Ocado Reviews

Over A Week
Read Ocado Reviews

ocado@ocado.com

3 Bishop Square

Tell us how Ocado made you happy
We are having lots of problems with deliveries at the moment. Late deliveries- we had to cancel one last week. Generally poor service. If it doesn't improve we will be leaving ocado.
Hi Sabeena, we're really sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your deliveries of late. It's also disappointing to hear that you even had to cancel an order, and we can understand how this must have been very disappointing and inconvenient. We do hope that you have contacted our colleagues at the Contact Centre regarding the issues you have been having. If not please do email us at ocado@ocado.com and we can look into further for you. Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and we do hope that your future orders are much improved.
Stock is always being substituted or not available. Packers are horrendous always over packing bags and damaging products!
Hi Karen-Anne, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear you're not happy with the substitutions you've received recently or the packing of your shopping. We do try hard not to have to substitute items but sadly we cannot always avoid this due to supplier or warehouse issues. We will always let you know in advance of your delivery so you are able to reject these with the driver. We are also concerned to hear about the packing of your shopping, we will of course pass your comments on to our warehouse team to look into. Please feel free to email us at ocado@ocado.com including review.co.uk in the title and your username. We would love to hear further comments regarding this and if you receive any damaged items please do let us know so we can get them refunded for you. Once again, we do really apologise.
After continuous complaints about RAW meat being put in the same bags as FRESH fruit and vegetables, and eggs and bread being put at the bottom of bags I have finally given up on shopping with them! Two of my bags were full of blood last week due to a packet of raw mince and raw chicken leaking. A shame because the one hour slots and quick deliveries were very convenient.
Hi Nicola, we're really sorry to hear about the leakages in your recent order and we can understand that this must have been very disappointing. If you haven't already contacted our Contact Centre regarding this, please email us at ocado@ocado.com and we can look into this further for you. We'll be sure to pass on your comments & feedback on regarding our packing policies. Once again our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.
The Good: *web-site easy to use *IPhone App brilliant and so useful *Slots always available when I need them *Mid-week Smart Pass (when on offer) excellent value *Deliveries on time 99% of the time. * Excellent range of own brand, Waitrose and labelled products and increasing all the time *Regular freebies - and lately I've been asked at checkout to choose what I'd like, meaning that they don't just turn up, even if they're not appropriate and I can't use them (meaning I have to give them away or bin them) The Bad: * Whilst they offer Tesco Price Match, they don't match Tesco (or other supermarket offers e.g. Tesco might have Innocent juice on BOGOF, Ocado will only have 25% off *Offers can change week to week so are confusing e.g. Tilda rice - might be £1 per pack one week, then 3 for £4 the next * Every time Smart Pass (or whatever it's called now as it changes) is up for renewal I have to negotiate on the price - just give me a regular offer i.e. the £2.99 you gave me for 6 months - give me that as an on-going price with a minimum of 6 months then I don't need to waste my time negotiating and you won't potentially lose a customer (which is VERY likely with all the delivery problems we've been having the last year) The Ugly: * Persistent packing issues i.e. toiletries in with raw meat or fresh produce, heavy items in with things like bagged salad * Regular smashed, damaged or leaking items some so bad that it's taken me half and hour to clean up the mess in the hallway where the driver has left the bags N.B. YES!!! - this (and every other persistent issue) has been reported (constantly) causing a lot of frustration and waste of my time and effort. FINALLY after many attempts and requests for something other than a numb-skull, scripted reply (along the lines of 'this isn't the standard we aim for' blah, blah, blah) a manager has gotten involved and is supposedly monitoring our deliveries, at present with limited success (but I feel his frustration that the warehouse packing team just can't seem to get things right). These issues have gotten worse in the last year. A year ago I would have been singing Ocado's praises and there are many good points that would keep me as a loyal customer if they can get the above things right in future, however, my patience is running out and I wouldn't currently feel comfortable recommending to anyone else with all the problems we've had recently.
Hi Jane, firstly we'd like to thank you for taking the time to leave such detailed feedback. With regards to our Low Price Promise it does state in the Terms & Conditions ' 7. The Low Price Promise comparison will include promotions at both Ocado and tesco.com and is based on what customers would pay for the Qualifying Products at checkout and excludes any delivery charges. For example, if you purchase a 1 litre carton of Tropicana orange juice for £2.30 from Ocado, and it is sold at Tesco.com for £2, but it is also on a buy two for £3 offer at Tesco.com, we will compare the price paid at Ocado against the single unit price of £2 at Tesco.com. If, however, you buy two 1 litre cartons from Ocado, we will compare our £4.60 price with the promotional price of £3 for two cartons at tesco.com.' you can see the full Terms & Conditions to this in the following link: https://www.ocado.com/webshop/content/ws5/customerServices/termsAndConditions/LPPterms. We're also sorry to hear you are not happy with the renewal prices with your Smart Pass, we'll be sure to pass on your comments & feedback regarding this. It's concerning to hear that you have had such poor packing, especially after a manager has intervened. If you could please email us at ocado@ocado.com with the reference of reviews.co.uk and we can look into this further for you. Once again our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and we hope that this can be resolved and restore your confidence with us again.
