Ocado Reviews

Over A Week
Read Ocado Reviews

ocado@ocado.com

3 Bishop Square

Tell us how Ocado made you happy
I have been shopping at ocado for a few years. The service is excellent my one dissatisfaction is that the sell or use by date on fresh food i.e. meat chicken is within a couple of days just with it would be at least 4 days. If you ever need a refund leaking bottles,squashed bread etc no problems and if the driver is running late you will be notified. I would certainly recommend this on line shop.
Hi Lynn, we're really sorry to hear you are disappointed with the life of product you are receiving. We can assure you all product will always be within the life guarantee as stated on the product on the website. This means you are able to plan your meals ahead as you would know the number of days products will be fresh for as per the time advised on the website. We completely understand how frustrating this must be and so we will of course pass your comments on regarding this. Apologies again.
I have been disappointed at times with the stock levels, items out of stock for weeks, also shopping at the weekend arrives smashed, no care taken in the packing of delicate items, i'e biscuits placed in with a box of beer, smashed, boxes squashed by heaver items leading to contents spilling out, I have had to clean yoghurt off of items before placing them in the fridge or cupboard, although requesting a refund is never a problem, customer service staff are always helpful.
Yikes, it's really concerning to hear about the level of service that you've been receiving from us Janet as we would not expect your shopping to arrive to you damaged. We're truly sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you as it does defeat the objective of doing an online shop for convenience. We're also sorry to hear that you've been unhappy with the stock levels & we'd like to look into both further for you. Could you email us on ocado@ocado.com with www.reviews.co.uk in the subject line?
Generally good. The negatives are the quality of the vegetables. They are often off, squashed. Or go off way before the date. Ocado are very good at giving a refund. Drivers are often late and a few times by over an hour. It's not their fault. I believe better scheduling could help. The limit on how much water I can buy is crazy. Not enough for a family of four - not happy with this.
Hi Caroline, many thanks for leaving a review for us. We’re pleased that you’ve found everything to be generally very good, but we’re so sorry that you’ve found a few negatives like poor quality vegetables, some late deliveries and the limit on how much water you can buy. It’s such a disappointment that some of your vegetables are often squashed or have gone off before the use by date. We take great pride in the quality of our products and choose our suppliers carefully, so we would love to pass this feedback on for you Caroline and look into how we can resolve this for you. We also feel sad that your drivers are often late, even a few times by an hour! We do understand things happen on the road, but we always do our best to make sure we get your shopping to you on time. This is something that we would also like to look into further for you Caroline. Regarding the limit we have on how much water you can purchase, this is due to the amount of space available in the van and health and safety for our drivers. But we’re always looking at how we can improve our service, so we’ll certainly pass your comments on for you. If you can email us at ocado@ocado.com with your name, and Reviews.co.uk in the subject, we’ll be able to look into these issues further for you. We look forward to hearing from you soon Caroline, we hope we can resolve these for you!
The value is great, deliveries normally spot on - and the drivers always happy and helpful. However I have had a couple of times in the last few months where I have had had problems with orders and the level of care at customer service dept leaves a lot to be desired. When emailing a complaint, we are always waiting 48 hours as you have a backlog. If you have a continual backlog, then why not ask someone to work a couple of days over time to clear it? My complaint took over a week to deal with, and that was only after I had cc'd Tim Steiner in the email. Last week, I purchased 26 non grocery items in your 50% off sale, only to be told none of them were available on the morning of my delivery. Remarkably the items were still on sale at full price; my friend ordered some of them. I wrote something on your Facebook page, and on my blog, but couldn't be bothered to waste a week of my time exchanging time delayed emails with your customer service dept. I would not be inclined to order non grocery items with you again.
Hi Emma, it's great to hear from you. However, we're really sorry to hear that your query was not answered within 48 hours, we will be sure to pass your feedback on regarding this. If your query is urgent, we do also have many other ways to contact us, either via our Live chat option on the contact us page, through Facebook or Twitter and we always have the option to call us on 03456561234. We're also really sorry to hear that you were not able to take advantage of the 50% off sale items, we are aware that this was looked into by our Management team. Once again our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that we have caused you.
I would say that I am one of your more prolific customers having 2 deliveries a week at my different houses. On the whole the deliveries are on time and the drivers are good. Your main problem is with your packers in the warehouse. I have had various problems with fruit which clearly is kept in temperature way below what it should be causing it to stay hard and never ripen. I can tell it is almost in freezing temperature as it arrives very cold. This type of soft fruit is not designed to be in this kind of temperature. You deliver to me on Friday usually to my weekend house, therefore I want fruit sweet and ready to eat as I am only there at the weekend to enjoy it. It used to arrive all bruised but not so much now. You are still delivering green bananas to me which is useless at the weekend and sometimes they never ripen, just go sour. The same with the grapes. They are just bitter and I have to throw them away. If you deliver piece of Plaice to me, ii would like it to be large and succulent not the smallest piece of fish you can find. Since I spend at least £20,000 a year with you, its the least you can do. I have complained about the fruit situation and was told by a manager that she would deal with it and let me know the outcome of her findings but she never had the courtesy to bother coming back to me. On the whole you need to employ better staff. You send out emails giving feedback on the drivers but really it is everyone else you should be worrying about.
