Wickes Reviews

of reviewers recommend Wickes
Read Wickes Reviews

About Wickes:

Wickes continues to be one of the major brands in the DIY and Home Improvement sector. We have a range of over 10,000 products (98% own brand), and are able to offer our customers everyday low prices by sourcing the best quality products at the lowest possible cost. Most of our products are available for next-day delivery, including big & bulky stuff. At Wickes you can discover a whole host of inspirational ideas for your Home and Garden, with some of our key products being doors, flooring, tiles, kitchens and gardens. Launched in 2006, the Wickes transactional website features product details covering the complete Wickes range. Our website is constantly being enhanced to help improve customer satisfaction, so why not be a part of that journey by helping customers find us.

0344 892 2721 (Ext. 6322)

National Customer Service Centre | Rhosili Road | Brackmills

Tell us how Wickes made you happy
Wickes 1 star review on 5th April 2022
as with several other customers I have found the website useless. I can only guess that there is no one looking after it which due to the epidemic can be explained. I have tried to order several items for delivery and on the purchasing page they say that it is in stock only to be told on the delivery page it is not in stock. I think that the website has been thought through and it would be better if the deliveries option is cancelled as Wickes reviews seem to be getting a battering. It is unfortunate as I have had a good service from Wickes over several years.
Spent over £10k on a new kitchen. Quality of product was good. After sales care (i.e. customer service) was appalling. Took weeks to finally get all of the relevant items needed to finish the kitchen. There was no after sales service at the Knaphill branch of Wickes (can't speak for other branches). They genuinely don't care once the original sale has been made.
The cistern which they installed has started overflowing so called a plumber to repair it. He was unable to do so because they had put a work top over it so its impossible to access the inside of the cistern without removing the work top. The plumber was amazed that the bathroom was designed in such a way that there isn’t access because cisterns almost invariably develop faults at some time or other. l now have quotes for several hundred pounds to rectify the design fault for which should have only been a fifty pound job. ln addition to the inconvenience of the dismantling of the bathroom. The designer,whoever it was should go back to the drawing board, and learn to consider this type of fault. Beware of using Wickes . I certainly won’t use them again. I am fortunate that I have discovered their standard now because l was considering using them to do our kitchen.
I had a bathroom fitted through Wickes. I mistakenly assumed that this would help me avoid the hassle of dealing with independent tradesmen - I was mistaken. The Wickes bathroom hardware, and planning process, was fine. Actually getting the install completed was hard work. Despite a 40 minute survey, the fitters missed several key features of my house that had a significant impact on the end design. Additional works agreed with the fitters (install of lighting, removal of old brickwork) were not completed - I kept prompting on these but in the end, they just said "we forgot, you'll have to sort it out yourself". The bathroom fitters had agreed a fresh plaster finish on my walls, but in the end, they cut corners and just used polyfiller instead. I ended up having to sand all the walls flat myself, and I'm left with a poor finish which they weren't interested in resolving. The fitters removed half my existing skirting boards, but didn't fit any replacements, so I've had to sort this out myself. Despite burying all the new pipework in the walls, the pipework for my towel rail is a real mess, again the fitters didn't seem to take any pride in this work. My shower screen has been fitted backwards (so the hydrophobic coating is facing outwards, not into the shower). They've even left the sticker attached to show this! Trying to get the fitters back to resolve these issues has been a major mission - they went off onto other jobs leaving me to finish it myself. I would have no problem buying bathroom hardware from Wickes in the future, but would not rely on them for arranging fitters. Find a local recommended firm instead.
Orderd some bits online to build a little green house in the garden some wood screws some fenc staples and some pvc green fence. Orderd for next day delivery. The next day and only the timber turns up thought that was a bit weird and whats that smell of cannabis from the driver he might of eaten it because of the munchiws that would explain it but I received a text and email to say it would all be with me that day so I ring in to be told that because the screws I orderd were not in stock in there ware house they could not send out the rest unless I had a refund for the screws. That was a bit strange as if I whent to any of their shops they have them in stock any way refunded the screws and delivery charge and was told the rest would be with me the day after. I get a text in the morning saying it will be with me by 12 no delivery ring in to be told by 1pm still no delivery ring back in and they say there is no update. Delivery turns up at 2.30pm but I'm missing the fencing ring back up to be told there is a glitch or something and the drivers did not hand it to each other computer says no comes to mind. So I aske for a refund and he says OK will take 3 to 5 working days. But I never received an email so I rung back to be told the refund will take up to 14 days absulousty disgusting service so I am 2 days out of work waiting. For delivery's that never turned up and miss informed and lied to Trustpilot Choose country United Kingdom About About Jobs Contact Blog Press Community Trust in reviews Support Center Log in Sign up Chrome App Businesses Trustpilot Business Products Plans & Pricing Business Login Follow us on Privacy Policy Terms & Conditions User Guidelines System status © 2020 Trustpilot A/S. All rights reserved. Cookies help us optimize your experience. They are also used for stats, social media, quality assurance and together with our partners, for marketing. By continuing, you accept this. Learn more OK, got it.
