hoppa Reviews

of reviewers recommend hoppa

Tell us how hoppa made you happy
SHOCKINGLY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE
Have only put 1 star as no option for minus or zero stars, I had a Return transfer booked from Dalaman to Marmaris on the 19/05/20 my holiday was cancelled on the 17th, I immediately contacted Hoppa to change my transfer to the 15/09/20 Same airport even the same flight numbers. On the 20/05/20 I received an email saying that my transfer date had now passed and I could not change the booking or receive a refund. I replied to the email to say that my transfer hadn’t passed when I first contacted them to amend my booking but received a reply that said the only thing I could do was contact the complaints department and an email to contact them. I put all the details down including screen shots of my ticket number showing the date I contacted them. I received a reply that said there was nothing I could do as the transfer had passed, I contacted them again to explain that it hadn’t passed when I first contacted them, only to receive another email saying sorry for any stress this may cause but we are not prepared to do anything about it but I could have 15% of a one way journey if I wanted to book again. As somebody who has used Hoppa at least twice a year for the last 8 years and sung there praises I find this totally unacceptable, enough for me to write my first critical review of any Company. Be warned great company when things go well but you’re on your own when it doesn’t
Totally disgusted with this company. Never use this company. They aren’t the cheapest either, but I thought the reviews did not look too bad. How wrong I was. Never again. I usually never write reviews, but now I know the importance of reviews. I have warned all my family and friends never to go near this company. Please avoid or your holiday will be full of stress and worry. I booked an arrival and return journey from Doha thinking this would save me the hassle and airport taxi fares which are usually extortionate. However, before boarding my flight to Doha from the UK- (7hour flight) I received an email highlighting that the driver had turned up at the airport to pick us up and we were not there. Ridiculous Hoppa had mixed up our evening arrival time with the morning time and had the cheek to blame me for it, even though I had given them the flight details. I rang Hoppa’s emergency number after being put on hold and going through so many options which was so unclear, I finally spoke to someone who was more useless then a chocolate tea pot. They kept shifting the blame to me like a broken record player and said the flight details were wrong and so was the timing. I asked Hoppa to contact the taxi firm to confirm they could re-arrange the pick-up for us and for them to investigate this before I boarded my flight. She put me on hold for 2mins and then said she just spoke to them and they did not have the capacity to do so and the taxi firm could not find the flight details either. I asked to speak to a manager who was even more useless then the first person I spoke to. I asked Hoppa to arrange with another taxi company and they refused stating they only have one company they use in the whole of Qatar- Doha. Ridiculous. They did not even have a contingency plan for emergencies. She kept shifting the blame and did not want to help at all. The pathetic thing was there was x7 hours before my arrival and they could not even arrange a taxi for us? I then sent them an email to cancel my return journey after I landed, and they did not reply to me at all. I contacted the taxi company they had arranged with in Doha directly and they told me that Hoppa had not even contacted them about the missed transfer nor spoken to them about re-arranging the pick-up which they could have done. Furthermore, the first contact they had from anyone for my booking was from myself. They also informed me that the flight details I had provided were accurate and it did say evening flight, so they attempted to contact Hoppa, but no one picked up. As a result they had no recourse but to cancel. Basically, Hoppa lied about the whole thing to shift the blame and did not even contact the taxi company as they said they had. After I directly cancelled in advance my return transfer with the taxi company in Doha, Hoppa replied to my email and cancellation request via email x3 days later. Totally useless. 5 months later they still have not resolved my issue or complaint nor gotten back to me even after numerous promises to do so. The icing on the cake was: the airport taxi fare to and from the airport in Doha was less then half of what I initially paid to Hoppa. Uber was cheaper! How ridiculous and it was so straight forward. Will never use this transfer company again.
Disappointed with hoppa, I have just been refunded on 2 holidays with Jet2 with NO admin charges. Why is it that Hoppa does not give an option to either have a refund or credit they must surely understand that we would remain loyal to this company if there was choice but they are being very bullish. Going by reviews lots of people will never use them again. Why change T&C please Hoppa get your act together and do the right thing !!!!
Hoppa are thiefs, travel was cancelled due to covid virus and are refusing all refunds, their pockets are lined with customers money and are basically trying to bully customers to accept an IOU.
This is not legal. AVOID AVOID AVOID
‪@arrive_happy total crooks, refusing refund pushing credit notes you will be reported, several emails sent & received avoid booking with this company nothing but the poorest customer service!!!‬
