Open Studio Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Open Studio

About Open Studio: Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

support@openstudionetwork.com

3547 Olive St.

Live Chat, Email, Telephone
"Great teaching and love the methods."
"Miss clarity at the opening ! Would like to have All possibilities (written pieces , those whith living notation ,new one as fromm « hear it » or packs already bought ...... » Like Logic Pro or any other one ... By example I realy love «  living notation » but often I don’t find it !"
"The good: learn from the very best. See and hear skills in action. The bad: interface of software used for play back and to show Notation is very very badly designed and takes away from the experience."
"Thanks I'm always enjoying taking great lessons! I appreciate new bookmark feature, but still want the feature which I can easily tell finished lessons and unfinished one. Also since I had enjoyed Diane Reeve's vocal course very much, would like to take new course like vocalist as musician (better communication with the band, arranging, knowing how to comp by myself, rhythm workshop etc.) Also it would very useful if you make spotify list of course listening materials."
"Works well on my setup, and I've learned a few new things. Thanks for frank and funny discourse at my level. There is a lot of material and I hope I can look at all it six weeks."
"Hi, good to see you guys have passionate in jazz and produce many inspirational lessons!"
"I think it’s really great-BUT so much of content is about learning by ear -(although not completely) it would be nice if an ear training program or method were offered or recommended - I’ve had to look elsewhere"
"There's a lot of great material, for sure. My only complaint is that the website takes a long time to load, and it could be better organized. It takes a lot of clicks to find what you're looking for. Aside from that technical issue, you have some amazing tutorials and teachers in Geoff and Peter (I'm a pianist). Thanks."
Hello Nancy,
Thanks for the thoughtful review. I wanted to let you know that we are actually currently undergoing some major upgrades under the hood to improve speed dramatically. In fact, a bulk was done last week so you should even notice a difference today.

As far as the navigation, we definitely invite you to let us know what would make getting what you want easier. Feel free to send us an email at support@openstudionetwork.com.

Best,
Dan
"Interesting original but sometimes not easy to understand"
"Hi, I really like it but I didnt do much because I am a beginner jazz pianist."
"Great Lab where you can learn anything you like at your own pace!"
"I love to watch the vídeos. High quality musicians, great people, nice production. I miss some kind of guidance to study."
"Content is excellent. Software is good but could be improved. Almost every time my iPad goes to sleep, I have to reenter my password when wake it up. It would be better to remain logged in longer, maybe one day, or indefinitely? Then I have to find the place I was, which takes some time. It would be better if the software remembered where I was when it last closed out so I could immediately go back to where I was working. Also, I have all access pass and navigation is somewhat confusing because of a lot of it seems to be about buying other courses which I don't need to do. Also should have a search function so if there is a specific song in one of the courses I could find it quickly by searching song name."
"very good course and video!! but cheap internet connection (bandwidth). it always take more than 10secs for each page transition. so 5-1=4"
"It’s good, but the podcasts are aimed more to advanced players than intermediates. It would be a big help to include sheet music that showed the coicings or lines your were playing."
"I find it very very useful. Sometimes I have the feeling that I would need more time to understand little things concerning the jazz phrasing and to learn how to memorize step by step a solo from listening (unfortunately I'm too used to learn by reading..)."
"Very good. I would like a little more of feedback from the teachers about my progress"
"Nice and useful."
"Sarebbe eccezionale se si potesse trasferire i vs bellissimi audio in formato mp 3 sul cellulare per poi poterli suonare rallentati per lo studio Translate into english—— thanks"
Open Studio is rated 4.70 based on 352 reviews