Appliances Direct Reviews

4% of reviewers recommend Appliances Direct

How would you rate Appliances Direct?

(optional)
We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

269 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Simple order I g and delivery on time.

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Appliances Direct in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Simple order I g and delivery on time."
Jessica Morris
Unverified Reviewer
"Cowboys that don't give a stuff about the customer"
Mrs Cathy Collins
Verified Reviewer
"My new beko condenser tumble drier was delivered very promptly on the morning of my scheduled delivery day. The two delivery men were helpful and courteous. I am delighted with the product! Excellent service from start to finish."
"Super quick delivery and great price"
Jess
"very efficient ordered a Stoves Oven online it was very easy to do and next day delivery"
"Extremely poor customer service. You will all be back to change the 5 start reviews if you are unfortunate enough to get something wrong! The actual sale and delivery was great but if you try to return a faulty item then the customer service is terrible. We would have had to incur additional costs of reinstallation, arrange an engineer to come during work hours and other ways to obstruct the companies responsibility to make a refund and return. Companies like this are a gift to the larger online companies who make refunds straight away with no questions asked."
"Ordered a cooker hood/extractor to replace an existing one that had given up. When the appliance arrived I could see that it was the wrong shape for my kitchen. I called to ask about returns and was told that since "I was a business" I could not return the item. I explained that I am NOT a business. The agent said that I was and that they would not accept a return. When I asked what shall I do she said, "Go out and sell it to someone else." I again told that I am not in business and am in fact an OAP. She asked me to hold and after listening to music for some time she finally agreed that I could return the item and they would give me a credit note. I wanted simply to exchange the unit for one that would fit but was told that was not possible and after getting the credit note I should talk to sales. What a lot of hassle! If I was in business I would certainly treat customers differently. What happened to "The customer is always right?" I will see if my credit note ever arrives!"
"The built-in microwave that I ordered at 5:45pm was delivered the next morning even though the website confirmation said to allow between 3 and 5 days. Outstanding service I think."
"paid for a air con unit was told would be delivered on the following friday. friday comes and goes no air con, call them on monday after they say they will investigate and call back. monday comes and goes no call back. 5 days running call them they say they are investigating Rubbish this they have our money and we have no goods we will get in contact with our credit card company to find out our legal rights. believe me it would be a mistake to purchase from them."
"Good price, delivered on time as per their cheapest standard delivery and in good condition. Delivery date/time was not a critical factor for me. Have used them twice already in 2018."
"I had no problems with delivery of an item of furniture and the item itself was satisfactory. There isn't much that can go go wrong with a wooden stand but it was well wrapped and undamaged."
"Ordered an oven booked for 2nd Feb delivery. They emailed back saying they now couldn't deliver on 2nd and can do 5th. I called and said I might not be able to do 5th. They said you will get a slot day before and can change delivery date then. I got text on Sunday saying delivery was 1pm to 3pm the next day. I can't do that so I called the number in the text that said 'Call this number to rearrange delivery'. I called. They were closed because (as I now understand) they got the manufacturer to deliver and don't open on a Sunday so I couldn't rearrange. So I called Monday morning. They said it's already out for delivery but I'll cancel that delivery and we'll be in touch to rearrange. No one called that day so I called back the next day and they said it's no longer in stock (my oven was 'restocked') and wouldn't be in stock again for 5 days at least. I needed it before then for fitting so I called to cancel the order. I cancelled the order and was not told there was a cancellation fee. I then ordered from elsewhere. I then receive an email from Appliances direct and at the bottom it says they will charge me £59 for late cancellation. I call to complain. They say it's in the terms and conditions. I look but there's no mention of £59. They say they will reduce it to £44 and they think this is acceptable behaviour. They may be legally in the right, of which I am still not sure as the number I called to rearrange was to a closed shop, but I found this totally unacceptable and upsetting that they would not concede they were in the wrong."
"Ok so I ordered the wrong freezer I needed an integrated one but the one I ordered wasn't, in the search engine I put integrated, freezer and the one I ordered came up I ordered other integrated appliances at the same time which was fine but my problem is that I rang them to see if I could get an exchange obviously expecting some sort of penalty but I was basically told tough your stuck with it there was nothing they could do! So NO I will never use them or recommend them again!!! I have attached a screenshot of what I put in the search engine and I do believe it was a genuine mistake and will be seeking advice as to what can be done about it"
"Did not meet original delivery date requirement thus causing me to have to refund rent to a tenant. Did not remove old appliances and packaging causing a further request for rent refund. Have not answered their premium rate customer service line for 10 minutes now, and I AM CALLING FROM AUSTRALIA!"
"Got a really good quality sink for this firm. Cheapest vendor and good delivery option."
"Very competitive price. Very reasonable delivery charge. Plus fast delivery"
"Purchased Kodak mobile phone online via Appliances Direct.Received it as arranged found that SIM/micro sd card drawer faulty so phone useless. 3 emails(to customer services) & 4 emessages unanswered. One week later reply telling me to send video of phone fault. Video too big to email, sent 2 photos instead. 3 emails t & 3 days later receive voicemail from customer services instructing me to ring & arrange a collection date (by DPD).Phone call to customer services/returns & 10 minute wait for correct extension arranged for collection for specific day following week with no clarity as to when I will receive replacement. The frustrating wait continues! I could never recommend Appliances Direct on the basis of the bad experience I have had to date."
"33 days after receiving a fridge from this firm which was damaged massively and unusable I still have not had satisfaction. The damaged fridge is boxed and ready to be returned. I have had to jump through massive of hoops. I have sent photos of the damage, photos of all the badges on the item ...and still nothing. I have had endless correspondence with the "Customer Service Director" agreeing to replace it. but nothing happens. It is a small under the counter fridge costing £160. I cannot believe that this is worth their while to make so much fuss about. I would not deal with this firm. They are dire, awful and actually pathetic."
"Failed to deliver repeatedly. Failed to answer phone calls. Failed to respond to emails. Shut down on-line chat as soon as it became apparent there was an issue. Failed to handle cancellation of order. A shambles...."
"First problem was that I payed for and booked an early delivery, got confirmation from appliances direct, then the courier contacted me with a different date, saying they had told appliances direct they couldn’t do deliveries the weekend I initially booked, so I waited over a week. I also paid for my dishwasher to be removed but when the men arrived they said I should have in plumbed it (this was probably on website but nowhere that I noticed and wasn’t flagged up when booking the service). I emailed the company asking for refund of that charge and got an automated reply then no response to my second query ie no refund. I would not use them again."
Appliances Direct is rated 1.32 based on 269 reviews