DoorDash Reviews

customer service
Returns & Refunds
Difficult
refunds process

How would you rate DoorDash ?

"Order was delayed, missing items, and no one at DoorDash took responsibility for the errors that occurred. The driver claimed the restaurant was busy and they messed up part of the order. The driver also stated her verified everything was in the bag for our order. Upon receiving the order, we were missing one full meal worth of product. A side missing in one meal, another side in another meal, the main items from another... it was a mess. I called the restaurant who stated they do not endorse, promote or use DoorDash, and wouldn't be able to help without the physical receipt. When I contacted DoorDash thru their app and their Twitter page, I was given the run around for over an hour. The person on their Twitter account even went as far as the state their drivers do not violate any policy for ordering the food themselves as it helps to ensure food is delivered hot and fresh. This was our very first order... and our absolute last with DoorDash."
"We have ordered from door dash a couple times. Always late, tonight the pizza was cold. After tracking the drivers location it was obvious they had another stop to do with our food in their car. Do not use if you want promised delivery time and warm food!"
"I cannot use because it will not let me update my credit card"
"I'm very frustrated. I have moved to a new area where your serve is available and I have spent hundreds of dollars in the past two months. I placed a order today and it will be 20 minutes late. After contacting the restaurant I was informed it was a problem from your company end. I tried to contact customer service with no satisfaction and only excuses. I will be sending my future business to grub hub and uber eats as they have given me much better customer service. With the amount of money I have spent in such a short amount of time I would expect better service"
"I ordered food through doordash and I dint recieve my food but I was charged for it. When I called to ask about my money they are not able to find my order in their system and so they ll not refund my money. I had to pay my money for not receiving my food. It's really bad.. PLEASE DO NOT ORDER THROUGH DOORDASH"
"Have ordered 3 times. First went great items ordered came correct and timely. The other two times had errors and were late. The last time I ordered the guy came I though I heard someone at the door but had no ring or knock. Checked and the guy was standing there. I open the door and he looked like I had taken forever. I gave him and odd look and asked why he did knock or ring the bell he just shrugged his shoulders. Ummm were you liking my food and hoping that I did not answer."
"I tried to order our lunch for the office and it said the Mexican restaurant was closed at 11:00 - wouldn't process our order (or gave us an option of delivery times for 9:00 the next morning!) When I called restaurant to GO PICK UP OUR ORDER, they said they would speak with management about times on web-site. I also had a coupon which said $10 off of $20 and free delivery. Wouldn't honor this along with above problem."
"Food was never delivered called to talk to someone and they said they sat in the parking lot of my hotel for 10 minuets never came to my room which was on the delivery slip guess they thought I was a mind reader and I knew they were in the parking lot"
"My order was wrong. I ordered a Loaded Dubbie (it's a sandwich) and an order of fries. What I received was an order of loaded fries which is not what I ordered. I ran outside to catch the driver when I saw I was missing the sandwich and she said that was all that was in the order. When I called the restaurant they said that the driver comes into the restaurant and places the order so it was her fault that it was wrong. So it turned out it was her fault but she acted like it wasn't. I submitted a complaint online but they only credited the cost of the food back to my account (not the other fees). I googled their contact info because it is not readily found on their website. I called customer service and said that I don't want a credit I want the amount refunded to me. The woman I spoke to was very polite and helpful and she said the refund should show up on my card in 5-7 business days so we'll see if that really happens. The other thing I did not like was their hidden fees. It was my first time ordering so delivery was free. However there was no mention of the $1.00 service fee and the $1.00 "small order" fee (it said that there was no order minimum but then they hit me with a small order fee? Not cool). When I clicked the button to submit the order the total amount shown did NOT include these fees. Yes, it's only $2.00 but that's not the point. That kind of thing is a shady business practice and is the reason I will not use doordash again. The delivery mixup was one person's fault but those hidden fees make doordash a company I don't want to give my business to."
