DoorDash Reviews

36% of reviewers recommend DoorDash

Tell us how DoorDash made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Under an hour
customer service
Returns & Refunds
Difficult
refunds process
"I ordered on line, then did not see an itemized receipt, so I went to the online help desk and was asking if the tip for the driver was calculated in the total amount. As I was texting with her, my phone rang and it was a representative from door dash stating the restaurant was out of the appetizer I had ordered, I replaced it with another appetizer, then went to finish my discussion online with the help desk. We got the bill squared away so I knew the driver was being tipped. I then received a call back from the representative and she stated the restaurant said my order was cancelled. I never cancelled my order and related that to her that the order was not cancelled that only the appetizer was switched with another one. She said okay. I never received my food and never received a follow up to the survey I took. So no dinner that night!!!"
"We are a restaurant that never signed up to be a participating Merchant with Door Dash, but somehow we appeared on their listings. We do not offer our own delivery, only takeout. We received a couple orders placed via Door Dash until we figured out how to have our name removed from their listings. They do not identify themselves when they call, so the only initial indication that something was wrong was they sounded like they were calling from a call center. First, we had a driver show up 2 minutes after the order had been placed, and he was irritated because he was told it would be ready; he had to wait at least 20 minutes. Then we had other orders that sat in the window and were never picked up. When we called the number back that we were given, we reached Door Dash, and had to struggle to get refunded for those orders. We finally found a 1-800 number listed in their Terms of Service and were able to remove our restaurants from their website. Do not deal with this service! I can't imagine that the quality of the food would be maintained, if they can't even handle basic pickups and communication, and are causing problems for businesses that haven't signed up to be associated with them. Big scam."
"Food arrived a half hour late and was ice cold."
"I work for DoorDash and i must say i am getting very tired of being an employee. I am missing money and i still haven't received it!! The representatives have been telling me different stories all week about how they are going to resend my money!! It is a big inconvenience and i really need this money ASAP!! It is great for making side money but the CONS outweigh the PROS. I don't think i am going to refer/invite anyone else to drive for Doordash (because the ones i DID invite) are having problems with DD as well. Smh. The company is unprofessional as a whole"
"NEVER RECEIVED OUR ORDER! DRIVER MUST HAVE EATEN. WE ARE STARVING!"
"I will stick with bite squad from now on. Was given ETA of 39 mins. An hour and a half later and I still don’t have my food, but the dasher is picking up someone else’s."
"ugh. it's not even worth it the headache. food arrived super super late. getting in touch with door dash is hard. website and app are not user friendly. it's like a 5th grader designed it. so so so bad....... i complained that my beverage was cold and customer services literally told me "no its not""
"While they have a lot of places to order from, the cons don't give me reason to use them. Limited order options for each place, can't order in a special way (I.E. removing stuff or adding items not listed on the "order") AND you can ONLY order online with their extremely LIMITED OPTIONS! I see ZERO reasons to use them cause of all of the reasons listed above. I'll only be ordering from places that deliver themselves or I will pick it up myself."
"I received several text messages. First one thanking me for my order; 2nd was informing me that the meal would be delivered at 5:00PM today; 3rd one was that the Dasher had picked up the order at 5:12 and the last that the meal had been delivered at 5:22. Only the first one was true, I never got my order and customer service told me the Dasher was not answering her phone. The CSR was going to give me "Store" credit for another order, but I told her that I wanted my debit card credit immediately. She told me it would take 5-7 business days for the credit to appear on my account. Terrible experience and I will not be using them again and recommend you also stay away from this delivery service."
"Ummmm. I ordered basic Italian and it was wrong."
"Our driver was rude and hung up on us. I tried giving her directions to our house and she refused to follow them. She left the neighborhood without ever delivering our food but marked the order as complete."
