Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

community@opendoor.com

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
Opendoor 5 star review on 23rd October 2021
Opendoor 5 star review on 3rd September 2021
Russell
Opendoor 5 star review on 3rd September 2021
Russell
Avoid this company. They will make you an offer then back out after several days with lies. I did an addition with permits gave them all information and they still told me they were backing out of the offer with no other reasons.
We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, your feedback is important to us. Please reach out to resolution@opendoor.com with your name, property address, and the details of your situation, so we can look into this further.
I got a great offer from Opendoor! The entire process went very smoothly. I didn’t have any issues whatsoever. When I had questions they were answered immediately. I had a great experience and would definitely recommend Opendoor to anyone thinking about selling their house.
We are very happy to hear this, Deanna! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides and we are thankful for wanting to share this experience. Please send us an email with your story at support@opendoor.com. Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction!
Avoid this company at all cost as a seller. They do not complete any inspections on there own but will sign your agreement that there are no issues. They are totally unresponsive but somehow pushed us to close in 21 days. Not realistic when you can't get a hold of them. So obviously trying to ignore you past your grace period and lock you into a purchase of a home they know nothing about. The dimensions, rooms, bathrooms, and even details like the countertop were not accurate whatsoever on the listing compared to in person. I have no idea how this company is even operable!!!!!!!!!!!
We value your feedback and would like to investigate this further. Would you please send us an email describing the issue with your name and property address to resolution@opendoor.com?
Working with Opendoor has been a great experience! Dora and her team were helpful, answered any and all questions and worked well with us every step of the way. We had to extend our rent back time and postpone our move due to emergency surgery. They didn't quibble with us on timing or the delay, everything went smoothly. They helped reduce the stress we were feeling due to the unforeseen set backs. Opendoor was great to work with!
That’s amazing to hear, Merci! Thank you for your kind words and for trusting Opendoor with such an important transaction. We are always excited to read such positive reviews and we would be honored if you would like to share your story with us by sending an email to support@opendoor.com.
We decided 4 months ago to buy land and build. We were considering selling our current home and moving into a rental we own during the process. To prepare for selling, we contacted our realtor along with Opendoor to see our options. Opendoor made an attractive offer that allowed us to not have to go through the hassle of showing the home. They offered us on a closing date that worked for our timing. I must admit I was skeptical about the entire process, but was pleasantly surprised on how smooth the transaction went. We would recommend contacting Opendoor before you sell.
(Charlotte) - Posted 3 weeks ago
We love hearing stories like yours, John! Thank you for supporting what we do and for spreading the word about Opendoor. We wish you all the best in this next chapter!
Best decision ever. Smooth transaction. Great team to work with. Just an overall great experience. Highly recommended.
(Dallas) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Adrianus, this is so great to hear! We strive to offer the best services to our customers and your kind words mean so much to us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story with us by sending an email to support@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to write this review and have a wonderful day!
Opeendoor was great, I highly recommended it to everyone, it was the most pleasant and easy experience, I would do it again.
We are very happy to hear this, Gina! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides and we are thankful for wanting to share this experience. Please send us an email with your story at support@opendoor.com. Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction!
We were buying a new home and this couldn’t have worked out better. We were able to choose our closing date and stay in our home until we closed on the new build. Our closing went very smoothly!
(Minneapolis) - Posted 3 weeks ago
We are very happy to hear this, Adam! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides and we are thankful for wanting to share this experience. Please send us an email with your story at support@opendoor.com. Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction!
We will never sell a house any other way! This was by far the easiest and fastest house selling experience! Eric was so wonderful to work with, answering questions along the way.
(Cleveland_oh) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Becky, this is so great to hear! We strive to offer the best services to our customers and your kind words mean so much to us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story with us by sending an email to support@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to write this review and have a wonderful day!
Sidney was perfect she made the whole experience very easy.
(Dallas) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Thank you for supporting what we do, Kevin, and we're happy to hear that you've had a great experience with us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story in more detail by sending an email to support@opendoor.com. Have a wonderful day!
After video conferencing the tour indoors and someone out for the outdoors, I was quoted repairs of over $34,000! Repair a small part of a roof still under warranty, a lanai that needs paint and screening and tree removal which is an assumption and no need to remove part of the charm of my quiet neighborhood. My home is worth $295 - 345,000. My net after everything would be $229,00. Rip off to the worst degree! Absolutely no repairs indoors either. Don’t let this company take advantage! Very dissatisfied!
