DoorDash Reviews

43% of reviewers recommend DoorDash
Courier, Own Driver
Telephone, Email, Live Chat

How would you rate DoorDash ?

"Terrible, my order is 30 minutes late and still showing processing, after reading all the review, I should never have placed an order with you, Every one beware, they have terrible reviews all over the place, SCAMMERS, will be disputing the charge with my bank, you are losers!!!!! Wow is this how you you operate a business, terrible!"
Shital Joshi
Verified Reviewer
"Below is how doordash fool its customer. Chat message is given below: Doordash Customer Agent (Named has been replaced) (7/20/2018, 9:22:48 PM): Thanks for chatting in! We look forward to working with you. A member of our team will join the chat shortly. In the meantime, please provide as many details as possible about your request. The more information we have, the faster we can assist with a resolution! Doordash Customer Agent (Named has been replaced) (7/20/2018, 9:22:58 PM): Hi, I'm Gladys! How are you doing today? Me (7/20/2018, 9:23:06 PM): I got a referral discount of $10.00 and my account got verified too. WHen I placed my order and during the checkout time also, the total cost was around $13 ($13 and something). After I placed my order, they the referral discount of $10 was gone and they deducted $23($13 and something) from my account. As I have activated credit card payment alert and was immediately notified about the total cost. Then immediately (like 1 minute later), I tried to cancel the order and it says "Your Dasher already has your order and is on their way, so we can’t reschedule your order." How pathetic. I moved to this new service from grubhub, which I regret a lot now. Doordash Customer Agent (Named has been replaced) (7/20/2018, 9:24:05 PM): I'm so sorry for the inconvenience! Let me take a quick look at your account, and I'll help you right away. Me (7/20/2018, 9:24:34 PM): ok Doordash Customer Agent (Named has been replaced) (7/20/2018, 9:25:13 PM): Thank you! One moment please. Me (7/20/2018, 9:25:19 PM): sure Doordash Customer Agent (Named has been replaced) (7/20/2018, 9:27:42 PM): Thanks so much for waiting. It will take just another moment or two. Me (7/20/2018, 9:27:51 PM): i will wait Doordash Customer Agent (Named has been replaced) (7/20/2018, 9:30:42 PM): Hi, thanks so much for waiting. I already review your order and your account. I just some questions for you. Me (7/20/2018, 9:30:59 PM): and whats that Doordash Customer Agent (Named has been replaced) (7/20/2018, 9:32:04 PM): Did you referred a friend or your friend referred you? Me (7/20/2018, 9:32:26 PM): my fren referred me Doordash Customer Agent (Named has been replaced) (7/20/2018, 9:32:51 PM): Thanks! Me (7/20/2018, 9:33:02 PM): ok Me (7/20/2018, 9:34:14 PM): hello.. Doordash Customer Agent (Named has been replaced) (7/20/2018, 9:34:32 PM): Hi, I'm still here. Me (7/20/2018, 9:34:39 PM): just checking Doordash Customer Agent (Named has been replaced) (7/20/2018, 9:35:33 PM): I just review the referral credit that we have. I show here that you and your friend will both receive $10 credit after you place your first order. Doordash Customer Agent (Named has been replaced) (7/20/2018, 9:36:16 PM): I'm not quite sure why it shows on your account immediately since this is your first order. Me (7/20/2018, 9:36:27 PM): it tell the referral will get $10 discount in the first order. Me (7/20/2018, 9:36:46 PM): It initially showed $13 Me (7/20/2018, 9:37:20 PM): but after payment it moved to $23 Doordash Customer Agent (Named has been replaced) (7/20/2018, 9:37:59 PM): I'm really sorry about the confusion. I'll check options to make it up to you. Me (7/20/2018, 9:38:18 PM): that will be very helpful Doordash Customer Agent (Named has been replaced) (7/20/2018, 9:40:40 PM): Thanks! Doordash Customer Agent (Named has been replaced) (7/20/2018, 9:42:09 PM): Upon checking in here since your first order has completed, you and your friend will receive the $10 credit and it may take up to 3 business days for the credits to be applied to your account. Me (7/20/2018, 9:42:40 PM): I would like to have $10 back in mycredit card. Me (7/20/2018, 9:42:54 PM): It should have never deducted $23 in the first place. Doordash Customer Agent (Named has been replaced) (7/20/2018, 9:43:17 PM): What I can do for you right now, is offer $5 credits on your account for the inconvenience. Is that okay with you? Doordash Customer Agent (Named has been replaced) (7/20/2018, 9:44:01 PM): I'm really sorry however that is how the referral promotion works. Me (7/20/2018, 9:44:19 PM): Its not just about $10. But its the matter of cheating. I am really feel i m cheated.. Me (7/20/2018, 9:44:54 PM): This is not the first time, I am using service like this. I was a regular customer of grubhub and I never encountered issues like this.. Doordash Customer Agent (Named has been replaced) (7/20/2018, 9:46:57 PM): Grubhub