Open Studio Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read Open Studio Reviews

About Open Studio:

Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

Open Studio 5 star review on 19th January 2021
Costa
Open Studio 5 star review on 17th December 2020
Michael
Peter Martin is a monster, I´m happy to watch his lessons. It is being a challenge to learn improvisation but I believe I´m now in the right path. If you have any other classes focused on improv, let me know. Thanks
No thankyoureviewreview
I really love all the resources and videos that Open Studio offers. Always a thrill & laugh to hear the banter of Peter Martin & Adam Maness!
Open Studio is next level. Such clarity, directed instruction, attention to detail. It's amazing! With a bit of self-motivation you could grow so much and so quickly from this world class resource.
Hi, I'm a beginner jazz student. Open studio is great, very exciting, I stopped "piano with Jonny" (which is also good) because of this site. Thnks Zoltan Meran from Hungary
I am very happy with all of the factors which "count" - with one exception. But who's perfect I suppose. I am happy with the staff/musicians, instruction content, methods of content delivery including the visual keyboard aides, cost of course, and more. My only dilemma is finding out how to actually get into the actual course which I signed up for. By this I mean that I have been able to acquire the workbook which seems to summarize the key points within the course but there is no way to move from the workbook over to the actual course. In order to access the actual course, I find that I must go back to one of the instructor's emails and find a link stating something like "Begin Here". If I ever misplaced these key emails, I would never be able to continue on with the course work. Seems odd and maybe an oversight on the part of the web designers (?). Otherwise, thanks for a great course in jazz piano. Hugh Parsons
I'll appreciate it if we can download the tutorials on our phones
otimos cursos
I only discovered Open Studio in April2021. Lots of great free content. I purchased the Bird Pack--it's eye opening! Drew Paralic Brooklyn, NY
Very easy, and useful.
Edu Ribeiro is an excellent teacher and musician. I am thoroughly enjoying his course on Open Studios
Great product!
Just getting started on this, and already seeing a difference in my playing/ understanding of harmony. Exactly what I’ve been looking for, and I couldn’t be happier about it!
Inspiration is the word! I know all that great info is available 24-7, and it makes me wanna improve as a musician, what more can I say?
Dit moet je weten. Het is de essentie van swing muziek. De Workshop is een waardevolle toevoeging . Wat eenvoudig lijkt, blijkt niet zo eenvoudig te zijn.
Only just starting out as a complete beginner I understand major minor chord structures already but could never connect a to b or why a 7th chord would be needed or even what it was! The jump start course is really showing me the way putting sounds in my hands and ideas in my head. I cannot recommend these course high enough they are presented really well and give you lots to work on to advance your own game. I do own courses from other companies who are equally good but I always think you can never have too much information and this is a top draw addition to my piano journey.
Hi there! I'm very happy that I found Open Studio. It's an amazing resource for great jazz education at highest professional standards. I'm a professional composer and bass player, but I wanted to switch to piano as my main instrument, and it's a long road, but I know I'm in the right path with Open Studio. Now for the feedback: Adam, the Pentatonics Course is amazing, it has really opened my eyes. But, there's something I would have wished: In the guided practice sessions, let's say "Take the Coltrane") you make the walking and the comping, but you don't play yourself an example of the exercises as you would practice them. I think it would be a great help that you play it once. Thank you very much, you are making and incredible work for jazz education and for musicians who want to take the next step. I'm definitely going to get the Piano Access Pass. Best regards. Gustavo Guardiola
Open Studio 5 star review on 13th April 2021
Less talk.more guide
Hi there Siak. I see you tried the Piano Access Pass free trial. Sorry you didn't find the perfect fit of courses. It's possible that you didn't get to the right one in the 7-days. If there is another course you would like to try, just let us know and we can send you a full sample lesson.
I always felt myself an intermediate player. I know the basics and can play tunes but I need to work on my soloing. In the pandemic I was thinking its a good time to hunker down and learn some new jazz piano skills. I happened across the You'll Hear It podcast by accident and loved it. Then I discovered Open Studio and started taking the Elemens of Jazz Piano class. Though i'm only a few days in, I'm confident I'm already becoming a better piano player and Peter and Adam are great teachers!
Thanks, Adam and Peter. You guys are a constant inspiration (as time permits)! I’m teaching remotely for another few weeks, but looking forward to doing a deep dive with Open Studio during my summer vacation!
Open Studio is rated 4.75 based on 1,139 reviews