ao.com Reviews

Could Be Better
Read ao.com Reviews

customerservices@ao.com

AO World PLC 5a The Parklands Lostock

Tell us how ao.com made you happy
AO should never have allowed us to pay for an American fridge freezer knowing full well that it was a heavy item and access required several steps, then leaving the delivery up to chance. AO knew full well a regular 2 man crew with no harness equipment would refuse to bring it into the house. All of AO's competitors are up front about the delivery of fridge freezers, either leaving it kerbside or charging an extra fee for a 3 man crew. AO should have done the same. We were completely misled and their goodwill gesture was not enough, given the inconvenience we had to go through with no fridge for an additional 3 days. We are frustrated by the whole experience and now regret giving AO our money. We should have just asked for a refund and gone with another company that is upfront about their deliveries and does not rely solely on disclaimers on their websites. We would have had to wait anyway and would not have had the extra stress from 3 delivery attempts.
Been trying to contact Ao by email for over a week, been asked to resend my email as the original one not received, despite getting an automated response to say it was received and being dealt with. Rang up and cannot get through to anyone human and just recorded message. An item I bought, that is still under warranty has stopped working, FAQs say to return to manufacturer. Manufacturer say to return to place of purchase!.... Frustrated!!!
Currnetly trying to get through to AO.com as the washing machine I bought on 13/1/17 has packed up. I am on hold now for the past half an hour at least. Intersestingly I thought I'd go through the order line instead and that number was answered in one ring!! This is the second time today I have been left hanging on the line to report this...not very good at all!
Hi Linda. I'm really sorry to hear that your washing machine has suffered a fault. I'm also sorry that you've had problems trying to get through to us. I've had a look at the notes on the order and I can't see that we've spoken to you since delivery, so I'm assuming you've spoken directly with the manufacturer. We suggest that customers speak to the manufacturer as they are the experts when it comes to their own products and can offer the best advice. However, if you do need to contact us, please call 0344 324 9222 and select the option to speak to our Customer Service Team. Michael
I had heard such good things about AO which is why I chose them over Currys/Argos/Tesco etc....
Ordering was very easy but I am so disappointed with the level or service for delivery. I chose a Saturday delivery slot as I work Mon-Fri, so thought that this was very convenient. An email that morning informed me that I would receive my washing machine between 10.30-13.30, which again I though was useful as I know when I had to be home.
However, at approx. 13.35 I received a further email informing me that it had been a failed delivery as I had not been home. Perplexed, I rang the helpline as I had very much been at home and cant see how I could miss this delivery.
The helpdesk were also confused as the driver had said he attempted delivery had been made to an Semi Detached house (I live mid terrace) and the phone number he had called would not connect. I asked if he had possibly tried just knocking on the door, but this is inconclusive.... The help desk then attempted to call the driver for the next 2 hours but his phone went straight to voicemail, something I also find very bizarre.
I was offered another delivery for Sunday morning and if I could perhaps give any more distinguishing features about the property so we could make sure it went to the correct house- I suggested the number that I have on the front door. I had already spent all of Saturday waiting for the delivery and so said that I would greatly appreciate a morning delivery on Sunday so I could have some of my weekend out of the house. I was give the slot 0700-1200... obviously the driver arrived at 11.45. But at least they found the house that time.
Washing machine is fine, cost was ok but I would not use this company again as the cost of my wasted weekend was not worth the saving when many other companies offer a similar service,
Hi Carly. I'm really sorry to read that we were unable to deliver on your schedule date and I can understand your disappointment. I've had a look at the notes on the order and I can see that the order was placed online with an all day delivery of 7am-7pm. We do give customers an estimated time of arrival for the delivery and customers can track their delivery online which will update as per the drivers progress. I'm sorry that the driver was unable to locate your property. He did try and call your mobile, however the number submitted on the order was incorrect. Unfortunately, this was the only number we had. After you had spoken to us, we did try and contact the driver later that day, to see if he could return to the property. We were unable to get through to him, however this may have simply been done to lack of signal in the area. We corrected the telephone number on the order and rescheduled the delivery for the following day with a morning time slot. This of course was successful. We hate disappointing our customers and I'm really sorry for the delay in your delivery. We take customers comments very seriously and always try to improve the services we provide from your valuable feedback. We're constantly working hard to make sure our customers agree that we're exceptional in the moments that matter. I'm sorry this has not been your experience on this occasion. Michael
Order, shipping, etc. are fine, but the return policy is unacceptable for computers. They do not accept it as "unused" from the moment you boot it up. A factory reset could easily be done by the customer, but company will not accept this.
"Not unused" automatically means a 45% deduction, no negotiation. Better avoid this company and buy somewhere with a sane return and refund policy.
Hi. Thanks for your comments. The Consumer Rights Directive states that customers can return goods within 14 days. However, if the goods are not brand new or in resalable condition, the retailer is able to provide a partial refund which reflects the loss in value. Our 14 day returns guarantee allows customers to return an appliance and receive a full refund providing the item has not been used or plugged in. If the appliance has been used, we would retain 45% of the cost. However, we'll always help resolve any issue a customer may be experiencing as quickly as possible. Thanks. Michael
13 day old Indent washing machine just stopped working, I was referred to manufacturer by c/s. Then I messaged on Twitter, the reply was call the manufacturer so they can diagnose fault, then message back and they will repair or replace. Did they forget I am entitled to refund or just leave that off on purpose?
Ridiculous, send customers replacement good immediately if still within 30 day period.
If Indent can;t come and diagnose fault tomorrow I will demand a full refund and buy a new washing machine from another retailer like John Lewis who will replace it immediately after 13 days.
It's not your fault that the machine has broken, but sending a new one is the best alternative, then you can mess around with Indesit as ask them about the fault because quite frankly that's not my problem.
Hi. I'm really sorry to hear that your appliance has suffered a fault so soon after delivery and I can understand your disappointment. Under the Consumer Rights Act you have a legal right to reject goods that are of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described, and get a full refund. Which we are more than happy to do. However, we are also entitled to have the fault confirmed within a reasonable amount of time. Once the fault has been confirmed, we can then offer you a repair, replacement or a refund. I have escalated this with our Products Specialist Team to see what more we can do. Michael
The delivery men would not assist with lifting my fridge into place, so I now have a fridge in the middle of the kitchen which I cannot use. I don't have any family or friends in the area who can assist me with moving it into place so am now trying to find a solution. I didn't pay for the installation fee as I can put the doors and hinges etc on myself, but I didn't realise that this meant they wouldn't even assist with lifting the fridge around 10cm into place for me, even though they had just carried it up 4 flights of stairs! It's absolutely ridiculous!

