Opendoor Reviews

84% of reviewers recommend Opendoor

About Opendoor: In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

Click Here

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy

Under an hour
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Atlanta
"Very transparent and fair process. The staff were highly available to answer questions. There is no better way to sell a house, especially if you’re on a timeline to relocate."
(Atlanta) - Posted 1 month ago
That's great to hear, Henry. It always makes us happy to hear the experience was a good one!
How did you work with Opendoor? I sold my home to Opendoor AND bought a new one with Opendoor
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Phoenix
Your Name: Russell Martin
"Very professional and strait forward with what I could expect from Opendoor"
(San_antonio) - Posted 1 month ago
Glad to hear you had a positive experience with us Russell. We appreciate your feedback!
"They handled they buying and selling of my homes made it easy"
"Opendoor told me they could not find my house that I entered the wrong address when I told them it is correct they came back with oh we can't get you an offer bc we don't have enough comps."
How did you work with Opendoor? I sold my home to Opendoor
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Happy Valley, Oregon
Your Name: George Lizer
"I was extremely pleased by the Opendoor team. The only glitch was an appointment mix up which was of no consequence. The offer was good and the closing was on time. The process was exactly as promised in every respect. I was a licensed realtor for 17 years and would still recommend any seller to at least get a quote from Opendoor. You owe it to yourself. George L. in Happy Valley, Oregon and it is very Happy!"
(Portland) - Posted 1 month ago
We're delighted to hear you've had a good experience with Opendoor George. We appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor!
"We bought a home from Opendoor, the process was seamless at first then the time came for repairs. It took forever to get an answer on what they were and weren’t going to fix. One of the HVAC units was not working and recommended to replace by a professional, Opendoor decided to repair the unit, they had said that all repairs were done. We walked the property for the last time and none of the repairs had been done even after a document saying they had was presented. They were called and swore these things were fixed but during the second walk through the day of closing the repairs were done very unprofessionally. We ask for a escrow on HVAC unit to which they finally agreed. 1 month later we are still waiting on the payment."
We truly apologize for what sounds like a frustrating experience. We've been able to confirm that our team was able to connect with your agent to provide a resolution. Please do not hesitate to email community@opendoor.com with any additional feedback.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Las Vegas
Your Name: Amanda Fuller
"I chose to use opendoor because I needed to sale my home fast. I was moving out of state. I can’t believe how easy of a process this was. I would highly recommend opendoor to anyone who needs to sale fast. Your able to choose your own closing date and move it around if you need to. The title company I had was very informative and they kept in contact well. The opendoor team also helped me along the way and answer any questions I had right away. The only thing I’d recommend from opendoor is probably more “real person” contact. But don’t let that statement discourage you. Just because I couldn’t get a live person to speak to at all times didn’t mean I couldn’t leave a message for someone. And when I did leave a message they were very fast at responding and answered all my questions. I really enjoyed working with opendoor and the title company both made the process stress free!"
(Las_vegas) - Posted 1 month ago
Amanda, great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Acworth
Your Name: Floyd Brown
"Visited opendoor.com and filled out information. Two visits total to the house: 1)inspection/estimate. 2)Final walk thru. The trip to the local lawyer's office for settlement. Easy peasy. (Left out more stuff that had to be filled out on the internet - I do that all the time). It was a better final deal than my Real Estate Agent told me I would get. The thought of buying AND selling (showing and all that) at the same time made me ill."
(Atlanta) - Posted 1 month ago
We're delighted to hear you've had a good experience with Opendoor Floyd. We appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor!
"Very disappointed. I was hoping to work with you after seeing all the positive reviews. But you said you don’t buy houses built before 1960. I don’t think you should make a judgment like that just from a few questions without seeing the property. Very disappointing."
We’re sorry to hear that you’ve had a less than satisfactory experience with us, We'd like to learn more. Please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address. Thank you!
How did you work with Opendoor? I sold my home to Opendoor
"The experience with your company was the efficiency everything was dealt with. The people that we dealt with were so competent and extremely helpful and courteous. We would never hesitate to recommend Opendoor to anyone. We were so lucky to have found you. Thank You"
(Tampa) - Posted 1 month ago
We're delighted to hear you've had a good experience with Opendoor Gill. We appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor! :)
"The property was not in good shape upon us finalizing the closing. Fence was knocked down, inspection remediation not completed, and HOA citations not fixed. Buyer beware!!!"
We're sorry to hear this, James. We work towards making the Opendoor experience a good one, and whenever this is not the case, we want to make it right. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com so we can help you with this matter? Thanks!
"I've tried multiple times to get a quote from Open Door. There is a house literally one street over from mine that they purchased, said they "couldn't figure out" why my house isn't even providing an offer. I've spoken to two different people at the company extensively with a "we will follow up with you" promised by both... here we are a month later and not a peep from either one of them. *HORRIBLE* customer service."
Hi Bonnie,

