Homebase Reviews

Over A Week
Read Homebase Reviews

ph:+44-34-50778888

order.enquiries@homebase.co.uk

Tell us how Homebase made you happy
Homebase 1 star review on 6th May 2022
Homebase 1 star review on 6th May 2022
Homebase 3 star review on 26th April 2022
Margo Walker Karen Marshal
Tony
Awful delivery service. Promised next Monday. It's been 2nd Monday. Guess what? Nothing. Called twice just to receive an email that they would "raise the search" of my order that'd take another 2-3 days. Avoid. I can't put a no-star, so putting one which is already a lot for the delivery service they provide.
Ordered kitchen 9 weeks ago. Meant to be delivered by 15/05/22. Heard absolutely nothing. Phoned customer service they don’t know where it is. Joke. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.
I ordered a hedge trimmer from homebase 2 months never to receive the item ,contacted you for weeks to be told you would phone me back to resolve the issue.Never got any help whatsoever no one ever got back to me and was charged for the item .I have now had to contact my credit card to resolve the problem.Worst company I’ve ever dealt with,I will be posting on social media to warn people not to buy from a company that you don’t receive your goods from .
Oh dear, Homebase as we knew it no longer exists. In my dealings with them over the past few weeks, I have sometimes felt I was losing my mind. Sofa bed we wanted was in stock for delivrry only, so I completed and paid for the order. Then received an email confirming the order and delivery date. Five minutes later I received an email cancelling my order. I then ordered it again three more times. Each time the order was confirmed, then cancelled. I now have so many emails from them it is a joke. I don't think their helpline is UK, because not sooner do you get through and explain the problem, you are cut off time and time again. Homebase doesn't seem to have any stock either online or in store despite their advertising items as being available. There is something really very seriously wrong with the store we once knew as Homebase. Customer service is zero and going into the store to speak with someone is a waste of time, as nice as the staff are, they can't help either. What a bizarre was tomrun a business.
Dreadful customer service. Had to call 6 times and was cut off 3 times. Incorrect item delivered, corner sofa with 3 arms. That no one could understand wasn’t correct. it could now take up to 14 days for courier to contact me to arrange a date to collect item and deliver another. Very poor show Homebase. Will never order on line again from you.
Homebase 1 star review on 6th May 2022 Homebase 1 star review on 6th May 2022
First bookcase arrived with missing parts - I'm still waiting for the DX delivery people to come and collect it. Third time unlucky today. Disgrace of a courier. Homebase were great at sending me another bookcase, can't fault them. I'm afraid I'll be leaving this repackaged incomplete bookcase in the garden for them to collect!
I visited the Hexham store and was assisted by David who was extremely knowledgeable, helpful & very professional. Brilliant service, thanks David
Was in Glenrothes Fife they were very helpful and friendly helpful and polite required to load bulky items in my van Angela and Tony could not do enough for us thank yous will have no hesitation to return to that store
Homebase 3 star review on 26th April 2022
I paid for next day delivery...it was not delivered...also it is disgusting that a British company has its customer service in India....people in this country need jobs....I shall not order from them again
I purchased a product call SPOT ON Black spot remover and patio restorer. I followed the instructions to the letter. Having followed the instructions I awoke the following morning and the solution had put hairline cracks in 6 of the slabs i had applied it to. I reported this to HOMEBASE who were slow to respond and then passed me on to a company called Sipcam Home & Garden Ltd. Once again these were slow to respond. I provide them with the batch number and all details and asked them to arrange an inspection. I also advised that they carry out a thorough investigation. They eventually came back to me with the following. Sorry for any delay, I have had to wait for the liquid supplier to get back to me and with Easter this has impacted on our response time. Their response was that the active materials in Black Spot Remover could not have caused the damage to these slabs. Even if these are composite slabs made from a mixture of aggregate and concrete/cement, hypochlorite-based chemicals will have no detrimental effect. If an acid-based cleaner has been used, an even surface attack would be expected, removing a millimetre or two at the most. One photo it seems to show that the slab has had impact damage. (THIS IS ABSOLUTE RUBBISH AND THEY REFUSED TO COME OUT AND INSPECT THE SLABS) The product is packed with all its necessary hazard warnings and instructions for use, and precautions that the user must follow. (INSTRUCTIONS WERE FOLLOWED AS I TOLD THEM SEVERAL TIMES) HOMEBASE HAVE CHOSEN TO EXONERATE THEMSELVES OF ANY RESPONSIBILITY. I ADVISED THAT THEY REMOVE THE PRODUCT FROM THEIR SHELVES BUT THEY ARE ACTIVELY SELLING IT STILL. IT IS DANGEROUS.
