Taxicode Reviews

Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult
Read Taxicode Reviews

Tell us how Taxicode made you happy
I made three attempts to book taxis for a short trip. They charged more than 100 pounds in total, and did not refund me after they cancelled my booking (the policy on the website says they will refund if the cancellation is done by the system). The pre-charge process of this service is pretty awkward, and I believe they just try to grab money from customers without giving any refund if they cannot actually allocate a driver.
DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!
Booked an paid, upon my arrival in the uk, waited for more than an hour, finally got hold of someone and then they where so rude and said they have been waiting for me, Said they will not refund my 81Pound paid to them..
They are scamming people..
DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!!!
PLEASE AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

They advertise that they monitor your flight and will be there when you land. In my case my flight was delayed and when I called them to advise they told me that the driver had been and I would need to re-book and pay again. Upon landing the original driver called me and said he had not been and was waiting to collect. I attempted to get a refund, however they are refusing. I would never this company again
Hartleywintneytaxis taxicode operation

I accessed a website hartleywintneytaxis.co.uk to locate a local company to convey me from Hartley Wintney to Heathrow. This offered quotes with no indication as to supplier. I selected a satisfactory quote, and read the cancellation T&Cs which were onerous. However I proceeded to pay the sum requested. I later found I had made a small inadvertent mistake in my journey start postcode, and the postcode I input did not exist!
I was not allocated a local company within, say, 5 miles of my house, but was allocated a company from Bracknell, perhaps 13 miles away. I rang up to correct my postcode error, but was told that they could not alter it, and the only refund was 10% of the amount I had paid. After discussion, my supplier was relocated to a company operating out of Heathrow. This was not the local supplier I was seeking, although the company is very reputable. I shall book direct with them when I return from Spain in September.
My complaints are: 1 - The site mentioned above implies that it is a local firm to Hartley Wintney, which it is not. 2 - The cancellation provisions, clearly spelt out in a long T&Cs, are very onerous. 3 - The call centre took significant wait time to connect. 4 - They were unable to provide me with a company from the area of my journey start, thus risking traffic problems by sending someone from further away. 5 - On the 'trapping' website hartleywintneytaxis.co.uk above, no contact of address information is provided at all.
The service has reasonable review from others on Trustpilot, but I do not like their business methods. I am writing off the money expended and booking a local firm direct. Read the T&Cs carefully before you make payment!!
Avoid. Please avoid. I have read the reviews here before making a booking, but thought I will be different. I booked for my flight to the airport, but they cancelled 3 hours before the trip and had to find another company no matter how much. I was very frustrated and made me pay more than i was planing to pay for a taxi. They took long time to issue a refund. Please avoid. I don’t know how such company is permitted to work in the UK. AVOID AVOID
booked a taxi but within 20mins needed to cancel. Website said no driver allocated tried calling waited 3 hours no answer. Eventually got an email saying full refund will be credited only to receive £5..sent many emails requesting missing funds to no response. Taxi code is a freud and trading standards needs to get involved please do not use them!!! Worst company ever to have business with.
Booked a taxi for tomorrow and quite clearly put in the time as 09:15. The confirmation came through as 10:30. None of the phone numbers provided in the email confirmation work and the chat bot is just a chat bot, there is no Live Chat. Finally tracked down a number, was on hold for an eternity, finally got through to someone with dreadful English who informed me of their no refund policy so asked him to amend the booking to the correct time. I was on hold for a couple of minutes then he told me that the taxi company they had booked my journey with weren't picking up but he'd call back in an hour. A few minutes later, I got a booking amendment sent... for 10:30. There is literally no incentive for them to sort it out because of their unbelievable refund policy where even if you cancel 30 days prior they will keep 55% of their inflated fee. It is theft and I'll be pursuing this.
horrendous.
unbelievably awful.

