Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

community@opendoor.com

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
If you want to deal with a buyer that actually does what they say they will do, experience great customer service, and not have to deal with people who change their minds, back out at the last minute, or fall through in the finance department, then Opendoor is definitely the place to go. Katie was fantastic to deal with, I got a great price, and yes that includes after the fees that are charged, I actually walked away with more than i would have if i had sold it to the other two buyers who dropped the ball, which led me back to Opendoor after months of dealing with realtors and unqualified buyers.
My highest recommendation, as i closed in three weeks from start to finish without the worry, Amazing experience and All Positive!!!
Thanks for the love Norman! We will be sure to share your kind words with the team.
They won't buy a home with leased solar panels according to Austin. However, I am purchasing a home from them that has leased solar from Tesla. Why they would not buy my home makes no sense because I have leased solar panels from Tesla.
Tim, We value your feedback and take it seriously. We want to look into this! Please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address.
I was absolutely stunned. We decided to sell, I went to opendoors website. Typed in my address. Answered a few questions, then received an offer. The actual amount I anticipated from a traditional transaction with a realtor. The difference is they only charge 5% as opposed to 6.5% from most realtors. I then received a phone call within 15-30 minutes from a friendly and helpful agent. She viewed the inside of the home via a video conference app. Then scheduled an exterior inspection for the next morning, we didn't even need to be present for. They solidified the offer. And the title company was absolutely amazing and efficient. They sent a couple documents I just clicked a few times to sign. Then, on closing day received the funds took pictures of the empty house and left. It was so easy and paid so fairly this is without a doubt changing the real estate industry. I recommend anyone to do this. To put it in perspective, my neighbor put his house on the market with a traditional real estate agent a month prior to me contacting opendoor. It was in pending contract after 3 days listed... We chose to close 5 weeks later. My neighbors house was still pending when we moved out.
Hi Erich, great to hear you've had a good experience with us! We appreciate you choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
One of the easiest and best experiences selling a home. Austin was great and always available to answer any questions we had. Thank you for this great experience.
(Las_vegas) - Posted 2 months ago
Thanks for the love Victor! We will be sure to share your kind words with the team.
Ben, Justin, and Tara were awesome. They made the sale of my home easy, fast, and stress free. They helped with any questions I had. Thank all of you so much!
(Dallas) - Posted 2 months ago
Thank you for your feedback Caretta. This made our day to hear!
Buying with Opendoor made it easy to purchase a home even while out of state. Virtual tours, responsive people, and a smooth process were all great! Looking forward to closing and moving in :)
This is great to hear! Thank you for supporting what we do and happy to hear you've had a great experience with us.
The whole process was so quick and seemless, from my realtor Lorraine Andrew’s to my loan expert. Everyone was so friendly and quick with the process as well as their responses. I loved my experience and would use them again in the future if I needed to. I couldn’t say enough good things about the Opendoor process.
Thanks for the love Ashleigh! We will be sure to share your kind words with the team.
Great offer on my condo and bent over backwards to help me get the home I wanted. Made the whole process seem easy from start to finish.
(Phoenix) - Posted 2 months ago
We love hearing stories like these! Thanks for taking the time to share, Mike.
We have very positive experience with Opendoor team. It was very fast and courteous service. It was up front what you expect and what not. For us price was what they told us in the beginning.
(Charlotte) - Posted 2 months ago
That’s fantastic to hear Govind, thanks for sharing your experience with us.
selling my home to Opendoor was a very easy process painless process. It saved me the hassle of putting my house on the market and hopefully getting a buyer in the time frame that I wanted. Also, the staff members that I dealt with were always friendly and accommodating.
(Las_vegas) - Posted 2 months ago
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Russell.
Months ago, when I checked to see if I could get an iBuyer offer from OpenDoor, their website said they didn't service my area, yet, but recently I checked again and the website presented me with an offer range and prompted me to schedule a 30-minute virtual walkthrough of my property to finalize the offer. That walkthrough turned out to be a video meeting with a rep who wasted my time asking about my reasons for selling and what realtors I'd talked to and promoted OpenDoor's non-iBuyer listing and realtor affiliate services before telling me they don't buy high-rise condos in my area, and then said they'd have a partner realtor contact me, who turned out to be a bit pushy (had to tell him twice I don't want to work with OpenDoor and by implication, him). I was really interested in trying out the iBuyer option as a way to avoid aggressive and ethically questionable realtors I've had to deal with before, but the OpenDoor bait-and-switch just moved it online, and their supposedly great commission discount is just 1% off the industry standard maximum and above what my previous realtor charged me. Also, there's no way to delete an account on their website, so I'm rather suspicious about all the spam telephone calls I've been getting from realtors lately.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and want to look into this. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com with your property address so we can further evaluate this situation.
Very Pleasant.
(Raleigh) - Posted 2 months ago
Thanks for sharing, Shahid!
Very pleased with process. Felt comfortable with time line and pleased with offer. Recommend this for anyone selling. Definitely a game changer and convenient. So relieved. These guys handle the big stuff!!
Bianca, We appreciate your kind feedback 💙
The process of selling my home through open door was so convenient. The folks were knowledgeable, efficient and timely. Things went smoothly from beginning to end with barely a blip of inconvenience. I cannot say enough about this process. It's definitely a game changer. The offer was spot on and the process took a little more than a week barely. I'm very glad I stepped out and called them.
Bianca great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
I was looking to do a quick sale of my house. I wanted to move to a single story with a pool. Open Door helped make it happen. I also want to thank Alex for making the process go by without any hassle.
(Las_vegas) - Posted 2 months ago
Wonderful to hear that it worked for you! Thanks for sharing your experience Vince.
The price they offered was as good as I expected to get on the open market.
But they were very disorganized and unprofessional. It felt like I was the first client they’ve ever had and everybody was trying to figure out how things work. To top it off, on closing day I had to jump in to get a payoff quote from my bank - opendoor was going to delay closing One Week because they didn’t have the loan payoff amount - it took me at most 15 minutes to get the bank to fax it to them.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and will utilize your feedback to further evaluate and develop.
Caroline Allison absolutely able person Everything went amazingly smoothly and she was impressed with her ability to get my sale successfully completed during the shutdown. I'd definitely recommend her to others. She was great!
Glad to hear you had a positive experience with us Seena. We appreciate your feedback!
The Home Reserve program with Opendoor made moving a possibility for my family. We worked with Jonathan Jenkins, and he was very hands on and attentive throughout the process. His communication and attention to detail was great, and he always seemed to be available to answer questions and follow up on any issues that came up. He truly was great to work with. The process of buying and selling is stressful, but Opendoor seemed to make it easier and the fact that we could move into our new home before listing our current home made it something that was realistic for us.
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Sean.
I had a great experience with Opendoor and the sale of my condo. The process was simple and easy to follow. I could not believe how quickly the process was from start to finish.
(Phoenix) - Posted 2 months ago
Tom, Happy to hear that and even happier you took the time to tell us! Thanks for spreading the word!
Opendoor has given me an amazing buying experience. I did not have the best experience with the financing department but I have sold my home to open door, and I have bought a house through Opendoor and have had an amazing experience! They provided me a great offer on my home and I was able to purchase my dream home using one of their agents that I highly recommend, Trevor Hendrickson. The process so far has been so smooth and I have gotten such a fast response on both ends! I highly recommend using Opendoor for a smooth and convenient experience!
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Megan.
Opendoor is rated 4.10 based on 884 reviews