Homebase 1 star review on 21st April 2022 Homebase 1 star review on 21st April 2022 Homebase 1 star review on 21st April 2022 Homebase 1 star review on 21st April 2022 Homebase 1 star review on 21st April 2022 Homebase 1 star review on 21st April 2022
Do not buy a Homebase kitchen. I have had endless problems with my Country Living kitchen from them. They lost my first kitchen and then rushed to rebuild it in a few days so the quality was poor. So many delays, no installation instructions, wrong parts, poor quality. They had clearly resprayed parts that were a different colour in their rush and the paint just peels off. Every time I think the problems have ended, something else goes wrong. Most recently, they sent me screws for the handles that don't actually fit through the doors. All of this causes unnecessary delay and frustration. It has taken me months to get this all resolved and I am still not happy with the end product. Both the Country Living and Homebase customer services is non existent on the phone. I had to keep going to my local store where they are sick of the sight of me. I wish I could go back and buy a kitchen from anywhere else but here.
Homebase are good but totally let down by DX delivery service. I would use Homebase again provided that they promised to use another delivery service.
I purchased a garden furniture which arrived damaged and unsafe and i wanted it returned Home base said they would collect it I have been waiting since the 29th march for collection I had this text but they did not contact me or collected item Guess what? Your Homebase order will be with you between 10:25 to 12:25 06/04/22, by DX (0812605941)! This is an automated message, so please don't reply.
Told me it would be up to seven days delivery for £6. I think it’s too much for a seven day service but I couldn’t get the paint delivered from elsewhere and don’t have a car, so I paid it . I was also hopeful it would be less than seven days as it said up to. So I waited the seven days only to now be told they don’t know how long it will be. Ridiculous service for this day and age. Other companies charge less and offer a next day service. I should’ve avoided Homebase delivery after they messed up my Xmas tree order but I didn’t think ! This is what happens when you give these companies another chance!
Ordered 3 products off their site that were "Delivery in 5 days". Two weeks later they have told me 2 of them are no longer available and they can still not yet provide an update on when the 3rd item will be delivered. Could have finished my DIY had I gone with a reputable seller instead of waiting 2 weeks for nothing. Go elsewhere.
I ordered an item which had not arrived in 6 weeks. I had to make lots of calls to the call centre to chase the delivery up which I found very stressful. I had 2 delivery dates given to me by DHL however on both occasions Homebase had not despatched the item to DHL which was no fault of DHL. I constantly had to chase this item. In the end I was so upset and stressed I cancelled the order. I will never order anything online from Homebase ever again. Terrible experience and dreadful service. No communication from them about anything either. Customer services did not call me back when they promised to and sometimes when I rang to politely chase delivery of the item I was cut off just awful.
I ordered flooring from Homebase which cost about £1200, when it got delivered they left it on the roadside outside my house, it then got stolen and I have taken this up with Homebase only to be told they delivered it to the roadside outside your house so there is nothing they can do as it is delivered. So I’m now hundreds of pounds out of pocket and still mo flooring. Absolutely disgusting company avoid at all costs.
Homebase will not honour 25 year guarantee I have the same problems as another customer with the doors and the engineer saying it’s wear and tear although they are covered by 15 year wear tear. But this is a fault not wear and tear
Homebase 1 star review on 14th January 2022 Homebase 1 star review on 14th January 2022 Homebase 1 star review on 14th January 2022 Homebase 1 star review on 14th January 2022 Homebase 1 star review on 14th January 2022
I WISH could have no stars listed. 2nd time have visited this branch. No wonder the store is virtually empty staff always do rude at checkout. 2 50 year old women. The heads of the company should 'spy' checkS. Dont they realise why there is no income coming in........Weird
Looking for a replacement shower head Brian was very helpful and answered all my questions regarding suitability. Helps that someone like Brian is on hand.
Homebase is rated 1.92 based on 872 reviews