The AA Reviews

The AA 1 star review on 11th July 2022
Phil
The AA 1 star review on 18th June 2022
Zahoor
waited 3.5 and further 3 hiurs hours knowing I need recovery. They messed me around tryinh fix my tyre when it was clearly visible it cant be fixed. 80 miles from home stranded with 11 year old 3am in the morning. They dont care
What an absolute DISGRACE, automatic vehicle stuck in reverse, car unable to move. Vehicle completely blocking access road, been waiting nearly six hours. God knows what would would have happened in a real emergencie. AA People just don’t seam to give a STUFF of the situation, you are made to feel you’re an inconvenience to them for breaking down. Just pay the AA a large sum of money for Breakdown Cover, then wait God knowns how many hours/days/weeks you will have to wait for Recovery. My choice would be ANY Recovery ACCEPT the AA. 🤬🤬🤬🤬
Worst ever! Left stranded for over 6hours on M/A road. Suffering with panic attacks. Cancel patrols without even informing me... Left the car and on a taxi... so a 2h journey is neither over and is taking 10h
Fooked up account last year admitted it their fault customer service team don’t care about customer and never reply then cancel membership when they are dealing with a complaint
Not helpful at all. Workers don’t know their job. second time they have provided wrong information and had to spend unnecessary money for different parts. Please don’t fall for the big companies like AA. If you point something to them they don’t even care to solve ☹️ And when raised a complaint, they said this is what they can do and they didn’t even care or tried to resolve my issues.
Been with the AA Years no problems until NOW ,Wife insured car 5 MONTHS AGO ,had two letters DVLA car doesn't appear to be insured & it is an offence not to be registered with MID. Second letter from Humberside POLICE car NOT REGISTERED AS INSURED WITH MID. Been onto AA 3 times still not reg ? Wife won't drive the car for fear of POLICE and it's a legal requirement to be registered with MID. How difficult is it AA to contact MID and confirm it's insured. Car stood doing nothing and I've paid for insurance. RIDICULOUS SITUATION AA.
Don't ever top up an account with the expectation that you'll receive money back- have been waiting months on end for even an acknowledgement, they don't reply via their online help service nor do have a telephone service for it.
I called the AA who although they responded in a timely manner, the attitude of the operative was completely negative, he admitted to not being qualified to diagnose my vehicle and I was left to sort out my own problem and had to abandon the vehicle overnight. On my eventual return to my residence, I tried to file a complaint and was met with nothing but obstacles. It is a shame as I have been a member for over 30 yrs and have had wonderful service in that period, but this company is not one that I recognise !!
Truly ridiculous company who seemingly cannot follow the law with regards to issuing proof of payment. I have been waiting 3 weeks, spoken to countless “advisors” and wasted a full day attempting to get the most basic of things - a receipt for a payment I have made! Not difficult! Most of their staff that I spoke to didn’t actually know what a receipt is, based on what was actually sent to me at one point. During my super fun day of going around in circles on the phone, I was continually directed to a department which was closed and just meant my call was cut off and I had to start again. However, every person insisted it was not closed..odd then, that I spent all day getting the recorded message “this line is now closed” I will be moving all breakdown cover for both my personal vehicles and company fleet away from the AA due to their sheer unprofessionalism and stupidity.
Absolute joke! Still waiting here! In the freezing cold woth 3 kids under 5 just sat waiting on the m1!! We had a issue where engine was letting off smoke sp we pulled over luck into a service station and got some help from someone next to us. We inspected ans then called aa. Waiting 1 hour ans the guys even though he was nice did a Bob job. 20 mins if thay down the road same issue. Smoking bonnet. Pulled over called sos and aa again. An hour ago she asked if we were in a busy layby or service and we said we're on the side on the Rd in a bay on the m1.tols us to wait in cold but obv we can't due to dark and 3 small children. We were told oH your in a dangerous zone so will be out shortly. Checked updates frequently and we won't be seen until 2.17. You'd think with small kids in a DANGEROUS area yous try and rush but no. Well just hang on. Wouldn't even rate it a star. #jokeAA.
