The AA Reviews

-1 hours
Read The AA Reviews

customer.services@theaa.com

Tell us how The AA made you happy
The AA attended a breakdown of my wife's electric car on a cold January day. The Wife, two kids aged 7 and 4 and elderly mother-in-law were in the car. The AA engineer turned up (late) then said he didn't know how to fix or move a broken-down electric car. He went on to tell my wife that she HAD to buy an overpriced Relay upgrade otherwise she would be stuck there indefinitely. He then gave her the office number and a reference to quote when ordering the upgrade (presumably so he got his commission) and left her at the roadside. My wife did not like being bullied like this, but the children were cold and hungry so she relented. I re-assured her that we would likely be able to reclaim the costs via a complaint. The relay call was attended by a different engineer who got the car moving within 60 seconds of arriving (it was just a discharged 12V battery) and was baffled at why the earlier engineer did not know how to fix it. According to him, ALL AA engineers are trained on starting electric vehicles. It seems that some of them are also trained on taking advantage of the vulnerable to earn commission on membership upgrades. When I raised a complaint to the head office, their conduct was justified on account of "small print" in the membership contract, effectively "doubling down" on the engineer's reprehensible behaviour. The message this sent to me is that this engineer's behaviour was not a one off, but rather mistreatment of Customers for financial gain is systemic at the AA - to the point where they actually write small print to enable and protect it. I urge anyone considering breakdown cover to avoid the AA like the plague and go with one of the many, many other options out there. Their well-known brand is not an assurance of quality but a screen they hide behind to exploit their Customers. They are the Vodafone of the Breakdown world. AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!
American Airlines racist, bias, discriminative treatment of me at Atlanta/Miami airports during 4th of July weekend 2021! This airline should be put out of business. They lied about airport being closed in St Lucia continually not updating the public and only pushing flights back as not to give refunds. I literally called the resort and was given proper information and was told AA knew of the situation. When I asked to be flown back home because it was no fault of my own I was told I would need to wait (at my own expense) in Miami and no refund Wouk be given ! Though I observed and overheard others (Caucasians and Hispanics) being given all kind of concessions including hotel/food vouchers, refunds, trip credits for future travel dates, etc. Keep in mind I noticed that a great deal of the AA employees at the Miami international airport customer service counters were of Hispanic origin. I penned an email to AA executive leadership including Doug Parker (CEO)! I am waiting to hear back! To top it off I am back home (thank God) but have yet to get my luggage! American Airlines is a gross JOKE of an airline. And I warn you to steer clear. If you do not want to believe me I Googled (attached) the United States best to worst airlines and AA was last! This was my first and LAST experience of this airline. I’ll never deviate from Delta again. And I ever flew Spirit once and had a better experience. I do not leave reviews of this caliber unless it traumatized me so bad that I could not resist! I do not want anyone else to have to experience this kind of treatment so I feel it is my duty to warn the public! I have never in my life been so mishandled, disrespected, talked to in such a condescending, curt, rude and nasty manner EVER! The entire airline is in the toilet and needs customer service courses and classes on how to serve the public because they grossly lack etiquette and class. It makes me love Delta Airlines even more. Please for your life, peace and personal well-being steer clear of American Airlines. Sincerely, Dr. G
Try to AVOID this so-called Big company, it's only after your money with no service, we sought help and paid £109 for a small job of a car tyre change. I waited for 5 hours in chilling cold weather on M25. After 5hours and 3 calls with 10 mins waiting time. They sent someone called Mansfield garage. GUY came and taken my car to the nearest fuel station safe place but did not change the type, again waited for someone to come from AA but no one arrived. Ultimately, I have had to pay someone to do it. When the next day I called back to AA to cancel my membership they have not issued a full refund. This is how they treat you on EMERGENCY HELP. Please find someone reliable than AA HELP
Very sad to say that I have just left the AA to join anther service after almost fifty years. I have just got fed up with the annual inflated renewal request. Especially when I have a very low annual mileage and have not had reason to call anyone out for several years.
