazing 🥰🥰
(Fresh Start (5 Meals For 1)) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Hi Kerri! Oh, we are so happy to hear this! It is wonderful news and we are just stoked that you are loving the meals and making positive health choices, Congratulations for reaching your goals! Kindest, -Ally Avocado 🥑
We have been receiving the plant based food bag for 8 weeks. We have been so impressed by the quality and variety we cant stop. We have never had the same meal twice. The meals for 2 are huge. We feed 3 adults and usually have enough for 1 persons lunch. We went plant based to make a difference to my husband's cholesterol but it had changed our lives and health. We feel like were eating restaurant meals ever night. Cant imagine stopping
(My Plant Based Bag (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Hi Wendy! Oh wow - thank you so much, this review has made our day! We love to hear from our Foodies and to hear that our products have changed your health for the better is truly brilliant news. Happy Cooking! Ally Avocado 🥑
Great recipes and variety. Love it!
(My Choice (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Thank you Belinda! We are so stoked that you are loving your meals each week ❤ Kindest, Ally Avocado 🥑
I get the My Food Bag vegetarian, and we've been very happy with it. The recipes are interesting and varied, and easy to follow. We find the portion sizes are very generous, so we always have left overs for the next day
(My Veggie (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your amazing feedback Liz! Happy Cooking 😀🍽 Kindest, Ally Avocado 🥑
Food/meals are amazing. Love how you can pick your own. Only one small gripe is that every week either tomatoes or small little of yoghurt are squashed. They are always at the bottom of box (tomatoes) and then the bag of fridge stuff chucked in top and squash them. Last bag yoghurt potter squashed. Otherwise so easy and fuss free no thinking meals
(My Choice (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Hi Raewyn! Thank you for your amazing feedback - we are so stoked that you are loving your meals but I am sorry to hear that some items have been damaged in your recent deliveries. Please send us an email at hello@myfoodbag.co.nz and we will be able to assist further. Kindest, -Ally Avocado 🥑
great but would love for you to do 3 and 4 night 1 person fresh start boxes
(Fresh Start (5 Meals For 1)) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Hi Victoria! Thank you for your lovely feedback - we are so happy to hear you are loving the meals. Unfortunately we currently do not offer the option for less nights per week with our Fresh Start Bags. 5 Nights was chosen based on market research and customer surveys which resulted in responses for 5 nights to help Foodies keep on track with their health, wellness and weight loss goals each week. While our Fresh Start bags are currently only available for 5 nights, we are always open to feedback and will definitely pass on your request to our development kitchen for the offer of less nights a week as we are always working to improve our products and provide our Foodies with what they want :) Kindest, Ally Avocado 🥑
To be honest I really love the food choices. What has spoiled the food bags for me is quality control. I have been using them for about 3 months now, after using an opposition for about a year and falling tired of similar meals all the time. I like the options and the ability to have a heat and eat style meal for those busy nights. The thing that's let it down are these issues I have had in the last 3 months. Package split open on my door step from poor tapping of the box. Chicken split open and bled over other items in bag, steak in another bag. The sealing of meat is poor and the meal I am cooking tonight I can see a split in the package. Missing cooking instructions for a meal on two occasions. Also a few ingredients on the verge of freshness, so by time the week is out sometimes having to throw some items out. As I said, happy with the meals... But the delivering of the meals to my fridge and overall quality needs work. Speaking from someone who really enjoyed your major competition, but grew tired of cooking every meal in garlic every night.
(My Choice (4 Nights For 4)) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Kia ora Jason, thank you so much for this feedback! We really value hearing from our Foodies as it helps us identify areas we need to improve in! It is disappointing to hear you have had some ongoing issues with your deliveries recently, especially in regards to split meat packaging. If you haven't already, do get in touch with our Customer Love team as we are always happy to help ensure your feedback is passed onto the relevant teams and work towards a solution. It is otherwise great to hear you have been enjoying the diverse range of quick and delicious meals we offer. Thank you again for the review and your support 🙂 - The My Food Bag Foodies ❤
Meals are easy and taste great! Always looking forward to cooking and eating dinner now.
(My Plant Based Bag (4 Nights For 4)) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Thank you Ethan! We are so happy to hear that you are loving these meals! Happy Cooking, Ally Avocado 🥑
The recipes and ingredients are good however the way the product arrives is below standard. Packaging is bad, sometimes the box is not sealed properly. The ingredients are just chucked in the box all in a mess. Every time cherry tomatoes are supplied they quite often get squashed by the other ingredients. The box is nearly split when it's delivered and sometimes the box is already half open due to rough handling.
(My Choice (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Hi Joey, thanks for getting in touch with your feedback. We do take our packing and quality seriously so to hear you have had this experience is so disappointing. We follow up with our team on any instances of packing and quality errors so if you haven't already let our Customer Love team know pop us an email at Hello@myfoodbag.co.nz so we can follow up. -My Food Bag Team
My Food Bag is rated 4.71 based on 2,493 reviews