Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

community@opendoor.com

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
Quick and easy way to sale your property no hassle Best service.
(Las_vegas) - Posted 2 months ago
That's awesome! Happy to hear that Faiz. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!
What an easy, painless way to buy a home. I admit that I was nervous as a first time home buyer but the entire process was smooth (and social distancing friendly). Everyone at Opendoor was in sync and quick to reach out with updates and responses to my inquiries. I really appreciated the timeliness and care, along with the provided timeline of what was expected from me.

It seems I gravitate towards things that are easy as I also went with Opendoor for my home loan and that process was also amazingly simple.

Great experience. 5/5 - Will buy my next home through Opendoor.
Tim, great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
Do not buy a house from Opendoor! They are flippers! I did not know this until after the inspection report. All they did was replace the carpet. They purchased the home and 3 days later it was on the market. The inspection report had 37 items. Three were critical including the roof. Their generous offer of $500 was firm no budging! The estimate for the roof repair alone was $2500. I was told a handyman can fix it all including the electric problems. This requires a licensed person. The house smelled of cigarettes. JUST BE CAREFUL!
Sorry to hear this, and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. If you would like please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address so we can better understand how our teams can improve.
At first I was not to sure if this would work. I felt like this was to good to
be true! This was a very easy process as I sold current home, found new home and did a mortgage loan through Opendoor. I am really impressed with the credits given and no lender fees. Opendoor is not a joke it’s worth it! The customer service was very friendly and helpful. What I loved was there was no pressure. I could look for houses and select to tour each day if needed.
Overall, this was the easiest process if you wanted to move quickly into a new home. I definitely recommend anyone to check them out and see all there options in buying or selling as they truly did wonders for me! Keep it up Opendoor!
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this.
I absolutely loved working with Sahar. It is very important to work with a professional, experienced and knowledgeable realtor who will put an offer together that will stand out from the rest and have the right communication skills to deal with the seller. It’s not always about who offers more.
We love hearing stories like these! Thanks for taking the time to share, Evangelina.
Excellent
Glad to hear you had a positive experience with us Christopher. We appreciate your feedback!
By far the worst people to work with. When buying a house there is much better service and respect out there than Opendoor. Will NEVER recommend. Highly disappointed.
We value your feedback and take it seriously. We want to look into this! Please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address.
Had an excellent experience. Process was quick, seamless, staff VERY engaging and professional from beginning to end. We're happy.
(Atlanta) - Posted 2 months ago
Sharman great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
From Shanda Conroy at Opendoor, to my local rep Sarah Sanchez at the partner title company, I was treated as though I were their only customer. Thru constant contact, those two young lady's made my experience a stress free, professional transaction
(Dallas) - Posted 3 months ago
That's wonderful feedback to hear, Robin! We always strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share!
I’m really pleased to have chosen
Opendoor to show me houses.
My tour agent was Ruth Hern, she was really helpful and informative. I
will continue to work with her to show me more homes. Thank you!
Veronica, great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
I started using Opendoor app when selling the house to Opendoor a couple years ago, it was indeed a positive experience, which prompted me to use Opendoor for home buying. The searching and touring experience has been wonderful, way better than using traditional agent.
The agents showing houses are generally professional and responsive. Requesting information of a specific property is also lightening speed from the Opendoor app. As for submitting offer for home buying, I had one not so great experience with an agent and also a great experience with another super attentive agent. The app can use some improvement, some bugs to be resolved; additional features such as calculating commute from the property location would be excellent
They lie and cover stuff up and suck
Amanda, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and want to look into this. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com with your property address so we can further evaluate this situation.
My selling experience was not pleasant. I felt my offer was too low but Opendoor was not willing to budge and insisted it was based on a computer program that gives a fair market value of the home. Opendoor claims instead of buying low and selling high, that they give you a fair offer and then charge a fee. My offer was $258k and was charged approx $19k fee. My home was put by on the market by open door and listed for $282k without any upgrades. I do not believe the market changed that much in 30 days to equate for a $24k difference. I feel Opendoor scammed me and is a complete rip off. I wish I never sold to Opendoor and I will never use Opendoor again and will definitely not recommend this service to anyone. My buying experience was much better. I was paired with Melissa who was very knowledgeable. She went above and beyond.
We're sorry to hear about your experience with Opendoor, and if we’ve fallen short of your expectation of us we'd like to look further into it. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com with your best contact information and property address.
I recently bought a house in Florida with Opendoor and am completely disappointed with the repairs from my inspection period. Now that we are living in our house it is clear whoever was hired by your company couldn't have been less qualified to do repairs in a home. Every single thing that was replaced based on my inspection was wrong. It has cost me an additional 1,000 to fix since I had to hire a handy that was actually qualified to do the work. Not to mention the repairs posed safety issues due to being repaired incorrectly. I had glass windows that were repaired with plastic and not sealed correct and when your rep was contacted that stated that was the only way to fix it. Turns out that was a lie once i had a glass technician come out and fix it correctly. I also had door rot repaired and the door was placed back on incorrectly and was unable to close. The dishwasher your company replaced was wired incorrectly and live wire was exposed. This could have burnt down my house! It is completely disappointing that your company cannot afford to hire quality workers when all you do is buy and sell homes. I am a disabled vet with three children and should have to worry someone can break my windows and doors or my house could erupt in flames due to your negligent.
I sold my home to open door last August. It was the easiest real estate transaction I have ever had (and I’ve bought and sold many properties). I would not hesitate to use them again.
We’re always happy to hear about the positive experiences our customers have with us. Thank you for sharing!
Purchased a house 2 weeks ago. Master shower needs gutted, tiles caving in before 1st use. Estimating $2500 or more for repair if mold is present. Electrical had double tapped wiring $225 to repair to insure home. A.c. condensation exhaust line was buried causing interior to flood. One outdoor lighting fixture still non operational. All outdoor water bibs leaking. Ready to seek legal advise.
Hi Richard, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations! I see you are currently in communication with our teams to address this issue. Please continue communication through those coms and if any additional questions or concerns come up please email community@opendoor.com
I grade hard. Getting a strong & positive review from me is not easy. And with that introduction, I want to declare that Opendoor has EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS from our initial contact and all the way through closing.

