Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Under an hour
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
Opendoor agreed to a repair and it took them nearly a month to complete it and my inspector still could not clear the property for the close. Closing was pushed back four times until I finally gave up on the home.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and want to look into this. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com with your property address so we can further evaluate this situation.
They came in on the preliminary visit and tore the house apart. They did not realize that I have been a builder for over 30 years. Their List of items that needed to be "repaired" was a joke. Remove cabinets and a AC unit from a garage in VEGAS!!!!! They tried to find a way to knock the price offer down on the basis of savings us on a realtor fee. Luckily we sold the house in 1 day for over $45k they what Open Door said it was worth. They are a rip off. The house at the end of our street that they had for sale was on the market for 2 months after we sold ours.
Jim, We're sorry to hear about your experience with Opendoor, and if we’ve fallen short of your expectation of us we'd like to look further into it. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com with your best contact information and property address.
Everything about open door was terrific Rebecca was terrific Jennifer was terrificVery easy to work with very professional
Thanks for the love Donald! We will be sure to share your kind words with the team.
Opendoor needs to be aware that nickel and diming potential buyers in order to satisfy their bottom line is not going to work. We had an inspector and appraiser as well as me being an appraiser and adjuster to see all the repairs needed in a home we were interested in. They didn't heed the words or reports of three professionals, they wanted to rep as "seller" even though they own the property and change numbers over the course of the diligence period. Water heater that was 17 yrs old making noise, foundation issues, etc. Don't let your home be sold by them either!
Thanks for letting us know about this. This is not the experience we strive to deliver at Opendoor. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com so we can look into this matter!
The entire process went smoothly, from initial offer to closing. We had not done much home upkeep over the years, so there were substantial repairs to be done before selling our home. It was too much for us to handle, so we went with Opendoor. They gave us a fine offer, and the evaluation of repairs needed was spot on.
So glad to hear this Gary. Thanks for letting us know! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
They are a rip off. The 7% fee they charge that claims to cover "commission" and "utilities"...they charge you again for it at closing. They also claim big things need to be repaired but obly do small things and make oit like a fat tat, with your money. I wish we disputer the 8000 reroof claim (it was 4 years old and the paperwork was right there in the kitchen. They just listed it for 185,000 and we got 166,100 for it. The people are amazing to work with, we just needed that crappy house gone now that we are military again. Jokes on them! Got traditional, they wont bickle amd dime you like these crooks. Shop around.
We’re sorry to hear that you’ve had a less than satisfactory experience with us Brodie. We'd like to learn more. Please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address. Thank you!
These people are crooks. They come in your house break your heating system, and create more problems than before they ever came. They need an inspector supervising them if you let them in your house.
We apologize for the less than satisfactory experience with us. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com so we can investigate.
While Ben, my OpenDoor rep, was fantastic the rest of the process ended up being a nightmare due to lack of research on Opendoors part. On my first request for an offer, they did not look at the location at all and needed to drop the offer by 23k. Because the offer was so good, that ended up being a hiccup that we could work around. Unfortunately the home I was buying fell through, but when I found another I requested another offer with OpenDoor a few months later. After requesting verification that the location was taken into account with the offer, I signed a second contract to sell with OpenDoor and put on offer on a home contingent with that sale. Unfortunately, there was a massive oversight that was somehow missed and OpenDoor was actually not accepting home sales in my area any longer, but this was only figured out three weeks later, after I had already spent money on appraisals and inspections for a home I am no longer able to buy due to no longer meeting the contingencies. Overall, both experiences were stressful and very unorganized, and there should have been some sort of oversight not allowing the company to make offers on homes they are unable to support. While it is good that some of my costs are being recouped with the escrow from Opendoors cancelation, there is no way to recover everything or the time and energy spent going through a process that they knew from the beginning would not be successful.
Alicia, Sorry to hear this, and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. If you would like please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address so we can better understand how our teams can improve.
We have had a great experience with Opendoor! From being able to see houses easily by booking tours or being able to do a self tour to getting a 1% assist with closing costs, we have had the best and least stressful process imaginable! I highly recommend Opendoor!
That's wonderful feedback to hear! We always strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share!
We thought that Open Door was going to be a life savor. We were at our ropes end with our mortgage company. Then came along Open Door. They gave us a competitive offer on our house. But when the repair estimate came in, it did sting a little. We took it, thinking that all the repairs we going to be done. I have read with others that Open Door said that they would do took money for repairs and never did them. This was definitely the case in our house as well. They took money for a new roof, this was not done. They took money for new appliances, old appliances were left in the home. They took money for small repairs to be done to the house that we not done at all. I wish I could go back and get that money back from them, this is very dishonest and fraudulent. In the end Open Door takes advantage of people looking to get out of a bad situation.
