Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

community@opendoor.com

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
Recently had an inspector come. Instead of sticking to his job and inspecting outside only - he was "phishing" in the house- suspicious at best like he was scoping it out to resell. "if " this was the case, it would be conflict of interest to lower the estimate to take a part of the cream off the top when it was resold... "if" it was the case... i was uncomfortable at best! Even if open door gave me a comfortable amount - i'm going elsewhere...
I cannot imagine a better home selling experience than we enjoyed selling our house to Open Door. Not only did we receive a great initial offer, but after the home inspection the offer actually went up. The entire process was incredibly easy, and flawlessly executed. No delays, super easy online closing, funds wired immediately. I have done many real estate transactions, but this was by far the simplest, easiest, and quickest. Open Door is simply the best.
(Phoenix) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Everything progressed as expected and a very smooth process.
(Dallas) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Outstanding customer service and guidance through out the entire process
It was the best real estate transaction I've experienced out of over 20 that I have done. No having to show the house, taking the dogs somewhere while it is being shown, making sure everything is perfect to show it. It was also the quickest. From start to finish it was about 16 days. The people you are working with are friendly, professional, prompt and everything you could ask.
My experience with Opendoor was EXCELLENT from start to finish! The process was quick and seamless, with courteous and professional staff throughout the entire process. As quick as the selling process took, the disbursement of funds was just as quick, if not quicker. I was pleasantly surprised by the experience and have absolutely no regrets! HIGHLY recommend Opendoor for home sales when you don't want to be bothered with the traditional way of doing things.
(Houston) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Process was steady, what I was told would happen did. I was pleased with the outcome.
(Orlando) - Posted 2 weeks ago
As a first time seller, the process was genuinely as advertised by Open Door, i.e., simple, easy, competitive pricing, hassle-free from start to finish and finally transfer of funds.
(Dallas) - Posted 2 weeks ago
360 ALL around the best experience... This is the future of selling and buying. Before starting my journey with opendoor I read a lot of the negative reviews on this page and I won’t lie that I was nervous. My own opinion is that most of the negatives are undercover realtors trying to give Opendoor a bad wrap. 1. The process: WOW talk about a wold class process. Intuitive, easy to you and up to par with technology 😀 2. The peace of mind: Another WOW through out the process I knew where I stood to close the deal. I wasn’t going back and forth with an “Agent” or hoping that the buyer actually qualified and didn’t back out last minute. 3. The inspection: was more than fair I knew most of the repairs they called for needed to be fixed. 4. Opendoor is the future of buying and selling. They game me a more than fair deal. Even if I would have put it in the market by the time I would be done the fees and takes would have wipes any gains. I highly recommend opendoor
Great to hear about your experience, Jorge. We love hearing stories like yours!
Sorry please do something
It was a smooth and easy process. We will definitely do business with Opendoor again in the future!
(Austin) - Posted 3 weeks ago
The communication was superb! Every question I asked was handled quickly and efficiently. Open Door was flexible when we needed to change our closing date multiple times. I definitely would recommend Open Door.
Melody, This is great to hear! Thank you for supporting what we do and happy to hear you've had a great experience with us.
For people that don’t want to go through the hassle of listing their property/home tours/repairs to house etc this option is the way to go. We were offered a fair price considering the area, taking into account the repairs and cleanup that would need to be done to sell the house. The nicest part about the entire process was the ease of the process, the speed of the closing, and literally handing over the keys in a hassle free transaction. Top it all off with a wonderful contact from the beginning, Cameron Russo, and it makes for a great experience all around. We couldn’t be happier.
Bruce, This is great to hear! Thank you for supporting what we do and happy to hear you've had a great experience with us.
My husband and I had to sell our house quickly. I was weary at first of using a home buying company because I had heard so many horror stories. We had Ben as our point of contact. He was amazing. He walked us thru everything, clearly explained everything, set everything up for us. He responded to phone calls and emails quickly. We got an extremely fair price on our home and walked away very happy with the transaction. I would recommend Open Door to a friend.
Very easy and pleasant experience
(Nashville) - Posted 3 weeks ago
This was a very smooth process, Nate with Opendoor was polite and very easy to work with, I didn’t have to worry about different buyers in and out of my home.
(Charlotte) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Working with Opendoor was great! The entire end to end process went smoothly. Our Acquisitions Manager Rachele T. was excellent. Rachele is knowledgeable and made herself available to answer all of our questions/concerns. Great work Rachele!!!
(Phoenix) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Opendoor was pretty fantastic! They bought my house and I utilized them to find a home for my daughter and I. I had a touring agent, Cassandra who was absolutely awesome!!! She accommodated my schedule and showed me everything I wanted to see, knew me in a very short period of time - understanding what I was looking for! From there I was connected with Eric who was so kind and very driven. Unfortunately we were not able to lock in an offer on a home I had looked at. He was busy when I found another home and I was connected with Jeanie. Jeanie... this woman fought hard for me! She was so genuine and again, accommodated my crazy work schedule. She communicated clearly and responded so quickly! The price of the home was within my range, she lined up a quick inspection for me at the seller's request, got an expedited inspection approved... really went the extra mile! Unfortunately, the past came to haunt me. I ran into a glitch with my financing. AZ is a community property state. My ex and I remained married so I could adopt my little girl. I also had some financial struggles in the past, and basically needed another 45 days to be able to purchase. The pre-approval missed the issues somehow. So no, I was not able to purchase a home with Opendoor. Though it was to no fault of theirs - their people were far beyond what I would have expected. If you ate in a position to buy, go with Opendoor! They gave a great team! Just make sure you are financially healthy prior to getting your hopes up!
When I first heard about Opendoor, I was extremely skeptical. We needed to quickly sell my Mothers home after she passed away. The house needed work and we live out of town so we didn't have the time or desire to fix it up for sale ourselves. We decided to get a free no obligation offer from Opendoor. We went online, filled out some information on the house, scheduled a video walkthrough and within a few days we had a very good offer. I kept thinking of the saying "if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is." I was still very skeptical so we did a lot of research and read a lot of reviews. We felt pretty comfortable with them, plus we knew we could cancel right up until closing if we wanted to with no fees. We decided since the real estate market in Tampa was hot, we would go ahead and sell our other rental house if we could get a good enough offer. They gave us an offer we considered more than fair on that house as well and in two weeks we closed on both homes. The closing process went smoothly on the rental house, but there were a few last minute hiccups on the home which had gone through probate. Despite the hiccups,both homes closed on the exact date we chose, the money was in the bank within hours and all and all it could not have gone smoother. We highly recommend Opendoor. Do not think you would get more money going though a Realtor. It may or not be true, but it's worth it to give them a change to make you an offer just to get an idea of what it's worth. We did absolutely nothing to either home as far as repairs of fixing them up for sale. They paid cash, so there was no last minute negotiating for us to fix anything. They made the offers, we accepted them and closed exactly when we wanted to in about 2 weeks.
(Tampa) - Posted 3 weeks ago