"Do not, I repeat, DO NOT ever use this food delivery service. It is absolutely the worst. At first, it was fine but recently I have had ALL kinds of bad experiences with this service. It began when someone hacked into my account and put 2 new addresses for 2 different states on my account then they had $500 worth of liquor in my cart as if to complete an order and thankfully I received an email that someone had changed my email address on their app so I logged into the app with the email address the hackers used and my password (which thankfully they didn't change). I was able to cancel this order before it was submitted. Today, I placed an order to try to give them the benefit of the doubt. It took OVER AN HOUR for them to get this order out the door, and then it was delivered to another location. I NEVER received it. It took OVER 30 minutes with an agent on the Live chat to finally get a refund confirmation. I deleted the app right away. I will NEVER use this service in my life again."
"I was waiting for over an hour for my food only to get a call that they did not know where the driver was. The restaurant confirmed they picked up my order but they had no idea where he went. Customer service put me on hold and then hung up with no return call. Horrible service!"
"I placed an order, waited about 45 minutes for the delivery, and they waited until the delivery time, to inform me that they cancelled my order because they couldn't find any drivers in my area. I'm not exactly sure why they couldn't have told me that when I placed my order?? I will not be using their service again."
"Placed an order with Door Dash and hit SUBMIT too quick before I realized it was going to cost more than $10 extra dollars. I immediately hit the button to cancel my order and it wouldn't cancel. So I called them and they said it was on it's way - it literally had been seconds from ordering and cancelling. They ended up cancelling but it now takes between 7-10 days to process the credit back to me. I called the restaurant and complained. We won't ever use Door Dash again."
"I ordered a plain pizza from Papa Johns and they messed it up! They called and ordered me a gluten free pizza. which was horrible. They did not issue me a refund and the store manager cursed me out. I am hurt and dissatisfied. I would NEVER EVER USED DOOR DASH AGAIN"
"I had one bad experience with a restraunt and called customer service about it. They were supposed to refund me 18.61 for the order. I have waited since September 8 and still no refund."
"If i could give door dash negative stars i would. I travel all over the country for work and each time i have door dashed it has been HORRIBLE! In Columbus, OH the driver called me and wanted me to remove things off my order because his "company card" didn't have enough money to pay for my order? I told him i wouldn't do that and i would pick it up myself if i had to as it was an order for an office full of people. I tried them again in Indianapolis and it appears we have gone through 2 dashers and still no food after more than an hour wait. Since you charge so much for Taco Bell you think you would get it somewhat close to on time. I should have just ordered room service from the hotel instead. I will never spend money with this joke of a company again. Trying to save time doesn't do any good. I could have gone to the farm and raised the cattle by now!!"
"Ordered pizza and got Chinese food. Then he lies and tells me he picked it up from the pizza place. Sent him away with the food and he ends up throwing it at my doorman screaming “she ordered pizza”! My doorman really needs to carry a gun. DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!"
"I requested DoorDash delivery for a business luncheon. The driver never showed. Well, he showed up 1 1/2 hours later. Never. Again."
"Their database is not updated...in years probably. I'm still waiting 2 refunds regarding two restaurants out of business! They took the money, was the end of August, well I'm still waiting. They don't even answer my email. Totally unprepared and unprofessional."
"I am a very regular customer but their service is just terrible. And they have become way too arrogant. Two incidents: 1. I ordered lunch at about 1.30pm and it did not arrive till 3.30!. Then they called me and told that someone picked up the order for me and they don't know who is it! All they suggested me is that I cancel the order. They told they will give me credit of max $3!. If other services (say Amazon) messes up the delivery, they will do a complete order redelivery. 2. I was in a hotel and I ordered something. They gave me wrong order because the restaurant messed it up. I had to throw away the food. I complained to Doordash. DD kept on saying that someone from customer service will get in touch. Its over 2 weeks and I am still waiting. I am eagerly waiting for another delivery service to come up so that I can dump DD."
DoorDash is rated 2.64 based on 2,328 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!