Made a trip especially to pick up a lock cylinder, area had been cordoned off as a guy was putting doors out. He could easily have passed the item I needed over, but it was much easier to say, come back tomorrow. Wasted 45 minutes trip for what would have taken him all of 2 minutes to pass the item over. Shame as usually find Wickes staff helpful, maybe a weekend employee. Crawley branch maybe you need to review customer service.
Bought a small shed for a client as a care worker. It came with a damaged side panel, it then took another week for that to be replaced, then that side panel was damaged, it then took another week to replace. We had paid for assemble service, this was delayed obviously but the communication between wickes customer services and Servico is none exsistant. I informed wickes at least 4 /5 times to only ring the main line number given for directions for drivers or on assembly and not my mobile in my error have them as I don't live at the property being a care worker. This was reassured each time I spoke to someone and then ignored as I received nothing but phone calls or texts to my mobile. The assembly company Servico came one day and wickes were telling me another day. Just no communication and poor customer service, no way should purchasing a shed to getting it put up take a month. Very disappointed in the service of wickes and quality of item. Would not recommended for assembly service and be wary of quality.
Zero customer service once kitchen had been paid for and delivered. Items were delivered which were not required but Wickes refuse to accept the return or refund. 1 door took 5 weeks to arrive and when it did was damaged! Wickes "customer service" department just pass everything back to store who just ignored us. Got so fed up that this weekend I will just dump the overs on the kitchen designers desk and let him sort it out!
The kitchen design process seemed good and the quality of the product was good. However, the after sales service of wickes was appalling, I have also been left out of pocket following my designer's over specification of materials, and have been informed nothing can be returned and no refunds given - I asked for a designer to come in order to make the best use of the space with the least waste of both space and materials - I am not the expert it was not my mistake that I have ended up with more materials than necessary. Apparently it is in the paperwork that there are no refunds and the sales/designer would have told me this - well I can assure you he did not tell me this and in the paperwork I can find that bespoke and special orders cannot be refunded but it isn't bespoke and its a standard order seeing as the kitchens are not in stock to collect - so what is a customer expected to do? Also Wickes website gives information on how to return and get refunds on goods but when you phone they say no, phone the branch and they will decide and then they say no refunds. I am a panel short which the designer missed but am loath to spend more money when I have hundreds of pounds sat in my house still in packaging that I have no idea what I am supposed to do with. Been through to see the sales/designer today as apparently he is the person who i have to speak to. Apparently it will be his decision to refund me or not for his error with a tape measure ...... on his lunch when i got there and had disappeared off the face of the earth when I returned. Allegedly, because I have also complained on another review (trustpilot) a generic reply says my complaint has been passed on to the relevant people to investigate my complaint I'm not holding my breath but I will be going back to the store because I am not getting stuck with the cost of their designer's mistake. If you use Wickes designer please get another company to come and measure and compare the 2 to see how many extras have been added and check the refund policy.
I can only say NEVER pay up front for your kitchen. We paid in full 12 January with the promise of a kitchen by end of March. 2 April kitchen delivered. 8th April Wickes fitter arrived to fit only to discover there was no sink unit nor worktops!! After numerous phone calls these were delivered following week. But still on 5May we are still in Limbo with some units fitted, wires hanging out of walls etc. We were promised this week would be fitting week one month from original date but no, no one has arranged for fitter to return!! I do honestly think if we had taken out buy now pay later option we would not be in this position!! Take heed.
I ordered a Phillips Creek wall lantern @ £29.99 plus £7.95 delivery. What I received was a Phillips myGarden Outdoors wall light which is not listed on there website. If I had wanted a Phillips myGardern wall light I would have gone to Amazon and got it at £16 Delivery was fast but so It should be for £7.95 After contacting them they returned £7.95 and said I could change it if they had one stock, I gave up.
ordered keter storage unit in store, asked for am delivery, girl could not guarantee times with is fair enough. but said I would receive text night before with approx delivery time. guess what ?. time given 8am to 6pm not that helpful, still it did arrive at 2 30 pm, again fair enough, but the lone delivery refused to to step in property just helped to get it through front door, bearing in mind it weighed in at 45kg, leaving alone to manoeuvre it to another room in my bungalow, [oap] driver most unhelpful mumbling about pavement deliveries only. having read contract he was correct, moral of the story please do not fall into this draconian trap if getting heavy or bulky items from wickes. go elsewhere for your kit with an appropriate delivery service, please read other reviews about this issue. will never use wicked ever again
