The AA Reviews

customer.services@theaa.com

Tell us how The AA made you happy
The AA 1 star review on 14th November 2022
The AA 1 star review on 14th November 2022
The AA attended a breakdown of my wife's electric car on a cold January day. The Wife, two kids aged 7 and 4 and elderly mother-in-law were in the car. The AA engineer turned up (late) then said he didn't know how to fix or move a broken-down electric car. He went on to tell my wife that she HAD to buy an overpriced Relay upgrade otherwise she would be stuck there indefinitely. He then gave her the office number and a reference to quote when ordering the upgrade (presumably so he got his commission) and left her at the roadside. My wife did not like being bullied like this, but the children were cold and hungry so she relented. I re-assured her that we would likely be able to reclaim the costs via a complaint. The relay call was attended by a different engineer who got the car moving within 60 seconds of arriving (it was just a discharged 12V battery) and was baffled at why the earlier engineer did not know how to fix it. According to him, ALL AA engineers are trained on starting electric vehicles. It seems that some of them are also trained on taking advantage of the vulnerable to earn commission on membership upgrades. When I raised a complaint to the head office, their conduct was justified on account of "small print" in the membership contract, effectively "doubling down" on the engineer's reprehensible behaviour. The message this sent to me is that this engineer's behaviour was not a one off, but rather mistreatment of Customers for financial gain is systemic at the AA - to the point where they actually write small print to enable and protect it. I urge anyone considering breakdown cover to avoid the AA like the plague and go with one of the many, many other options out there. Their well-known brand is not an assurance of quality but a screen they hide behind to exploit their Customers. They are the Vodafone of the Breakdown world. AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!
As a carer I purchased an AA recovery policy and all ways felt confident that they would be able to provide a professional service if I was ever to break down with a vulnerable service user. Turns out this is not the case, after waiting three hours and reporting that I had a vulnerable person with me it sadly is not the case. The original time give changed several times before any recovery was attempted and the fact I mentioned twice in two separate calls this information was not logged or passed on, I now have serious concerns with using this service and am currently looking at other options. I have always viewed review sites with caution but based on my own experience I think the trust pilot rating to probably be correct.
American Airlines racist, bias, discriminative treatment of me at Atlanta/Miami airports during 4th of July weekend 2021! This airline should be put out of business. They lied about airport being closed in St Lucia continually not updating the public and only pushing flights back as not to give refunds. I literally called the resort and was given proper information and was told AA knew of the situation. When I asked to be flown back home because it was no fault of my own I was told I would need to wait (at my own expense) in Miami and no refund Wouk be given ! Though I observed and overheard others (Caucasians and Hispanics) being given all kind of concessions including hotel/food vouchers, refunds, trip credits for future travel dates, etc. Keep in mind I noticed that a great deal of the AA employees at the Miami international airport customer service counters were of Hispanic origin. I penned an email to AA executive leadership including Doug Parker (CEO)! I am waiting to hear back! To top it off I am back home (thank God) but have yet to get my luggage! American Airlines is a gross JOKE of an airline. And I warn you to steer clear. If you do not want to believe me I Googled (attached) the United States best to worst airlines and AA was last! This was my first and LAST experience of this airline. I’ll never deviate from Delta again. And I ever flew Spirit once and had a better experience. I do not leave reviews of this caliber unless it traumatized me so bad that I could not resist! I do not want anyone else to have to experience this kind of treatment so I feel it is my duty to warn the public! I have never in my life been so mishandled, disrespected, talked to in such a condescending, curt, rude and nasty manner EVER! The entire airline is in the toilet and needs customer service courses and classes on how to serve the public because they grossly lack etiquette and class. It makes me love Delta Airlines even more. Please for your life, peace and personal well-being steer clear of American Airlines. Sincerely, Dr. G
The AA 1 star review on 3rd July 2021
Try to AVOID this so-called Big company, it's only after your money with no service, we sought help and paid £109 for a small job of a car tyre change. I waited for 5 hours in chilling cold weather on M25. After 5hours and 3 calls with 10 mins waiting time. They sent someone called Mansfield garage. GUY came and taken my car to the nearest fuel station safe place but did not change the type, again waited for someone to come from AA but no one arrived. Ultimately, I have had to pay someone to do it. When the next day I called back to AA to cancel my membership they have not issued a full refund. This is how they treat you on EMERGENCY HELP. Please find someone reliable than AA HELP
Very sad to say that I have just left the AA to join anther service after almost fifty years. I have just got fed up with the annual inflated renewal request. Especially when I have a very low annual mileage and have not had reason to call anyone out for several years.
They will just rip you off. Stay away. If you are in trouble, the worst company to go to. Worst customer service.