The delivery of the fridge freezer arrived over 30 minutes after the stated delivery slot of 3-7 which I wouldn't have minded had there been an apology, and mud ended up on my carpet as it was wet outside.

I won't be using AO again nor will I recommend them.
Hi Rebecca

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us.

I'm sorry to read of the experience you had with the Driver Team who delivered your appliance. I can appreciate how frustrating this must have been for you.

Placing an appliance in position is something that is included with our connection service. However, I understand that this is something you're comfortable doing yourself and that this service wasn't necessary in these circumstances. I'll ensure your comments regarding the Driver Team are passed on to our Logistics Team. We're always looking to improve the service we offer and your feedback is crucial to us in achieving the best service possible.

Due to the overall experience you've had with us, I've arranged for the recycling and unpack services to be refunded to you. A total refund of £23.98 shall appear in your account within 3-5 working days. I hope this goes a little way to apologise for what happened.

Should the mud left by the Driver Team made a stain on your carpet, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Contact Centre on 0344 324 9222. We'll be able to provide you with a satisfactory resolution.

I hope this experience won't hinder your decision to choose us again in the future.

Kind regards

Rob - ao
I can not fault the delivery time nor the call to me when 20 minutes away... however, it took two men and a trolley to bring the fridge freezer in to my kitchen... they then just left it in the middle of the room, fully packaged and on a large base. I am a 5ft 2, 54 year old lady living alone.. seriously, how was I expected to get it off the foam base?
There was nothing to indicate I would have to do this myself. An extra fee for this, should be added as an option, which I am sure people in my situation would be happy to pay, rather than having to approach neighbours for help.
Good Morning

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us.

I'm really glad you're pleased with the delivery service we offer. We like to keep our customers in the loop as best we can. I'm sure your new appliance looks wonderful in its new home :)

When placing an order on our website, we offer a wide range of optional extras that can be added in order to tailor your experience to your needs. These services include unpacking and inspecting the appliance, disconnection, connection and recycling. These services are chargeable but are completely optional. As the unpack service wasn't added to your order, the Driver Team were unaware that you needed them to carry out the service for you. Should a customer not add the unpack service, the Driver Team are still able to assist in unpacking the appliance when asked.