A very favorable impression was made by 1st contact Carissa Secchiari. Schedules had me soon connected with Itzel Toscano. Itzel was my main contact through the process, and she was outstanding. I only offer that rating to people who are clear and patient and available, and that was my experience. Emails were typically answered within an hour. I was NEVER waiting on a return phone call, as Itzel was always available by a direct call. And there were no surprises with Opendoor.

The offer was fair and as-expected. Again, there were no surprises, and the closing was equally smooth. Opendoor has my admiration, I have already recommended them, and I will continue to do so. Absolutely no regrets or second thoughts on the part of this seller.
(Atlanta) - Posted 4 months ago
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Mark.
I requested an offer - this is what I received: Here's your offer from one of Opendoor's Trusted Partners
$235,000 - I purchased my home last year for $270k - the offer they sent was for $235k - has anyone noticed the market going down dramatically? I find this offer offensive - PLUS they want me to pay a 3% commision on top of it. I would have to bring qooo's of dollars to the table to sell to this ridiculous company.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry the offer didn't meet your expectations and will utilize your feedback to further evaluate and develop.
Great customer service! Everyone is so nice.
We’re always happy to hear about the positive experiences our customers have with us. Thank you for sharing Hector!
It was a very positive experience. The Opendoor team made the whole process of selling our home smooth and relatively stress free. We especially liked the fact we could pick the closing date.
(Las_vegas) - Posted 4 months ago
That's wonderful feedback to hear, La Sharon & Scott! We always strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share!
Opendoor is rated 4.02 based on 776 reviews