Hi I've been using ocado since 2007. I can't fault the service that's the only reason i'm still sticking with you guys (I am happy to give 5stars for the service) but at the same time i can't shake off the feeling that Ocado doesn't value loyal customers like others do. You offer discount card & vouchers to new customers but not to the old members like me. Whereas all the other supermarket brands are constantly sending me 20% off vouchers for my next purchase. Hence my order amount from ocado is decreasing by month. If it's going to be like this I may need to use waitrose online as they constantly sending me 20% off voucher for my shopping.
Oh Kelly we’re so sorry that you feel we don’t value loyal customers. We can assure you this is certainly not the case, as we pride ourselves on making sure we deliver the best customers service to all our customers and we certainly wish you to know how much you all mean to us. It sounds like you haven’t been receiving many discounts or offers, which is very strange as we regularly communicate to our customers all of the fantastic offers and discounts we have. Are you subscribed to our Marketing emails at all? We’d certainly like to see what we can do to help, as we never wish you to feel you’re missing out or that we don’t value you. If you could email us at ocado@ocado.com with the subject as Reviews.co.uk, we’ll be able to look into this further for you.
Signed up for 12 months, now realise it's much more expensive then tesco, so now have to pay £10.99 a month not to use you..... Far too expensive, which is a shame because the service and choice is great.
Oh Wendy we are very sorry to hear this. We would certainly like to look at what we can do for you regarding the cost. If you can contact us by emailing ocado@ocado.com with the subject of Reviews.co.uk, we'll certainly look into this for you. Our apologies again Wendy, we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Used to be my supplier of choice by miles, but in the last month or so, every delivery has been running over an hour late, and they seem ti have sold out of so many of the items that I wanted (particularly those on offer.) And the rest of the pack is improving and quickly overtaking them.
Recently I have found the quality of the food has sadly dropped I'm hopeful that this is a blip and the better quality food will return I'm pleased with deliveries however and the drivers are all charming although the packers are terrible
My last two shops with Ocado have been poor last week it came very late so I missed a family day out! As had to wait for it! This week I was told at the door all my freezer stuff wasn't there today and he didn't know why!! Was very miserable looking! Then I unloaded my shopping and there was a lot of stuff missing from my shop! As you can imagine I was very disappointed as I now have to go shopping in my local supermarket! Let's hope next weeks shop improves as I will be taking my custom elsewhere! It's a real shame as I was very empressed with Ocado
Weekly shopping bills have increased considerably since shopping with Ocado. Was lured in to the Smart Pass for free delivery, but certainly cost me more in the long run. More and more items are unavailable leading to more expensive substitutions or missing altogether.
Call centre slow to pick up. One member of staff was particularly rude. Out of date info about delivery on website, which I only picked up by chance - delivery due between 12 &1pm info posted on website said driver was running 40 minutes late - when I eventually got through to the call centre they could not see where the driver was but got driver to call - he was not running late at all. If I wanted 14 bananas all in the same state of unripeness I wouldn't have ordered 2 different products - one pictured yellow on website the other pictured green - I had had the same issue a few weeks previously and assumed it was a one off - having now read the product reviews it's an ongoing problem. Have now had the remainder of my delivery pass refunded.....probably not going to bother using them again.
Food was delivered 2hours 20 minutes late with no updates as to what was happening.
(Email_reviewsuk) - Posted 6 years ago
We're really sorry to hear this Evelyn. It is disappointing to hear that your order was delivered late and with no update. We would like to look into this for you. Could you please email us at ocado@ocado.com with the details of this query and include 'review.co.uk' in the subject title we can get this looked into for you. Apologies again.
Placed an order after being given a voucher code for £15 worth of organic produce none of which arrived when the order was delivered. When we phoned customer services they gave no proper explanation of what had gone wrong. We were offered £15 off our next shop but that does not make up for the annoyance of feeling conned. Made an enquiry about the order earlier in the day and had to wait on hold for 13 minutes. Not good enough. Thinking of using some other supermarket.
