Open Studio Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend Open Studio

About Open Studio: Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

support@openstudionetwork.com

3547 Olive St.

Live Chat, Email, Telephone
"Impressive content. Web site is a bit slow and not that functional, but the content trumps everything. Worth every single cent."
"Glad you sent me this. I sent Mr. Martin an email to his website. I have been searching for years to find A Beginner's Jazz Piano Course that would be just that. I have amassed a collection of "how to" books for jazz piano that all fall short. I am classically trained with a degree in music and have been searching for a course for jazz piano that would address someone like me. I play transcriptions (Bill Evans to be exact-he is my favorite, as well as others) but have always wanted to learn to play jazz piano for my own compositions and to maybe even learn to improvise - if there is such a thing. Now I know there is. I resonate with the Beginner Jazz Course by Peter Martin because it is well organized. Each chapter is progressive - one step at a time! I have been practicing and already I am starting to "get it" or, should I say "hear it." I plan on doing a video blog of my practicing from now, through the end of the book - then editing it so it can show my progress. Thank you so much - I feel like I finally found the course that will get me to begin to play jazz piano like I have always wanted to. Please be sure to show this to Mr. Martin."
"Very good,excelent!! In depth explained Courses, user-friendly player, customer support excelent!!"
"Despite only two weeks of using OpenStudio, I feel very confident in the quality of it’s lessons and the technology used to present them. Another accolade should go to the impressive presence of help whenever I’ve needed it. As an intermediate jazz piano player and a former music teacher, I feel that I have an adequate background to make a proper evaluation. I’ve looked at several online jazz piano teaching systems and this seems to me to be the most structured and comprehensive system. I think OpenStudio provides everything it can to allow me to achieve my playing objectives. Well done, OpenStudio!"
"Useful stuff from talented people. I am a gigging jazz/rock keyboard player, and am upping my game with this material."
"I have been a member for a long time and appreciate all the efforts you guys have made to keep improving the site. I recommend it to others often."
"I really love the website, the lessons, and all the extras that come with it."
"Great content , videos, sound quality and technology for learning."
"Great lessons!"
"Excellent. a utiliser avec transcribe! happy practice."
"Great instruction by highly skilled performers/teachers using excellent technology."
"just started the Beginners set-I have played claassical piano for 59 years (I'm 66) and have always loved jazz and find the easy introduction very appealing and intuitive. the format is great with easy to repeat, stop and start, etc and a very warm and engaging and encouraging manner in your style. Of course would give anything to play even halfway to what you do but I think I can get far enough to enjoy the sound coming out of my piano. of course listening to Tatum, Tyner, Oscar, Evvans, Flanagan etc makes me just gaze fondly to the top of Everest. Love to play scales and have a good ear so hopefully enough will sink in."
"Having taken piano lessons for years, this is an excellent course. That said, I am moving slowly by choice--new concepts and skills, and I'm trying to get it solid. I've already recommended the course to at least one friend."
"Very informative excellent content amazing oppertunity to learn from master jazz musicians ."
"Love this program and community. Very happy with it. Thanks!"
"Open Studio, as far as I'm concerned, is in the happiness business. I can't think of any other service that makes me as happy as Open Studio, and especially the Jazz Piano Method, the You'll Hear It podcast, and Adam Maness's Facebook instruction. The courses are all world-class, the production values are superb, the customer service is personable and efficient, the community is supportive. If Open Studio didn't exist, I'd be a much less happy person. It's been life-changing."
"Where's the 7 stars? 5 stars with "Very Good" doesn't cover it. It's like the next level, "Exceptionally Good" and then the next level after that, "Off the Charts". So my only criticism is you've got to up the number of stars so we can give it the rating it really deserves."
"Great stuff. With a blend of sophisticated expertise and good-natured fun, Peter and the rest of the Open Studio team offer a great way for anyone to get into playing and listening to jazz. Highly recommended."
"The best online Jazz piano course you can buy. My favourite is the Peter Martin Jazz Piano Method as its intermediate to advanced, and dives straight into tunes and concepts. But I also have all access pass, to snoop around the other instruments that I can't play!"
"Love it! Lots of information given in a fun way. I was listening so intently in my car that I rear ended the guy in front of me! Oy."
Open Studio is rated 4.69 based on 267 reviews