AA is £2.6 billion in debt and no longer care? Theirs a reason why TheAA is £2.6 billion in debt and no longer care about their customers. Its all about clawing their way out the debt and charging premium prices. Ive been a member since i was 21 im now 50+ Never had any problems till today i had puncture and called for AA to change tyre. They told me my membership had expired last year Jan 2020. The only way someone would come out is if i took out a new membership their and then. Ridiculous thought as i had only renewed my membership less than 2 weeks ago til Jan 2022. However the AA said im not a member according to their system and they wouldnt come out. Clearly a system error somewhere. I have checked with bank the renewal membership money was taken out in Dec first week. I have a renewal confirmation letter. They even sent me out 4 new cards. Still according to the system i am not a member. Thankyou AA for stealing my money and in my hour of need telling me to get lost!! Thankyou
My wife who works as a NHS district nurse called AA due to a flat battery half way through her shift, little did she know her car tax had expired the previous day but the AA informed her they would not attend due to expired car tax. She explained she was a NHS nurse on duty and had patients to visit but the AA response was sorry we cant attend , As if to leave a lone female stranded on a dark night wasn't enough, to leave a working NHS nurse unable to finish her visits due to a oversight in car car tax due to the pressure shes under at the moment , after 23 years of loyal membership its time to say goodbye- AA you are disgrace
After 35 years with AA they quoted me £323 for the same cover with Green Flag £96. I am a pensioner and I think they are taking the proverbial for somebody who has been so loyal to them. I'm afraid loyalty means nothing to these companies. Every year you have to look around.
On a recent call out on the M62 The lights were on as the car was on the hard shoulder. When he loaded the car the lights were still on as it was dark. I did not travel with the vehicle as he called me an ambulance as I was unwell. I did provide my home address. The lights were left on after unloading as were still on when retrieving the car 3 days later hence flat battery requiring replacement. In view of this I find the negligence unacceptable and this has cost me money for the replacement. I also am dismayed regarding the additional detail and confusion regarding the whereabouts of the car and keys.
The AA recently attended a call out to me on the M62. When he loaded the car the lights were still on as it was dark. I did not travel with the vehicle as he called me an ambulance as I was unwell. I did provide my home address. The lights were left on after unloading as were still on when retrieving the car 3 days later hence flat battery requiring replacement. In view of this I find the negligence unacceptable and this has cost me money for the replacement. I also am dismayed regarding the additional detail and confusion regarding the whereabouts of the car and keys.
Hit a pothole 15th Dec on the M6 in the roadworks northbound at J13 which blew both offside tyres. After pulling over I called the AA. Despite informing them I was on the roadworks they said they would send a patrol. Highways England actually do the recovering from this section of roadworks and they turned up after 40mins and recovered me to Keele Services. I then had to call the AA again and tell them I was being recovered to Keele Services. About 45mins after being left at Keele Services a contractor sent by the AA arrived. Guess what???...he'd been told by the AA that it was a single puncture!!! So, he could not help and advised he would ring it through as a recovery job. Guess what???...no recovery came. So, I ring the AA again and they have no idea I'm waiting for recovery. I'm promised recovery within the hour. It's now almost three hours since I first called the AA for assistance and I'm still waiting for them to actually show some competence and recover me to my destination. Update - it's now 3hrs 40mims since initial call to AA. The AA app on my phone says recovery will not now be with me until 04:20am - that's 5hrs since I first called them!!! Update - Guess what??? First recovery driver who arrived at Keele Services could only take me the first 50 miles of the remaining 120 miles of my journey due to being on his limit of hours...just unbelievable!!! Now waiting in Lymm Truck Stop Services for a second recovery truck to do the next 70 miles to my destination. It's now 6hrs since I first called the AA and all I've had from them is utter incompetence and complete indifference!!! Update: After a further 2 hour wait the second recovery driver turns up and takes me the final leg of the journey arriving at 09:00am. The first call to AA was made at 11:20pm the previous night! So, to recap - On calling the AA at 11:20pm and clearly stating to them that I was in roadworks with a double puncture they do not tell me that the Highways Agency will recover me from the roadworks, they then send a contractor to the services area (where I've been recovered to by the Highways Agency) to fix a single puncture. When he arrives he sees it's a double puncture (as the AA have been told) and says the vehicle needs to be recovered. I wait...and wait - when I call the AA I discover they have not sent recovery and don't know anything about it. Three hours later recovery arrives but he can only take me 50 miles of the 120 miles to my destination. Once dropped off by first recovery driver I am forced to wait another 2 and a half hours for the second recovery driver. To top the whole experience off nicely the second driver turned out to be a miserable so-and-so who refused to turn up the heat any higher than what suited him thus causing a very cold journey in the back of his cab for 2 hours! It took over 9 hours for the AA to recover myself and my vehicle a distance of 120 miles which included waiting times of 5 hours for recovery trucks. Totally unacceptable and I am cancelling my membership. The worst experience I have ever had from any breakdown service in over 30 years of driving. To anyone contemplating joining the AA I would say this... DON'T!!! You've been warned!