We always want our customers to have a great experience with Opendoor, and we’re sorry if this hasn’t been the case for you. We'd like to learn more - please email us at community@opendoor.com. Your feedback matters to us!
"My experience started out positive with Opendoor, then over time, I realized what kind of company they truly are! I asked Opendoor to make an offer on a house that I would be owning in a matter of days. I felt the offer was fair and said I would accept it, but I wasn't the legal owner at the time so I didn't sign the paperwork. They asked for me to renew the offer when I was the owner and I did just 12 days later, their offer price went way down (but they couldn't provide any data showing why their offer went down -(huh?)), and then they BACKHANDEDLY raised, their "service charge" fees - (WHAT>???) I asked why these fees went up and they blamed it on the expenses they pay for keeping up all of their other properties! WHY AM I BEING CHARGED FOR THEIR OTHER PROPERTIES? That isn't an expense for them buying MY property! Ironically, the CSR gave the example of running ACs in the summer, and right now, we are going into fall, so these costs should actually be going DOWN, not up, so my fees should be LESS not MORE! IF their operating costs changed, it should be reflected in their purchase offer, not trying to sneak MORE MONEY out of you by hiding it in their service fees where its very difficult for someone to detect (they won't let you access the details of expired offers so take screenshots of everything!!!). This IS NOT being upfront and honest in the way they conduct business. IT is very SHADDY and UNDERHANDED ways of trying to screw people out of money! I wonder how many other people they have swindled out of more money, even if they kept the offer price the same on a renewed offer, they could have raised the service fees without people remembering or proving it and got 1000s more in the transaction! Out of principle, I will probably sell my house with an agent (and make more money with statistically too!) and its based off of their underhanded techniques to screw me over! My Lesson learned - When these clowns get through with you, you will have lost a lot of $$$ in the house!"
Hi Phil,

Sorry to hear this, and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address so we can better understand how our teams can improve.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Phoenix
Your Name: Howard Frazier
"My experience with Opendoor was positive from start to finish; by far, the easiest real estate transaction I have ever had (approximately 10). Their concept is so effective at reducing the stress and uncertainty, I expect that it will substantially disrupt the real estate market in the near future. The only 'defect' that was visible in the process is the accuracy of the offer price. This is understandable since they rely solely on past real estate sales (comps) to make their determination of 'fair market value' on which their offer is based. In my case, the offer was only slightly below what I would have established as a listing price, and probably in the range I would have accepted from a traditional buyer. All of the 'regular' steps are included such as; acceptance of offer, their inspection for defects on the property, final walk-through, escrow. What's missing is the uncertainty and inconvenience. No offering/countering, no contingencies, no failed transactions due to buyer loan rejection, low appraisal, inspection anxiety, shifting milestones which might affect your next real estate purchase. In my case we closed about 22 days after accepting their offer. It could have been a few days less but I needed to travel to be present during the inspection (your presence is optional). After the inspection I was notified that they found a few defects but they would pick up the cost of those minor repairs during their normal process of getting the property ready for sale. We finished packing and moving out a week earlier than we planned so we requested an earlier closing date. No problem - you can adjust that date to suit your plans. I communicated with about 4 different people at Opendoor over the course of this transaction; all were very responsive to any questions we had; even on the weekend. Their attitude reflected their objective to make it easy to sell your house to them. The only part of the process that had even a hint of inconvenience was the escrow/closing process. It must be done at the escrow office or via a remote notary service. The last several real estate transactions that I completed were accomplished on-line using a secure web product like Docusign. We use the 'remote notary' service which included a $90 service fee. I believe the escrow service is an outsourced service rather than part of Opendoor since the service profile was 'different'."
(Phoenix) - Posted 1 month ago
That's wonderful feedback to hear, Howard! We always strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share!
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Cary
Your Name: Robin Joyce
"Moving is a very stressful situation and selling your house is one of the largest. From the start of fiing out the first questionare to signing our closing papers it was seamless. Everything is explained up front. If something comes up that might change things the staff is pleasant, responsive and professional. I highly recommend Open Door to anyone in search of assistance with selling their home."
(Raleigh) - Posted 2 months ago
Michael great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
"Overall my experience with OpenDoor was great. Jeff Y. was very helpful throughout the offer/home assessment process and even called me after 5pm on a Friday to let me know that repair costs were $0. Hankin and Pack were incredibly helpful throughout the process and responded to the countless emails I sent leading up to closure. They were professional and very respectful of my time. Overall, I recommend OpenDoor to anyone who is looking to sell their home and who understands the worth of their home. Sometimes it may be less than what you think and I understand the frustration some have felt with offers but if you take time to look at the comps on your own you may find that opendoor’s offer is in line with market value. My offer was maybe $2k short of what I had hoped for but in the end the convenience of the process (no showings, cleaning, staging) etc meant everything and I highly recommend the team in Charlotte."
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Grabriela.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Nevada
Your Name: Juana
"The opendoor team was amazing! Everyone was helpful and professional!"
(Las_vegas) - Posted 2 months ago
That’s fantastic to hear Juana, thanks for sharing your experience with us. 💙
"I couldn’t have handled the stress of selling my home and coordinating the purchase and close date if I had to do it the old-fashioned way. Opendoor made my hard work pay off by taking the stress out of selling our first home and buying our new one with the smoothest process and on the exact close date I needed. I will be a lifetime customer."
Sarah, great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
"It was a seamless process. Someone was always available to help. If I sell my home again; I will definitely use Opendoor again."
That's awesome! Happy to hear that. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!
"We recently sold our home to Opendoor, and it was a flawless process. From start to finish everyone we dealt with was friendly and courteous. The offer for our house was above what we expected and in line with what homes similar to ours were selling for in our neighborhood. No open houses, strangers coming and looking at your home. It worked perfect for us. Thank you Opendoor."
We love hearing stories like these! Thanks for taking the time to share, Mike and Patti.
Opendoor is rated 4.37 based on 533 reviews