Prudential Reviews

1.3
Based on 233 reviews
Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Over A Week

Tell us how Prudential made you happy
It has no email or chat facility
Avoid Prudential Financial like the bubonic plague. In particular, their Lancaster, PA field office and a clown named Evan Perets. Had "7 figures" invested with them for years and was the worst experience of my life. Bunch of cut-throat buffoons who even bulk at closing your account and returning all your money when requested to do so. Avoid at ALL COSTS!
what a shame i cant give this joke of an out fit zero stars ,i have never encountered a worse level of customer service .no one knows what they are doing ,no one is trained to help ,all they can do it delay everything .why i ever put my money with them i will never know ,take a tip from me don't go near them.
My parents took out my policy when I was 8 years old. I am now 42. My father died 25 years ago and my mother recently passed. I have been trying to update the bank account that autopsy is taken out of. The amount of information needed to do this is ridiculous. I need the exact date the policy was taken out and the exact amount the policy was started with. Sorry, I was 8 years old and can't remember, haha. I will NEVER use this company for my own family. The only reason I am keeping this policy is due to the amount I would lose to cash it out. I'm trying to give them money and they make it almost impossible. If you decide to start a policy, my suggestion is keep every single paper they ever send you!
This company has the worst online and phone in customer service I have ever encountered. I was recently given power of attorney for my older parents and trying to change beneficiaries on policies. Their agent that they had for years moved on and they haven't had an agent for over 10 years. So when they asked me to make changes to the policies I decided to try it online first then phone into customer service after the website was too confusing to use. I wasted 2 days of my life dealing with the phone in customer service. I found a local Prudential agent who was willing to take on the work that I needed to get done. He is fantastic. If I did not find him I would never recommend this company to anybody. It sounds like the local agents have the same heartaches that phone in and online customers have as well. He has not told me this specifically but I can see there have been a lot of follow-up calls to me to get things straight. This is so unfortunate. My parents have had policies and annuities with this company for 50 years. Unless things change I would never recommend this company to anybody.
Lucky got 1 star numerous times trying to log in online details all correct keeps logging out nothing short of joke live chat forget it cut you off while still typing and phoning might as well phone run marathon come back pick phone up and still be in queue just shocking and it’s my money ?
Customers service agents are systematically inaudible. Very problematic.
just put a claim for storm damage after storm Isha and the ones that followed .It was for 2 roof tiles have been with them for years .They said it was not storm damage so that they did not have to pay now I can not afford to pay someone to fix it.That is why I paid for insurance all these years.do not use them.
Their automated phone system is literal garbage. I’ve been trying to rollover my 403b since summer of 2023 and it’s Feb 2024. Every time I use their phone system AFTER putting in my SS twice and my pin twice and it asks for a yes or no, it hears my response and says sorry I can’t process that or sorry I don’t understand , let me forward you to someone completely irrelevant that’s going to hang up on you because it’s not their department.
The prudential customer service Group associated with Empower 401 K App are useless and ignorant. Reminds me of dealing with the cable company as prudential says its empower and empower says its prudential
I have had my pension with Pru for quite some years and paid in monthly. I moved to them on advice from my financial advisor, unfortunately I trusted them. I am now in the process of removing my savings to another company and have experienced the shear incompetence of Pru. Having looked at the performance of my pension investment I can see very little growth and huge charges for their services and also fees to my advisor. I would not recommend Prudential in any way, please be advised.
Following the sad passing of my brother and despite my brother leaving a valid Will Prudential have sent two letters advising that they, once they have completed their checks will decide who to pay my brothers pension to. One of the Pru letters was even dated before my brother passed away. My brother if had known that this would be the situation regarding his pension would have moved his pension years ago. This company is the only company that I have dealt with since my brothers passing who have ignored the Will and have a most absurd process/procedure which makes absolutely no sense at all. They have asked for a copy of the Will. Who are they to decide what should happen to the pension when a valid Will has been made. After all it’s not their money. The delay in the payment of my brother’s pension is causing unnecessary financial stress and stain. Most frustrating is that they insist on only using post to communicate. What century are they in?
I was served by Mr. Naseer Khan at Prudential, Marine One. He was knowledgeable of the product, able to explain clearly and was very patient whenever I have any questions. With his help I am able to decide and select the policy that meets my objective. Well done and excellent customer service!
Horrible customer service!!! I am trying to change bank account information to make a payment but keep getting the run around. I'm the person on the account, but the payments had been taken out of my Mom's account and she just passed away. Prudential will not allow me to simply update the account to take payments from. I'm trying to give them money but they are requiring a ridiculous amount of paperwork. This account has been open since I was a child, otherwise I would NEVER use them!
Website login never works, interest rates are appalling, customer service is unbelievably antiquated. Taking repeated inquiries to resolve things that should take a click of a button (and would with other providers). Will never invest with again and would advise others to stay clear
Since July 2023 I have tried to transfer my AVCs to my Personal Pension all within Pru. Extremely long story , as most others , no joy , incorrect information, inconsistancy , incompitants etc.... They have now put me in financial debt as i have waited patiently for my money, after hundreds of calls, but NO I must get financil advise, even though I have explained the law to them , and that I can claim this under my stutory rights, NO !!! As others if I could give - stars I would.
I have called Prudential three times in this week. I’ve gotten wrong information. Been hung up on after a long wait and still have not received documents in my email. I am so disgusted. I want to surrender my life insurance policy with them.
I would also "award" several minus demerits if possible. Contact procedure and then agent engagement is abysmal. I perused the "leadership" on their website......real zeros......most likely oblivious to these issues. We're out at the earliest possible moment!
Like most others I would give them minus stars for this review. I have been actively trying through a QROPS agent here in Australia to transfer my pension for well over 24 months without success. Every time I get close they demand further documentation and insist on all correspondence be sent by mail taking upto 4 weeks to send and receive. I complained formally several months ago about their terrible behaviour and they sent me cheque for 800 pound for the inconvenience they have caused me. It takes 10 weeks to clear. I would never ever recommend this company to any human being. I do want compensation I just want my pension transferred before I die of old age, or maybe that's what they want
Firstly I did not realise how bad the Prudential had become until I started to read the comments below. It would appear that Pru really do not car in the slightest about their existing customer base. My story is really the same as below, I have been with the Pru with various services over the past 35 years. However having now moved to Australia I am trying to deal with them using their secure message system. Well after approx 1 month I still have no answer to my initial question and have been passed around / ignored. I will continue to request an update EVERY day in the hope I will finally get someone who cares. Such a shame for what appeared to be such a great company all those years ago!
Prudential is rated 1.3 based on 233 reviews