Hi there Katie, we’re so sorry to hear you’ve had problems with packing on your previous orders, and that you’ve had issues with the quality of the fruit due to being cold. This is very concerning to hear, as we take temperature control very seriously and we always make sure we deliver the freshest produce we can. We also vet our suppliers before working with them, and we continually check that they meet our high standards. Also, we regularly monitor customer feedback about our products – this is very important to us, so thank you for giving us this feedback. We’re very sorry that the bananas you’ve had haven’t ripened and the fruit hasn’t been ready for when you are at your weekend home. We can really appreciate what an inconvenience and disappointment this would be for you, and we’re really sorry that the manager you spoke to never got back to you. We’d love to look into this further for you Katie, as it isn’t good enough that you have been having these ongoing issues. We certainly would like to resolve this for you and show you how good we can be, so please can you email us at ocado@ocado.com with your username and Reviews.co.uk in the subject. We will then be able to pass feedback on to the relevant teams and see what we can do for you. We hope this helps, our apologies again Katie.
When I started to use you 2.5 years ago ,I told everyone how amazing you are,especially as straight from you produce lovely and fresh! In the past 6 months we have had so much waste,sell by,use buy,worse than that fresh poultry and meat ,fruit and veg,that I have had to throw,either because of smell,or discoloured,maybe we are just unlucky,I wish I could choose myself,but being a disables mum it's difficult. As well as fresh food we've had toiletries that have gone off. We remain loyal to you,but so much waiste and damaged items we have received,makes me worried! I'm sure I'm just unlucky,but if there is anyway,you can ask packers to send the freshest un damaged items,I would really appricate it. Take care in your ever growing business, Mrs Jo ,Sheppard .
Goodness Joanne we’re so sorry to hear this. We’re really disappointed to learn that you’ve had poor quality and damaged items for a period of time now. We’re so surprised about this as the quality of our products and delivery service is something that we take great pride in, and we always expect to deliver the freshest and high quality products straight to your doorstep. If you could email us at ocado@ocado.com with the subject as ‘Reviews.co.uk’, we’ll be able to look into this further for you. Our sincerest apologies again Joanne, we hope you’re having a lovely weekend!
excellent customer service when I need it but frustrated that out of stock items are not removed from the website. Also don't deliver to my holiday destination in Devon which is a disappointment after paying for a smartpass.
Sometimes issues with the freshness of some products.
I'm a bit disappointed by ocado. The ocado brand fruits are most of the time not good quality. The dates are really shorts, even if your products arrive at 11pm, ocado count that for a day and you can receive product that end the following day... So lots of waste. I'm also really disappointed by the increase of the delivery fees!!! That was amazing I was paying 6£ and one day I received an email telling me that it was now 11£! Now I'm only ordering water, juice etc and I'm shopping in local shops for the rest. The only good thing at ocado is the people who deliver.
Atrocious produce packing, avoid.
In the early days using Ocado, everything was great but just lately I have had more items that are not quite as fresh as I would like and everything seems to be dumped in bags in a big hurry and often squashed. It has become a more normal service rather than the excellent service I used to get.
Very lovely drivers and usually have everything I order but I try not to buy anything squishy (like malt loaf) because it's often squashed.
It's great to hear you like like the service, and that all your drivers are great Catherine. It's sad to hear that you have had items squashed so often. We can assure you that we are always looking to improve our picking and packing service. We do have regular meetings with our warehouse managers and suppliers to see what we can do to prevent this from happening in the future. If you ever do have anymore damaged items do please contact us and we can get this passed on to our warehouse team. Once again our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused, and we hope you continue to enjoy shopping with us.
We are house-bound and thus depend on Ocado. Range of products is good: most deliveries are on time, but when not this makes severe difficulties for us and drivers rarely warn about delays. The main problem is the 'bagging' - often incompatible items are put in the same bag ie breakables with heavy/lumpy objects causing breakage/ leaks etc involving us in difficult clean-ups and claiming refunds for items we needed immediately. Clive Foxell
Hi Clive, we're really sorry to hear that your drivers have not been contacting you regarding delays to your orders, as all of our drivers should be calling their customers if they are going to be delayed for their time slot. It's also disappointing to hear about the damages in your recent orders, especially as you have been left to clean up a difficult mess. If you can email us at ocado@ocado.com, we can look into this further for you. Once again our sincere apologies and we do hope that your next order is much more satisfactory.
