Open Studio Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend Open Studio

About Open Studio: Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

support@openstudionetwork.com

3547 Olive St.

Click Here
Live Chat, Email, Telephone
"I've started many online jazz guitar courses but Peter Sprague's is a bit different. Being the seasoned performer he is and the collaborations he had with top jazz musicians he talks from the perspective of a professional guitar player who knows how to deliver the knowledge to a student. His jazz guitar course starts from the very beginning (pay attention though, it's not for absolute beginners, you must know your basic chords and scales to dive into it) explaining the major scale and the main chords with inversions. I've watched the first three lesson and I have food for thought and practice for six months! This is the premise for a great learning experience. I forgot: his insights on left hand technique for arpeggios is an eye opener. Not for every body but it works for me. You also get Peter Sprague's technique book as a free download, whose pages are often referenced to during the videos. Greetings from Italy."
"I really am liking it. The only thing I would like is to be able to press the space bar to start and stop the video. That’s in the notation video player."
"Excellent in term of teaching but over 5 stars have been your customer support that help me to solve in a prompt and high professional Way one tech/software issue. Congrats!"
"very clear and well presented"
"Can't wait to hopefully get fundamentals of jazz bass at next discount."
"The course is excellent and Peter Martin is a great piano player and teacher."
"Everithing perfect. I'm very satisfied, thank you!"
"I am a teacher and trumpeter and think Sean Jones lessons are tops. He is a very kind and good teacher. I am already improving and so are my high school students! Bill Laarz"
"Nice content"
"Hi guys... I’m Ricardo from Brazil and I just talk something about Hutch and open studio... It’s a great way to improve your skills and the vision about music (jazz in general)... I’m really happy to learn from Hutch... I recommend this music course for sure..."
"I’m a great fan of the all Open Studio’s artists. Best, ever!"
"I love all the courses especially the drum courses 🥁🥢👌"
"Hi, I am 61 years and I just started playing piano since 2 years ago. So the lesson goes slow but that’s the good thing about ; you can always repeat it and it is very good explained. Thanks very much, greetings Dhanyam"
"Since I’m asked I rate that full package of lessons 5 stars for the two main following reasons: Keezer is a monster musician and having an insight on his approach to music is a privilege. The presentation of the lessons giving you the option to fasten them while remaining intelligible is pretty cool and saves time. I’d say I would have liked to see some more or longer examples about the advanced concepts but in the end there are enough to set a good practice basis. Thanks to Mr Keezer and you guys to make this happen. Jef"
"I like it very much Thanks"
"I wish the old lessons can have the new technology as well!"
Hi Simon!

Thanks so much for your review. We're happy to announce that we'll be moving to a brand new site platform in the next few weeks, so all our courses will have the same, brand-new technology! Be sure to keep an eye on your email so you can make the switch when the time comes. Thanks for your review!

Happy Practicing,
Rachel Morgan
Operations Coordinator
"I Love You Christian Mcbride.."
"I've been playing a long time. I haven't taken any lessons in over 40 years. I wanted to see what was happening with it and happy to say that Great Traditions haven't changed. It really helping me go back and brush up on the fundamentals of Jazz drumming with Gregory. Thanks Ron V"
"Excellent lectures and on line material. It would be great to have live sessions for questions/advice for course's subscribers at regular intervals (say once a month)"
Hey Paolo!

Thanks for reaching out with this suggestion. We've been doing monthly Facebook Live sessions with Peter Martin called AMA's (ask me anything). Here, our members are able to ask Peter Martin absolutely any questions that they have about our courses, piano/jazz advice and more. Follow us on Facebook at @heyopenstudio to get more information about live streams like these. Our next AMA will be on Friday, June 14 at 2pm CST. We hope to see you there!

Let us know if you have any other questions or comments. Thanks again for your suggestion.

Rachel Morgan
Operations Coordinator
"Great lessons from Peter Martin! Just what I was looking for. Mark"
Open Studio is rated 4.70 based on 375 reviews