My Food Bag Reviews

of reviewers recommend My Food Bag
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Read My Food Bag Reviews

About My Food Bag:

We're your answer to "what's for dinner?" with fresh ingredients and easy recipes to cook delicious dinners, delivered to you.

hello@myfoodbag.co.nz

My Food Bag 5 star review on 7th April 2021
Sue
My Food Bag 5 star review on 7th April 2021
Nicole
Amee
Have gotten fantastic boxes delivered to my door!!!!! Keep up the great work!!
(My Choice (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Kia ora Eurika, thanks for your support! We love delivering the goodness to our Foodies 😊 - Frankie Frankfurter 🌭
Quick and easy meals for weeknights. The recipes are easy to follow and the best part is you don't have to think about what's for dinner!
(Fresh Start (5 Meals For 1)) - Posted 2 months ago
Kia ora Kate! Delicious, easy and quick meals is the way to go! 😊 - Frankie Frankfurter 🌭
Yummy and interesting for the children
(My Choice (3 Nights For 4)) - Posted 2 months ago
Thanks so much for your support Naomi! - Frankie Frankfurter 🌭
Really love the options available with My Choice. My husband is quite fussy so I can choose the meal options that he is most likely to eat. Recipes are very easy to follow and food is always fresh.
(My Choice (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Kia ora Kelly! Great to hear My Choice has helped please some fussy eaters in your household 😊 - Frankie Frankfurter 🌭
We started out with the lower calorie option (really good) and then decided to treat ourselves to the gourmet range. My partner and I are really impressed with the delicious things we get to unpack every second week (and not spending an hour in the supermarket). I feel that this really has been an education, it has shown me how to use spices and enhance a meal with unexpected elements (fetta pea crush anyone?). I also have to take time to read the recipe properly before racing ahead, so if you have older kids who want to learn, the literacy aspect is perfect.
(My Gourmet (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Thank you so much for this amazing feedback Candice! We love to inspire our Foodies with new, exciting flavours and skills. Can't wait to show you the exciting meals we have planned for 2021 😊 - Frankie Frankfurter 🌭
Amazing! We absolutely love the food, always so tasty and it’s so convenient after a long day at work!
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 2 months ago
Thanks so much for your support Alex! 😊 - Frankie Frankfurter 🌭
My husband and I are ecstatic with our healthy option food bag and I don't dread cooking any more! The meals are delicious and the flavours are 1st class, which is even more special now that we can't travel overseas. The portions are fine and we don't seem to want to nibble during the evening. The only problem is the need for cheeky wee wines to compliment the restaurant quality food 🍷😜
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Kia ora Tonee, thanks for your review! We completely understand the dreaded task that dinner can be - and we are so happy to be given the chance to make cooking that much easier. I mean, that's what we're here for! Have a glass for us
Absolutely loving the recipes, and especially the convenience. Highly recommend!
(My Veggie (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Kia ora Scott, thanks for your review! Thanks so much for giving us the chance to make life that wee bit easier :) We look forward to getting more yummy meals out to you! -Jess Couscous
Healthy choices and enough to feed a family with two hungry teenagers! What else do you want?!
(My Choice (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 2 months ago
Kia ora Angelika! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We are over the moon to hear that our My Choice bag is an all-round crowd pleaser :) Jess Couscous
Varied and delicious meals that are reasonably low in calories. The only negative is the packaging which is improving over time.
(My Choice (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Kia ora Celia :) Thanks for your review!! We are pleased to hear that you have being enjoying the meals and trying out some you possibly usually wouldn't! We completely hear you in regards to the packaging and we aim to be as sustainable as we possibly can. We have a team dedicated to sustainability and are working hard to do our bit, and we will continue to work on this! -Jess Couscous
After trying alternative food bag options I chose My Food bag as the recipes looked healthy and filling. I wasn’t disappointed as the ingredients that came were of a really high quality, with some quality brands. The portion sizes have also been great with the box for 2 often being enough for both dinner and one lunch-so helpful with a busy schedule and kids. I would rate the types of proteins and iron rich foods as excellent-with the amount of fat kept low and the sauces and dressings being low sugar too. Great nutritional values for our vegetarian family! Love my food bag and would rate way above competitors.
(My Veggie (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Kia ora Emily!! Thanks for your review. We are so pleased to hear that you have been loving My Food bag and that it has made life that little bit easier :) We really value high quality ingredients from local suppliers where ever possible. We are big on supporting local! We look forward to getting more veggie goodness out to you and your family