Made order in store - store member didn't know how to use IT system kept asking for help - in end I took over! Didn't text evening before delivery as promised. Delivery was 10 slabs short. Phoned customer services who couldn't get hold of store so sent them an email. Phoned store but they put me on hold for 5 mins before I gave up. No one takes any ownership. Poor customer service culture.
What sort of clowns do Wickes employ, couple of weeks ago brought tiles for kitchen refurb. Tonight before tiler starts tomorrow loaded them on trolley only to discover I got 4 different batches. I brought them online for collection and thought they would have the common sense to select 15 boxes with all the same batch stamp, obviously they are too stupid to do something this simple. Fine that's my lot with this circus, tool station, screwfix and other DIY stores in Banbury will get my business in future. I lost receipt so can't return them.
Ordered metal railing and posts from the Banbury store to be delivered , staff were very helpful. Agreed the date and received a text for a pm delivery, unfortunately no posts were delivered. Phoned the store and they said the posts were coming from a different store , Received a text to say they will be delivered the next morning when we are all back at work so no bloody use at all.No apology from Wickes just cant understand how they can charge for a useless time wasting delivery service. Dont use there delivery services.
The design and sales process was fine. Mark Stonehouse at Plymouth, was professional and pleasant. So far so good. A lot less fine was the delivery. Initially fixed for 16th November this was a fail as lorry was way too big. This was surprising, as we had emphasised the restricted access at time of design survey by Mark. Rescheduled for 29th November after we had to chase it to find out what was going on. Again this turned up on a very large lorry which could not get within 200m of our house. Rescheduled for 6th December. No show in allocated delivery slot. By this point, I was forced to conclude that Wickes cared not one jot about me or my order. I called the warehouse and cancelled the order. I was assured the refund would be processed that day. I called into the warehouse the following day to satisfy myself this was so. I was told the refund, had not, been processed since the Wickes system showed the kitchen as having been delivered to us. Chance, would be a fine thing. Given the broken promises up to that point I was irritated, and said so. My ultimate take is: The "customer service" centre is very hard to access. Calling the mis-named customer service centre, dear reader, will entail at least 20 minutes' music on hold before getting through. On one occasion I had to hold for nearly 30 minutes before anyone deigned to answer the phone. By which point I was annoyed. After failed delivery slot no. 2 Matthew(?) Flood at the CSC tried to take ownership of the problem. Even he, was thwarted by the utterly useless delivery centre in Exeter who plainly could not care less about fulfilling the order when it came to delivery no. 3. In fairness, Andy, deputy manager at Plymouth, to whom I was very impolite when I went to confront matters, did in the end, process a full re-fund, after provoking him to do so. Mark Stonehouse remained reasonable despite my patent irritation with Planet Wickes. He alone, apologised and sounded like he meant it. I feel rather sorry for the sales team who have been badly let down by the delivery side of the business. To conclude, having delivered my pithy views on what passes for Wickes' customer service, and been quite impolite in the process, Andy instructed me never to come into his Wickes Warehouse again. I am extremely happy to oblige. Design and warehouse team: 1 Delivery team: Nil.
Good offers but when you bought any item that horrible after sale service. Delayed deliveries, baseless excuses and finally cancellation of order. Happened twice
Customer service has been an issue in getting my fitted kitchen. Too many different staff answering when I phoned about delivery of items. Staff were not helpful when I asked aproximate time of delivery. I have never found any problems with other companies before. This meant lots of inconvenience for me. I also emailed but never got an answer from them about things. Getting a new kitchen is expensive and I would never get one from them again .
£30 Bulk delivery to the Kerbside is limited and excludes customers that do not have strong people to hand to move the delivery from the kerbside to the garden or property. Often only one person turns up to deliver bulk items. On occasions the driver will deliver to your garden or property, but you cannot guarantee this. Unfortunately, that means for me I cannot order no more bulk items from Wickes until they improve their delivery service.
Tried to use our gift card in the Brighton store. They said they couldn't process them at the moment as they weren't scanning properly. I asked if they could find out how much was on the card and honour it anyways, seeing as the gift card was bought in good faith that it would be honoured. They told me it was a nation wide issue. It was a rather young acting manager and he refused to phone anyone higher up the chain of command. We left disgruntled, then when we got home phoned customer services, who said they hadn't heard anything about the problem and could indeed let the store know how much was on the card and it was up to the store's discretion to honour it. I had to phone back the store and tell him how to do his job, then wait for him to phone and check with higher management after all. We then had to go all the way back to the store, where the man/boy manager had been told to honour the gift card. Wasted time and journey for us! Not impressed by the unhelpfulness. Hubby had taken the day off work to do the job but it took half the day to just buy the tools we needed using a pre-paid card that we trusted would be honoured. Could have been dealt with so much better and faster if the manager had tried to be more helpful and think outside the box a little.
Wickes is rated 1.53 based on 1,453 reviews