Ocado Reviews

Over A Week
Read Ocado Reviews

ocado@ocado.com

3 Bishop Square

Tell us how Ocado made you happy
Drivers and delivery service are excellent - best home delivery service around for being on time, little, or no, substitutions, bag recycling facility, 1 hour time slots , punctuality and excellent customer services. The refund facility is excellent too, never a quibble, but I would much rather either receive a substitute or get a 'missing item' note on my receipt if the ordered fresh produce isn't up to standard. What lets Ocado down is the quality of the fresh produce, especially the fruit and vegetables. There appears to be little, or no quality control at the warehouse as fruit is often sent out very under, or over ripe. This is not helped by the fact that if you leave a review on the Ocado website rating 1 star and stating your reason for this, nothing seems to improve. There might be a reply to the review you leave along the lines of ' we have passed your comments on to our supplier'. Sadly, I would guess it's not the suppliers fault as it would do them no good at all to supply below standard produce. There are strawberries offered for sale where only 36 out of 123 people would recommend them to a friend. These reviews date back to 2012 so there has been plenty of time for improvement! What appears to be totally lacking is any form of fresh produce quality monitoring at the warehouse facility so that unsuitable products are not supplied, but substituted or missed out altogether. It's really annoying to receive 7 bruised, bullet hard bananas that never 'ripen at home' or pun nets of strawberries on special offer with a 2 day 'use by date,' which are so overripe they can only be used for smoothies. I find it hard to believe that the produce, transported in air conditioned, chilled vans, deteriorates that rapidly. I will continue to use Ocado because of the good service I get, but it would be lovely to be able to include fresh fruit on my order knowing that most of the time, it would be of a high standard. Other home delivery grocery services offer a 'fresh check' service where all the fresh produce is conveyed in one box which offers you the facility of checking it through with the driver and refusing to accept it as part of your delivery if it is bruised or substandard. Much easier than having to ask for a refund, and possibly a way of improving quality control
I think that some of your discounts are unfair to people who live alone, ie a discount if you spend £80. I have been a regular weekly customer for many years but rarely receive any rewards.
Hello Margaret, we are very sorry to hear you have not been receiving offers and rewards recently and we do apologise for any disappointment this has caused. Our Marketing team do regularly send out vouchers and offers and if you could write to us at ocado@ocado.com putting 'reviews.co.uk'in the subject field we can ensure that your account is set up to receive these. Many thanks for your review.
Generally good but food is regularly squashed - eg tins with bananas and the drivers sometimes don't read the delivery instructions
We are very sorry to hear that you regularly receive squashed food Hannah, please do always contact us should this happen, as we are able to look into who packed your order and how this can be improved. Please do also contact us should you ever have trouble with our drivers and we can offer further training where applicable, our apologies again for any disappointment and we thank you for your review.
The shopping experience is good but the website should be more smarter..for instance the vouchers which are sent via email to me should be automatically applied to my shopping basket.
(Email_ocado) - Posted 6 years ago
We're sorry to hear that Vikrant, sometimes you can have more than one eligible voucher so we wouldn't want to make your mind up for you. We'll be sure to pass on your suggestion though :) Glad you're enjoying the overall experience.
I enjoyed receiving my goods at home in stead of carrying heavy bags. Much of the service was good but I was not happy with the way some of it was packed. My chocolate muffins were squashed having been placed in a bag underneath a large pack of toilet rolls and my raw chicken was in a bag next to my cheese. Although both the cheese anid the chicken had their own wrappers if there had been any damage to those wrappers, as can easily happen, the chicken could have contaminated the cheese so giving us food poisoning. When packing my own shopping in store I always pack raw meat separately and after the recent findings regarding raw chicken in particular I consider it essential.
We're pleased to hear that you've enjoyed receiving shopping at home Patricia, but it saddens us to hear that your chocolates muffins have arrived crushed & we're so sorry for the disappointment that this has caused you. If you would like to email ocado@ocado.com with www.reviews.co.uk in the subject line we would be happy to refund the muffins for you right away. We'd like to apologise to you for any annoyance that has been caused to you with the packing of the chicken with the cheese, we would like to reassure you that we carry out tests on the packaging of the raw meat & fish and have found that the heat sealing process on these has improved significantly and therefore provide a greater barrier from contamination, we will of course pass on your comments to the relevant teams regarding this.