After applying for employment with AA and receiving an email last Thursday to say I'd been successful in gaining a telephone interview at 8.30am on the 17th Oct, I then received an email at approx 8.10am on the 17th Oct stating my application wouldn't be being taken any further as I had applied for the same role within a six month period. I did declare this on my current application. The fact I have had to re arrange my work schedule, take time out to prepare for the interview and to then be notified 20 mins before the interview that I wouldn't be being considered I find absolutely disgraceful and disrespectful and a complete lack of communication on the AA's part. Date of experience: 17 October 2022
Called twice and both times the attitude of the agents made me feel worse than the situation I was in. I am told I will have to wait about 3 hours although it js a Sunday morning Always buy your own breakdown instead of going through halifax
The AA 1 star review on 9th October 2022
DO NOT INSUREWITH THE AA My husband had cover with the AA. He died in January and I notified them and they changed the policy to my name. They omitted to tell me that I was no longer covered for home breakdowns. I had flat battery at home in June, they told me I was not covered for home breakdown and eventually acknowledged that home breakdown should have been included and I understood that they have amended the policy. I had a flat tyre this morning and again the told me I did not have home cover. After discussions between 10am-1pm, during which time I had to get a friend to take me to a long-awaited hospital appointment, I got a local garage to deal with the problem. I decided to cancel my policy but the DO NOT GIVE ANY REFUNDS for the outstanding 6 months. Response to my complaint will be up to 8 weeks! They used to be so good.
I called the AA who although they responded in a timely manner, the attitude of the operative was completely negative, he admitted to not being qualified to diagnose my vehicle and I was left to sort out my own problem and had to abandon the vehicle overnight. On my eventual return to my residence, I tried to file a complaint and was met with nothing but obstacles. It is a shame as I have been a member for over 30 yrs and have had wonderful service in that period, but this company is not one that I recognise !!
They have more than doubled my membershipI've sent emails, letters and they refuse to discuss unless on the phone - my phone has been down and my lifestyle doesn't suit a long discussion which is then referred through a manager - in 2022 we should have a choice about how we communicate. I offered to pay the same as last year and just renew but they are not answering emails or letters and haven't done since 20 July. I have been a member for over 20 years. Disgusting service
Just finished a chat with 2 operators Helen and Cailtian both brilliant and very helpful. THANK YOU BOTH.
I have been with AA for a number of years now, the way I have been treated yesterday, I have never been let down like this by any other organisations. I booked a breakdown on the app at 4:45pm, I made a phone call via the app to explain the problem in depth details. I specifically told them my vehicle has fuel leaked out, it is an automatic, I’m stuck in a petrol station. I was told that someone would be with me in about an hour time. Two hours later, I received a phone call from one of ‘Jackson’s Of Birmingham’ employee, he stated he would be with me in a few minutes, the gentleman came in an ordinary van to my surprise, he opened the bonnet of the vehicle asked me to try and starting it, I did as I was told, he realised one of the fuel pipe was split therefor it was leaking fuel. I was told that he would call for a truck to come and pick my car up, I was specifically told to wait for a phone call. That phone call never came, at 8:24pm I phoned AA, it took them 1 hour and 15 minutes to answer my phone call, which only lasted 2 minutes, I enquired about the truck which was supposed to come and rescue me, I was told no one had notified them! I explained to the lady I have been waiting over 4 hours for a rescue with false hopes, I was told she would send a truck out as soon as possible. At 10:37pm, I received a phone call from a number in London, some lady said the driver will be with you in 15 minutes. The driver did come but again he was driving a van and not a truck. When he looked at my vehicle, he realised I needed a truck and not a van, he contacted AA directly but they asked him to deal with it, it took the gentleman 45 minutes to take my back 2 wheels off, attach different wheels to it. I ended up being towed to my garage at 01:00am, it was a 2.1 miles distance from where I broke down, it was obvious the garage was going to be closed at that time of the morning. It took the AA gentleman a further 45 minutes, to take his wheels off my car and put mine one on again. From calling AA for a rescue at 4:45pm, they finally got my car to my destination (2.1 miles) at 01:45am. I thought RAC was bad with a 90 minutes response time, the AA took more or less 9 hours for a 2.1 miles rescue. It’s a good thing I had access to another car, otherwise my phone battery would have died and then I would have been stuck. Usually when AA completes their job, they always send you a questionnaire on how they had performed, this time they didn’t bother to do so. Moral of the story, I would keep far far away from this organisation it’s absolutely a joke.
The AA 1 star review on 18th June 2022 The AA 1 star review on 18th June 2022 The AA 1 star review on 18th June 2022 The AA 1 star review on 18th June 2022 The AA 1 star review on 18th June 2022
AA is £2.6 billion in debt and no longer care? Theirs a reason why TheAA is £2.6 billion in debt and no longer care about their customers. Its all about clawing their way out the debt and charging premium prices. Ive been a member since i was 21 im now 50+ Never had any problems till today i had puncture and called for AA to change tyre. They told me my membership had expired last year Jan 2020. The only way someone would come out is if i took out a new membership their and then. Ridiculous thought as i had only renewed my membership less than 2 weeks ago til Jan 2022. However the AA said im not a member according to their system and they wouldnt come out. Clearly a system error somewhere. I have checked with bank the renewal membership money was taken out in Dec first week. I have a renewal confirmation letter. They even sent me out 4 new cards. Still according to the system i am not a member. Thankyou AA for stealing my money and in my hour of need telling me to get lost!! Thankyou
My wife who works as a NHS district nurse called AA due to a flat battery half way through her shift, little did she know her car tax had expired the previous day but the AA informed her they would not attend due to expired car tax. She explained she was a NHS nurse on duty and had patients to visit but the AA response was sorry we cant attend , As if to leave a lone female stranded on a dark night wasn't enough, to leave a working NHS nurse unable to finish her visits due to a oversight in car car tax due to the pressure shes under at the moment , after 23 years of loyal membership its time to say goodbye- AA you are disgrace
After 35 years with AA they quoted me £323 for the same cover with Green Flag £96. I am a pensioner and I think they are taking the proverbial for somebody who has been so loyal to them. I'm afraid loyalty means nothing to these companies. Every year you have to look around.