and DoorDash are different. And the order that you placed earlier is your first order with DoorDash. Me (7/20/2018, 9:47:47 PM): yes, i know they are different service..My only issue if after payment, my did the amount changed? Me (7/20/2018, 9:48:01 PM): it should have not refelected $13 in the first place. Doordash Customer Agent (Named has been replaced) (7/20/2018, 9:48:22 PM): You can also check the details of the referral credits on you account by clicking DoorDash credits and then Get DoorDash Credits. Doordash Customer Agent (Named has been replaced) (7/20/2018, 9:49:14 PM): I really apologize about the amount. However I would like you to know how the referral credit really works. Me (7/20/2018, 9:49:49 PM): so you mean, this is the way refer work? changing amount after payment? Doordash Customer Agent (Named has been replaced) (7/20/2018, 9:51:28 PM): No, Shital. It might be an error with our tools. Your referral credit will applied on your account after you place your first order. Doordash Customer Agent (Named has been replaced) (7/20/2018, 9:52:23 PM): That means you can use on your next order. However, it may take up to 3 business days for the credits to be applied to your account. Me (7/20/2018, 9:52:37 PM): Thats a very good way of fooling. You mean digit 2 in $23 got automatically changed to 1 and later back to 2? Me (7/20/2018, 9:53:03 PM): Anyways no thank you. I am done with such a service. Keep you $10 to yourself. Doordash Customer Agent (Named has been replaced) (7/20/2018, 9:53:30 PM): I'm really sorry about this one. Doordash Customer Agent (Named has been replaced) (7/20/2018, 9:57:14 PM): Hi, are you still there? Me (7/20/2018, 9:57:48 PM): can you send me this chat message in my email? Me (7/20/2018, 9:58:14 PM): oh ok..there is a save button.. Me (7/20/2018, 9:58:17 PM): Anyways thanks Doordash Customer Agent (Named has been replaced) (7/20/2018, 9:58:21 PM): I'll check if we have options for that. One moment please. Me (7/20/2018, 9:58:21 PM): have a good night Me (7/20/2018, 9:58:43 PM): I got from the side menu."
"Order was 1/12 of what I paid for, no way to contact them. Terrible business."
Shital Joshi
Verified Reviewer
"Never get food from doordash. They are scammer. I got a referral discount of $10.00 and my account got verified too. WHen I placed my order and during the checkout time also, the total cost was around $13 ($13 and something). After I placed my order, they the referral discount of $10 was gone and they deducted $23($13 and something) from my account. As I have activated credit card payment alert and was immediately notified about the total cost. Then immediately (like 1 minute later), I tried to cancel the order and it says "Your Dasher already has your order and is on their way, so we can’t reschedule your order." How pathetic. I moved to this new service from grubhub, which I regret a lot now. Never again will use this."
"Drivers are unprofessional, unreliable and cannot navigate the area in which they were hired to deliver food. My food was marked as delivered and I never received my food, the driver left because they claimed they could not find my address, which is a huge apartment building, and I was still charged for my order."
"Your reviews are abysmal because the service has already gotten worse. As working professionals, we rely on delivery because we are often times busy. If I place an order at 10:38 because I have a 12pm meeting, how is that difficult to accomplish? Stop giving 40min estimate times when you know the dashers you employ are not going to meet it. I know good help is hard to find, but you all don't even make an effort to offer the customer any form of reprieve. Nowhere to call. No customer service. No ability to leave a review. Nothing. You don't even bother asking how the experience went. Come on guys...do better and be better. I am tired of getting food half an hour after my delivery estimate only for you to say that you're "running a little behind." You may also want to let your dashers know that there is such a thing as calling before you arrive. They can order the food OVER THE PHONE. Hell, even I can. Just make that your business; pure delivery. That way if I have issues I can take it up with the restaurant. OH! AND! They repeatedly pocket the extra dough by using promos/coupons/specials while there that aren't accessible on the website. So, I end up shelling out $19.09 with tip, and they end up spending $15.67. That's pretty sleazy."
Pissed Consumer
Verified Reviewer
"Worst food delivery service ever by far. Ordered 6 Burritos from Chipotle and driver Roscoe J. brought 1 Burrito and then when I told him I ordered and paid for 6 Burritos and showed him receipt on my phone and even the ticket on The Chipotle bag said 6 Burritos, he told me “That is not my problem” and he doesn’t get paid to go back or to make sure the order is correct. This company/service is a Fraud!!"