I really hope this experience won't hinder your decision from choosing us again in the future.

Rob - ao
Not impressed with installation service when delivery men arrived minus any tools which they had lost on route. Eventually found a screwdriver to do job. Paid almost £60 for disconnection connection and disposal of a washing machine, expect a better service than this for the money. Also they didn't arrive in an ao van but a smaller white van.
Thanks for your review. I'm sorry that you weren't happy with the installation of your washing machine. I've had a look at the notes on the order and I can't see that you've spoken to us regarding this matter. I'm sorry if you felt the driver did not have the correct tools, although I can see from your order that the driver did install the appliance and ensured it was working correctly. With regards to the van, there may have been a mechanical issue and we had to use a reserve van. I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused. Michael
Purchased a Sony tv after one day did not work all good ao sent another the next day but 4 months later same problem again but this time they want me to contact Sony but nothing from them just contact ao again I've had one call back from them and seem to stopped replying to my email very poor service definitely won't buy from them again
Good Morning Thanks for providing us with your feedback. I'm very sorry to read of the issue you've experienced with your TV. I can understand how frustrating this must be for you. All appliances are supplied with a manufacturer's repair warranty. This particular manufacturer have Service Centre's around the country where you can drop off a TV for repair. Unfortunately they don't offer a home visit repair service for TV's. My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. I can see from the notes on your order that you've discussed this with my colleague Emma. I believe she has arranged for a goodwill gesture to be offered to you for the experience you've had with us. This shall appear in your account within 3-5 working days. If you require any further assistance, please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us. Many thanks Rob – ao
Bought an AEG washing machine in September. Delivery was fine and the washing machine is brilliant however I have now discovered that the hose which came with the machine was not used and they just connected the machine to the old hose. We have now found out that this has been leaking badly for some time, so much so that the water has seeped through the kitchen wall and flooded under the laminated floor in our bathroom. Called the number for the service plan (call them out for anything said the man) and they don't cover the pipe as it is not part of the machine. Personally I think it's a vital part as the machine won't work without water. Will be complaining to AO on Monday
Thanks for getting in touch with us Karen. I'm very sorry to read of the experience you've had with your appliance since it was installed by us. I can appreciate how disappointing this must be for you.

Having found your order, it would appear that we're yet to receive any correspondence from you regarding this issue. We would expect to be notified of any issues with an appliance or installation within a reasonable time period. It has now been 5 months since the appliance was installed so it would be difficult to ascertain the exact cause of the issue you've experienced.
If you’re able to arrange for an engineer to attend and confirm the route cause of the issue, we can look into what we can offer as a goodwill gesture. Once you have the engineers report, please give our Contact Centre a call on 0344 324 9222 so they can assist you further.

Rest assured, we’re here to help and are happy to discuss this further with you.

Rob - ao
Driver refused to take the door of my integrated fridge with him, even though I had paid extra to have my old fridge removed. Everything was ready on the drive but he took everything but! When I questioned this I was told they could only take white goods - clearly untrue as they took the packaging, polystyrene and plastic with them not problem!
Good afternoon

Thanks for your comments.

I'm sorry that the driver refused to take the door of your fridge and I'm not exactly sure why not. I can see from the notes on your order that you had paid for recycling, so the driver should have taken it.

We have fed this back to the courier and we've refunded the cost you paid for this service. You should have already received this.

I do hope your happy with your new fridge.

Thanks

Michael - ao
We were promised Saturday delivery with a 4 hour time slot. The delivery failed but we were not notified until 2minutes before the end of the delivery time. Reason being that the ban broke down 20 mins from my house...suspicious considering the wales game kicked off at the same time! We were then told that it would be delivered Sunday and I would receive a call at 9am with the time. Again no call till 10:30am and told it would be at some point this afternoon. I have now had to cancel my work for the day resulting In a loss of £100 due to their lack of communication. Will not be recommending AO to anyone in the future.
Good Afternoon

I’m sorry to read of the experience you had with your delivery, I can appreciate how disappointing this must have been for you.