Kelly, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and want to look into this. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com with your property address so we can further evaluate this situation.
Although they cleaned and painted the interior they kept from us that the HOA here was requiring that homes be painted by the end of the year and didn't inform us of that cost just 6 months down the road. The HOA mailed out letters in advance of us purchasing the home but naturally Opendoor is denying it and won't even be decent enough to work with us "basically said it's not their problem". Never purchase a home from them unless you have everything in writing and check your HOA for any future costs coming up they may be hiding. I would have had more respect for the company if they would have worked with us instead of giving excuses and brushing us off.
We needed to sell our home quickly, so we called Opendoor. We were offered a generous amount for our house, and absolutely no hassles. No buyers walking through, no open houses, no staging. We were able to pack up and leave at our own pace. I highly recommend Opendoor. They do the work for you, and make your home sale quick and free of unnecessary worry.
That's wonderful feedback to hear, Greg! We always strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share!
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Portland, OR
Your Name: Nicole Z
I am a realtor who solicited an offer from Opendoor and my clients are thrilled that I did. It meant they could move into their dream home, which they had put a contingent offer on with a 45 day close. Well, with Opendoor, we closed on BOTH properties in half that time. The offer from Opendoor was competitive and the process was seamless. It was a dream transaction. I would work with the Opendoor team again in a heartbeat. Prompt responses and very reasonable throughout the inspection and negotiation process.
(Portland) - Posted 1 month ago
So glad to hear this Nicole. Thanks for letting us know! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
Trying to unsubscribe from mailings for a year but keep getting told may receive one more mailing in the next 6 weeks. Weekly letters still coming.
Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback with us, we appreciate it. Could you please reach out at community@opendoor.com with your property address so we can remove you from our marketing list? Thanks a lot!
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Atlanta
Your Name: Jack Andrad
It was an amazing experience, from the beginning, after Brian inspected the house until Marco closed, flawless and painless.
(Atlanta) - Posted 2 months ago
Glad to hear you had a positive experience with us, Jack. We appreciate your feedback!
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? ORANGE PARK
Your Name: Archie Obmasca
Definitely recommend opendoor for people that wants a hassle free way of selling and really needs to sell quick. They offer a fair price on your house but the real value is on the seamless process of selling your house. Buying our new home gave me stress but not selling our old house thru opendoor.
(Jacksonville) - Posted 2 months ago
So glad to hear this Archie. Thanks for letting us know! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? DALLAS
Your Name: FELICIA ROPER
THE BEST DECISION I COULD HAVE POSSIBLY HAVE MADE! THE PROCESS WAS EASY, AND WAS ASSISTED EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. THANK YOU OPEN DOOR FOR HELPING ME AND ASSISTING ME IN THE SELL OF MY HOME. WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM AND USE THEM AGAIN IF THE SITUATION ARISES. 100% SATISFIED!
(Dallas) - Posted 2 months ago
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Felicia.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Las vegas
Your Name: Amanda
Super easy from acceptance of offer to closing! Good market value and fair repair requests! Helped us quickly be able to upgrade to a bigger home without the stress of showings or time spent waiting for a buyer!
(Las_vegas) - Posted 2 months ago
Amanda, great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
I have had the same experience as most of you... I am also looking to purchase and found a house opendoor is selling. The house has been under contract 3x and back on the market. Every time I go to offer they start off with no offers at first then all of a sudden it’s multiple offers. Ha! To opendoor keep your dam houses. I will keep looking and if I see that you are selling a house, I will look the other way! I will not partake in your shenanigans!
We always want our customers to have a great experience with Opendoor Kita, and we’re sorry if this hasn’t been the case for you. We'd like to learn more - please email us at community@opendoor.com. We rely on feedback like yours as we continue to improve the experience for both buyers and sellers.
What a joke. They massively lowballed my home offer. Within 24 hrs of listing, we had an offer in hand that was over asking price and $62k over what Opendoor offered. Our tax assessment (which is always much lower than what the house is worth) came in at almost $30k more than what Opendoor offered. There are unrenovated, half the size, 1/4th the lot sized homes in our neighborhood that sold for as much or in one case, 15k more than they offered us for our home. This is a predatory, garbage company. Don't waste your time.
We’re sorry to hear that you’ve had a less than satisfactory experience with us Mre. We'd like to learn more. Please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address. Thank you!
Opendoor is rated 4.28 based on 582 reviews