Open Studio Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read Open Studio Reviews

About Open Studio:

Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

Open Studio 5 star review on 29th August 2019
Effie
Open Studio 5 star review on 21st August 2019
John Krantz
Not a lot of interesting content. The main jazz method course seems like a chaotic mess. Most of the videos don't have "virtual" keyboard feature. There are only lead sheets instead of fully notated arrangements.
Hi there Marciej,

Sorry you were disappointed in the Jazz Piano Method course. As you likely saw, this is an ongoing course with an archive of over 450 lessons and still a new lesson posted every week. All of the newer lessons have our Living Notation player included (with interactive notation on screen).

If you would like another week of the trial to dig deeper, simply send an email to support@openstudionetwork.com

Best,
Dan
Co-founder, Open Studio
I especially appreciate the focused content; some piano folks on the Internet go off on tangents or simply take FOREVER to get to the point. Peter Martin and Adam Maness are accomplished musicians, and their on-air chemistry and enthusiasm for playing and teaching is inspiring and energizing. I often watch one of their videos to get into the mindset for practicing.
Coming into it for the first time is a little overwhelming and it’s very difficult to just get started playing. I think if you have a quick-start section, it would be less daunting and more likely to hook those of us with little time to spare to start from zero with every course. Little lessons that someone could just pick up and go with (even if they’re missing some of the groundwork). Then, if I want to delve deeper into that concept, I could be taken to the larger course and start from the ground up. I hope that makes sense. Regardless, it’s a very valuable resource and I can see myself getting lost in it for many years to come.
So far, I'm using Adam's and Peter's piano courses They're awesome! However, what makes Open Studio so truly special is the warmth and personal attention received from the entire team. They consistently do what it takes to make sure you know you're being sincerely supported!
I love the way they teach, I've been to recognized schools and teachers at Berklee. And this definitely has that quality or more. I will absolutely take classes with open studio.
great instruction. great use of technology to help with practice. lessons are fun and broken down enough to grasp the concepts
Peter Martin and Adam Maness share their extensive knowledge and wealth of experience in a well structured and very appealing way. The lessons are full of useful and inspiring ideas and tips, accompanied by high-quality sheet music. Jazz musicians at every level can profit a lot from this unique offer! A real motivator!
Christian Schnarr (composer/arranger), Germany
Mr. McBride is a wonderful musician. But I wish he would play the PDF assignments. I enjoyed Bob DeBoo's lessons very much (I got more out of him). Also, I think the videos and the monthly lessons are too expensive. I cannot afford $129/videos and $50/monthly subscriptions. A lot of people are out of work.
Good introduction to trial the course for a few days
Very organized program, top notch musicians and fun lessons. Highly recommend!
Excelente curso!!!!!!
Pena que não tem legenda em Português(Brasil), porem o curso é muito bom e intuitivo.
Recomendo a todos...
Obrigado Open Studio, Parabéns!!!!!
It’s been great for my vocal practices.
Hi Open Studio! I’m a session Guitar Player who has been trying to learn piano for years. The pandemic has given me Time to get into it again, and Adam’s new course on block chords and drop 2 chords has been a godsend: his explanation of the Barry harris method of harmonizarion and his very comprehensive drills have kept me practicing ESSENTIAL harmony must-knows that inform my Guitar playing as well. I Wish I had the Time and money for all of his classes, butai’ll be working on this for a Good year at least. Adam’s an amazing Teacher and his approach is very friendly and Easy going, and I Will definitely buy more of his lessons as Time and money allow.

Production wise the videos are TOP notch, great lighting and view of the piano. Great job, Open Studio!
Great Tutorials!
Open Studio it's a really well built platform for online learning. It has great and valuable material and has real time notation option. I haven't seen this in other similar courses. You have the option to see notated what is being shown on the video. Plus, the video che be also slowed down (obviously without loosing much sound quality!!!).
In top of that, there will be a tutor supporting most of the classes with technique based exercises to help you getting deeper into it. Can't write enough positive feedback for this awesome online learning platform in the music field. Congrats guys!
Excellent lessons focused on fundamentals. Very necessary right now.
Christian McBride course is excellent!
I think the content in these courses are of a high standard which any beginner will benefit from. The tutorial videos are well presented.
This course is well worth the price.
Hey Brian,

I've extended your access to the Piano Access Pass for another 7 days so you can check it out.

Best,
Dan (co-founder, Open Studio)
Lessons are excellent. They cover concepts others don’t, things like ear training, how chord types sound from one to the next, not just what the notes are. Etc.
Inspiring but a little bit superficial
Open Studio is rated 4.75 based on 951 reviews