The AA Reviews

-1 hours
Read The AA Reviews

customer.services@theaa.com

Tell us how The AA made you happy
I was not impressed with the AA. They gave me a quote that was better then my renewal company, Churchill. Once the policy started I had to pay over £100 more. Lessons learnt.
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
Flew from Chicago to Tampa today first class but it felt like coach. It was an Airbus 320, hardly the leg room that a Boeing has. Hate to say it but the flight attendant of color really didn’t want to do much of anything except hide behind the curtain by the galley. I asked for more ice, she decided she was going to do a garbage run and then something else behind the curtain before I got ice, 15 minutes. Then my mask strap broke, I asked her if they had more masks on board, she said yes but another 20 minutes went by before my wife asked her if she forgot about my mask. Finally got one then. Worst customer service we’ve ever had in first, plane was old, no TVs and my tray table was so wobbly I didn’t want to put anything on it.
I made a claim for new velux rooflights(two) which were both leaking and very difficult to open. I obtained a survey on their condition and a quote for their replacement (£2500) which seemed very reasonable to me. The AA wanted an another quote.I spoke to a roofing firm who agreed that he couldn’t begin to match it ! so I gave up with the AA.
(Home Insurance) - Posted 7 months ago
Customer services called me back after 2 hours but the lady was very rude, with attitude, "why you don't check your request in internet??? So obvious lady, because I don't have access, or maybe I am an elderly person unaware to navigate in internet. That is the reason American Airlines has a Customer Service representative to answer question and pay to you for that.
Our car lost power on a busy motorway around 6.20am and we pulled into the hard shoulder. Called AA as a member and they said because we are on a busy motorway it would be a priority. We ended up waiting close to 2 hours on the hard shoulder outside the car on a fence in the cold before a breakdown vr hike arrived. When I spoke to an AA representative all she said it’s that we don’t have as many breakdown response at this time of the day Tg
Awkward when making a claim, too many issues + not enough resolutions. Not recommended.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 9 months ago
OK could be better
(Car Insurance) - Posted 9 months ago
It is not AA fault as like documents in black and white on PAPER!
(Car Insurance) - Posted 11 months ago
I found dealing with AA a nightmare. When renewing my I tried on three separate occasions I could not get through having waited for 1st - 45minutes, 2nd 1hour & 10minutes and lastly 37minutes. waisted my time. Due to COVID-19 like most I am faced with a lock down hence my car is parked up sitting on my drive since December. My renewal was the 6th Jan 2021. I finaly get through to AA on the 26th Jan 2021 with a view to cancel the renewal as they added 15% increase on the previous year (absolute robbery given the current situation for drivers, if anything it should have gone down). Fortunaly Go Compare were able to find a quality solution and actually get me a price which improved my cost by -20% over last year. What was AA response? to charge me over £50 for the for 20 days of insurance for a car parked in a drive!!! Daylight Robery Comes to Mind.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 11 months ago
Had been with the AA Breakdown for 3 years and never called them out. Renewal this year had more than doubled the premium from last year !!. Phoned up to query it and was told it was because the AA provided a 'Luxury Service' ?. Told them I would not be renewing cover and then miraculously they said they could do the same level of cover for less than they charged me last year . ,!! Don't know what the hell is going on with them but they have now lost my business. Pure & excessive profiteering.
Very greedy when it comes to wanting your money I wouldn't insure my car with them again
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
I am still trying toget a settlement letter so I can claim my £250 excess charges from you as advertised. I have telephoned twice and emailed twice and still waiting!
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
What a surprise, I make a claim for the first time ever for a fire and it's not covered! On contacting them by phone I received a negative attitude and was told don't think it will be covered before I even fully explained what happened? After 3 weeks of jumping through their hoops and sending them pictures/video of the damage with impersonal emails where they didn't even use my name they reluctantly sent out an assessor. Drawing my attention to the small print the end result is they won't cover it. I went through they AA not because they were the cheapest but a name I thought I could trust. Apart from throwing out my claim the service was truely awful! DO NOT INSURE THROUGH THEM!!
no comment
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
Make out they are the best. Until you have a problem.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
Very sad to say that I have just left the AA to join anther service after almost fifty years. I have just got fed up with the annual inflated renewal request. Especially when I have a very low annual mileage and have not had reason to call anyone out for several years.
We have been with the AA for twelve years and never had to call them out. Every year our cover is quoted at around 150 gbp for two person cover . Every year I phone them and it's reduced to 100 GBP or so. This year i didn't bother got other 2 person cover for 89 GBP. The AA sent a couple of reminders and then after it had expired a price reduction to 100 GBP. Not impressed got fed up contacting you every year for a realistic price The AA is relying on people to renew automatically. You have lost our custom now.
LONG WINDED AND NOT THAT CLEAR THINK TWICE ABOUT GOING WITH AGAIN
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
My car broke down around 11 this morning, one of your guys picked me up an hour later, then drop us at South Mimms Service and went away saying soone picking us up at 13:25. We wait 1 hour and called again , no one came we called again and again your operator said it’s one more hour!!!! Now the worst thing last year my tyre blow up and I left my spear tyre in the garage. Called AA and guess what?! Same story! Spend 4,5 hours on hard shoulder in potentially danger spot. Than someone came to pick us up! I mean guys just don’t lie and tell me real time. I could’ve call someone else and sort it much more faster!
I’m waiting in my dead car as I write this. I was driving along and my car lost all power and gave out a huge cloud of blue smoke. I ground to a halt. It’s obviously terminal. I rang the AA and told them the problem and that I’ll need recovery. After 2 hours a patrol man turned up in a little van. I told him the same as I’d told the office. He said ‘you’ll need recovery, rang his office and left. I’ve now got another 2 hour wait for a recovery truck. Not happy.
The AA is rated 3.44 based on 1,352 reviews