Next Reviews

Returns Process
Could Be Better
Read Next Reviews

info@next.co.uk

Tell us how Next made you happy
Next 5 star review on 3rd November 2022
Next 1 star review on 3rd August 2022
Next 2 star review on 30th July 2022
Mark Turner
Next 1 star review on 19th April 2022
I visited the next clearance store in mcarther glen bridgend on January the 26th 2024 and was appalled by the lack of good customer service they had. Staff appear cold, uninterested and extremely rude. They were un approachable and when actually approached were short and unfriendly. I have visited other next stores and have had fantastic customer service so was shocked to have been welcomed by this kind of behaviour from such a well reputable store who pride themselves on good customer service. I will not be re visiting and would not rexommend anyone else do either unless you'd like to be looked down your nose at and judged.
I visited your Merthyr Tydfil store over a week ago to purchase jeans you didn’t have the size I wanted the sales assistant Callum was extremely helpful he checked stock else where & online
All of it poor service actually zero service
Account in credit (my money) and was refused to buy an item in store because there is apparently a hold on my account! I could buy there online and order for home delivery but they couldn’t sell me it at the counter! Staff shouted that my account was on hold, turned the screen around for the queue to see and called a manager over who was less than helpful. I emailed Next to complain, their response your account is in credit please call us to refund or we’ll keep it in your account, nothing else ! Abdominal service. To add, they changed their unlimited delivery and returns contracts so now even though you purchased for both theyonly deliver for free and now charge for returns!
I bought the Gosford 4 seater sofa, unfortunately the seat cushions were faulty. I agreed to let them send me replacements, which turned out to be worse than the original & were completely the wrong size again. I had to fight to get a return sorted, to which they finally agreed to do. This then put my next account in credit by quite a substantial amount. I was told this would then be credited back to my bank along with any interest incurred. After 2 weeks I had still not received my refund into my bank account & no one contacted me to arrange it? So I have had to chase constantly, being promised call backs that never happen. I have now spent over another week trying to get this paid back. Finally on Friday I was told that they have now processed it, however it looks to be the wrong amount! (obviously less than it should be). As far as the refund for the interest I am constantly being fobbed off with excuses. Absolutely appalling service when it comes to receiving a refund for a faulty/defect goods. I would strongly advise anyone who is considering buying large items such as furniture, don't! While the clothes & accessories etc are lovely, the furniture is not very good quality. While the complaints department were very nice on the phone & seemed helpful, actually getting the refund itself (for the correct amount) is virtually impossible. I will now be escalating this higher & reporting to the financial ombudsmen
Good afternoon! You shud really train your management team they treat students workers very bad no respect for them considering for some is their first job and they make a really bad experience for them myself as customer I’m now avoiding this shop the vibes from some senior staff it’s very bad avoid next jersey at all costs
Shopped in Southend on Friday do some Christmas shopping this was the only shop that didn’t do Black Friday disappointed. But do great reduction in January. I was served by Rebecca she was amazing so helpful went above and beyond to help and make shopping pleasant . Lovely to see an assistant actually smiling and enjoying her Day.
Received outstanding customer service from Sarah at the Oxford Street (0123) We had an issue with our wallpaper order and even though the card payment systems were down, Sarah took the time to assist us to resolve the issue and exceeded our expectations by going above and beyond to rectify the issue where others may have brushed us off in that situation. Thank You, Sarah. It's very rare these days to recive the expeceptional service you provided. Many Thanks, Robert Meah
Can’t do a simple job. Purchased dinning table with 4 chairs and a bench from them in July, delivered in a week. The leg on the bench was wonky. Replacement came after 13 weeks but a different coloured bench was delivered as the bench which was sold to us the colour is now discontinued. So when complained they offered to replace the 4 chairs to match the colour of the bech. On the first appoint for replacement they had a problem with the lorry so no show, week after the delivery came shocked to see the driver with one box with 2 chairs instead of 4 when Opened the box to our surprise it’s the same colour of the chairs which we were returning on the day. So we returned the box back. We are stuck as messed around from July and now it’s 23rd October 3 months these people have been able to fix the mistake. I have dismantled the chairs 3 times now. Once this is over we have decided to NEVER GO NEAR THIS PLACE AGAIN IN LIFE. I am strongly advise people to now buy furniture from them. I don't think they are good company.