Unable to get through to talk to a member of the AA re membership renewal costing double of a new member and have been waiting in a queues on several days of attempt with no luck. Tried the on line chat and no help. The call back facility on line does not work either treid twice and no call back. After 29 years membership and being asked to pay double the new customer rate. Have cancelled my direct debit and will be joining else where at a much better cost. Not interested in AA on facebook trying to justify that Gold membership gives you more not when you are paying addition costs anyway. NEED TO FOCUS MORE ON TREATING YOUR LONG TERM MEMBERS FAIRLY NOT USE THEM TO SUBSIDISE NEW MEMBERS!!!!
Simply very professional and classy
(Car Insurance) - Posted 6 years ago
I am absolutely appalled by the service we have received from the AA today. Our car broke down at 2.30pm just outside of Barnsley, and we are still stuck now over 160 miles from home over 10 hours later. The customer service shown from the AA has been DISGRACEFUL and I would NOT recommend them. The AA have a lot to answer for.
We broke down on the final day of our holiday in Cornwall last week. The AA promised to get us and our car home via recovery vehicle. This arrived as promised at 7.45 am and took us as far as Bridgewater, when the driver said he had no further driving time allowed and someone else would pick us up. We waited from 12.30pm until 7.45pm for the next recovery vehicle. During this time the AA - largely unreachable by phone - had promised we would be collected at 4pm, but no one had arrived. This second recovery vehicle loaded us all on board and proceeded to break down about an hour later. We were left at Gordano services in the dark, everything closing down around us, with no offer of completing our further 200 mile journey home to Lancashire. The second recovery driver had recommended I call the AA and insist on a taxi home. Again, it took some considerable time to reach the AA, but a taxi was ordered and we arrived home at around 2am, eighteen hours after originally being picked up. I appreciate it was an extremely busy day, but we had been dumped and abandoned twice. The AA needs to hire more staff and more recovery vehicles instead of leaving people stranded for hours on end. The 'service' we received that day was appalling. We will not be continuing to use the AA and certainly could not recommend it to anyone.
Total and utter shambles! I had a puncture yesterday at 3pm which needs a new tyre. Complete incompetency by AA means I haven’t managed to get away on holiday yesterday evening, and it’s still not fixed! Serious training issue here! Wrong information given by AA call handler. To say I’m upset is an understatement!
The AA run on a 48 hour backlog, do not join, youre better spending your money elsewhere. Leaving long haul breakdowns in dangerous situations. We have broken down from Scotland to Suffolk. Being left without any information when the next relay driver will be likely to arrive and having called at 6pm, it’s now 4am the next day and we’re only two hours down the road from our initial location. Without information on when the next driver is likely to arrive you are unable to rest, let alone feel comfortable or safe. The customer service team and disingenuous and tell lies to get you off the phone. This is by far one of the worst services I’ve ever received and having been a loyal customer 12 years, this is the first use of the breakdown cover and I’m appalled. Shame on you AA
I have to wait 1.5 hours for a patrol to come out that's acceptable but I have now been waiting just short of 4 hours for a recovery truck I have been told that nothing available yet. They need to up their game now we're coming out of any restrictions for travel. Sad that you can leave a 65 year Old man who had a major heart operation and who's suffering with copd at the side of the road for that length of time
I will never use AA again, they are the worse customer service ever. They cancelled my ticket without previous notification and i had to buy another ticket costing me triple the amount...i will never use their service again. I will make sure that my family do not use their service as well.. i will tell even my friend about my experience so they will not use their service as well
If you need to claim when you call them all they do us put you through or give you phone number of business they have insured you with They take no responsibility for the quality of the service you receive My window screen had a crack across my vision line. I called AA who gave me LV insurance number who gave me glass repair number. This company took my excess payment saying they could come out in 2 days and then emailed me to say it would be 2 wks time and it would take 2 wks to refund excess. I rang AA to ask for help as car not safe yo drive to work and they gave me another number to call I asked them to do more to help me and call me back They called me and could do nothing about excess and just wanted to give me another number to call but hadn't checked if they could offer an earlier appointment WHY AM I PAYING PREMIUM BRAND PRICES FOR INSURANCE WHEN ALL AA DOES IS GIVE ME A PHONE NUMBER TO ARRANGE THINGS MYSELF? I might as well pay less and insure direct with company whose phone number AA gave me! Don't use them it is a total con as they are a broker and take no responsibility or action when you receive poor service from the businesses they have introduced you to.
I made a claim for new velux rooflights(two) which were both leaking and very difficult to open. I obtained a survey on their condition and a quote for their replacement (£2500) which seemed very reasonable to me. The AA wanted an another quote.I spoke to a roofing firm who agreed that he couldn’t begin to match it ! so I gave up with the AA.
(Home Insurance) - Posted 7 months ago