Open Studio Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read Open Studio Reviews

About Open Studio:

Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

Open Studio 5 star review on 6th May 2021
Gustavo
Open Studio 5 star review on 6th May 2021
Chris N
I thought I should start with Jazz Piano Jump-Start. I know all the material, but somewhat abstractly — i.e., I don’t have it all down in my fingers. This course is enabling me to catch up on some basics I’m missing. It’s brilliantly done, and fun. I’m definitely a fan.
Open Studio 5 star review on 24th September 2021
The interactive sessions are great. Content is fantastic, and the delivery too. Suggestion - at times, the theoretical part is spoken quite fast. If possible to have an associated resource that people could see, or break it down a bit slower, it would be great. Mostly, people who already know the content will not be watching, so, the expectation should always be that the viewer is going through at least a bit of a challenge to understand what it being said. Many thanks for the many things you have put out there.
I discovered Open Studio on youtube and I immediately loved the Guided Practice Sessions concept. Such great content there and for free! Just unbelievable. And it gets even better: being able to go more in depth with courses on your website. I recently enrolled in the bebop enclosure course and I am both enjoying it and learning a lot. Once I'm done, I'll look for sure to do more courses (for all instruments or specific for saxophone players). Thank you guys for the amazing job.
I love the variety of courses! Open Studio is really helping me consolidate some key concepts that were kind of missing for me. The magic chord voicing system led me back to really practicing scales in a way that made them fresh, like a tasty ingredient I can add, rather than a boring exercise. There's a great emphasis on demystifying approaches to learning jazz, with lots of reminders to listen, explore, and find your own way. I only joined a week ago, and I look forward to much much more! Totally hooked!
So far so good. I am doing the Beginning Jazz course and I feel like I’m making good progress. I like the dive right in encouragement as well as Peter’s valuable instruction. I’ll be able to give you better comments at the end of the course.
One of the best platforms for studying music online, Open Studio is an integral part of my practice routine.
Open Studio 5 star review on 12th September 2021
Great website, lots of excellent ideas to improve one's understanding and execution of jazz.
Nice, knowleadgeable, professional teachers with a very easy to follow format. And very entertaining!
Fred courses are very different of other , it’s not only harmony,or technique, it’s also philosophy and psychology Deep and rich Thanks
Dear Adam, Thank you very much : your lessons are extremely interesting, learning and enriching experience and you are making them very lively and friendly ! Just two things : - I think there is a mistake on the PDF sheet "Solar" at GPS#3 - 3A - I think it will be easier to recommand to practice playing "out" on the Blues only on the 3rd/4th and 7th/8th measures for beginning !! Best regards, Dominique (from PARIS/France)
Peter and Adam are superb instructors. They are expert players and know how to teach. They truly want the students to achieve great jazz playing. There is so much material it’s hard to get to it all!
Open Studio 5 star review on 13th August 2021
Open Studio is both entertaining and informative. The team obviously loves jazz and gives it and the musicians who perform it proper respect Thanks!
We do love jazz (and we are glad it shows)!
Adam and peter, different but both excellent love Adam’s guided practice and Peter’s energy and less didactic approach provides authentic examples of the real thing
I'm impressed! After buying the first course, I have already bought 2 more. I'm very happy with the way the content is presented. Highly recommended!
The freebees are very much appreciated.Have yet to delve into the paid content.
really love the site. I also ordered the practice journal and i don't think it is very good. No place the write on a daily basis what you will do for that practice session, book looks nice but i feel not a lot of thought was put into it. Basically slapped together by someone that is a made player, not somebody that is a beginner or intermediate student.
absolutely interesting and very well done from both musical and technical point of view. Thank you!
Fred Hersh Open Studio is fantastic! An unmissable opportunity for all pianists. Not to be missed.
This is fun. You guys are very entertaining as well as having a great approach to teaching. Thanks.
Great teachers covering a wide range of topics in a clear and practical way. Guided practice videos are designed to get ideas into your hands. Even when material is covered quickly, the opportunity to slow down and put things under the microscope is always available. In particular, Adam Maness and Peter Martin joke around sometimes but they are both great teachers with a real wealth of Jazz knowledge.
Open Studio is rated 4.75 based on 1,208 reviews