Open Studio Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read Open Studio Reviews

About Open Studio:

Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

Open Studio 5 star review on 29th August 2019
Effie
Open Studio 5 star review on 21st August 2019
John Krantz
Great resource and genuine educators! Very personable and tremendously motivating videos
I love both Christian McBride courses. In this time when live music is just not around we need a way to hear the greats do their thing and talk about it. Also, Bob DeBoos ( sorry about the spelling) guided practicing are so helpful. If I'm not getting better at jazz, it's my fault not yours 🙂.
I was very satisfied by your youtube videos, so I decided to purchase your online courses. But I found that online courses are insufficient than youtube videos. It was a bit dissapointing.
Hi Yechan,
Sorry you were disappointed. We are happy to swap out your course for another that may be a better fit, or refund your purchase if you like. Just shoot us an email at support@openstudionetwork.com
A great start
Greg is awesome and rhythm session class is going to be excellent
I have found the site content, set-up, and the execution have been wonderful and a great value. I am a jazz oriented upright bassist at the intermediate level and I want to become advanced. So far, I have purchased Rhythm Section Fundamentals, the Brazilian Rhythm Section and both Christian McBride bass courses. I love having lifetime access. The software also works great and the available transcriptions are a key learning tool for me. The lessons present many valuable pieces of wisdom with ample demonstrations more than giving tons of exercises, which I love. However, there are now companion videos in Christians course to help with day to day practice and breaking down concepts. The few I have tried so far are excellent and provide a really great recourse to get some serious practice done. Great value overall for the price of a small number of private lessons! In these pandemic times, Open Studio is great way to stay motivated - it has many podcasts and live stream sessions for free that provide a great means of connection community of jazz musicians.
Enjoyed your 7days trial lesson. I think if students could clearly see and hear what they can achieve after completion of classes, it will be more easier for them to enroll your class. I definitely enroll your class and I would like to be part of your community.
brings some normality to this hot mess we're living in. it's like talking, learning and listening with your friends. thanks!
I’m a professionally trained (lapsed) jazz guitarist and vocalist who decided to pick up the piano because I wanted something brand new. I am wildly impressed with how Open Studio lays out lessons, the material selection and tasteful arrangements. I never thought I’d enjoy online lessons because in-person teachers are and remain, in my mind, essential. That said, the material and manner of Open Studio is extremely helpful, interesting and very fun - really a must stop music education station. Martin & Co. are obviously dedicated and masterful educators. My highest recommendation.
Very good piano courses. It’s easy to follow and its almost exactly like having lessons in person.
I'm an artist - painter - so I was looking for a quality course, that is ambitious, and I feel lucky to have found this one ! It's intuitive, step by step. If you are a creative and a fast learner you will enjoy every bit.
Hani
Good practical applicable information, taught by gigging pros.
Excellent, I bought the Element of Jazz course and will buy the Brazilian Jazz and Pentatonics courses in the future. I recommend your website to all my family and friends. Thanks for making our world a better place.
Not a lot of interesting content. The main jazz method course seems like a chaotic mess. Most of the videos don't have "virtual" keyboard feature. There are only lead sheets instead of fully notated arrangements.
Hi there Marciej,

Sorry you were disappointed in the Jazz Piano Method course. As you likely saw, this is an ongoing course with an archive of over 450 lessons and still a new lesson posted every week. All of the newer lessons have our Living Notation player included (with interactive notation on screen).

If you would like another week of the trial to dig deeper, simply send an email to support@openstudionetwork.com

Best,
Dan
Co-founder, Open Studio
I especially appreciate the focused content; some piano folks on the Internet go off on tangents or simply take FOREVER to get to the point. Peter Martin and Adam Maness are accomplished musicians, and their on-air chemistry and enthusiasm for playing and teaching is inspiring and energizing. I often watch one of their videos to get into the mindset for practicing.
Coming into it for the first time is a little overwhelming and it’s very difficult to just get started playing. I think if you have a quick-start section, it would be less daunting and more likely to hook those of us with little time to spare to start from zero with every course. Little lessons that someone could just pick up and go with (even if they’re missing some of the groundwork). Then, if I want to delve deeper into that concept, I could be taken to the larger course and start from the ground up. I hope that makes sense. Regardless, it’s a very valuable resource and I can see myself getting lost in it for many years to come.
So far, I'm using Adam's and Peter's piano courses They're awesome! However, what makes Open Studio so truly special is the warmth and personal attention received from the entire team. They consistently do what it takes to make sure you know you're being sincerely supported!
I love the way they teach, I've been to recognized schools and teachers at Berklee. And this definitely has that quality or more. I will absolutely take classes with open studio.
great instruction. great use of technology to help with practice. lessons are fun and broken down enough to grasp the concepts
Peter Martin and Adam Maness share their extensive knowledge and wealth of experience in a well structured and very appealing way. The lessons are full of useful and inspiring ideas and tips, accompanied by high-quality sheet music. Jazz musicians at every level can profit a lot from this unique offer! A real motivator!
Christian Schnarr (composer/arranger), Germany
Mr. McBride is a wonderful musician. But I wish he would play the PDF assignments. I enjoyed Bob DeBoo's lessons very much (I got more out of him). Also, I think the videos and the monthly lessons are too expensive. I cannot afford $129/videos and $50/monthly subscriptions. A lot of people are out of work.
Open Studio is rated 4.75 based on 943 reviews