Open Studio Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read Open Studio Reviews

About Open Studio:

Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

Open Studio 5 star review on 29th August 2019
Effie
Open Studio 5 star review on 21st August 2019
John Krantz
I had a five days trial and I like it
Just tought that it would have more profound classes. It looked like workshops to me
You guys make jazz practical. After 45 years of playing, this is a fresh approach.
The Christian Mcbride's Lessons are the best
Just watching the 2 minute flicks with peter and Adam when both of you are on air.
Very impressive and challenging
I know enough to be dangerous
You two are more phenomenal than you probably know
As an astute steely dan fan, I’m all ears when someone takes it ‘outside’
Thanks John M
Excellent content. Enjoying the other videos and GPS as well on YT.
I selected Open Chords...and I am an intermediate player but I did expect the guy to physically apply the chord stylings to a song not just sit in front of piano and play a few out.... many people are visual learners as well.
Won’t be using it....sorry
PD
Hi Paul -

Sorry you were unhappy with your course purchase. I've just sent you an email from our support@openstudionetwork.com with some possible solutions.

Best,
Dan
co-founder, Open Studio
I´m a brazilian pro guitar player.Romero Lubambo is a great friend of mine´. I ever enter your youtube channel to appreciate those amazing musicians. I felt very happy and impressed with the excelence of the courses you offer.Congratulations and thank you very much for your kindness.All the best wishes!

Jarbas Goulart
Some more GPS like those Adam Maness has in his courses and it would be five stars. Some of Peter Martins courses covers a lot of material and it gets a little overwhelming.
I love the experience. Great teachers who can teach! Very rare!
I wish I had more time to spend here.
I think open studio is really very cool from what I saw. I think it would be a great resource for me when I'm able to afford it. As a professional saxophonist, these lessons seem to move along quickly enough to not get boring for someone that understands most of the musical content, but contain enough repetition to get that in my muscles. Learning piano has always been a frustration with my ears and brain way ahead of my fingers, but this seems like a good solution.
ottimo servizio!!!
Legends portuguese course of piano
It should have a short amount rewind button (like 3-5 seconds) to hear the chord again. When teacher plays chords you can write the name of the chord because if you don’t write that it making me spend extra effort to pause the lesson, note the chord notes and positions and back to lesson to watch again over and over. The 25-35 dollar course prices was a very good discount for people like us to spend 7.5 lira to every dollar because of the currency. The price was so affordable that for a moment I asked myself should I buy all the courses :)
Hi Feriz. Great suggestion. I've added your request to the list of feature requests. We do have speed control and A/B looping that can achieve the same thing.
your rating boxes did not work - I was trying to rate the program as excellent. There is so much learning material, and the breakdown of concepts and examples is very useful and supportive.
Great music ed project. I use it mostly as a review and to get different perspectives on creating music. A little too piano-centric though, covering more instruments used in jazz would probably take it to a whole new level.
The course is very enjoyable and engaging, Peter is a great musician as well as a great teacher. Lessons are easy to follow and well planned.
I’m loving the guided practice sessions. They have given me a fresh new perspective for my practice sessions. I feel like they are really making a difference.

I think it would be really useful if you could add a feature to the practice session apps to allow you to pick up where you left off. I am trying to run through them chronologically but now that there are over 100 gps, it is really difficult to work out which one you are up to. I end up either missing one out or unintentionally repeating lessons.
Hi Brian. When you use the Daily Guided Practice course on our site, it does keep track of which lessons you have completed by crossing out the title. Join Open Studio co-founder, Dan, for a live demo and Q&A about all of the features if you like: www.openstudiojazz.com/demo
I am a drummer, but am currently taking the Jazz Piano Jumpstart course. I love it so far and recommend it 100%!
The best way to start your piano journey. I'm so happy that I found this resource!
The information presented in course and in the the teaching is excellent.
Open Studio is rated 4.75 based on 947 reviews