Lexham Insurance Reviews

Documents Delivered On-time
Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Read Lexham Insurance Reviews

About Lexham Insurance:

Established in October 2000 Lexham Insurance was originally formed as a specialist broker handling Moped, Scooter and Motorcycle Insurance. The operation has rapidly expanded and now handles polices for tens of thousands of riders and drivers in the UK and Northern Ireland.

Our UK Call Centre team are highly trained and passionate about their jobs and we believe our First Class Service is unrivalled by our competitors.

01379 646504

enquiries@lexhaminsurance.co.uk

Tell us how Lexham Insurance made you happy
Thus far my experience is poor. The price was mediocre but due to the level of excess the policy is invalid. Further, Lexham has requested proof of NCB but has neglected to supply sufficient information as to where I should submit it.
On effecting the policy, Lexham required proof of NCB. I scanned to them my renewal notice which showed the bike, my name and postcode and the number of years of NCB. They then sent me a letter stating that they had not received prooof of NCB. I phoned them and told them I had sent it by email. They said they had replied saying the proof of NCB was unsatisfactory and then told me that their email had not been delivered (hence their letter). They asserted that the renewal notice was not good enough - saying that it did not give my name. It did. Or my address - it gave the postcode and also a description of the bike and its registration number. So then they said the date was wrong because the renewal notice stated a period for April 19 to April 20. I told them that is want they wanted because it showed the NCB at the time of renewal. But they would not have it and demanded that I obtain proof of NCB from my previous insurers. Lexham were inefficient and unnecessarily pedantic.
This company is useless,because bennetts did not send me my ncb through in time,they cancelled my insurance.I spoke to them ,I emailed them explaining that until they send it to me,i can't produce my ncb.so they then still went ahead and cancelled my policy,save yourself some money and buy your insurance elsewhere.It has cost me time and money now.look at the reviews from other peoples experiances,only 66.28% of people are happy with their service.make your own mind up from that alone. UNHELPFULL,DON'T LISTEN,DO NOT USE THEM,I'D HATE TO THINK WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU HAD TO MAKE A CLAIM !!!!!!!!!
Yes it was my fault but to be charged 33 pounds admin fees for missing off a zero in the vehicle value even before my policy has started is poor.i can safely say I won't be renewing after my 12 months is up.
The worst insurance company I've ever hired. Only good to take your money. I called for recovery, their operators are just useless, after keeping you o the phone for 20 min they ask you to call another number just to repeat the same process. You end up in a call-loop and I never got recovered, I had to call another company. Still waiting for their call for an apology or anything --Nothing so far.

To avoid at all cost
I paid 43 £ just for change my address on the policy and for DVLA ‘s swap I paid 0£...it s really not fair; they really don’t care about their customers.
For the future, I will really want a discount because they don’t tell all this details when you buy the Insurance...thanks
P winney
Not satisfied
I did not like the work of you! Some time ago I made jm safe with you and you simply canceled it, I do not know for what reason and I still received a CANCELLATION RATE, and you canceled my insurance! This does not exist, if I cancel the insurance I think it's okay to pay the Cancellation Fee, but you cancel it! I made a new security and you will again cancel ???? I do not understand you
All though my son was in a rta and the bike was trashed and my son let the company know this they continued to take money off him . Phone to find out why this is the be met with a very rude customer service rep who basically i could do one about getting a refund as the bike is trashed and hasnt been on the road for 3 months .
They decided to cancel my insurance within a month
Avoid this company, had nothing but trouble from them. Be warned.
Literally just try and rob you, I wouldn’t go with this insurance company again
The sad thing was that I paid and the company did not release my insurance and I did not want to have returned my 80 pounds to charge in the badness of my account. if you were not this would have given 1000 star
Utter cowboys, filled out the forms online with correct answers yet they wanted to charge us an admin fee for amendments because the questions themselves was incorrect ie when did you get your licence? actually means when did you first start using your licence for riding? So if you got your licence then didnt actually use it straightaway then this is incorrect. Complete sham.
Not great as i paid for the insurance and didn’t get it
I used to have an insurance with Lexham 4 years ago when I wanted to upgrade my insurance from 125 to 500cc and had to cancel my insurance and get a new one to find out I will be loosing my nearly full year no claim.

This happened again this year changing my address and found out the company has to get me another policy with another insurer as lexham is only the broker having the policy for 11 months again loosing the year's no claim bonus.

Try to avoid lexham like plague.
!
HI Brad, sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with us. Could you please email enquiries@lexhaminsurance.co.uk with your experience in order for us to look in to this further, thanks.
AS
I took out a policy in October 2018, I took out full comprehensive, I requested whether changing to personal business would be possible at a later date, I was told that it would be possible, 100%, just call. I was happy overall with the service at the start, but now, 2 months down the line where I want to change my insurance, I get told that it not possible anymore because the insurance i have, 'doesn't allow a change to personal business insurance', I have to cancel my policy, incur charges and then take out a new policy all together leaving me out of pocket by £1000 and I am a student. I was not informed fully that this could happen, I was told over the phone that I could call up and change my policy 100%, I was not told that this would mean that I am severely out of pocket which is not right and unfair.
Rip off, Lexham insurance is so expensive for scooters and motor bikes.
I recommend to all riders not to pay insurance for this lexham company.
Lexham Insurance is rated 4.31 based on 2,823 reviews