Homebase Reviews

Over A Week
Read Homebase Reviews

ph:+44-34-50778888

order.enquiries@homebase.co.uk

Tell us how Homebase made you happy
Homebase 1 star review on 1st August 2022
Bob
Homebase 1 star review on 6th May 2022
Homebase 1 star review on 6th May 2022
Homebase 3 star review on 26th April 2022
Margo Walker Karen Marshal
Tony
Driver left delivery outside front door. We are disabled and expected him to lift it over the door step. We were doing to tip him. Think again mate
Hi reserved 2 tins of paint online and payed for it had been in the Hamilton branch they did not have it lady at customer service advised us to do this before we went to make sure they had it before travelling from Wishaw to pollokshaws got there only to be told they only had 1 As it had not been picked. which I don’t fine acceptably Store assistant said it happens all the time I wasted fuel/ time getting There and to be honest I don’t think anyone cared don’t think I will be back .
£6 for a small roll of masking tape. I didn't realise masking tape contained precious metals. Went to B&Q instead.
I have hearing loss; when I asked the customer service to speak slowly she spoke so slowly it was like she was mocking me. She was unhelpful and obtuse in her manner. When I couldn’t get through to another store she started at me as is to say ‘so what do you want me to do about it?’
on the 14th August my wife bought a 5 litre tin of Homebase paint. Unfortuntately it exploded in her car. She came home covered in white paint as she had attempted to clear up the mess when she parked in a nearby car park. Anyway we contact customer compliants and they advised us to send over images and proof of purchase which we did. Then the management at the Woking Branch got involved. That is the branch where we purchased the paint. The general tone of thier emails was that they did not believe us. Then the area manager boosted that he has never heard of a can of paint from Homebase exploding. I have subsequnetly found this article as follows:- http://www.diyweek.net/tin-of-paint-explodes-over-homebase-customer The 14 August was a particularly hot day and I thought it was important to tell homebase about this issue because I feel that they should warn their customers about carrying paint in these extreme temperature. But instead we got a very COLD and NEGATIVE response. I think it started from the minute go. I have a good idea why that is the case!!! Something to do with my origin! DO NOT SHOP AT HOMEBASE. If you read the link about the other case it is perfectly clear that Homebase use sharp practice when they deal with customer rather than in the spirit of good customer relations.
Dreadful customer service ordered 2 items and paid delivery charge one arrived second item 4 days late called twice staff don’t seem to know where it is. Asked for refund can’t get it until they get in contact with supplier. I could have got the item in Chichester but chose delivery as one of the items was online only. I will never order again and avoid the store and untrained staff
Please explain why Homebase charges £10 for 1220 x 900 plasterboard whilst B and Q only charge just over £7?
Bought a Howells Led flush bathroom light for 22.50 in the sale at Richmond. The package clearly shows a ceiling light photo and nowhere does it say it is for wall use only except on the internal instruction. Took it back for a refund or exchange and the manager point blank refused either. He said that there were no refund notices up, though admitted they only went up yesterday, well after the sale started. I feel mugged and cheated of normal customer expectations.
Homebase 1 star review on 1st August 2022
DONT ORDER FURNITURE IN HOMEBASE I ordered a clic clack sofa from homebase in May 2022. I paid for this item instore at the galwally to store in belfast I was told the sofa would be instore between 7 and 10 days for collection. . It is now July 2022( 4 months)and the store tells me there is no stock of this item. I have continually wasted time ringing the store for an update. Homebase has taken my money on false pretenses. Money taken and no product to give. 4 months later a deputy manager from the galwally store is again following up poor service given by her colleagues in buying g and distribution of furniture at homebase. I will NEVER buy any furniture from hombase. VERY POOR SERVICE.
Bad customer service, staff are uninformed and stores are messy.
Placed order for flooring, underlay and floor tool kit. Chose option to get everything delivered on Tuesday and only one item arrived, so I called customer service who assured me that my other orders will arrive by Thursday. Today is Friday and I have dismantled all bedroom furniture and taken old flooring up ready for new flooring, but still has not arrived. Such an inconvenience and no apologies or updates unless I contact Homebase myself and even then can not trust what I am being told. I have lost total faith in Homebase, even paying £30 for delivery does not ensure we get the products on time nor get any updates. Terrible customer service.