(Email_ocado) - Posted 6 years ago
Good morning Philip, many thanks for taking the time to post this review, we were of course really sorry to see you had some issues with your order, and we can only imagine the inconvenience at not receiving your organic items, this twinned without a full explanation was, I am sure most disappointing. We are sorry to hear you are thinking of shopping elsewhere in future and understand your hesitance after this experience, we would ask though that you contact us via email and detail exactly what happened, we can then look into this further and look to find a suitable resolution, please email ocado@ocado.com and if you could enter 'reviews.co.uk' in the subject field that would really help. Once again our apologies for the issues you encountered.
Did not deliver to the right address. Cancelled our order and unable to redeliver in 2 days
(Email_reviewsuk) - Posted 6 years ago
Oh gosh we're very sorry to hear this Jarand. If you could email us ocado@ocado.com with the subject 'Reviews.co.uk' for reference, we will certainly look to see what we can do for you.
First shop - booked for 11-12 noon, rang in at 12.20 as it had not arrived, phone operative said that the driver had been early! She then called the driver who said he'd earlier broken down (hmmm....), but was 2 mins away. 10 mins later he arrived and said that 'someone' should have called us to let us know (they hadn't). I was very close to missing a flight as a result! Not good I'm afraid.
(Email_ocado) - Posted 6 years ago
Oh goodness, we're sorry to hear about this Audrey, especially as you almost missed your flight. You're driver should have contacted you if they are running behind or early to keep you informed. We're really sorry for the experience that you have had, especially as it was your first shop. We can assure you that this is not a regular occurrence. We do hope that you do decide to give us another try, as we would love to show you the great shopping experience that we are normally renowned for. Once again our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that has been caused.
The two of the eggs were cracked which I wasn't going to complain about as they were in the £15 Bonus Bundle, but when I went to the fridge yesterday evening and found that the milk had leaked I sent an email to Customer Service to which I'm still awaiting a reply.
(Email_ocado) - Posted 6 years ago
We're sorry to hear about the damaged eggs and milk Kathleen, and we can understand how this must have been very disappointing. We're also sorry to hear that your email has not yet been answered, we have sadly been experiencing a high volumes of emails, and this has led to slightly longer than normal response times. We can assure you that your email will be read and responded to as soon as possible, but we're sorry for the delay. Once again we do apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused and we do hope that you continue to enjoy shopping with us.
First delivery. Large order for specific soft drink for party. Ocado sent 5 bottles of requested drink and substituted unasked 35 bottles of another drink. Not impressed. Lovely helpful van driver got on the case immediately but no stock of desired drink for the moment. Should have been informed.
(Email_reviewsuk) - Posted 6 years ago
Jeepers, this is not good to hear Gail. Could you email ocado@ocado.com with www.reviews.co.uk in the subject line. We'll take a further look in to this.
The only reason not given a very poor was because the delivery men were lovely. My order was canceled the day it was supposed to arrive. Not helpful at all
(Email_ocado) - Posted 6 years ago
Oh no Natalie, that's very concerning to hear, If you email ocado@ocado.com with www.reviews.co.uk in the subject line, we'll take a look in to this further as we'd most definitely like to show you the service that we pride our self on.
I have always had a good opinion of Waitrose and a good impression of Ocado. I normally shop at the grocery store and occasionally order online from Tesco or Sainsburys. However, with my Ocado delivery, I found that the items went bad a lot quicker than my usual experience. I admit that I did not pay attention to the expiry dates, purely because my normal grocery shopping items are ok for 5 days, and I consume everything within that timeframe. But with this delivery I found that at the end of the week things had gone bad and I had to throw them away, which was disappointing. I now realise as I'm not personally picking the items I have no control over the expiry dates, online shopping at Ocado may not be for me (even though I don't recall having this issue with the other stores, but could be coincidence that all the items managed to last at least 5 days)
(Email_reviewsuk) - Posted 6 years ago
Oh Heavens, Su, it saddens us to hear about Ocado expereince, This is not the service that we pride ourselves on. could email ocado@ocado.com with www.reviews.co.uk in the subject line & we'd be more than happy to take a look further & aslo pass on your comments. We'd love to show you the service that we pride ourselves on.
I was expecting 20pound of my first order but only got 15 pound.then l was sent a 20 poundvoucher wich they would not let me use of my shop .i phoned custemers services aboiut this with no respones rating dont know
(Email_ocado) - Posted 6 years ago
That doesn't sound right Paul, we're sorry to hear that. We hope you were able to get through to our customer service team in the end. If not, please email us at ocado@ocado.com, Just put Reviews.co.uk in the subject. We'll do our best to help.
Ocado is rated 4.17 based on 2,471 reviews