We ALL need to report this company or nothing will be done. Will
Never use again!!!
Had our city break to Krakow cancelled due to covid and attempted to contact Hoppa for a refund as stated in the t&c. No response to multiple emails and no way to contact via phone. Will deffo not use again. Rip off company and customer service a joke.
Cancelled transfer told contrary to the t and c S that 90% was not refundable
Seems they have the money and will not refund giving credit valued for 1 year not acceptable
Will never use this company again
Ripped all british citizens of. Paid for transport from as alicante to benidorm. Spain government told us not to travel Hoppa refused to refund us only credit 122.00 for 12 months credit this company are thieves and should not be used again.
We cancelled a fully refundable "free cancellation" booking and they are keeping the money, 100 euro offering a credit note instead!! Not good enough!! Shocking breach of contract!
Avoid this company! Booked a transfer in Italy but due to Covid -19 this can’t be fulfilled. It said on website it was not possible to amend and to cancel this and rebook! I cancelled and that and they now say because I cancelled that won’t it be refund or credit!! Done this to several people in a wedding party! Scammers!
I booked a Private Car Service (Mercedes) with Hoppa and according to their information on their website if that car is not available then "Your vehicle may not exactly match the image shown, in which case we'll provide you with a vehicle of suitable size and quality, meaning you’ll enjoy the same high standards". The reason why I paid for the Private Car Service was that its more comfortable and my partner has a bad back (Arthritic Back). I got picked up on the day of arrival (28/02/20) by a Volkswagen Mini Van even though i got a email confirmation saying it was going to be an Audi A6 then on my return to the UK I got picked up by the same driver in a Renault Mini Van. If I wanted a Mini Van Service from Hoppa on their website it would cost me around £60 for the cheapest. So I've paid for a Mini Van service for a high premium of £157.60. I did not receive the service i paid for, this is utterly unprofessional. I would never use this shambles of a company again, please avoid this company like the plaque. Their reviews speak for itself, horrible!
Hoppa has no customer service .
They do not reply to emails , cannot get through on the phone and they don't reply to messages or social media.
Our flights were cancelled and refunded.
Hotel cancelled and refunded .
Transfers from hoppa = don't want to know , ripping off customers
Trying to profit out of covid19
ive always used Hoppa and always found them very reliable, ive just had an email to say sorry you had to cancel your booking for 17th April, your £37.57p has been credited to your account for when you next use Hoppa....hello i didnt cancel my booking, you did @ Hoppa, and why you decide to hold my money on account instead of offering me a refund is an absolute disgrace, you have no right to do this, who said i will use you again, and if i dont, ive lost my money, ive tried phoning them and all automated, you never get to talk to anyone, as some of you have said, they are just a money grabbing company, it seams you are right, im not going to leave it at this, dirty greedy company.......DONT USE THEM....they never reply to any phone call or email........last time i do ffs
Both flights there and back delayed which I know is not their fault but I rang and told it was ok and new times sorted . Arrived at airport in Tenerife to find it hadn't been changed and there was no transfer so had to get taxi ..... Same happened on way home had to get taxi to airport as there was no one waiting for us , I called and was told we missed transfer ,even though I rang and confirmed new time , £42 down the drain complete waste of time. DO NOT USE THEM
Awful took my money never picked me up trying to get a refund now.
Don't Use This COMPANY
Load of robbers
If there was an option to give zero i would. Awful service, didn't turn up to pick us up from the hotel. Tried calling driver at least 4 times, no answer. Looked outside for him, no where in sight. Hotel concierge looked, no where to be found. Called Hoppa main phone number, was on hold for 8 minutes whilst the lady struggled to get through to driver and then phone disconnected. She eventually called back, he claimed he was outside, by this time it was 40 minutes after we was due to be picked up so obviously got another cab to save us being late to airport.

Shocked and appalled and now being refused a refund.

You would think that Hoppa would want people to re-use their services and try to generate more business through word of mouth by offering a positive service and experience.

But given what's happened I will definitely be telling EVERYONE i know to avoid AT ALL COSTS!!
Dropped off in the dark at the wrong place. Had to get another taxi to correct destination. Have emailed the company many times. Totally unprofessional, did not respond to any of my emails. Please for your safety, book another company.
Pre booked from Málaga airport. Gave the driver the name of the hotel. He dropped us off in the dark in central Torremolinos, we had to find our bearings and get another taxi to the correct address. Very unprofessional and no response to my emails
Do not book hoppa if travelling with infants, next to impossible to get baby seats.
hoppa is rated 1.29 based on 100 reviews