The AA Reviews

customer.services@theaa.com

Tell us how The AA made you happy
The AA 1 star review on 14th November 2022
The AA 1 star review on 14th November 2022
broke down in romford essex. AA answered phone after 14 mins. Track App did not work. Then sent me text saying rescue within 1 hour. Nothing. then sent another text 2 hour wait ( stuck on busy main road, fumes from traffic after 2 hours effecting breathing) i will shorten this account . Broke down at 5:30pm rescue at 10:30 hahahahahaha, waste of time / rescue …more like punishment. i gave a few stars as rescue guy really nice
This company will make you wait,on your own, for hours and hours to be recovered by a lorry. God forbid you ever breakdown because you'll be left stranded. Terrible service.
As a carer I purchased an AA recovery policy and all ways felt confident that they would be able to provide a professional service if I was ever to break down with a vulnerable service user. Turns out this is not the case, after waiting three hours and reporting that I had a vulnerable person with me it sadly is not the case. The original time give changed several times before any recovery was attempted and the fact I mentioned twice in two separate calls this information was not logged or passed on, I now have serious concerns with using this service and am currently looking at other options. I have always viewed review sites with caution but based on my own experience I think the trust pilot rating to probably be correct.
Been with them 5 years and used them 2/3 times a year. The worst problem is the wait and talking to a app/computer. At home service each time waited 2 hours. Broke down with failed clutch at 9pm on a Friday night and was text back the wait would be 5/6 hours. This was on the outskirts of Liverpool UK. Cancelled them and got taxi home. Went back the next morning at 8am and waited till 11.45am to be towed to a garage. The last time the macanic hit the engine with a hammer to try and start it !!!!!. I'm due for a renewal and going back to Green Flag as they use local garages to collect you and if they can't fix it then they put you on the back of a load loader., and take you to a garage of your choice or home. There time is within the hour. AA is now rubbish and not worth using. Drove past a guy broken down at the local traffic lights at 8pm, past again at 21.45pm (still there) and then drove past on the way home at 23.30pm , stopped at lights just as the AA van pulled up beside me ! 3 1/2 hours !!!
Long story short. 26 years in the AA. This will be my last. Using there apps during a breakdown it said I was logged out. Then to log in it asked for my 16 digit membership number! Seriously! I had another previous bad experience with breakdown and complained about it through their "complaints procedure". Funnily enough this and the subsequent complaint were dismissed out of hand and the AA stated they had done nothing wrong. If only they paid the same attention to their customers as they do to dismissing their complaints!
I was not impressed with the AA. They gave me a quote that was better then my renewal company, Churchill. Once the policy started I had to pay over £100 more. Lessons learnt.
(Home Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
Flew from Chicago to Tampa today first class but it felt like coach. It was an Airbus 320, hardly the leg room that a Boeing has. Hate to say it but the flight attendant of color really didn’t want to do much of anything except hide behind the curtain by the galley. I asked for more ice, she decided she was going to do a garbage run and then something else behind the curtain before I got ice, 15 minutes. Then my mask strap broke, I asked her if they had more masks on board, she said yes but another 20 minutes went by before my wife asked her if she forgot about my mask. Finally got one then. Worst customer service we’ve ever had in first, plane was old, no TVs and my tray table was so wobbly I didn’t want to put anything on it.
I made a claim for new velux rooflights(two) which were both leaking and very difficult to open. I obtained a survey on their condition and a quote for their replacement (£2500) which seemed very reasonable to me. The AA wanted an another quote.I spoke to a roofing firm who agreed that he couldn’t begin to match it ! so I gave up with the AA.
(Home Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
Our car lost power on a busy motorway around 6.20am and we pulled into the hard shoulder. Called AA as a member and they said because we are on a busy motorway it would be a priority. We ended up waiting close to 2 hours on the hard shoulder outside the car on a fence in the cold before a breakdown vr hike arrived. When I spoke to an AA representative all she said it’s that we don’t have as many breakdown response at this time of the day Tg
The AA 2 star review on 20th May 2021
Awkward when making a claim, too many issues + not enough resolutions. Not recommended.
OK could be better
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
It is not AA fault as like documents in black and white on PAPER!
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
I found dealing with AA a nightmare. When renewing my I tried on three separate occasions I could not get through having waited for 1st - 45minutes, 2nd 1hour & 10minutes and lastly 37minutes. waisted my time. Due to COVID-19 like most I am faced with a lock down hence my car is parked up sitting on my drive since December. My renewal was the 6th Jan 2021. I finaly get through to AA on the 26th Jan 2021 with a view to cancel the renewal as they added 15% increase on the previous year (absolute robbery given the current situation for drivers, if anything it should have gone down). Fortunaly Go Compare were able to find a quality solution and actually get me a price which improved my cost by -20% over last year. What was AA response? to charge me over £50 for the for 20 days of insurance for a car parked in a drive!!! Daylight Robery Comes to Mind.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
Had been with the AA Breakdown for 3 years and never called them out. Renewal this year had more than doubled the premium from last year !!. Phoned up to query it and was told it was because the AA provided a 'Luxury Service' ?. Told them I would not be renewing cover and then miraculously they said they could do the same level of cover for less than they charged me last year . ,!! Don't know what the hell is going on with them but they have now lost my business. Pure & excessive profiteering.
Very greedy when it comes to wanting your money I wouldn't insure my car with them again
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
I am still trying toget a settlement letter so I can claim my £250 excess charges from you as advertised. I have telephoned twice and emailed twice and still waiting!
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
What a surprise, I make a claim for the first time ever for a fire and it's not covered! On contacting them by phone I received a negative attitude and was told don't think it will be covered before I even fully explained what happened? After 3 weeks of jumping through their hoops and sending them pictures/video of the damage with impersonal emails where they didn't even use my name they reluctantly sent out an assessor. Drawing my attention to the small print the end result is they won't cover it. I went through they AA not because they were the cheapest but a name I thought I could trust. Apart from throwing out my claim the service was truely awful! DO NOT INSURE THROUGH THEM!!
no comment
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
Make out they are the best. Until you have a problem.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
Very sad to say that I have just left the AA to join anther service after almost fifty years. I have just got fed up with the annual inflated renewal request. Especially when I have a very low annual mileage and have not had reason to call anyone out for several years.
The AA is rated 3.2 based on 1,556 reviews