I experience the worst with my beds delivery my kids need to sleep on the sofa for 4 nights and paid 1500 pound for these beds and because of their fault I need to wait 4 days.
Ordered a Xmas Tree condiment set twice to collect from Staines. First set has a chipped pepper shaker . Taken BACK and In store they kindly reordered. Second set collected yesterday and they have put no salt shaker in but another lid for the condiment. Returned today and email sent but it seems that Next don’t read the emails and have kind off dismissed my grievance.
Staff at Next Hamilton very rude and unhelpful
I bought goods £110 ,but confusion from next on delivery, no tracking number given on order acknowledgement ,am told delivery 29th today evri ,but no contact from evri ?? , can't track no order ref tracking given , disapointed with next, won't shop again ,it's easy next get organised ,get your delivery evri to contact customer , disapointed with next.
Just don't send things back or you'll get a brusque letter telling you theyre going to close your account ! How do I know whether something is going to suite just by looking at a picture or whether it is of good quality.Don't worry I'll close my account myself . Plenty of other online retailers. P.s. Don't offer refunds of its a problem
When shopping at Next in my experience it’s inadvisable to trust them with your personal email address details.I purchased a pair of curtains from them via their online click and collect procedure. The product was fine. Several days later I received a advertising email from Feefo the review company asking for my feedback in shopping at Next. The following day I received another spam email from the company that made the curtains asking for my my views on their product. Next had obviously sold/given my private email address to these companies. Last year I was forced to change my email provider because another company had sold/given my email address to numerous other businesses,as Next appears to have done.In consequence I was averaging eight advertising emails per day. I will not purchase from this company again.
Nicky at the fort shopping was very kind and helpful. Understanding and great knowledge thank you for your help and patenting much obliged.
Next has gone downhill! Constantly receiving items which are different to what I ordered and now they have accused me of switching tags on items and returning a cheaper one, when I did not order the item in the first place! I have been a customer over 20 years and doesn’t thousands with them and am treated like this. Beware of becoming a next customer as they can just accuse you of taking back incorrect items and charge you for the investigation plus item. What makes it worse is they have the item so happily are re-selling. This is organised crime!
Disappointing for Next.... Been a customer for over 20 years and paid the subscription charge 22.50 annual free for deliveries and collections and now being told there is a standard 2.50 for each collection . I spend over 1,000 each year on next items and have a courier dropping off an order tomorrow and yet if I give them a returns will be charged... Daylight robbery, will be shopping elsewhere in future
Awful customer service and marketing ethics. I noticed a payment come out of my account for nextunlimited subscription. I reviewed and realised this must have been accidentally when checking out of my last order a month ago. When I tried to cancel they refused and said you had to subscribe for minimum of 3 months. So essentially I paid £22.50 for one delivery. If they have such a strict cancellation policy it should be clear that you are making such a significant purchase. Not SNEAKING A SUBSCRIPTION THROUGH DURING A STANDARD CHECKOUT WITH NO OPTION TO CANCEL FOR 3 MONTHS. I do all my shopping online, this must have been very subtly done for me not to notice that I was subscribing to next unlimited whilst paying for delivery of 1 small item. TOTAL SCAM. Not what you'd expect from a well known brand. Even startups with subscriptions have more visibility and don't try to trap people into subscriptions with no option to cancel.
I visited your store to purchase a suit for an upcoming wedding. I really was out of my depth as I've always struggled to find the perfect suit, as I'm very tall. I was approached by your colleague Mac (he works in the men's department at Gipsy Lane Luton). His professionalism, excellent customer service skills and expertise on recommending the correct size for my 3 piece suit was outstanding throughout. Mac was informative, efficient, detailed, completed the task optimally to his best ability. Mac is an asset to your company, as he completes his job to his optimal capability and goes more than beyond to care and satisfy his customers in providing the best customer care as possible. Mac is very approachable and I reinforce once again he is an asset to the Luton branch (Gipsy Lane).
Next is rated 3.6 based on 1,266 reviews