Utilita Energy Reviews

of reviewers recommend Utilita Energy
Own Driver

Tell us how Utilita Energy made you happy
(only JPEG and PNG files) (Optional)
Nothing but trouble with my gas meter since joining utilita tried get getting the app 5 times went through the process I highly do not recommend
Self isolation due to corona virus needed electricity these thieving scum bags will put £20 on the meter but want 30 back when I’m out cheaper to see an unregistered loan shark disgusting
They are terrible. These reviews speak for themselves. Offered me £25 goodwill for months of delays. Have had to chase them every step of the way now refusing to pay their goodwill! Disgraceful non existent customer service. Avoid!
Wish I had seen this before switching. Used a switching service! Charged quarterly, I live alone and use minimal energy. Was away for 6weeks plus and received a bill for almost £400! Called them numerous times they promise to send a detailed bill it has never arrived but I do receive the outstanding bill threat letters! Lying thieves. Don’t waste your time or money!
Only had this installed yesterday put £25 on today £15 on the gas £10 on the electric no it’s telling me I’m ready run out changing bk to bulb Tommow pack of lies to change said it would be cheaper not a millions yes cheaper I must of herd wrong it was I was deaf
I think these guys are trying to run before learning to walk... every time I call, which takes ages, always get passed around as the workers are not experienced in doing everything under the system known as One Stop Call... frustrating!!! Then they don’t believe me as being a landlord so they want me to email rental contracts to them... have left them to move to the Big 5
please avoid. had a friendly sales person come to sign me up with utilita energy, prices are extortion compared to other suppliers. it has left my business suffering. please please read these reviews and take your buisness to another supplier. i am trying to leave utilita energy and iam having great difficulty. i have now written to the energy ombudsman. please save your money and do not join this rip off of a company. completely mis-sold electric contract, which i was forced to charge to a smart meter.
Far as I, m concerned I was mis sold.. Its takes forever to get anyone one the phone.. Its full of pressing options.. Just to b given another number to do the same again.. I have just changed to utilita.. And kept a very close eye on my meter.. Its already costing me more.. I am pre paid.. I have watched it take 10p just for turning the heating on.. The same for hot water.. Just to have a shave.. I am checking the meter every few mins... I already have smart meters.. They are coming out to put their own in.. Why would they need to.. To say they don't charge a daily standing charge.. I, m already paying more.. Changed on 18th Feb.. The standing charge is hidden in the cost.. Be careful
They said they would save me money and put a smart meter in and I've paid more than double since. Unfortunately I also got my partner to do the same, he's now got the same problem 😥 I now feel terrible
The worst company and more expensive. Never again this fuck****ng idiots
I have been with Utilita a few years now and not had a problem until this year when i have noticed gas and electric have really gone up in price .
Absolutely appalling customer service, having spent on more than one occasion several hours to them on the phone & then attempting to email them I am no further forward. Now been given an alternative email
Do not go with Utilita, I had my energy supply cut off on two separate occasions! This was not because I hadn’t paid my bill. I was switched over to Ulitita after the previous energy supplier went out of buisness. Every time you phone customer service I was on hold at least 60 minutes. I complained via email and even this took a long time to get back to me or answer. They tried fibbing me off with £20 credit to make up for the accidental Dis connection of power. I had to throw food away and ended up going to a cafe to charge my mobile at they take so long to answer calls. To top it off I now have an expensive bill. I have since left Ultilita. I would give zero stars if the system allowed very poor service.
Costing me double and not given warm home discount
My experience whilst under this company was very stressful to say the least, these people turn ur energy off regardless of weather you have children poorly living with you or not and trying to get hold of them in an emergency is a complete and utter waste of your time, no matter how much of an emergency it is these people in my opinion are heartless,my little girl had bronchitis when she was a baby 2 years ago and they had turned off my energy because I didnt pay my bill due to being in the hospital with my poorly little girl,so when I got home from the hospital had no energy and couldn't charge my phone battery dead so I would never recommend these vultures sorry not sorry utilita,only join them if ur happy to be on hold for an hour and a half!no exaggeration,I even have the screenshot of the call!
They dont answer the phone. They dont switch your account. They change their policy everytime you speak with someone. They ignore email complaints. They send me debt collecting letters.......I am gradually being worn down to an angry person.
My complaint with them is they don't give out the stay warm money for the elderly
I phoned to take over the pay as you go smart meter electricity supply and Marcie was super efficient and helpful. She got me registered and able to buy some more electricity, no fuss and no bother!
terrible customer service, terrible to deal with, terrible with everything would never recommend and would certainly never wish to deal with again, cant wait to swap from them!
I signed up for duel fuel. My electric was changed over 1 December 2018 Your fitter came to change the meters 28 December 2018,he fitted the electric meter, but said he couldn't fit the gas meter because the meter box was too small and he would have to order a larger one. Fair enough that is an unforeseen circumstance. I left it over a month expecting some sort of correspondence from you and finally decided to contact you myself. I've now been told you can't change the meter is registered to 'plot 4' and not the property address, I have two issues with this firstly if you had informed me of this I would have cancelled the switch and secondly if this is the case why did the fitter attempt to change it in the first place? I'm stuck with you because you have fitted a smart meter and every supplier I've tried say I can't switch
Utilita Energy is rated 1.33 based on 21 reviews