Open Studio Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read Open Studio Reviews

About Open Studio:

Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

Open Studio 5 star review on 22nd March 2022
Judith S
Open Studio 5 star review on 24th February 2022
David D
Amazing instruction! In many ways lessons are even better than “in person” as I can go at my own pace and review as often as needed. Thanks for providing excellent teaching.
I am very happy with my first Open Studio course "Jazz Piano for Beginners. The structure and content of this course is very good. It makes a lot of fun to study with Adam and Peter; both excellent teachers. Mona
The Open Studio lessons are very nicely produced in a very professional manner They are very high-quality and easy to follow
I love your guys' enthusiasm and how you structure the lessons! I've been going through the Jazz Piano Jump-Start and feel like I get to sit with you and have an in-person lesson as I get to follow along. As someone who is new to jazz piano, the attention to detail and pace is very highly appreciated, and you guys have no assumptions on prior knowledge. Thank you so much, and I can't wait to proceed to the other courses!
Really enjoy the material! As a guitarist I've always loved the way pianist interpret chords and voicings pertaining to jazz, and you do a great job of breaking down the info. I read in both clefs and simply transpose to fit onto the fretboard. If you haven't already, please do a deep dive into Maccoy Tyner's approach. Kind Regards, Ward
epic
At the moment I can only review the purchase process and the assistance from Open Studio. Everything was just perfect. In particular, I would like to mention Dan Martin for his kindness and competence in assisting me while I was looking for the first jazz course to buy.
So far very good Keep up the good work
Open Studio 5 star review on 21st April 2022
I love Open Studio! As an amateur trumpet player I watch everyday a video on your YouTube channel. Sometimes even more. There are this heavy working days when my horn almost drives me crazy with its rebellious character. Then only Adam and Peter bring me with some you’ll hear it back on the way so that I can go back to the woodshed . Or I may take part of some guided practice sessions to get an inspiration on new ideas. You created with this forum something very unique in an endless stream of information on the web. An anchor point or a lighthouse in the rough sea to help us navigate through that mist. On the other hand the course with Sean Jones is a fantastic checkpoint to keep all that trumpet fundamentals together. Sorry for my limited English language. Thanks a lot. Greetings from Berne Switzerland! Peter
Open Studio 5 star review on 21st April 2022
Adam and Martin are excellent teachers. So much information.
It is a good course and i need pra ring
I first heard Peter Martin accompanying Diana Reeves. He played the intro to Wayne Shorter's tune Infant eyes and I found it so incredibly beautiful, sparse and touching. The playing was sublime. So one thing led to another and I discovered Open Studio and signed up for Jazz piano for beginners. After biting off more than I could chew on other online courses, I've found the course's emphasis on listening and simple concepts to be exactly what I needed. Playing the PM blues right off the bat was perfect! Thank you to Peter and Adam for a well-crafted course.
Open Studio 5 star review on 13th April 2022
Open Studio does indeed make me happy - started watching Peter and Adam's youtube videos and tutorials... now doing the Jazz piano course. All very high quality advice and teaching, done with fun and love. Thank you.
Greg is a great player and teacher! Learning so much - wish I had more time to practice!
I have greatly appreciated Open Studio and its full range of jazz offerings at all levels. While I am primarily a jazz pianist, I have recently started voice lessons. One day my teacher said that I needed to imitate my favorite bassist (who happens to be Christian McBride). So I found my way to Christian's course on bass and found a blues which I could listen and learn from. There is so much there, I simply don't have time to take all of the lessons, but I have learned so much from the Open Studio instructors like Peter Martin, Adam Maness, Geoffrey Keezer, Christian McBride, Fred Hirsch and others, it has really helped my growth as a jazz musician!
日本語で書いて申し訳ないです。 私は仕事のため、あまりピアノを練習する時間がありません。でもジャズ音楽に興味はあります。サブスクリプションよりもパックでの販売の方が私はありがたいです。追加してほしいコンテンツを書きます。 ①スティービーワンダーのDont You Bout A Thing ②ゴスペルピアノパック です。 特に②は他の人たちも興味があるのかなと思います。よろしくお願いします。 また、下の友人や同僚に勧める話ですが、そもそもジャズに興味を持っている人が周りに全然居ないです。なので、売り方としてはスティービーワンダーやマイケルジャクソンなど少しポップス寄りの商品の方が売れるのかなと思います。私は気に入ってます。
So far I'm enjoying the lessons. It's a bit hard to navigate. I am primarily interested in piano jazz impro and improving voicings. It has been hard for me to find good impro lessons. Suggestions? Otherwise it's great...good stuff so far.
You guys are really doing gr8
Even though I play piano for a living, I needed to continue learning from someone who I would be inspired by. After discovering Peter Martin on YouTube, I signed up to Open Studio in Dec 2017 to improve my Solo piano. This year 2022, I finally made my first solo piano Album. A lot of my mental confidence is a direct result from studying solo piano through Open Studio. Thank you to all of the great educators and guests that have been featured in their master classes. Fantastic content, and awesome people there. I highly recommend this for pianists at all levels. If you’re a seasoned pro reading this.. you will still benefit from Peter Martin, Geoffrey Keezer, Fred Hersche, and Adam Maness, not to mention all the non pianists they have featured there.
The BEST website for learning Jazz !! Teachers are incredible !!!
Open Studio is rated 4.8 based on 1,381 reviews