1. i make a booking and they take the money off me
2. they send confirmation email of my booking
3. they do not send a reconfirmation email
4. i spend 45 mins on hold trying to work out what is going on on the phone - fail - nobody answers the phone
5. the chatbot is beyond useless
6. i raise a ticket - the clarity on how this is resolved is very poor
7. 3 hours before the taxi is due they send me an email saying the taxi is cancelled
8. i try and rebook - again money taken, confirmation email sent and then they cancel... again

just utterly rubbish experience and feel bad if people read the reviews and think it is the taxi companies they liaise with being badly rated...

this is the whole app and booking experience. for anyone looking to book a taxi would thoroughly recommend just calling your local trusted firm and not using this incredibly inflexible and impractical system.
Flight was cancelled 6 days before I was due to fly..i will only get 10% back. Total rip off. Avoid..6 days in enough notice
Avoid. As near to scammers as it's possible to get. Quoted £220 taxi for 1 person 3 large suitcases from Gatwick to north west. Booked but then received phone call demanding another £100 as "quoted car cannot take all luggage". After strong protest this was magically reduced to £50. Taxicode, as I discovered, are merely a "broker" who simply transferred my taxi requirement to "Priveledge" cars...or was it "Canary Wharf Mini Cabs". Who knows...its one big scam. Avoid all of these, especially Taxicode and use a large well known company
If I could give them NEGATIVE stars I would!! Had to cancel due to Covid-19 - they told me I will only get 10% back as I had cancelled. At the time I there was NO travelling allowed in groups. Schools , businesses, restaurants, hotels and AirBnBs were closed - this was at the beginning of the lockdown. They told me the reason they won't give me my money back is that the driver could have gotten another job driving somewhere else. RUBBISH!! We'd booked a minibus for 8 people plus the driver. I told them that this was against government regulations and that the driver COULDN'T have booked another job because at that time the regulations would not permit him to. They don't care. They haven't given me my money or even the disgusting 10% they said I was only entitled to AVOID AT ALL COSTS. I'll be contacting Trading Standards
Taxicode was one of the worst experiences we had. I’ve booked my cab from Bruton on Sunday morning online and confirmed it over the phone. The only reason I left London to Bruton is because I had a taxi booked to my final destination otherwise I would have stayed in london. After confirming several times over the phone at around 2pm, just on my train from Frome to Bruton I receive an email that my taxi was cancelled. Bruton is a small station with no taxi rank nor a shielded space we could protect from the weather. We stood in the station calling the taxi company for an hour to no luck. No one showed up or picked the phone. We had to stand there and ask help to friends which were miles away. DO NOT BOOK WITH THEM.
Can’t even get a refund due to Covid restrictions not even allowing 6 people in a minibus together.
Have contacted trading standards
1 star is too generous for this company. I booked a minibus to take my parents to Madrid airport they confirmed it by email stating pick up times etc took my money £336.50 then cancelled within hours! Said they don’t go to Madrid even though it was confirmed so I requested a refund they refunded me £36.50? Then when I rang to find out why they told me they will take £15 booking fee? trying to get the money back was a nightmare I had to ring the bank to raise it as fraud. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING! - 1 Star is generous
One star is generous.
Took my money, messed me around with bookings.
Finally I had to cancel due to potential COVID symptoms, outside of 48 hours of the journey. Yet still won't give me a refund! Even though it coincides with Government and their own business policy!
Since then they have stopped responding to my emails after ignoring all the evidence I included.
Appalling customer service and will continue to chase them up until this is rectified.
Prohibitive cancellation fee. Spurious websites which imply they are a local to a particular town. Please, please avoid.
The worse taxi company I have ever used.

Their cancellation policy is such that they will only refund you if you do so 10 days before the booking.

They are also one of the most expensive taxi companies I have ever used. To go from central London to Gatwick airport they quoted £137!

Their customer service team were rude and took over a week to respond to me.

Do not use this company.
Very disappointed by Taxicode, I had to cancel the taxi because my flight was cancelled due to coronavirus outbreak, it was in middle March, but they didn't want to refund me even if they didn' assign yet any driver....
Ashamed and profiteer behaviour during these hard times, really.
I was a regular customer but I will not use the service anymore.
Shame on you.
Absolutely appalling service - don't ever book. I also made a booking for April, during to the Corona virus outbreak and working in the NHS I had to cancel my booking, I paid over £100 as well and am not entitled to it back because of the disgusting cancellation policy and zero empathy.
I made a booking for the 18th April, during to the Corona virus outbreak and working in the NHS I had to cancel my booking, I paid over£100, I am not entitled to it back because of the cancellation policy, absolutely disgusting, over£100.00 for nothing, hope I don't have to come across them again.
Taxicode is rated 1.05 based on 240 reviews