My Food Bag Reviews

of reviewers recommend My Food Bag
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Read My Food Bag Reviews

About My Food Bag:

We're your answer to "what's for dinner?" with fresh ingredients and easy recipes to cook delicious dinners, delivered to you.

hello@myfoodbag.co.nz

I love that I dont have to plan or shop for meals, and minimum prep and cooking times. My partner is enjoying the variety of food and tastes, but still plenty of organic meat for him and veg for me. Easy to skip or change to a different plan. Christmas is sorted Christmas menu ordered. My FoodBag is an all round winner for us.
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 week ago
Some amazing some just ok
(My Choice (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 week ago
Kia ora Jen,

Thanks for your review!

Its so nice to hear that you have found some of our recipes amazing :) We always appreciate hearing all feedback good or bad, as it lets us know what we can change moving forward.

Don't forget to login to your account and rate your recipes - this feedback goes directly to our Development Kitchen team and helps them to plan future menus. We hope you enjoyed the other recipes this week and thank you again for the feedback 😊

-Angie Allspice
It’s great having a really tasty meal each night, it only takes 30 mins, and it has forced me into a great routine, I’ve never been a cook, my best effort used to be pasta in sauce at the last minute.

Great value for money, I have left overs for my lunch the following day. My favourite are the fish dishes, but I’m enjoying everything.
(Fresh Start (5 Meals For 1)) - Posted 1 week ago
I have been getting my food bag for a while the last 3 orders i have been really upset about the quality of vegs and some of the meat which is quite stale . i wonder what you have to say about this when first ordering quality was of a much higher standard . this is not really on as the price is high so quality also should be L Sloan.
(My Gourmet (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 week ago
Kia ora Lyndia,

Thanks for your review!

It is disappointing to hear that you have noticed a drop in quality.
The whole point of My Food Bag is about convenience and we definitely don't want our Foodies to have to make any unexpected, last-minute trips to the supermarket to replace any ingredients that have fallen short of the mark on our end.

Whenever something like this happens, a note is made on to your account so the wider team can follow up with the relevant departments. Our Customer Love Team will always do their best to try and make it up to our foodies as well!

Feel free to pop us an email to hello@myfoodbag.co.nz if you wish to discuss this further :)

-Angie Allspice
We have been receiving 'My Choice" from My Food Bag for a couple of months now - all products are super fresh , recipes are easy to follow and portions size is good. We like that you can recycle packaging and that changes can be made easily in the App.
(My Choice (4 Nights For 4)) - Posted 2 weeks ago
We moved over to My Foodbag as it suited us better. We wanted 3 meals covered for 2 people and we wanted healthy options. What we love is that the fish options are frequent and the ready meals a bonus. The vegetables are also very generous and the flavours awesome. Thank you and keep up the good work. BTW the occasional freebie new product in the bag is a real treat and surprise as well..........we will be staying with you.
(My Choice (3 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 weeks ago
On arrival my frozen foods are always thawed. They have travelled over night and the ice blocks have melted. We always eat these meals first, but it would be safer if this did not happen. There were too many foods with spices and chilli in the bag we first chose. As I am not able to eat chilli I changed to "Choice" to be able to choose foods that are more suitable for me. I have been pleased with my first delivery and will continue with this bag in future. Otherwise I am thrilled with the quality of the food and the service provided and am sure things can only improve as I learn to use the services you provide. My parcel is delivered on Mondays. Are my deliveries able to be changed to a Sunday delivery?
I will add I will be 89 years old after Christmas and as I am quite new with using a laptop, things can only improve from my end. Many thanks, Florence.
(My Choice (4 Nights For 4)) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Kia ora Florence,

Thanks for your review! We are so glad to hear that the My Choice Bag is suiting your needs so far :)

Proteins all arrive fresh and are not pre frozen. The peas and corn are expected to defrost while travelling to your door, as the ice packs are designed to keep our items chilled, not frozen. Even if these arrive partially or completely defrosted, we advise to store them in your fridge or freezer until needed to be cooked, they will last to the meal they are needed for :)

Our suppliers have notified us that the ‘do not refreeze’ label is only included because sometimes re-freezing can take away the nutritional value and quality of the produce. However this does not affect the safety of the product and they are absolutely safe to consume once they have been cooked using boiling water, etc.

Please pop us an email to hello@myfoodbag.co.nz and we can pull up your account and see if a Sunday delivery is an option in your area.

-The My Food Bag Team
Fantastic My Food Bag. I had an operation on both my feet on the 25th August. Was so concerned how I would cope as my husband had dinners cooked by moi for 40 years. He took to My Food Bag like a duck to water. The recipes were varied and easy to follow. Had a few funny moments initially but he got the hang of it. We haven’t looked back. Decided it was cheaper and easier for us to continue on. Converted customers.
(My Choice (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Love having restaurant quality meals for dinner every night, and they’re easy and quick to make.
(My Choice (3 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 weeks ago
We love getting our fresh start box each week. The hard work is done and we can just go through the recipe steps on autopilot. So healthy and yummy. I don’t think we will ever stop!
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Good variety and enjoy the choice.
(My Choice (3 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 weeks ago
We enjoy the variety, simplicity, sustainability, convenience and taste of Your meals. Yum!
(My Plant Based Bag (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 weeks ago
The best decision I have made in 2020! The service is exceptional. We have MY CHOICE bag and the variety of choices is excellent. The quality of the produce is excellent. I don’t waste money at the supermarket and we are all enjoying the simple and tasty menus. Thank you MFB⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
(My Choice (3 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 weeks ago
I love the variety of food in MFB and the opportunity to try new ingredients and products that I have only seen in restaurants or cafes. During Covid lockdown I completely lost my cooking mojo so decided to try MFB to get some inspiration. One of the best things about MFB is not having to shop at a supermarket for dinner anymore, I have more free time.
(My Choice (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 weeks ago
I have learned so much from My Food Bag - We've tried many new foods, and cooked others in new ways. Our portion sizes are healthier and there is zero waste.
(My Choice (3 Nights For 2)) - Posted 3 weeks ago
I love being able to choose my menu, it's such a good idea.
Really enjoying the tasty, healthy, and easy to pop together meals.
(My Choice (3 Nights For 2)) - Posted 3 weeks ago
We Love the my food bag fresh start. Nice tasting easy recipes and so far a weight loss of 15kgs for me and 5kgs for my partner. We are so impressed with how well this as worked for us.
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Loving the Fresh Start boxes. Yummy food, quick and easy to prepare and I’ve lost 7 kgs!!
(Fresh Start (5 Meals For 1)) - Posted 3 weeks ago
My food bag has changed our lives. When I went back to work after being made redundant something had to change so we gave my food bag a go. We do the my choice 5 nights a week and its a godsend. Not having to think about what to have for dinner each night made such a difference to our attitudes after a long day. We are hooked! We also end up saving money too as we don't buy excess bits we don't need and the best part is that my hubby is cooking more!!
(My Choice (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 3 weeks ago
My partner is learning to cook more than just Nachos😄
It has cut my workload down considerably! I work part-time & have 2 young boys, now I have time to breath🧘
And we're eating amazing food
(My Choice (3 Nights For 4)) - Posted 3 weeks ago