I have shopped with Ocado once. I found the website easy to navigate and the search function mostly accurate. Everything I ordered arrived. These experiences are equal to Morrisons, but better than Sainsbury's, Tesco and Asda. I decided to shop with Ocado because I wanted some speciality products, which I have been unable to obtain elsewhere, however several of the products ceased to be available once I started shopping. I was shocked to find that Ocado does not stock any freshly baked products like all of its rivals. I was also dismayed at the expense of comparable products. However the greengrocery products I purchased were the freshest and kept the longest I have ever bought from any supermarket in-person or online.
(Email_ocado) - Posted 6 years ago
We would like to thank you for your review Matthew, we're really pleased that you found the website easy to navigate and we are happy to hear that everything arrived as you ordered it. We were a little saddened to see that some of the items were not available whilst you were shopping, we hope this didn't cause you too much inconvenience. If you use us again, you can always book your delivery slot first and this will provide up to date stock levels for your chosen delivery window. We were also sorry to hear you were unable to source any bakery goods, if you type Gail's Bakery into the search bar, this should hopefully bring up a large range of available baked goods. Also you can use the product request function at the bottom of every page, this is then sent directly to our Trading department, who are in charge of changing and expanding our product range. Once again we would like to thank you for your review, it's always helpful to us to receive such detailed feedback.
The driver was smelly and the bread only had a day or so left so went m
(Email_ocado) - Posted 6 years ago
Gosh Donna, it sad to hear that your recent shopping experience was not what you expected. We would like to reassure you that this is not the service we would expect you to receive. Please can you message us at ocado@ocado.com with www.reviews.co.uk in the subject line as we'd like to look in to this in further detail.
It's a bit on the pricey side and I am not sure most products are actually healtier than what you would find in other supermarkets.
(Email_ocado) - Posted 6 years ago
Not allot of variety comparing to Tesco or Asda same of the deals
(Email_reviewsuk) - Posted 6 years ago
We’re sorry that you feel we don’t have enough variety and deals on our website Faisal. We are constantly revising our product range and continually making new products available on our website. It may interest you to know that we have a product request form that you can also send to us with the details of any product you wish us to stock. This is found when you search for a product that we do not stock, as well as at the very bottom of every page of the website. But if you do require any further information, then please do feel free to email us at ocado@ocado.com, making the subject 'Reviews.co.uk' for reference. We hope you're having a lovely day!
I was very impressed with my first shop and thought that I would now be making a permanent move. However, I have been very disappointed with my second shop. I thought I had redeemed an offer and as a result I altered my shopping after seeing the items at checkout but, I appear to have been misled. As you can imagine this caused me a great deal of inconvenience. Furthermore, I ordered strawberries which were on a buy one get one free offer and every single strawberry in both packs was rotten and so I had to throw them all away. Unfortunately, there was nothing I can do about it because I noticed it outside of the 24hr period outside of delivery. So as you can see not a great experience.
(Email_reviewsuk) - Posted 6 years ago
We are very sorry to hear this Jalissa. This is very disappointing to hear, and we are very sorry that you were not able to take advantage of the offer on your order. It is also very concerning to hear about the condition of your strawberries. We would certainly like to look into this further for you. Please could you email us at ocado@ocado.com, and please put in the subject 'Reviews.co.uk' for reference. Once again our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Generally ok, however some fresh food has shorter use by dates than you can select in a standard supermarket. Delivery service is efficient and the drivers always very polite and professional.
(Email_ocado) - Posted 6 years ago
It's great to hear that you like the service & your drivers are always polite Darren, but we're sorry to hear that you're not happy with the use by dates on the fresh food you have been receiving. We do display the minimum life guarantee for all of our fresh products on the website to help plan with meals. You can always see this information by clicking onto the products on the website. Please be aware that this does include the day of delivery. If you feel that any of the items we have delivered you have not met this guarantee please do email us at ocado@ocado.com with the reference www.reviews.co.uk and we will look into this further for you. Once again we apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused and we do hope that you continue to enjoy shopping with us.
Good communication, unfortunately delivery 2 hours late due to fire in the warehouse. ..
(Email_reviewsuk) - Posted 6 years ago
We're really sorry for the delay Sharon. We can assure you that this is very out of the ordinary, and we have identified the cause of the issue and taken steps to prevent anything like this happening again in the future. We do hope that we didn't ruin any plans that you had and we do hope that you do decide to shop with us again, so we can show you the service that we are normally renowned for.
I was impressed that I was given notice of who and what vehicle was coming to deliver my shopping. The delivery process was pretty smooth and I was happy with the amount of time left on my products before they expired. However at the weekend I realised one of my packets of bacon had a hole in and the bacon was discoloured as a result. It went in the bin and I was a little annoyed about this. Overall satisfactory. I will probably use Ocado again.
