Open Studio Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend Open Studio

About Open Studio: Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

support@openstudionetwork.com

3547 Olive St.

Click Here
Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Effie K
"I'm so thrilled with the way you teach every subject and with your attitude on the emails. Thank you for providing us with all of this knowledge in an affordable price. On many ways you made me feel that you care for the students. Well done Open Studio Team. :)"
Yasue M
"Definitive, essential and inspiring. There are many eye opening performances. I’ve never understood what swing was until I watched one of lessons here."
"I particularly like the guided practices. It helps me stay focused on the material and keeps my practice time efficient."
"Thank you for expressing my opinion. In my humble opinion, there are too few examples of music in a ready pdf file. Maybe sample phrases or licks? Mike"
"I was hoping for something more jazz oriented. But this seems to focus on people who have never touched a piano. Names of keys, how to buy a keyboard, ect..."
Hey Robert,

​We're sorry to see that you're not completely happy with the Jazz Piano Jumpstart. It may be too easy for you, as it's our novice piano course. We have several other piano courses available, perhaps Jazz Piano for Beginners or the Elements of Jazz Piano (intermediate) might be a better fit.

If you'd be interested in switching to a different course, we'd be happy to refund you, and send you some links to sample lessons of whichever course you'd like to try. Let us know! Thanks so much for your feedback.

Best,
Rachel Morgan
Operations Coordinator, Open Studio
"Hi, Unlike the another courses I am not very happy with the last course. I am not pianist so I need a few explanations and perhaps some exercices to do. Also I would like english subtitles. Yes, I know this course is cheap but no help me like the another courses did. Best Regards Antonio"
"The course was amazing but the interface was confusing at times and frustrating to use"
Hi Carl!

So sorry to hear that the interface was frustrating.

We're actually in the process of moving all our videos and courses over to www.openstudiojazz.com, and soon all our existing customers will have access to all their courses there.

Fundamentals of Jazz Bass is already complete, so we'll go ahead and move you over now. We'd love for you to check out the new site, kick the tires, and let us know how you like it. We think you'll agree that our new site is faster, easier to use, and much less of a frustration. You may even feel compelled to update your review :)

You'll receive an email to create a new password for our site, and you'll be all set. You won't have to log-in to openstudionetwork.com again. Let me know if you have any questions, and we look forward to hearing from you after you check out the new site. Thank you!

Happy Practicing,
Rachel Morgan
Operations Coordinator, Open Studio
"I feel like a lot of the videos are for early intermediate students. What would be helpful is if the videos gave multiple examples for different skill levels. I would also like it if the videos would discuss how to apply the concept or techniques into our playing. I would also appreciate if we could see how we could effectively practice the concepts. For example, with the weekly lessons it would be great if there was an example practice log for us to follow so that we could spend the week practicing the discussed concepts"
"Not enough informations"
"I bought Greg Hutchinson's course, and was a little disappointed with to a lot of bad recorded video's made with a telephone... The video's in the studio were great but in the minority.... So I found it to expensive for the quality of content I got for the money...."
Hello Mark,
Thanks for taking the time to provide us with some feedback on our Hutchology drum course. This course has a variety of focuses and is more casual in nature than some of our other courses, giving the student a full year's worth intimate lessons, practice sessions, and advice.

Greg Hutchinson does have another drum course that is shot in the studio that is structured a bit differently. I've added that course to your dashboard for you to check out for free over the next month. If you like it, just let us know.

Happy Practicing!

Dan
Co-Founder, Open Studio
"Lack of double bass materials"
"The site is rich, and the artists are truly trying to be helpful. I found lessons to be difficult to navigate, and challenging to stick with, as my progress was slow. I take primary responsibility for not succeeding with Open Studio, and wish someone could figure out how to help me stay motivated. These lessons weren't enough, sadly."
"Poor didactic...."
"Can’t learn much from Peter playing so fast. I know he’s good but slow it down and show me how the fingering should be. I’m in a beginning course and some of the things we’re asked to play seem quite advanced."
Hello Bob,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. We hear you and are currently preparing a course that would be a good primer for the beginners course.

Stay tuned.
"I think teaching is very good, but the is too high. You work with some discount, but the initial price is holding me back to buy some more."
"Too much info too fast - slow down!"
"Peter Martin is an excellent teacher with a very pleasant personality, and that is why I tuned in and continue to stay connected. . I am less enthusiastic about some of the other features of the site, although occasionally there is a podcast that I find helpful. But I get the definite feeling that marketing concerns, and the desire to build and expand the brand, are becoming perhaps a little too high a priority."
Open Studio is rated 4.70 based on 375 reviews