On a recent call out on the M62 The lights were on as the car was on the hard shoulder. When he loaded the car the lights were still on as it was dark. I did not travel with the vehicle as he called me an ambulance as I was unwell. I did provide my home address. The lights were left on after unloading as were still on when retrieving the car 3 days later hence flat battery requiring replacement. In view of this I find the negligence unacceptable and this has cost me money for the replacement. I also am dismayed regarding the additional detail and confusion regarding the whereabouts of the car and keys.
The AA recently attended a call out to me on the M62. When he loaded the car the lights were still on as it was dark. I did not travel with the vehicle as he called me an ambulance as I was unwell. I did provide my home address. The lights were left on after unloading as were still on when retrieving the car 3 days later hence flat battery requiring replacement. In view of this I find the negligence unacceptable and this has cost me money for the replacement. I also am dismayed regarding the additional detail and confusion regarding the whereabouts of the car and keys.
Hit a pothole 15th Dec on the M6 in the roadworks northbound at J13 which blew both offside tyres. After pulling over I called the AA. Despite informing them I was on the roadworks they said they would send a patrol. Highways England actually do the recovering from this section of roadworks and they turned up after 40mins and recovered me to Keele Services. I then had to call the AA again and tell them I was being recovered to Keele Services. About 45mins after being left at Keele Services a contractor sent by the AA arrived. Guess what???...he'd been told by the AA that it was a single puncture!!! So, he could not help and advised he would ring it through as a recovery job. Guess what???...no recovery came. So, I ring the AA again and they have no idea I'm waiting for recovery. I'm promised recovery within the hour. It's now almost three hours since I first called the AA for assistance and I'm still waiting for them to actually show some competence and recover me to my destination. Update - it's now 3hrs 40mims since initial call to AA. The AA app on my phone says recovery will not now be with me until 04:20am - that's 5hrs since I first called them!!! Update - Guess what??? First recovery driver who arrived at Keele Services could only take me the first 50 miles of the remaining 120 miles of my journey due to being on his limit of hours...just unbelievable!!! Now waiting in Lymm Truck Stop Services for a second recovery truck to do the next 70 miles to my destination. It's now 6hrs since I first called the AA and all I've had from them is utter incompetence and complete indifference!!! Update: After a further 2 hour wait the second recovery driver turns up and takes me the final leg of the journey arriving at 09:00am. The first call to AA was made at 11:20pm the previous night! So, to recap - On calling the AA at 11:20pm and clearly stating to them that I was in roadworks with a double puncture they do not tell me that the Highways Agency will recover me from the roadworks, they then send a contractor to the services area (where I've been recovered to by the Highways Agency) to fix a single puncture. When he arrives he sees it's a double puncture (as the AA have been told) and says the vehicle needs to be recovered. I wait...and wait - when I call the AA I discover they have not sent recovery and don't know anything about it. Three hours later recovery arrives but he can only take me 50 miles of the 120 miles to my destination. Once dropped off by first recovery driver I am forced to wait another 2 and a half hours for the second recovery driver. To top the whole experience off nicely the second driver turned out to be a miserable so-and-so who refused to turn up the heat any higher than what suited him thus causing a very cold journey in the back of his cab for 2 hours! It took over 9 hours for the AA to recover myself and my vehicle a distance of 120 miles which included waiting times of 5 hours for recovery trucks. Totally unacceptable and I am cancelling my membership. The worst experience I have ever had from any breakdown service in over 30 years of driving. To anyone contemplating joining the AA I would say this... DON'T!!! You've been warned!
Unable to get through to talk to a member of the AA re membership renewal costing double of a new member and have been waiting in a queues on several days of attempt with no luck. Tried the on line chat and no help. The call back facility on line does not work either treid twice and no call back. After 29 years membership and being asked to pay double the new customer rate. Have cancelled my direct debit and will be joining else where at a much better cost. Not interested in AA on facebook trying to justify that Gold membership gives you more not when you are paying addition costs anyway. NEED TO FOCUS MORE ON TREATING YOUR LONG TERM MEMBERS FAIRLY NOT USE THEM TO SUBSIDISE NEW MEMBERS!!!!
The AA is rated 3.2 based on 1,556 reviews