"Your driver was instructed to leave the pizza with concierge as we are in a 400+ Unit high rise. I got a text from the driver saying she was downstairs. I responded "I am watching kids and cannot come down - please leave with concierge". Instead of leaving she drove off and marked the pizza as "unable to be delivered".... Come on now, I don't expect white glove service but I expect my pizza to at the VERY least be delivered. Unbelievable - you should not be in business with service such as this. You guys are terrible."
"DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY! DONT TRY DOORDASH. EVERYTHING went wrong. First, the coupon code I received for $5 off wouldn't work. Customer service was useless, repeatedly telling me to enter the code and it would apply. It wouldn't. They asked me to send a picture of the code to prove I had it. I did. They still didn't help. Once again said enter it it would work. It didn't. Despite this, I gave them a chance and placed an order (full price even though I should have had $5 off) last night. I ordered at about 530 was informed it would be about 650 delivery time. That is fine, if that's how long preparing and such takes... I got a text from them relatively soon after (I placed the order about 530pm, got this text about 540pm) saying my food was in the works and they'd let me know when my "dasher" was there to pick it up. That happened at 7:15. I got my food about 730 (40 minutes after I was supposed to get it). Driver went to the wrong door then me ME walk around the building to meet him because he couldn't tell the difference between my address and a side street. I didn't even get an apology or one word about how late the food was. The food was DISGUSTING. Smoked Gouda Mac and Cheese that had obviously been prepared an hour or more before it got to me was congealed and hard and ice cold. Then I got the text asking to rate my experience 1 (bad) to 5 (good). When I text back 1, I got a text saying "sorry your text was not received you'll have to go to "xyz" for support". Support didn't help me the first time I'd needed them, so why bother? Don't ask for reviews if you can't take the answers, don't give times you can't deliver on, and tell your drivers to at least learn to say "sorry". Maybe if the driver wasn't clearly working for GrubHub as well (He was carrying the GrubHub Bag food goodness sake) both of these delivery services could do better with their drivers not picking up orders for both companies and making people wait 2 hours for ice cold disgusting food."
"The worst app EVER they tell you that your delivery is free an still charge your card I placed my last order only because they had to credit me for charging me when they weren't suppose too!! NEVER AGAIN"
"Multiple times orders have been incorrect. Restaurants have called me to tell me they are missing half the items in the order and when I called the door – or they tell me they don't know how to cancel the order. Nor can they give me an email or phone number for someone in customer support. They pretty much tell you just to deal with it. I also had a situation where the doordasher called me an hour later to tell me they can't find the restaurant. I asked them what I was supposed to do and they told me they didn't know . When I finally got in touch with customer support they were not apologetic at all they canceled the order. Didn't offer any sort of courtesy credit or anything and pretty much told me again just to deal with it now that it was 1030 at night and I couldn't find anywhere else to order food from. Horrible customer service. Horrible App."
"Horrible service! Gave them three tries. Too long to go into details. Trust me! Delete this app! Don’t use their service!!"
"Was afraid to try Doordash for the first time because of some negative reviews I had read BUT..... IT WAS GREAT. We ordered from JJ's Mexican Restaurant in Salem OR and the food was just as requested and 10 minutes early! My husband ordered a shrimp dish and I had enchaladas with a side of guac and chips. They even included 2 small salads. It was hot when it arrived and Oleg, our "dasher", was polite and friendly. Couldn't have gone better - hope it continues."
"Driver never showed up and said my card didn't process through. Lies! I my account shows the payment had gone through. I had to pick up my the order on my own. What's the point of DoorDash, if the driver doesn't deliver the food. I want the extra charges removed."
"First time ordering and it got canceled. They called and told me it was because the place wasn’t doing to go orders....well then why have it on your app? It’s inconvenient when inaccurate. When I received the call about the cancelation, the representative was rushing me the whole time and trying to hang up."
"Simply ask for a receipt, which I should receive and didn't get the help that I needed. No worries! I will take my business to grub hub👍🏽"
DoorDash is rated 2.50 based on 2,594 reviews