Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Opendoor has a home for sale next to mine. Its workers stole some property from my yard and they refuse to reimburse me.
Thanks for letting us know about this. This is not the experience we strive to deliver at Opendoor. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com so we can look into this matter!
Opendoor was such a stress free process! They kept us informed of every process of our sale, The associates we worked with were very professional and knew the process. Kaajal was our go to representative and she was on her game. I would highly recommend Opendoor to everyone I know. Such an easy process, they gave me more for my house then what I was expecting, they kept there word on every aspect of the sale. Never have I had such a great time selling a house. Hopefully this is the last time we move, it's our 4th and it has been fun working with them. We did our closing and within 2 hours the money was wired directly to our account.
(San_antonio) - Posted 2 months ago
That's wonderful feedback to hear, Christopher! We always strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share!
We read all of the FAQs and criteria and it appears we would qualify. However we were told we were a risk of resale Per the algorithm. Our home is 12 years old and in great condition. Apparently the program isn’t for everyone. So, just be aware that you may not receive an offer. It’s important for people to know both sides before you get your hopes up.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and will utilize your feedback to further evaluate and develop.
IT was quick painless, very good people to work with. I will tell everone about my dealings with Opendoor.
(Jacksonville) - Posted 2 months ago
Richard, Happy to hear that - and even happier you took the time to tell us! Thanks for spreading the word!
Excellent and convenience
(Nashville) - Posted 2 months ago
Sarom, great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
Opendoor is the best! Very professional and personal and do what they say they’ll do. I’ve told friends and family about our experience, like I said they ARE the best
(Phoenix) - Posted 2 months ago
We're delighted to hear you've had a good experience with Opendoor Marty. We appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor!
This was definitely the best decision I could have made it was easy non-rushed definitely hassle free and Ltzal and everyone else were outstanding very knowledgeable knew what they were doing they walk you through the process if you have any problems if you are planning on selling your house open door is the way to go I’ll promise you you will not regret it
(Raleigh) - Posted 2 months ago
So glad to hear this Kenneth. Thanks for letting us know! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
My husband and I decided after 8 years of having a rental property that it was time to sell. We had been hearing Open Door radio advertisements and felt it was worth looking into. We called and spoke with a representative whom we worked with through the whole process. He was able to answer all of our questions, no matter how trivial, as we had never sold a property ourselves before. The process from beginning to end was seamless and moved with no hiccups. We are so appreciative of the Open Door team and the title company for their knowledge and support!!
(Nashville) - Posted 2 months ago
Hi Danielle, great to hear you've had a good experience with us! We appreciate you choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
Seems like a joke. Buggy website with errors. After getting all info website displayed an error.
I had a buyer close on a home in May of 2019 and just found out that Opendoor and their title co they never filed the new owner info with the proper authorities. The home is still in Opendoor's name. Since they also own the title co, it's not hard for them to do things like this.
Kerry, We value your feedback and take it seriously. We want to look into this! Please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address.
We had been dabbling with the idea of selling our home and moving into a more ideal location for a while but didn’t think it possible at the time. We got an offer from Opendoor and went with it on a whim. With the offer we were able to sell our home and trade in for another home in the exact location we had been dreaming of moving to. Opendoor made the process seamless for us and uncomplicated.
Thrilled to hear that Shea. Thanks for the positive review! We wish you all the best in this next chapter!
Very responsive to my many questions. From day one everything was easy and exceeded my expectations. Tucker was patient and a joy to work with.
(Phoenix) - Posted 2 months ago
We love great customer stories like yours. Thanks for sharing Juanita!
Open door provided us the time necessary to look and wait on a new build to be built, as well as to rid ourselves of a lot of stuff! That’s where the good stuff ends!

We owned our house free and clear and we had to borrow some money to get into a new build 1/2 the size in the same area ! Open door takes advantage of people in a legal sense makes the customer pay all fees! We started at 279,000 and walked into the new deal at about 248,000! Open door had paid almost nothing in my opinion out of pocket ! Good for them and we felt a bit violated in the sense that we owned our home and I felt so secure in that!

I could not imagine given different monitory circumstances and not owning our home out right that we would be where we are , we had to add a great deal of money to feel good about not feeling a little taken advantage of! Open door really holds all the cards in a deal as they have figured it out how to walk away with no debt or little debt in a deal!

I would be honest to people about open door! A person would have to decide on there own if they did a deal with open door! For myself it took a few bars of soap to wash clean! In the end it worked out for us, but I can’t keep thinking about all the others that didn’t have the advantages we had!! They did have those fees to-give and what happen to them ! I guess I would say I would say no I would not indorse open door , but I would tell my story and let them decide, we were treated ok, had time I still think of others, I will let them decide on open doors ! I can only tell my story!
If you have a home that is in good condition and does not need any major repairs, beware. After having our home assessed/inspected, we were told by the inspectors that our house was in excellent condition. The following day, we received a call from the Opendoor representative stating they have reduced their original offer by $14000. When asked why, we weren't told. Days later, after requesting to speak to a supervisor, we were contacted by a manager and told it was due to our lot "being sloped".
Sorry to hear this, and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. If you would like to please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address so we can better understand how our teams can improve.
Best experience I have ever had selling a house!
That’s fantastic to hear Marla, thanks for sharing your experience with us.
They don’t fix repairs on a home they’re selling if there’s too much listed issues to address. They under estimate the repair cost by giving you back money that they know won’t cover it. On top of that, they over price the house. Opendoor needs to do an inspection before they buy out someone from their old home. Or, fix the problem so u can get paid.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and want to look into this. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com with your property address so we can further evaluate this situation.
As a single mother I needed to sell my house fast and buy a new house in the area that I wanted my daughter to start a high school. Offerpad and Zillow both promised that they can give me the money that I asked for in the timely manner that they promise. They sent inspectors to my house wasted 1 and a half month of my time without answering me since they knew I'm short on time and cancelled the last mintues or offered me the price 50,000 below the initial offer. The Opendoor came to my rescue and offered me the price higher than what I asked for and were exteremly on time and professional. They did everything in their power so we can have a smooth moving to a new house. From the time I signed the contract with Opendoor to the time they transfer money to my account and purchased my house, it took us less than a week. I was able to purchase the new house and move 1 week before school starts all thank to Opendoor employees. They were not only purchased my house 1000 more than my asking offer but also fix the problem that their competitor caused for me. That is very important. Doing a business is great, fixing other people /companied mistakes are extraordinary. That's why I highly recommend this company to those who want to sell quickly without repairing their homes or dealing with agents and people visiting their homes.
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Pegah.
It was truly exceptional. They came in with the best price (we received 5 other offers), their assessment was more than fair and doing everything online was awesome! I was nervous after reading the other reviews but we did not experience any of what we read. They actually ended up giving us more (net) after coming and seeing the house than they had in the first online offer. It was super easy to get in touch with our experience manager and she did a great job of keeping us up to date with statuses. This was so much easier than using a realtor and I think we got more money for they house than we would have if we went the more traditional route. I can't speak for other areas of the country but our experience in the Phoenix area exceeded our expectations.
(Phoenix) - Posted 3 months ago
We love hearing stories like these! Thanks for taking the time to share, Dawn.
Been trying to close with open door this is the worst experience ever.
I am trying to close with open door they are making the first time buying a home the worst experience ever. I would not recomend them to no one
Hi Wendy, sorry to hear that this was your experience with us. We always strive to provide a stress-free, positive experience with Opendoor, but if we've fallen short, we want to look into it. Could you please reach out at community@opendoor.com so we can investigate? Thanks a lot!
Opendoor is rated 4.03 based on 697 reviews