Open Studio Reviews

Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Read Open Studio Reviews

About Open Studio:

Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

support@openstudionetwork.com

3547 Olive St.

Great and clear
Hello! I recently joined the "Jazz Jump Start" course and my 5-star rating is based on my experience so far in that particular course. I like the way the theory part is presented jointly by Peter and Adam. And I like very much the structured exercises that Adam presents for each week of the course. I started piano very late in life - in my late 50's (I am now in my mid 70s) and naturally for an adult, I want to learn everything instantly. I appreciate that learning jazz does take time and I take on board Peter and Adam's regular reminders that one needs patience. The structured practice sessions I find extremely useful because of the ability to play along with Adam and imitate. And the structure provides a means for measuring my progress. About one year ago I bought Peter Martin's "Jazz Piano for Beginners". I don't recall that the "Jump Start Jazz" program was available at that time. From the piano experience that I had, I thought that I'd be able to follow the Beginners course. However, I found it very challenging. The content is good, but for me, I would like the same kind of guided practice segments as in the Jump Start course. I felt frustrated at the very start with the PM Blues piece. Peter gives the basic structure and then shows possible variations that one can improvise. I note that the variations have been provided in written form as well. However, I would like to see suggested fingering for the different variations. Having felt frustrated at my lack of progress with the Beginners Course, I was glad to see the Jump Start course and finally feel that I am making some progress.
I'm a multi-instrumentalist (Guitar, Voice, and Piano) Right now I'm working on Piano; Jump Start and Elements of Jazz. Since Piano is my weakest instrument I'm starting there. I like the way the courses are set up. There are tons of online sites to study from; and I've been on lots of them. Open studio resonates with me as one of the best out there. in time I plan to take a few other classes in the future!
good study material
Excellent contents and delivery.
The guided practice is a game changer. I purchased a course that is a little beginner for me, but I’m really enjoying the process of going back to the basics. I will be purchasing more advanced courses for sure. I hope they all have the guided practice routines.
These guys know there stuff. top information clearly presented.
Bossa Nova Jumpstart is an excellent course. Super clear, beautiful changes to check out. Hearing Romero play is the very best lesson. Also gives you lot’s to chew on over time. The practice sheets are helpful for structuring and prioritizing your practice time. Looking forward to experiencing the entire Brazilian Jazz guitar course, thanks very much.
Really loved the Jump Start Course! It was so helpful especially the guided practices which were great! Can’t wait to do Keez to Jazz Piano now
For me its totally inspiring...I am working on Donna Lee with 2feel bass and Just Friends etc which I saw on Youtube.....You'll hear it!!!!thanks
Topics and the taught material are very good on Open Studio. The musicians are wonderful and their skills are amazing. Howewer, in my opinion, often it's not simple to follow the lessons because most of the interesting things are not explained nice and slowly. I'm pretty an intermediate/advanced piano player, so if I have this kind of difficulty, I think that this problem is widespread if most of the subscribers are beginner. Obviously this is my opinion. Finally I'm pretty sorry because I think that, with these musicians, I could learn a lot of things and become a better musicians, but unfortunately this is not so easy. I'm aware that topic is complex, but in the future, if this question can be solved, please do it.
Good stuff!
I'm so thrilled with the way you teach every subject and with your attitude on the emails. Thank you for providing us with all of this knowledge in an affordable price. On many ways you made me feel that you care for the students. Well done Open Studio Team. :)
Los vídeos se cortan, dejan de funcionar..!
Good teachers good courses
The course is well structured and you can really feel the way each lesson builds on the one before and brings you closer to your goal. Seven stars.
It is a very good course
Hallo dear Open Studio Team (Peter Martin and Adam Maness), everything is fine and great, but I have a small suggestion: A time indication would be fine, in order to find a spot in the video again to review and practice. I'm German, so I'm not 100% sure about the right vocabulary with "time indication" ... I mean simply a runing time (clock) while the video goes (like on YT). Best Wishes, Uwe Schönwiese
Definitive, essential and inspiring. There are many eye opening performances. I’ve never understood what swing was until I watched one of lessons here.
Excellent it actually merits five but I am a bit slow because of an orthopedic problem that occurred in my RH fingers. Therefore cannot concentrate fully. Thank you
Open Studio is rated 4.70 based on 403 reviews