Opendoor Reviews

84% of reviewers recommend Opendoor

About Opendoor: In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy

Under an hour
"We needed to sell our home quickly and working with Open Door was easy. They handled all the paperwork and communicated with us through the entire process. It was a very good experience and I highly recommend them."
Thrilled to hear that Cassandra. Thanks for the positive review! We wish you all the best in this next chapter!
"I was very skeptical of open door because it was all online and it just seemed way too easy. But they were wonderful. They made us a very fair offer on our home and worked with us every step of the way. It has never been so easy to sell a house. I would recommend them to anyone."
Great to hear about your experience. We love hearing stories like yours!
How did you work with Opendoor? I sold my home to Opendoor
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Coon Rapids
Your Name: Rachal
"No showings, friendly staff and things were quick and easy from start to finish. We loved the ease of online communication too."
(Minneapolis) - Posted 2 months ago
That’s fantastic to hear Rachal, thanks for sharing your experience with us.
"Opendoor is a white glove service. From the quote to the closing they made everything extremely simple and ridiculously convenient. From the sales team to the title company, everyone bent over backwards to make the process stress free. Any questions I had were quickly answered and resolved. I highly recommend selling your home through Opendoor."
Carol, Happy to hear that - and even happier you took the time to tell us! Thanks for spreading the word!
"They are fantastic! Made selling my home painless. Very friendly and responsive to questions. Can’t thank rave about open door enough!"
Glad to hear you had a positive experience with us Phil. We appreciate your feedback!
"The sale if my house to opendoor wascsonsmooth and easy, very organized and I picked the closing date!"
We’re always happy to hear about the positive experiences our customers have with us. Thank you for sharing Denise!
"Open door made us a more than fair offer. We didn't have to make any of the minor repairs to make the house "showable", didn't have to go through repeated showings, and didn't even have to do a final cleanup. For a modest fee they hauled off all the stuff we didn't want to move. The transaction went exceptionally smooth. We are very pleased and would use them again if needed."
So glad to hear this Tom. Thanks for letting us know! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
How did you work with Opendoor? I sold my home to Opendoor
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Tampa
Your Name: Jonathan Steed
"All I can say is wow! I didn’t believe it would be this easy. From the exceptional customer service to the offer amount for our home. Selling a home this way is pain free. I have been recommending Open Door to everyone I know and will certainly be using it again for my future real estate needs. I have to extend a personal thank you to Lisa McGill whom was fabulous and patient with me throughout the whole process. Thank you Open Door:)"
We're delighted to hear you've had a good experience with Opendoor. We appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor! :)
"It was my 50th Birthday coming up and I already had plans. I was able to move my date up and was able to save money! Everyone was courteous, friendly, patient and kind! They really wanted to help us to be able to move into that next chapter in our lives. We didn’t have to make any repairs, they did that for us. It was convenient and fast. I love that we were given the chance to choose. They were able to sell our home at an affordable price for someone else. It was the right fit for my family."
Thrilled to hear that Charlisa. Thanks for the positive review! We wish you all the best in this next chapter!
"Fair price for my home, fair repair request quote, easy closings for the sale of my home and the purchase of my new home. I would definitely use Opendoor again in the future."
Glad to hear you had a positive experience with us Ivette. We appreciate your feedback!
"Wow!!! This was the easiest RE transaction i have ever been a part of and I am a Realtor. Opendoor did exactly what they said they would do. It was quick and painless. We were given a good price and they followed through. There were no hidden fees for repairs as a mater fact we were only asked for $600. off purchase price toward repair. We only paid for our closing cost. Not for buyers cost. This was way to easy!! Thank you Opendoor."
"The best selling experience I’ve ever had and I’ve sold a lot of homes in my life. The price was great, customer service was outstanding. The open door staff was extremely flexible with my schedule as were the appraisers and inspectors. My only complaint was the attorney they selected. They were very difficult to get information from but overall the experience was phenomenal"
"The house selling process was very easy. No for sale sign; no negotiating with prospective buyers, no worries about prospective buyers not getting a loan to purchase, and no strangers coming in and out of the house. Opendoor made a reasonable offer; closing costs were reasonable, I accepted the offer and was able to close soon thereafter. My neighbors were not aware the house was for sale until I told them. Selling through Opendoor is the only way to go!"
We’re always happy to hear about the positive experiences our customers have with us. Thank you for sharing Leithland!
"Brock went way out of his way to help the process go smoothly!!!"
"The customer service was awesome. This company made selling my home super easy and I will use them again in the future for all of my real estate needs. Thank you Open Door!"
Thank you for your feedback. This made our day to hear!
"Open door is a great to do business with."
"Selling to Opendoor was the best thing I have done. As a parent of a special needs child it would have been extremely difficult to leave my house each time some one wanted to look at it. Everyone at Opendoor was extremely helpful and professional. Would gladly do it again!"
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Nancy.
"The Open Door team I worked with was great. From the offer to the close, they made the whole experience painless. I was well informed every step of the way. All was handled professionally and with no glitches. I would highly recommend OpenDoor."
"Easy, no home showing , professional service"
"Have sold to Opendoor twice now. First sale had a problem with the closing attorney, not Opendoor's fault at all and they did eventually come through. Not a big enough problem to prevent us from using them a second time. Inspections and quoted cost to make necessary repairs were very fair and I know this as I am a contractor. Most of the repairs I wouldn't do myself for the cost they listed. Both times we obtained quotes from 2 other buying services as well as local Realtors to know what to expect as to pricing, comparison sales, and listing time. Both houses we may have been able to walk away with 5-8 thousand $'s more if we had made the repairs ourselves, listed, and shown the house with a Realtor, but to be able to schedule our closing and walk away without ANY of the hassles of making the repairs, listing, the parade of showings, the counter offers, and last minute closing failures was WELL worth it."
David, it's great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
Opendoor is rated 4.38 based on 530 reviews