Delivery is great - always on time with very friendly and helpful drivers. Choice of products/offers is also great; as is the website, which is quick and easy to use. I find it good value too - I don't find it any more /less expensive than other supermarkets generally. However, the 'normal' rating is because I haven't seen much improvement in the dreadful packing, despite constant reassurances. Tins are dented, fresh fruit and veg are just thrown into the bags and heavy items are still often put on top of delicate ones. Raw meat / fish is also still included in same bag as fresh fruit and veg. Again, despite the reassurances that the packaging won't leak, I wouldn't expect anyone to really want raw chicken to put be upside down on to fruit. Because of the above, I am now much more careful about what I order from Ocado. If changes did actually happen then I would definitely buy everything from Ocado, but until these issues are addressed (and I know of other people who feel the same), then Ocado run the risk of shoppers returning to the supermarket and packing themselves. I am always really embarrassed when I am told by Customer Service that the packers for me will get more training. I wonder whether Ocado management have looked at what is being expected of your workers in the time given? Such a shame as it ALL could be so much better so you do actually fulfil that promise you claim you want for customers - great customer satisfaction.
Hi Elizabeth, Thanks for taking the time to review us. It's a shame to hear that the packing of your orders has not been up to a good standard. We do have regular meetings with our suppliers and warehouse managers regarding our packing processes, and we are always looking into ways on improving on the packing of orders. With regards to the packing of meat with other items, we have investigated the heat-sealing process for raw meat and fish products, and have found that it has been extensively developed, improving the safety and resilience of the packaging. We are now confident that it provides an acceptable barrier from other foodstuffs, and therefore we can safely pack these products within the same carrier bag as ready-to-eat products. Should the packaging of any product be punctured or compromised in any way, please contact us so we can investigate the issue. We will however pass on your comments and feedback regarding this. Once again our apologies for any inconvenience caused and we do hope that you continue to enjoy shopping with us.
Good things: arrives in the time slot booked, produce fresh, eggs have not been crashed recently (big recent improvement) and generally damaged goods are much rarer (again - congratulations on achieving this) BUT the following should be addressed. The most irritating thing when Ocado arrives is that you can pretty much guarantee that salad will be crashed under bottles of wines ie fragile items will be under heavy ones. This is something that should be urgently improved - it is not just an isolated incident but a pretty consistent and highly frustrating pattern. Harsh chemicals should be separately bagged. I had drain cleaners packed together with vegetables when each bottle of milk was packed individually in a bag! Also, we order once a week and really do not appreciate it when evening meals (ie meats, ready meals, fish etc.) expire mid week. This is of course harder for you to improve / control but should be noted.
Hi Iwona, it's concerning to hear that the packing of your orders has been so bad with damaged items. We can assure you that we do have regular meetings with our suppliers and warehouse managers to prevent such damages occurring. Please do email us at ocado@ocado.com and we can get this passed on regarding your orders. Once again our apologies for any inconvenience caused and we do hope that you continue to enjoy shopping with us.
Driver was early but had not rung to say he was going to arrive before designated time. Otherwise OK.
Hi Jane, we are sorry to hear your driver arrived early and without warning, our drivers are all trained to contact customers if they will ever be late or early and we apologise this did not happen on this occasion. Should anything like this ever happen again, please contact us right away and we will look into it as a matter of urgency. Many thanks for your review.
Generally good but my delivery is 3 hours late today. My driver says I have to call the call centre to cancel. Premium rate number, I am number 15 in the queue. Very poor service to make me call a premium rate number then wait so long to get through.
I have always received excellent service from Ocado's delivery workers - prompt, polite and friendly. However, I have regularly been dissapointed with the quality of products, primarily the use by dates - I often receive goods with only a day or so lifetime left, recently an entire loaf of bread that went off a day after delivery and two avocados, one of which was already black inside the same day it arrived. I think products needs to be selected more carefully - other than that, happy with the service.
Hi Gemma, we are really sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding the life of some of your recently purchased items. We do display a life guarantee detailing exactly how long you can expect to have use of your items on our website, if this is ever not accurately met, please contact us at your earliest convenience and we will immediately look into this, we hope this is helpful and apologise again.
Service is mostly reliable and dependable. What is most irritating is when a product simply disappears from sale without warning and there is almost denial that it was ever on sale. Drivers vary from very helpful - most of them but there are a few you would rather not see again. The delivery pass is expensive especially now that Waitrose deliver most of the same goods free for a minimum spend. I've never used another supermarket delivery service so I can't say whether Ocado are better or worse than average.
Sadly not enough care is taken to preserve the shape and integrity of loaves of bread and other delicate items which are randomly thrown into bags along with other hard items such as boxes or cans. As a consequence soft items become almost unusable through crushing.
Hello David, it is a real shame to hear you have received crushed and unusable items and we sincerely apologise. We are constantly working to improve our picking and packing policies and we do hope you will see evidence of this very soon. Should you receive further damaged items in the future, please do contact us right away and we will be able to get this properly fed back and investigated, we can also offer refunds where applicable, many thanks for your review and we hope you have a lovely weekend.
Ocado is rated 4.17 based on 2,471 reviews