Car broke down in the middle of nowhere with my disabled grandson, phoned AA for five hours and no answer, answer phone said 'use AA app'. Not everyone has a smartphone , for those that do there is often no signal. If the AA cannot answer a phone call during an emergency breakdown then what's the point of being a member?
Thursday morning car dead....called AA, told expected time for recovery 45mins....still waiting 36 hours later, they can't find a garage to come out and they don't have a patrol vehicle nearby. I have now asked they arrange a hire vehicle. I am pretty sure they keep me waiting until I get to a point where I arrange my own recovery and then cancel the job with them...but I won't, the longer I wait the longer my complaint will be. They are also a bunch of liars...I asked which garages they called, it was obvious they were reading of a list. I called one of these garages, which is less than 10 miles away and they said they have recovery staff available and the AA have not requested their services to come to my car. AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID
Broke down today. Stranded at the side of the road with my motorbike. Called the AA, but was told there would be 20 minute wait before getting an answer. Battery was low on the phone and knew it was unlikely to last the time plus the ensuing call so had to prioritise letting people know where I was etc. When you’ve broken down, you need help, not hindrance. 4 hours later I made the 5 mile trip back home with proper help from a friend who had to put himself well out to attend. It scares me to think how the AA would handle a situation where my wife and daughter were stuck with a breakdown. 40 ish years with the AA and just 4 times needed help. Not at all happy.
I've been paying for roadside assist for a year and a half. My car broke down at the side of the motorway at 2am and after calling the AA and waiting for an hour, the AA called back to say there was nobody available to help me. I had to pay for a private tow and for a taxi home. I have tried to contact them and have not had a response in over a week.
Services are awful with waiting times nearly 2 hours. To cap it all we bought a part from AA £245)and their engineer didn’t even fit part in properly causing us to have another breakdown with another 2hrs wait. I have been with AA for 20years. Wont be renewing again
Had fleet cover for 8 vehicles which for the first year was a fair price. Never used them in that first year then on renewal the fees more than doubled. The AA then kept chasing me to try and get to renew my premium even though I told them I did not want to renew. 3 further calls, 5 emails and 2 texts later I called them and threatened with a formal complaint if they didn't;t stop these unsolicited calls and emails.
Been with them 5 years and used them 2/3 times a year. The worst problem is the wait and talking to a app/computer. At home service each time waited 2 hours. Broke down with failed clutch at 9pm on a Friday night and was text back the wait would be 5/6 hours. This was on the outskirts of Liverpool UK. Cancelled them and got taxi home. Went back the next morning at 8am and waited till 11.45am to be towed to a garage. The last time the macanic hit the engine with a hammer to try and start it !!!!!. I'm due for a renewal and going back to Green Flag as they use local garages to collect you and if they can't fix it then they put you on the back of a load loader., and take you to a garage of your choice or home. There time is within the hour. AA is now rubbish and not worth using. Drove past a guy broken down at the local traffic lights at 8pm, past again at 21.45pm (still there) and then drove past on the way home at 23.30pm , stopped at lights just as the AA van pulled up beside me ! 3 1/2 hours !!!
AA in my opinion could care less about customer service! Just had 4 flights and on ALL flights attendants were awful. We also had a connecting flight canceled. We never were told why. Just told you get no compensation figure it out yourself! Standing in a line of several hundred people in the same fate, we paid for a rental car and hotel room for hundreds! I will NEVER fly AA again!!! WORST AIRLINE EVER
Service good as their word. Affordable, should be required coverage for all.
Protracted duration prior to talking to someone, other than a bloody machine. The person who tried to assist was clearly mentally challenged with the simplicity of understanding basic English and completely at odds when I explained what I needed as opposed to being towed, (at cost). Incidentally, my membership covers me for nearly everything, so this was yet another issue that I would have had to relay to the imbecile. My membership will be due for renewal very soon. Post this torrid event I’ll be seeking other options.
The AA is rated 3.3 based on 1,519 reviews