Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
These guys do not care about the realtor community either. Most listings carry a 1.5% selling commission which is 1/2 of the customary rate. They can pay whatever they choose but seems to me if you have inventory that has been reduced in price over and over and over that they would pay MORE in order to get the home sold.
Bob, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and will utilize your feedback to further evaluate and develop.
We are in the Nashville area, The whole purpose behind Open door is Self guided tours without a realtor. They will not let me tour a house citing Covid 19 as the reason. The funny thing about this is your putting me at greater risk by forcing me to be around a realtor I do not want to be around. I understand the issue in our country currently, However when Companies use this tactic to reshape the rules to there favor it is sad. Self Guided tours, is your Business, Why do you Site Covid -19 and then try and put me at greater risk. I do not recommend this company, and think they are taking advantage of people. And by the way we toured another house last week, Found this one and the changed the rules also Citing Covid -19. So i guess what ever the company decides to do they will just put this handy free pass sticker on it (Covid-19)
Josh, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and will utilize your feedback to further evaluate and develop.
We purchased a property over a year ago. It was a disaster. No one was available for questions, I just found out they miscalculated the tax portion on the settlement statement. Not much, but really? The title company missed that there are 2 HOAs, now we are stuck with an additional monthly payment of $267 a month! If you see a house for sale by Opendoor, better run!
Thanks for letting us know about this! This is not the experience we strive to deliver at Opendoor. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com with your property address and best point of contact so we can look into this matter!
4 different prices , From to low, in that order. OD is a joke of a company
We value your feedback and take it seriously. We want to look into this! Please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address.
With many moving parts, that is, sale of one house and purchase of another, there were no glitches. The initial experience was unsettling because of the newness. Still, the willingness to be available on all parties' part at Opendoor, led to stronger confidence levels. National lockdown experiences actually provided more time to prepare for the sale/move. Gratitude and respect to all.
(Orlando) - Posted 4 months ago
John, great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
Living next to a home owned by Open Door has been a nightmare.

Last fall the home next to mine was sold to Open Door. The problems started when a vendor decided to park in my backyard while doing some repair work on the recently acquired home. This caused major damage to my yard due to tire tracks on wet ground.

Fast forward to this spring. The house still has not sold. The grass and landscaping are completely trashed and overgrown due to lack of oversight by Open Door. I contacted my HOA about this and they had to present Open Door with a notice so that they would send someone out to mow the yard. The yard was finally mowed on April 9th.

Fast forward 5 weeks and we are in the same boat with the yard needing to severely be mowed. (For the record I have personally mowed my lawn 5 times since Open Door send someone out the first time)

I call Open Door this time. They tell me that this is going to be addressed, but I’m not too hopeful. Open Door stated that they discontinued the landscaping contract due to a “flaw in the system”. The problem with that is I am not certain that a landscaping contract ever was in place due to the grass never being mowed to start with.