(Email_reviewsuk) - Posted 6 years ago
It's lovely to hear that you are enjoying the service Shelly and it's also great to hear that you would use us again. We are sorry to hear about the damaged packet of bacon though, and we hope that we didn't ruin ruin any breakfast plans you had. We do hope that you requested a refund online for the bacon, but if not could you please email us at ocado@ocado.com with the reference reviews.co.uk, and we will be able to look into this for you. We're sorry for any inconvenience caused and we look forward to you shopping with us again in the future.
had a good job done by ocado food was delivered on time when they say but I had some milk from them that went off before the use by date even when stored and refrigarated
(Email_ocado) - Posted 6 years ago
We're glad to hear that you liked the service Kevin, but it's a shame to hear about the milk going off before the use by date and we can understand how this must have been disappointing. We do ask if you could please email us regarding this at ocado@ocado.com and reference reviews.co.uk in the title, we will then be able to look into this further you. Our apologies for any inconvenience that has been caused and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
The first time I shopped with ocado I was most impressed by the delivery man, he was so helpful and didn't dump my items outside. He asked me if I needed help to take it inside now that was wonderful. Hence why I am shopping with ocado again even though I find many of the items more costly than from my usual shop.
(Email_ocado) - Posted 6 years ago
Overall very good. But delivery timing was appalling. I had booked a 3-4pm delivery slot, but the delivery only arrived at 8. I had numerous texts telling me that they will be late, but with no explanation whatsoever as to why the delivery has been delayed, nor a time frame of when they would arrive. Very disappointed in the customer service in this respect.
(Email_reviewsuk) - Posted 6 years ago
We're really sorry to hear this Faliq, we're glad to hear that you did receive the text messages regarding the lateness of your delivery however, your driver should have called you to notify you of the issue and to give you an estimate of when they would be arriving. We apologise that this didn't happen. We do ask if you could please email us at ocado@ocado.com with the reference reviews.co.uk in the title, and we will be able to look into this further for you. Once again our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that we have caused you and we can assure you that this is not a regular occurrence.
Some of the foodstuffs aren't very good value for money. E.g. they cost similar to other shops, but are smaller in size. Delivery driver was rude.
(Email_reviewsuk) - Posted 6 years ago
Goodness Jenna, this is deeply concerning to hear that a driver was rude to you, this is certainly not what we expect from our drivers. We take incidents of this nature very seriously & if you message us at ocado@ocado.com with www.reviews.co.uk in the subject line we'd be more than happy to look in this further.
Thanks very much for contacting us directly, we do hope we have now resolved this issue, if there is anything further we can help with, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us again.
Good website but fruit wasn't very nice. Especially the ripen at home pears. Tasteless even once ripened. Much of the fruit lacked flavour. The fish counter however was excellent.
(Email_reviewsuk) - Posted 6 years ago
Crikey Adam, we're sadden to hear that the fruit that you have received from us lacked flavour. We take great pride in the produce we offer & so concerning to hear that we've let you down. If you message us at ocado@ocado.com with www.reviews.co.uk in the subject line, we'll take a look.
First order for single item (Tomee Teepee Perfect Prep) got cancelled less than 12 hours before scheduled delivery as item was found to be out of stock. Had to wait another week for things to be sorted out. For my troubles and time wasted with calls, I got the £10 introduction voucher + £20 compensation so the machine that sells for £120 elsewhere and that was on sale at Ocado.com for £69 ended up costing me just £39 so I'm feeling epic!
(Email_reviewsuk) - Posted 6 years ago
Gosh William, we're sorry to hear about the experience with the Tomee Teepee Perfect Prep machine. We're pleased to hear that our lovely Customer Service team were able to help get this sorted for you.
Very easy online ordering system, very kind and helpful delivery man, good quality products, but I ordered a few loafs of bread from Gail, different ones, and not one of them was available. Given that I passed my order more than a day in advance I do not understand why they cannot manage their stocks better and have them available, or at the very least notify the buyer when they pass the order that they will not be able to deliver some specific items. They notified me in advance about one of the loafs but I discovered on the moment about the others, so was left with no bread for the evening and breakfast (the replacement items they suggested were nowhere near the quality of Gail's bread...)
(Email_reviewsuk) - Posted 6 years ago
We're really sorry to hear that Delphine. Unfortunately, we’re occasionally let down by our suppliers or are unable to access items in our computerised warehouse. We'd like to assure you this is quite rare and we're working hard with our suppliers to improve the service we offer. If you have any more questions please email us at ocado@ocado.com. Just pop Reviews.co.uk in the subject please.
Ocado is rated 4.17 based on 2,479 reviews