Open Studio Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read Open Studio Reviews

About Open Studio:

Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

Open Studio 5 star review on 17th September 2019
Yasue
Open Studio 5 star review on 29th August 2019
Effie
An absolutely phenomenal platform for learning jazz. The courses are well structured, the teachers are fantastic, and the lessons are super inspiring! I'd give a thousand star review if I could!
I'm an intermediate piano player but decided to try the Jazz Piano Jump-Start. I'm quite satisfied with the course. It's always good to revisit very fundacional concepts with different approaches. The guided practices featured in this course are great.
The best jazz education platform
Everything is top notch! The teachers, the lessons, the workbooks, the blog,the podcast, the customer service...EVERYTHING IS AMAZING! From beginner to pro level players, there are lessons for everyone! Can't say thank you enough!
I did the Pentatonics course and still working through it to build speed particularly with the triplets and semi quaver patterns.
My disappointment was in not having suggested fingering for right hand on all twelve scales. I appreciate that we can work out what is supposedly best for ourselves but written suggestions would have been beneficial in keeping with the support promised.
This has undoubtedly been an incredible investment I’ve made towards my journey in the beautiful genre of learning Jazz piano with teachers Peter & Adam. Learning something online, one is always apprehensive if it’s going to work out, but having been into the course for a month now, I can assure you’d be given sound advice, guidance and the encouragement to learn what books or even the best teachers might not teach you. I’m pleased Open Studio exists and hope it continues to.
If you cannot have a real teacher this is the....very best option
Jazz piano method is by far one of the best online jazz courses out there. Peter Martin gives fantastic weekly lessons,
Very informative, applicable and guaranteed to improve your playing!
100 stars ⭐️
I love Open Studios! There is just an unbelievable amount of information and a diversity of offerings for various levels. And Peter and Adam are both wonderful pianists and it is a pleasure to listen to them. Thanks guys!
As the Buddha said, "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear." I'm a low to mid intermediate who has been searching for a structured way to advance to the pro level. Open Studio provided the answer! I'm currently in the 2nd week of the Jump-start class. The knowledge and sincerity of Peter and Adam have inspired me to practice 1-2 hours daily. I purchased the All Access Jazz Piano pass and will strive to complete everything in one year. Did I mention the superb quality of your videos and reference materials? And lastly, your one-hour live Q&A session last Friday alone was worth the price of the All Access Pass. I can't thank you guys enough!
I have recently joined the course "Piano Technique - Pentatonics".
It is a good idea to include these exercises into your daily practice and I feel how I'm getting more control and dexterity and I hope I can transfer this to my general playing.
Anyway I'm still in the first week of the practice and I hope there will also be some ideas how to use these pentatonic patterns in real jazz pieces or improvisations.
Open Studio is, by far, my favorite online learning site. The instructors are experts at their craft and very easy to follow and engaging through each lesson. I am very happy with my purchases and look forward to many more exciting courses!
Hi there , as for the content I found the website absoloutely on spot

If there is one thing that in my opinion could make the experience significantly better is around the explanation in which for example an idea is explained in words and then demonstrated on the piano

While the words are easy to understand quite often there where beautifull piano playing ideas that just went too fast and not broken into slow motion digestable examples
Open Studio delivers incredible value with a world-class user interface, high quality production, and top-notch learning tools. Pete, Adam, et al. are consummate professionals delivering creatively designed and well-organized courses, bringing a love instruction with a sense of humor!

A long-time student of the piano, I have seen step-function improvement in my playing thanks to Open Studio’s courses. I highly recommend Open Studio to both experienced and aspiring jazz musicians.
I’m not in a rush!!
There are no shortcuts.
I’ve been a Professional Musician for 55-years. Sax, Flute, and Clarinet.
I’m familiar with the Piano because I am an Arranger (Berklee College of Music) Studied Saxophone, with Buddy Collette.

I am enjoying the lesson and I feel I found the right place.
Can you tell me about the videos on Extensive Ear Training. I believe you mentioned that when I first signed up
Nick De Mauro
Los vídeos se cortan, dejan de funcionar..!
I really am liking it. The only thing I would like is to be able to press the space bar to start and stop the video. That’s in the notation video player.
I feel like a lot of the videos are for early intermediate students. What would be helpful is if the videos gave multiple examples for different skill levels. I would also like it if the videos would discuss how to apply the concept or techniques into our playing.

I would also appreciate if we could see how we could effectively practice the concepts. For example, with the weekly lessons it would be great if there was an example practice log for us to follow so that we could spend the week practicing the discussed concepts
I was expecting information that was more useful in terms of technique. While I enjoyed Dianne's stories and such, they fell in the category of inspiration rather than instruction.
I think the content in these courses are of a high standard which any beginner will benefit from. The tutorial videos are well presented.
This course is well worth the price.
Hey Brian,

I've extended your access to the Piano Access Pass for another 7 days so you can check it out.

Best,
Dan (co-founder, Open Studio)
Open Studio is rated 4.75 based on 968 reviews