My husband ordered Florence garden set from Drakehouse shop Sheffield Paid for it and order got a numbere mail to confirm the purchase ,then he a got telephone call to say they had sold the set, He wasn’t happy so went to store to find out what happened. He spoke to the manager he just said it was sold end of? How do we get our Money back in 4-5 days Takes minutes to tell you it’s out of stock He then asked him could we have the display Model No So my husband looked to see where else to get one from Newark had one, so he ordered this one, ordered it got order number and e mail confirmation of purchase Then got a call to say they only had the Display model they were very apologetic the lady was very nice which they agreed to sell We said OK But thinking about it overnight , the logistics of getting to Sheffield was too difficult So we won’t be going to collect it or shop with yourselves anymore My main complaint is the differences in the standards of shops
Placed order online with next day delivery option which I chose. Got dispatch confirmation that day. I got no tracking info or who was going to deliver it. Next day still no info or delivery so I called to be told that yodel are having technical problems and will be delivered in 2 or 3 days. Homebase was well aware of this so why use them and not go with another delivery service. Well and truly peed off as I waited in all day and won't be at home to recieved it in 2 or 3 days, told him to cancel the order. Will take my custom elsewhere. Homebase just take your money and don't care about getting your order to you when it is their responsibility.
If possible I would score zero.Having ordered online for click & collect at Chichester Homebase,nearly 20 miles from my home address, I arrived at 15:15 but was not served until 16:00 by 2 inept staff who dawdled & seemed unable to use the IT system.They were also alien to the concept of customer service Avoid at all costs because I certainly will in future.
The following is a genuine exchange on Homebase chat on 29May22 14:03 Homebase Harry Hi there, I'm Harry, your virtual assistant. Please pick one of the options below and I'll try to help 14:03 Store query Sent · 14:03 Homebase Harry Please select one of the below 14:04 Services in store Sent · 14:04 Homebase Harry Please find some helpful articles below 14:04 Does Homebase offer paint mixing? We can mix a wide range of Dulux paints in-store. Find out more here. View article Where can I get custom wood cutting? Specific Homebase stores offer a wood cutting service. Details can be found at your local store here. View article Was this helpful? 14:04 No, I still need help Sent · 14:04 Homebase Harry Got it. Try rephrasing your question or start over. 14:04 I want to check stock leveles on Flymo Easiglide 36cm lawnmower, Glasgow South side but the web site refuses to cooperate. Sent · 14:05 Homebase Harry Here's an article that might help: 14:05 Where can I get custom wood cutting? Specific Homebase stores offer a wood cutting service. Details can be found at your local store here. View article Was this helpful? 14:05 No, I still need help Sent · 14:05 Homebase Harry Got it. Try rephrasing your question or start over. 14:05 Check stock levels not working Sent · 14:05 Homebase Harry I didn't get that. Try rephrasing your question or start over. 14:05 Unable to check stock levels on line Sent · 14:06 Homebase Harry I didn't get that. Try rephrasing your question or start over. 14:06 This is rubbish. Is anybody actually there? Sent · 14:07 Homebase Harry I didn't get that. Try rephrasing your question or start over. 14:07 I didn't get that. Try borrowing a brain cell. Sent · Just now Homebase Harry I didn't get that. Try rephrasing your question or start over. Just now Type a message
Dreadful service on both delivery and ‘click and collect’. Happy take the money, charging more for specific delivery dates then don’t bother turning up or letting you know that the time is not arriving. Cancel the order because it’s happened twice already and decide to order the same item for click and collect because surely that can’t go wrong?! You guessed it - took the money, got there and ‘sorry it’s out of stock. It’ll take 3-5 days to go back on the card’. Joke.
No issues with store staff. They're fine. Product quality is another matter. The latest rubbish I mistakenly bought is a garden bistro set ( table and two chairs) Eloise natural. £80 isn't much to pay. However, it was bought on 6th May 22 and now it's the 20th May 22 and it showing rust blooms on the bent tubular frames and on all the welds. A result of poor paint preparation and insufficient coatings. I will of course return to store for a refund. But what a waste of my time and further the companies time. Do your buyers not conduct quality control checks. My past product issues have all been due to shoddy product.
Awful delivery service. Promised next Monday. It's been 2nd Monday. Guess what? Nothing. Called twice just to receive an email that they would "raise the search" of my order that'd take another 2-3 days. Avoid. I can't put a no-star, so putting one which is already a lot for the delivery service they provide.
Ordered kitchen 9 weeks ago. Meant to be delivered by 15/05/22. Heard absolutely nothing. Phoned customer service they don’t know where it is. Joke. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.
Homebase is rated 1.9 based on 890 reviews