Homebase Reviews

Over A Week
Read Homebase Reviews

ph:+44-34-50778888

order.enquiries@homebase.co.uk

Tell us how Homebase made you happy
Homebase 1 star review on 17th October 2018
Jon dale
Homebase 1 star review on 17th October 2018
Jon dale
K Penney
Got a bike. First time of riding it, I braked at the junction and my handle bars spun! Stacked it good and proper! 🤪.
I visited Homebase Finchley Road, was served by Mary whom was extremely knowledgeable on all products from garden to home. She went out of her way to help and explain everything I needed to help me purchase the right products. Thanks to Mary I enjoy shopping at Homebase Finchley Road than I do most other shops. Excellent products and excellent staff.
to Homebase

Jenni,
It's too late your service is absolutely appalling.
Please refund the money as previously requested.
I don't want to hear when you blame others for non delivery.
I have had 15 emails making excuses.
It's time to pay up and accept you are unable to provide an internet shopping service.
JUST SEND THE MONEY BACK.
No regards
Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells
YOUR INFLATED PRICES ! ........
And your store in Bracknell is like a jumble sale
Only plus the staff are great .
Will never purchase here again..
Travelled all the way to Team Valley as it was the nearest store with stock of a cube unit we wanted. Despite resevring the item it was no where to be found in store or in the warehouse even though 2 were showing as available. Very disappointing, offered delivery at our expense but not prepared to compensate for inconvenience.
waited since 25th November 2020 to receive 2 cabinets
1 arrived 3 weeks later after numerous emails phone calls finally received second one all damaged now have to wait till a courier collects it before they will order a new one even after sending photo of damage
REALLY BAD SERVICE
Placed an order online received a no response email, DHL now want to deliver however the online booking app doesn’t recognise the postcode, DHL is also no reply.
Ordered some Christmas lights and paid £6 for delivery on a named day. No other information or emails received to inform me that the order has been despatched. Rang them to ask when delivery will be and they said "there must be a glitch on the system as can only see the order placed and no other information, will contact our warehouse team and get back to you within 48hrs"!!!!
A quote from their website: "We aim to deliver all items within the delivery window displayed on product pages" (Lie number 1) "If there are any delays with your order, we will notify you in advance of any issues" (Lie number 2)
Homebase, if you can't deliver a product, you have no right to take my money. Now I have to purchase more lights and wait for a £50 refund! I'm sure they'll hold on to that for as long as possible!
This will be the last time I order from Homebase, absolutely no customer service.
Will be contacting Mr McGloughlin to demand an explanation for such poor service.
I was standing in the queue to pay for my goods. In front of me there was a black lady, an employee, of Hombase. She had hair locks dangling down from her back. Her hair ends were dyed blue/green colour. Short in height. Her face colour was not dark dark.
When I joined the queue there were many people waiting to be served. Not really distancing that much. I at a point went to see something on the side leaving my trolley. My trolley became very close to her accidentally.

She pushed the trolly away from her saying you are getting too close to me.
The nice thing would have been her to say in a descent manner sir can you keep your distance.

I am thinking don't Homebase teach their employees how to treat their customers.

This was in Walthamstow branch on Sunday the 6th of December at 1pm to 1.10pm. You can check your cctv.
Was in Homebase Upton today ,was served by Paul ,sooo grateful for his help and his patience , also his sense of humour ,as he said how hard can it be to buy a staple gun 😂😊
Took my granddaughter to homebase to get a real Christmas 🎄 we met JOHN in the garden department who was very nice nothing was to much trouble he told us all about the different types of trees and we ended up with a beautiful tree.he even carried it to our car. So my advice to anyone looking for a real Christmas tree is go to homebase and ask for John!!
Cancelled order for mower in April but still delivered. A number of emails sent to Homebase to arrange return of mower and refund but no reply! - and unable to contact by phone.
'Resolver' involved in June. Three emails sent plus letter to Managing Director - no reply.
Finally personal letter to Damian McGloughlin, CEO of Homebase.
To date, not even the courtesy of a reply to ANY of my correspondence. Mower remains unopened in my garage!!
Avoid Homebase at all costs. Other businesses will appreciate your custom.
Ordered Paint for a job that had a deadline date, the paint never turned up and after numerous contacts with customer services they were forever giving me different dates they claimed the paint was delivered , i find it impossible for one item to of been delivered on 3 or more occasions, they then said they have to take it up with there supplier even though i have never dealt with there supplier it was Homebase i made my sale with. my advice DO not order online from homebase they are the worst deliver method you could chose and the customer service will leave you for days and weeks on end without any resolve
bought cabbage plants earlier in the year several different sort they all had clubroot thats now infested my soil making it useless to grow any brassica for the next ten years. The plants should have been grow in sterilised compost has standard who ever there supplier is should be prosecuted I am not at all happy about this and will take it further
Promised delivery twice this week but didn't materialise. Pathetic service.
We visited Homebase in Maidenhead today to purchase a nest of tables. We were assisted by Connor who was friendly, professional and extremely patient. Nothing was too much trouble. Amazing customer service.
I’ve just had the misfortune to visit the store at Syon Lane, it is truly the worst customer “service” I’ve ever come across! The staff are completely uninterested in helping, selling or giving any kind of service whatsoever! I wanted to buy a cordless drill, I waited for ages for a staff member to come and help, eventually I decided to go and find someone. The first staff member I approached made it very clear that he couldn’t be bothered as he was SO busy stacking a shelf. I went off to find another, the next one had to be cajoled into “helping” me, we went to the tool section whereupon having scanned the item I wanted he announced that they had NONE in stock ! I asked why don’t you sell me the one on display ? To which he replied that it’s only for display !!! So you have on display an item you DON’T have in stock ...what’s the bloody point of having it on display then ???? Absolutely dreadful and you have now lost yet another customer.
Last 2 times bad customer service. First visit no price on any bags cement. Asked male assistant: reply you'll have to wait as he walked if chatting to join another 2 staff. I walked out. Today asked where is paving sand. Reply if its not there look outside. Outside member if staff said its inside. Looked but none seen . Walked out.
I couldn’t get the paint I wanted so they mixed it for me not only that they didn’t know how to change pot but they read instructions and done it they hadn’t done it before also it was passed there closing time and still they were happy to continue I want to give them a verry big thank you it was the Berwick sore there names are Stephen. Linda. And Lynn so please give them a good mention thank you so much they were brilliant
This is a pretty good program if you go with the paid package. The biggest/most frustrating aspect of this program for me is the wait time for customer service. Thankfully I don't have to contact them often. However, today, I did and again waited for an extended amount of time (almost 40 minutes).That is a long wait time when you are trying to run a business.
Homebase is rated 1.99 based on 787 reviews