Open Studio Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Open Studio

About Open Studio: Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

support@openstudionetwork.com

3547 Olive St.

Click Here
Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Effie K
"I'm so thrilled with the way you teach every subject and with your attitude on the emails. Thank you for providing us with all of this knowledge in an affordable price. On many ways you made me feel that you care for the students. Well done Open Studio Team. :)"
Jesse H
"I particularly like the guided practices. It helps me stay focused on the material and keeps my practice time efficient."
Mark H
"I’m impressed with the content, presentation, and skills of your staff. The idea is quite comprehensive and I feel blessed to have found this music resource. I’m quite happy practicing and it’s great to be able to go over the material."
Fulvio T
"I've started many online jazz guitar courses but Peter Sprague's is a bit different. Being the seasoned performer he is and the collaborations he had with top jazz musicians he talks from the perspective of a professional guitar player who knows how to deliver the knowledge to a student. His jazz guitar course starts from the very beginning (pay attention though, it's not for absolute beginners, you must know your basic chords and scales to dive into it) explaining the major scale and the main chords with inversions. I've watched the first three lesson and I have food for thought and practice for six months! This is the premise for a great learning experience. I forgot: his insights on left hand technique for arpeggios is an eye opener. Not for every body but it works for me. You also get Peter Sprague's technique book as a free download, whose pages are often referenced to during the videos. Greetings from Italy."
Jean-françois G
"Since I’m asked I rate that full package of lessons 5 stars for the two main following reasons: Keezer is a monster musician and having an insight on his approach to music is a privilege. The presentation of the lessons giving you the option to fasten them while remaining intelligible is pretty cool and saves time. I’d say I would have liked to see some more or longer examples about the advanced concepts but in the end there are enough to set a good practice basis. Thanks to Mr Keezer and you guys to make this happen. Jef"
Keith H
"A great learning tool. Drumming courses(especially the fundamentals of jazz Drumming )are awesome and the rhythm section fundamentals course is simply stunning! Inspirational stuff!!"
David B
"If I can improve my skill levels to even a fraction of those of Peter M, then I will be overjoyed, and extremely grateful. I have listened to around 20 videos in the week since signing up, and learned such a lot already."
John C
"Peter is an amazing Jazz Pianist and teacher. I'm convinced that If i just follow the course, take my time, practice and emulate Peter I'll get to somewhere in my playing that i can occasionally say hey not bad and enjoy the journey. Thanks for the great courses."
Scott M
"Open Studio has a lot to offer. The different courses are taught by top-notch professionals, and there are plenty of good ideas to draw from. Peter is a very engaging teacher and a wonderful pianist, and the same can be said for Adam and others. That being said, I cancelled my membership during the trial period, because in order to really take advantage of the membership you need to have a lot of time to practice, and (for piano) you need to have several years of good piano training behind you. For instance, you will be able to progress much more rapidly if you already know all your major and minor scales, triads and inversions. If you know all your seventh chords, the blues scale, and have a basic knowledge of functional harmony so much the better. The point is that you need to be at least at the lower intermediate level to progress very well. If you're interested in developing this aspect of your music, Open Studio is a great and reasonably priced resource. I hope to rejoin when I have more practice time."
Yasue M
"Excellent source for learning jazz. Real messages and advices from Grammy winner musicians are truly inspiring."
Timothy C
"Open Studio provides a rich portfolio of helpful resources. They seem to embrace innovation with useful transcriptions, helpful hints and a variety of viewpoints and styles. I have been a member for several years, but the improvements in the last couple of years have been truly great. Peter has assembled a dedicated and extremely talented team."
Rodrigo L
"I think it is a wonderful initiative. Good image and sound quality, excellent teachers, and a very friendly ambient make you feel at home. Furthermore, they are always looking for new ways to improve (new functionalities, options, content...)."
David C
"EXCELENT !!!!1 I AM VERY HAPPY BECAUSE I CAN LEARN OF MY FAVORTE SAXOPHONE PLAYER STEVE WILSON"
Ernie C
"Amazed at the variety and availability of material. There’s nothing else like this online."
John K
"I have been a long-time member with an unlimited pass and love every aspect of Open Studio. I truly would have been satisfied with Peter’s weekly lessons as things used to be, but the many enhancements and options over the past year or so has really take it to a new level. I have incorporated countless concepts into my own playing. Adam is great and Geoffrey Keezer is outstanding. I try to listen to each and every podcast. In short, Open Studio is far and away THE BEST ONLINE PIANO SITE OUT THERE!"
Drew M
"Open Studio has been a great experience! The quality of instruction, the professional level of the videos, the supporting materials and the fantastic cut-to-the-chase style of teaching jazz are all top-notch. Easily the best use of time and money I have seen in a long long time!"
Barbara A
"Glad you sent me this. I sent Mr. Martin an email to his website. I have been searching for years to find A Beginner's Jazz Piano Course that would be just that. I have amassed a collection of "how to" books for jazz piano that all fall short. I am classically trained with a degree in music and have been searching for a course for jazz piano that would address someone like me. I play transcriptions (Bill Evans to be exact-he is my favorite, as well as others) but have always wanted to learn to play jazz piano for my own compositions and to maybe even learn to improvise - if there is such a thing. Now I know there is. I resonate with the Beginner Jazz Course by Peter Martin because it is well organized. Each chapter is progressive - one step at a time! I have been practicing and already I am starting to "get it" or, should I say "hear it." I plan on doing a video blog of my practicing from now, through the end of the book - then editing it so it can show my progress. Thank you so much - I feel like I finally found the course that will get me to begin to play jazz piano like I have always wanted to. Please be sure to show this to Mr. Martin."
Marco F
"Jazz Piano Method is a fantastic course; one lesson is worth the price of the whole course"
Peter W
"I love the lessons with Peter Martin. They are in-depth and challenging but presented in a way that is accessible and easy to follow. I almost never get to end of a lesson because there’s so much great material to work on before I can move on. I also love the interactive aspects of the course and the podcast, of course!"
Dwight A
"Dear Open Studio: Peter Martin is simply the best teacher I have had to learn Jazz. He is quick, to the point and honest about everything that he does not to mention his virtuosity on the acoustic piano. If this is any indication of how he is as a person, how can one go wrong? Equally incredible are the people supporting him in Adam Maness along with all the other great musicians on Open Studio. Wish I had time to digest all of the courses but I have to take care of what's on my plate first and that is Jazz piano. My hats off to all of the Open Studio staff and making this quality education available for us all. Dwight"
Charles V
"I'm glad I signed up for Open Studio. Peter is a great teacher. Just going through a few of the lessons in depth has helped my jazz piano study immensely. The instruction is practical, comprehensive, and inspirational. It makes you want to practice more. The You'll Hear It podcasts are fun and a great reminder that even though we're all at different levels, everyone's committed to the same noble goal: little by little getting better at playing this music. 7 Stars!"
Ronald S
"Open Studio is the very best place to learn jazz..period. Regardless of instrument (mine is piano) there is so much to learn, even if already an advanced player. And you are learning from exceptional musicians (and, interestingly, they learn from each other). But still, it is not magic. You must practice, practice, listen, practice."
Rhythm E
"I find Open Studio to be, far & away, the most comprehensive online jazz study program out there. As a jazz pianist, I am working mostly with Peter and Keez, and there's simply nothing missing in their coverage & clarity, hitting all the important basics, concepts, substitutions and soloing improv, and explaining it in a way that's easy to "get" and absorb. I have already recommended this course to several friends, at least one whom I know purchased the entire course, and is enjoying similar benefits."
Open Studio is rated 4.70 based on 389 reviews