If you value relationships with future neighbors, I would highly recommend that you look elsewhere to find your new home. If you value your relationships with your current neighbors and are thinking about moving, don’e even think about using Open Door. This house has been on the market for over 8 months in one of the hottest real estate markets in the country. Our neighborhood is one of the most sought after areas of Nashville. It really makes you think about what Open Door’s priorities are. Clearly it is not selling homes or being good neighbors while they are in possession of a home.
Jordan, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and want to look into this. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com with your property address so we can further evaluate this situation.
This company trys to low ball you Waste of time
I would give you a negative start if I could. To start we continued with our purchase of this home even though a pandemic hit the world. We asked to let us hire a cleaning service to come in and disinfect the house and was told that your team would take care of it. All they did was vacuum. There was dried food on the counters, the toilets were disgusting (dried urine and fecal matter on the seats) and there were boogers on the garage door button. My realtor paid to have it cleaned professionally. Then the camera was removed from the front door and the hole that the camera caused was not filled or plugged. Then the door. bell that was placed back in place of what was there was broken and missing the actual button for the bell. We got into the house only to find out that oven is half working. I feel like I bought a lemon and was scammed. When I tried to get some sort of resolution to at least the oven the RUDE women I spoke with told me she had photos of them cleaning, and basically I was on my own. I would highly recommend not working with Opendoor.
We're sorry to hear about your experience with Opendoor, and if we’ve fallen short of your expectation of us we'd like to look further into it. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com with your best contact information and property address.
Absolutely the worst company to try to buy a house from. Do not do it. Save yourself the stress and buy from an actual person they have their homes priced too high and will not budget on prices. And their counter offers are ridiculous.
Elise, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and want to look into this. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com with your property address so we can further evaluate this situation.
Purchase home from Opendoor July 2019 and now May 2020 the “upgrades and repairs” was merely smoke and mirrors.
Thanks for letting us know about this Kimberly. This is not the experience we strive to deliver at Opendoor. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com so we can look into this matter!
DO NOT EVER BUY A HOUSE FROM OPENDOOR. They scammed us out of $1500.00 by falsely advertising a house with no known issues. They tried to push a quick sale, demanded $1500 due diligence and $1500 earnest money up front. We paid $1142.00 to have an inspection done and found a multitude of problems, from foundation damage, faulty rigged electrical work in the crawl space, active mold and fungi in the crawl space, septic system lines were damaged and the septic was missing a drain that should have been installed in the 90's, cloudy water from well (still pending testing back), deck was not done to code and was unleveled with improper rail spacing, leaking plumbing in the house into the cabinets, stairwell railing not secure in the wall and sheetrock damage where it had come off, needing a new roof, damaged siding, warped windows from water damage, amongst the house needing updates inside. When we challenged this, they opted to keep our due diligence money and send us on our way. -Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Our total payout was based on a foundation issue, AC unit replacement and some updating on flooring which resulted in several thousand dollars deducted from our original estimate. Only the flooring and some paint was completed. Leaving a new buyer with existing issues that Opendoor was suppose to remedy. Highly disappointed with the process and will not recommend Opendoor to anyone.
I had a good experience purchasing the house with Open Door, besides they gave me 1% back which it came in very handy towards closing cost
. Thanks a lot for all your help.
We love hearing stories like these! Thanks for taking the time to share, David.
My initial experience with Opendoor was good. Customer service was fantastic and response time were always prompt when I was looking into actually purchasing my house. Once I got into contract with them and it was time for me to get an appraisal and inspection done I was told to contact them when I arrived to get the code to get into the house and it was hard to get ahold of my sales individual. There were quite a few repairs to be done to the house that surprisingly Opendoor agreed to fix. Now I have been living in my house for a month and the so called repairs that they said they fixed are all breaking or they were half a**ed done. So now I am running into more issues from their “repairs” than I would’ve if I just moved in without them touching anything. Oh and they never pulled permits for what they should’ve.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and want to look into this. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com with your property address so we can further evaluate this situation.
Working with OpenDoor was a seamless experience. Sure there are advantages to traditional sales but we were in a crunch and needed to get our house sold before closing in our new one. They did everything for us! This process removed all stress!!
(Orlando) - Posted 5 months ago
Annemarie, great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
Open door is definitely the best way to sell your home. Very easy and friendly and courteous and knowledgeable staff. Very highly recommended opendoor.
(Charlotte) - Posted 5 months ago
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Jude.
Very pleasant experience. They were very helpful
(Phoenix) - Posted 5 months ago
Glad to hear you had a positive experience with us Kathy. We appreciate your feedback!
I believe this company is for sellers Definitely NOT for buyers . They make everything so difficult. They don’t accept FHA loans (treat people like trash who have them ) they want conventional loans only . Calling them , it’s a call center so you never get the same person . Was told a house had no offers then once we made one it was all of a sudden “under contract”. On a 2nd home it was stated they are accepting FHA loans and once we sent our offer they retracted the acceptance of FHA loans . Buying a home is frustrating and emotionally exhausting and to deal with this company has made it completely undesirable. If you’re buying I strongly suggest you avoid looking at homes that are Open door.
Very nice experience
(Phoenix) - Posted 5 months ago
Thanks for sharing, Thomas!
Opendoor really did make the process easy. With two kids under two and two dogs as well as working from home the last thing I wanted was showings.
Even during an uncertain time they really pulled through for us.
Thank you Opendoor!
(Atlanta) - Posted 5 months ago
We're delighted to hear you've had a good experience with Opendoor Sara. We appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor!
Opendoor is rated 4.03 based on 738 reviews