"Would give a zero. I have ordered 7 times from here 5 were cancelled and they cancel after 40 mins of waiting and you see your driver is getting it then nope they call you say sorry it'll be 4-6 days of you want your money back on your card so I had it credited to the app two orders later they cancelled both... took three hours to finally get one too go through and when I asked to be credited for the inconvenience....1 Fucking dollar was all they would do. Use Amazon or uber before this place"
"Dasher lied and said they delivered my order and I didn’t received it and their customer didn’t bother to act like they care won’t even order from them again ."
"Failed to delivery order. Contacted the restaurant where the order came from and they could not do anything about it since it was through Doordash. Called Doordash customer service and had to wait on hold for 17 mins until someone finally answered. The person I spoke with was short and not at all helpful. He acted like he wasn't even listening while explaining the problem. Finally he stated he would call the driver and disconnected the call without giving me a chance to speak."
"The WORST! Delivered to on Monday. No issues. 48 hours later scheduled another delivery and this moron driver could “not find the house?” Left two phone numbers bother we’re called back promptly and not answered! 5 minutes later, I get a text saying “sorry. Since you didn’t return our calls, we can’t offer you a refund.” Criminal. How do I know he was even there! We came out, no car anywhere.....liar, thief or incompetent. Will never use this again."
"This is the second time within a week that food has arrived with the wrong order or missing items. Each time I Spent hours talking to DoorDash and the restaurants with no resolution! DoorDash Customer Service was very unprofessional and just kept making excuses and never corrected the mistakes. DO NOT USE THIS DELIVERY SERVICE!!"
A FORMER DOORDASH CUSTOMER
Verified Reviewer
"Had an issues with an order. Restaurant said to refund order and they would remake. DoorDash would not uncharge the order. Offered a refund of 12.99 ($10 plus the error delivery fee which was not to be made because order was placed during time when no fee was required.) IT IS A MONTH LATER AND I AM STILL WAITING FOR THE REFUND. This company is the worst delivery service - they don't even make sure the order from the restaurant is correct. and CANNOT PROCESS REFUND THAT I HAVE IN WRITING THEY WILL PROCESS>"
"I had a kitchen remodel that lasted four months. I would almost order nightly. This is the third night in a row that they have messed up my order. The wrong food is delivered. You ask for extra dressing. They give you no dressing. The night before the app said there was no delivery charge. The minute I started ordering, a delivery charge was added. I have lost probably $500 from this group. I don't know why I did not stop using them earlier. I have removed the app from my phone. I will not use them again. I tried to voice this concern by calling customer service and was on hold for several minutes. HORRIBLE! DONE! GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!"
"Used them for a while but their selection is terrible and after an order that took 37 mins longer then the arrival time they gave me with no updates as to why it was late I deleted my account. The food was barely warm and the toast was soggy."
"They do NOT communicate with their "customer" after the order! I made an order for dinner and was told, "Your food will arrive in 45 minutes." However, it took an hour and a half+! The thing was, the issue was with the RESTAURANT! BUT...I was, "NEVER INFORMED," by doordash. Being a disabled man, I had to take a Powerful medication and eat food, NO MORE than 30 minutes later! I did not know my order would be late until "I" contacted THEM! I had to eat something at home, just so I would not get very ill. Apparently, they don't feel the necessity to inform their customersn that their food will be 45-50 minutes LATER THAN THEY TOLD YOU! I was a, "First Time Customer!" There won't be a 2nd. All they had to do was "communicate." They did not. They would get a "zero star" rating...if possible."
"They stole my money! I ordered $40 worth of food and it never showed up. They said they would credit my account and they never did. But they sure as heck took the money out of my bank account. So far no response from customer support. I regularly ordered from doordash until food was missing out of my orders and they refused to give me any kind of a credit. This business is a joke!"
"Thieves you can’t contact them if anything goes wrong"
"Ordered McDonald's from door dash for the first time today. the tracking page is not accurate, you have to continuously refresh the page. The delivery person was rude and it was delivered late. It wasn't the first time i ordered delivery online ,i have ordered from skip the dishes and everything is pretty accurate on their site but my experience with door dash was horrible. i don't recommend them and will never order from there."
"Order was messed up, items that I ordered were missing. When I asked for a refund I was offered $4 on a $16 order. I then looked on their website to delete my account with them being certain I won't order with them again and THEY DON'T OFFER A WAY TO DELETE PERSONAL ACCOUNT! I had to contact the support for this and no response. Better Business Bureau is the answer!"
DoorDash is rated 2.79 based on 2,079 reviews