Fresh Start meals offer a variety of meals that are well balanced and tasty. Recipes use ingredients that are seasonal and the staples that are needed from your pantry is kept to a minimum. It takes the hassle out of meal planning and is cost effective. Was skeptical about the idea of My Food Bag but now I look forward to seeing what is on the menu for the following week!!
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 2 months ago
This is so great to hear Andrea! We love to help our Foodies out with simple and delicious meals 😊 - Frankie Frankfurter 🌭
Our family loves the veggie box! Great selection of meals, easy for a busy family and the kids love to help cook!
(My Veggie (3 Nights For 4)) - Posted 2 months ago
Kia ora Danielle! Thanks so much for your amazing feedback 😊 - Frankie Frankfurter 🌭
Gone are the dreadful days thinking about "Whats for tea, tonight"..... Do I have what I need? Do I need to rush to the supermarket after work?? I know I have everything I need at home ready and waiting to be put together with a simple to follow recipe. The meals are full of flavor and healthy. I love My plant based food bag meals and look forward to "Whats for tea".
(My Plant Based Bag (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Kia ora Debi! There's nothing better than a delicious plant based meal to end the day 😊 We look forward to delivering more and more exciting new meals for you to try out! - Frankie Frankfurter 🌭
Loving our veggie foodbag. Meals are so delicious and it’s helping my partner learn to cook which is a bonus!
(My Veggie (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Kia ora Emma! So great to hear that there is another keen pair of hands in the kitchen 😊 Thanks for your support ❤ - Frankie Frankfurter 🌭
Delicious food, easy to prepare recipes and healthy. Lots of tasty products not easy to get hold of in rural NZ. Makes meal time more interesting but what I really love is not having to decide what we are having for dinner.
(My Choice (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Kia ora Susan! We're so stoked to be able to share beautiful local produce with you 🙂 Happy cooking! - Frankie Frankfurter 🌭
Since switching to the my choice bag, there has been no consideration to whether or not recipes share ingredients. I don’t need 3 heads of lettuce in a week, or 4 cucumbers. I’ve also provided feedback on the delivery before - I’ve had one courier driver let himself into my house before (creepy as hell, I complained but I don’t believe anything was passed on) and I’ve had another literally drop the box over my gate leaving it so close that there is no way they could’ve placed it on the ground and as a result having the tomatoes in the box break everywhere.
(My Choice (3 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Kia ora Ella, We're very sorry to hear about the delivery experience which you've had! This is definitely out of the norm. Whenever problems occur, please know that these get treated seriously and get passed onto the appropriate teams to follow up so that improvements are made. We hope that the delivery issues have since been resolved, however if you do have any concerns, please get in contact with us at hello@myfoodbag.co.nz. With regards to the My Choice Bag, ingredients are currently not shared between recipes. This is because each week there are 10 recipes to choose from and not all of our Foodies select the same recipes. We have however made sure to pass your feedback on to the wider team. Kindest regards, - Michelle Mango 🥭
My food bag is great It saves on time thinking about what to have for dinner and it always has a wide variety and food you normally wouldn't make. Have recommended to friends and family and would.happily recommened to others considering it.
(My Choice (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Kia ora Adrian, thanks for your review :) It's super awesome to hear that My Food Bag has made dinner time easier! We look forward to delivering you more delicious recipes ❤️ - Michelle Mango 🥭
I am enjoying trying the new recipes from My Food Bag and have made some the the meals without the pre-prepared ingredients which has impressed my family and friends as I have never enjoyed cooking from scratch. I especially appreciate the fact ingredients are mainly locally sourced.
(My Veggie (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Hey Sarah-Jane, Thanks so much for your message, we are really stoked to hear that your loving the locally sourced produce and impressing your friends and family! - Mel Mozzarella
We love the meals from 'My Food Bag. My choice is great as we can choose which meals we prefer. My only complaint would be the way the box is packed, it looks like everything is just thrown in and no care taken. The bags of lettuce and spinach have quite often been at the bottom with heavy stuff on top leaving it squashed and limp.
(My Choice (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Hey Amanda, cheers for the review! Sorry to hear that the lettuce and spinach has taken a bit of a hit in transit, we'll let out packing teams know about this! Besides this we are stoked that your loving the My Choice range so far! - Mel Mozzarella
My Food Bag is rated 4.71 based on 2,465 reviews