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! A negotiation doesn’t reach a common ground every time, but we are constantly improving our services and we would like to look into this further for you. Please reach out to contact@opendoor.com with your name, property address, and the details of your experience so we can investigate this situation.
Opendoor made it so easy to sell my house so that we could focus on buying a new house. No showings for potential buyers to complicate things! It was such a relief to know that selling the house was a done deal! What was REALLY awesome was the flexible closing date. We were able to schedule the closing date after the closing date on the new house which made it SO convenient.
(Raleigh) - Posted 4 weeks ago
We are very happy to hear this, Tracey! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides and we are thankful for wanting to share this experience. Please send us an email with your story at support@opendoor.com. Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction!
From start to finish the entire process was easy. All communication with the Opendoor representatives was timely. I would highly recommend Opendoor to my family and friends.
(Nashville) - Posted 4 weeks ago
Kimberly, thank you so much for your kind words! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly fulfilling to us. If you would like to share more of your story or if you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to contact us at support@opendoor.com. It is our honor to help you!
My parents passed and left us a house in need of repairs. We all had our own homes so we decided to sell. Opendoor’s offer was better than any other cash buyer. We closed as quick as we could get the lien search. Fast and friendly.
Thank you very much for sharing your story, Janet! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your kind words are incredibly valuable to us. We appreciate you choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
Open Door has followed thru with all of our expectations. They have been utmost comprehensive and informative. The communications have been with extreme timelines. We are very grateful for their help and service. Thank you so much Open Door, Ray Webber
Ray, this is so great to hear! We strive to offer the best services to our customers and your kind words mean so much to us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story with us by sending an email to support@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to write this review and have a wonderful day!
I don’t think I could have ever achieved this goal without Opendoor cash backing me! This is my first home and Chris and I got it worked out !! I am so grateful today and shedding tears this journey has been long! Without Opendoor reputation I would still be searching!!
We love hearing stories like yours, Robinson! Thank you for supporting what we do and for spreading the word about Opendoor. We wish you all the best in this next chapter!
From our initial video walk through to our online closing, each individual we worked with was very professional and answered all our questions. The entire process was seamless!
(Dallas) - Posted 4 weeks ago
Charlotte, this is so great to hear! We strive to offer the best services to our customers and your kind words mean so much to us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story with us by sending an email to support@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to write this review and have a wonderful day!
Best and easiest way to sell your home for a above fair price !!
(Tampa) - Posted 4 weeks ago
We are very happy to hear this, James! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides and we are thankful for wanting to share this experience. Please send us an email with your story at support@opendoor.com. Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction!
I had the greatest experience working with Opendoor and my representative Lisa. The process was extremely simple. I received an advertisement card in the mail, went online, entered my address and received my initial offer, which exceeded my expectation. A representative came to my house, I believe, the next day or within a couple of days to perform an assessment. After the assessment, the offer was even better! I accepted the offer and sold my home very quickly. During the entire process, my representative, Lisa, was fantastic at assisting me through each step. She was patient with my many questions due to my nervousness because I just couldn't believe selling my home was that simple. I kept waiting for the "gotcha" which NEVER came! It was my first time selling a home but it was the best process ever! I didn't have to worry about putting my house on the market and having strangers trample through my home while I was still living there. I would highly recommend Opendoor to sell OR buy a home, as I also bought my new home through them and the process was just as smooth. I actually sold a home and purchased a new one through them all within a few weeks! I wish I could give them additional stars! I am the world's greatest skeptic and normally don't give credence to advertisers, especially via mail or internet. However, Opendoor is the real deal! They are a very legitimate company and give great offers to purchase. I have told everyone I know, including strangers :-), about this amazing company. May God bless Opendoor to continue to grow, be successful and help make people dreams come true!
(Greensboro_nc) - Posted 4 weeks ago
We love hearing stories like yours, Deborah! Thank you for supporting what we do and for spreading the word about Opendoor. We wish you all the best in this next chapter!
Great people. Fast and easy.
(Austin) - Posted 4 weeks ago
Thank you for supporting what we do, Weldon, and we're happy to hear that you've had a great experience with us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story in more detail by sending an email to support@opendoor.com. Have a wonderful day!
Opendoor is rated 4.37 based on 1,980 reviews