Open Studio Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Open Studio

About Open Studio: Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

support@openstudionetwork.com

3547 Olive St.

Live Chat, Email, Telephone
"Hi, I am 61 years and I just started playing piano since 2 years ago. So the lesson goes slow but that’s the good thing about ; you can always repeat it and it is very good explained. Thanks very much, greetings Dhanyam"
"Since I’m asked I rate that full package of lessons 5 stars for the two main following reasons: Keezer is a monster musician and having an insight on his approach to music is a privilege. The presentation of the lessons giving you the option to fasten them while remaining intelligible is pretty cool and saves time. I’d say I would have liked to see some more or longer examples about the advanced concepts but in the end there are enough to set a good practice basis. Thanks to Mr Keezer and you guys to make this happen. Jef"
"I like it very much Thanks"
"I wish the old lessons can have the new technology as well!"
Hi Simon!

Thanks so much for your review. We're happy to announce that we'll be moving to a brand new site platform in the next few weeks, so all our courses will have the same, brand-new technology! Be sure to keep an eye on your email so you can make the switch when the time comes. Thanks for your review!

Happy Practicing,
Operations Coordinator
"I Love You Christian Mcbride.."
"I've been playing a long time. I haven't taken any lessons in over 40 years. I wanted to see what was happening with it and happy to say that Great Traditions haven't changed. It really helping me go back and brush up on the fundamentals of Jazz drumming with Gregory. Thanks Ron V"
"Excellent lectures and on line material. It would be great to have live sessions for questions/advice for course's subscribers at regular intervals (say once a month)"
Hey Paolo!

Thanks for reaching out with this suggestion. We've been doing monthly Facebook Live sessions with Peter Martin called AMA's (ask me anything). Here, our members are able to ask Peter Martin absolutely any questions that they have about our courses, piano/jazz advice and more. Follow us on Facebook at @heyopenstudio to get more information about live streams like these. Our next AMA will be on Friday, June 14 at 2pm CST. We hope to see you there!

Let us know if you have any other questions or comments. Thanks again for your suggestion.

Operations Coordinator
"Great lessons from Peter Martin! Just what I was looking for. Mark"
"60 years of classical piano but love jazz. Just finished my first 3 months of the beginner course and love it just started the next phase."
"A great learning tool. Drumming courses(especially the fundamentals of jazz Drumming )are awesome and the rhythm section fundamentals course is simply stunning! Inspirational stuff!!"
"Open Studio has great professionals ( who aren't always good teachers) that are very capable teachers. I love the way the course builds logically. I'm taking from Peter Sprague & he moves quickly through the course but students have complete control ala varying tempo plus accurate transcriptions. 5 Stars!"
"if you add a progress bar to the program, Open Studio would get a 5 star rating. True Fire does a great job with there video formatting check out there self study lessons"
Hey Luis!

Thanks for this feedback. We hear you, and we're actually moving to a new platform in the coming weeks that will have this upgrade along with many others. You'll be receiving more information about making the switch to our new site soon, but it will for sure allow you to see your progress throughout the course. Thanks for the suggestion!

Operations Coordinator
"It’s a great way to learn and benefit from the experience and skills of highly capable musicians and teachers"
"If I can improve my skill levels to even a fraction of those of Peter M, then I will be overjoyed, and extremely grateful. I have listened to around 20 videos in the week since signing up, and learned such a lot already."
"Peter is an amazing Jazz Pianist and teacher. I'm convinced that If i just follow the course, take my time, practice and emulate Peter I'll get to somewhere in my playing that i can occasionally say hey not bad and enjoy the journey. Thanks for the great courses."
"Open Studio has a lot to offer. The different courses are taught by top-notch professionals, and there are plenty of good ideas to draw from. Peter is a very engaging teacher and a wonderful pianist, and the same can be said for Adam and others. That being said, I cancelled my membership during the trial period, because in order to really take advantage of the membership you need to have a lot of time to practice, and (for piano) you need to have several years of good piano training behind you. For instance, you will be able to progress much more rapidly if you already know all your major and minor scales, triads and inversions. If you know all your seventh chords, the blues scale, and have a basic knowledge of functional harmony so much the better. The point is that you need to be at least at the lower intermediate level to progress very well. If you're interested in developing this aspect of your music, Open Studio is a great and reasonably priced resource. I hope to rejoin when I have more practice time."
"I am working on the Jazz Bass course. I have been studying books and another on line course on bass guitar but now I want to transfer to double bass. At first the level was very high and I needed all my previous knowledge to keep up. But listening to the ideas particularly about sound and rhythm have improved my playing. So thank you."
"Really enjoying Peter Sprague and Romero Lubambo courses."
"Peter is a good teacher and he has the chops to back up his methods."
"Can you please make the playback of elements of piano jazz in every key?"
Open Studio is rated 4.70 based on 303 reviews

Create Free Account Now

Fill the details below & get instant access