Open Studio Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Open Studio

About Open Studio: Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

support@openstudionetwork.com

3547 Olive St.

company-profile.Click_here
Live Chat, Email, Telephone
"Very efficient and relaxed explained!"
"I'm happy with the course of Dianne Reeves’s. I'm from Japan and unfortunately we Japanese singers can not get good jazz education. The courses in your service are helping me a lot. Hopefully, I'd like to know the knowledge and approach of the ensemble with singer also w/o singer."
"The video quality is good, but at times the videos take some time to load. Maybe it’s a browser issue."
"Please, English subtitles to movie, because I'm not good at listening English."
"Love Geoffrey Keezer's program! Quite a bit to practice and digest, however guaranteed to improve ones playing and take it to a new level. Hip lines, voicings, outside modal playing, bass lines, solo piano. It's all there."
"Things progressing nicely for me, an amateur, slowly, but nicely because I find the explanations and lessons very comprehensive and easy to understand. I have, however found a typo in the scale for #8 of the Lydian Dominant scale in F. As someone who's beginning to get a firmer grasp on this theory, it does create confusion when I see an Ab in that scale."
"Very good and helpful material"
"Excellent"
"The course was amazing but the interface was confusing at times and frustrating to use"
Hi Carl!

So sorry to hear that the interface was frustrating.

We're actually in the process of moving all our videos and courses over to www.openstudiojazz.com, and soon all our existing customers will have access to all their courses there.

Fundamentals of Jazz Bass is already complete, so we'll go ahead and move you over now. We'd love for you to check out the new site, kick the tires, and let us know how you like it. We think you'll agree that our new site is faster, easier to use, and much less of a frustration. You may even feel compelled to update your review :)

You'll receive an email to create a new password for our site, and you'll be all set. You won't have to log-in to openstudionetwork.com again. Let me know if you have any questions, and we look forward to hearing from you after you check out the new site. Thank you!

Happy Practicing,
Rachel Morgan
Operations Coordinator, Open Studio
"How and what to practice is one of the most crucial questions. Yet it‘s probably the most personal one and the most difficult to answer. Very quickly, as a beginner, you can get overwhelmed by hints like „practice all the chords, all inversions, all keys, LH and RH“ - this adds up to hundreds of hours - let alone that it does not answer the question of how to make these exercises sound musically and fun to play – which is why we love music, right? That can be very frustrating. This course is different. It is very clear, yet fun to watch. The guided exercises break down the key elements in easy-to-follow steps, showing very clearly how to practice. I still have to make choices – yet this is a great way to start, at least for me. Thank you, Open-Studio-Team!"
"I particularly like the guided practices. It helps me stay focused on the material and keeps my practice time efficient."
"Good interactive course with diferent posibilities of approaching it."
"Thanks for all"
"Loving it!"
"I’m impressed with the content, presentation, and skills of your staff. The idea is quite comprehensive and I feel blessed to have found this music resource. I’m quite happy practicing and it’s great to be able to go over the material."
"Very good👍👍"
"Thank you Peter Martin for getting right down to business and not talking incessantly like so many other instructors. Also, at one point while explaining which version of a C7, C9, C13 to use he just stated “Who Cares”. That is the moment I knew I was in the right place for me!"
"I've started many online jazz guitar courses but Peter Sprague's is a bit different. Being the seasoned performer he is and the collaborations he had with top jazz musicians he talks from the perspective of a professional guitar player who knows how to deliver the knowledge to a student. His jazz guitar course starts from the very beginning (pay attention though, it's not for absolute beginners, you must know your basic chords and scales to dive into it) explaining the major scale and the main chords with inversions. I've watched the first three lesson and I have food for thought and practice for six months! This is the premise for a great learning experience. I forgot: his insights on left hand technique for arpeggios is an eye opener. Not for every body but it works for me. You also get Peter Sprague's technique book as a free download, whose pages are often referenced to during the videos. Greetings from Italy."
"I really am liking it. The only thing I would like is to be able to press the space bar to start and stop the video. That’s in the notation video player."
"Excellent in term of teaching but over 5 stars have been your customer support that help me to solve in a prompt and high professional Way one tech/software issue. Congrats!"
Open Studio is rated 4.70 based on 372 reviews