A vehicle breaking down is the last thing we would ever want to happen as this causes a delay in our customers receiving their appliance. The Driver Team should have kept you updated with what was happening and what the next steps are. My apologies for the delay in the second attempt of delivering your appliance, this truly isn’t the experience we want our customers to have and we’re gutted to have let you down. I would be more than happy to look into this further for you, however I’ve been unable to find your order as you haven’t provided any details in your review. If you could send us an email to customertestimonials@ao.com with your order details, I can look into this further for you.

Kind regards

Rob - ao
Earlier today I placed my first order with AO and the goods are being delivered next week. I have just received a phone call from AO to “check” everything is OK with my order. This was actually a sales pitch to convince me to buy an extended warranty and a care pack for two of the appliances I had ordered. It was clear that the person was giving a sales pitch and would not take no for an answer even when I said I had no intention of buying these extras. I had to tell him several times that I was not interested and then he asked me to explain why I was not interested. I was less than impressed and I doubt I will buy goods from AO again.
Good Morning

We really appreciate you choosing us for your new appliances needs, it really does mean the world to us.

However, I'm sorry to read that you're unhappy with the call you received regarding the Protection Plan that we offer. This isn't the impression we want our customers to be left with at all. The Plan offers additional peace of mind when buying an appliance and protects you for more than a standard manufacturer warranty. We understand that the Plan isn't for everyone and the decision to take it up is completely optional. I'll ensure your comments regarding the Plan and the manner in which it came across are passed on to our Quality Team as we're always looking to improve the service we offer.

We really hope this experience won’t hinder your decision to choose us again in the future.

Rob – ao
3 OUT OF 6 APPLIANCES ARRIVED DAMAGED! One damaged item I could see, possibly, but 3 out of 6? That's 50%, and 50% is not a passing grade! The whole ordeal left me wondering if they were selling me second-hand goods! We just moved into our new home, and I outfitted the entire kitchen through AO. Three out of six appliances arrived damaged. For one of the damaged items I accepted a discount. For the other two items, I returned them and since it was going to take a too long for AO to replace them, I went to one of their competitors to have them replaced. One of the items was out of stock with no projected restock date in sight. We live in Northern Ireland and the turn around from ordering your item through AO to actually receiving it is not good. To get AO to arrange for pick up of the items took two weeks. I had to phone multiple times while these two damaged appliances sat in our kitchen taking up space that we cannot spare. Some of the customer service agents were not very helpful. One customer service agent referred to Norther Ireland as an "International shipment"...well that didn't go down too well with me and I reminded the agent that we live in the UK, the same country as himself. Never again.
Thanks for your comments. I'm sory to read about your experience with us and I can understand your frustration. We appreciate that on occasion a customer may receive a damaged appliance, although it's most unusual for a customer to receive 3 damaged items. All of our appliances come in the packaging supplied by the manufacturer and to ensure our customers always receive appliances which are in perfect condition, we check the outer packaging to make sure there is no visible package damage before they are accepted into our warehouse. Only appliances which are free of damage are sent to our customers, however on occasion, appliances can be less than perfect once they are unpacked. Once a customer advises us of any damage, we can offer either a discount or a replacement. We do use a third party courier in Northern Ireland, so deliveries and collections do take slightly longer. I'm sorry for the confusion and inconvenience this caused. Michael - ao.com
Although a good service when it came to the delivery, I had to question if the goods that they were selling were seconds. The Kettle I got only lasted 6 months, the toaster is on its way out after only 8 months & now my Fridge has started to make a lot of noise! Feeling very nervous about my Washing Machine & Dishwasher! From now on I will be spending that bit extra & get my electrical goods from a well established high street shop!
i ordered an oven got an text l to say it would be here between 1 and 5 then later on i got another text it will be between 3 and seven i took my old oven out ready for the new one which came at just before 7 oclock fitted it and turned it on and only the fan and light work on it no grill and no heat for the oven i phoned them straight away and explained i had no oven now i need a replacement tomorrow i was told we cant do that sorry you have missed the deadline for tomorrows delivery you will have to wait till the day after and it will be sometime between 7 and 1 oclock delivery i said we now cant cook anything we will have to get a take away meal guy said we will put something in your paypal to cover some of the meal this of course did not happen i got nothing they have done a refund on the cost of the oven but its cost me a meal phone calls a wasted day waiting for them i wont be buying anything from them again due to all of this its been a right mess up
ao.com is rated 4.32 based on 3,168 reviews